Re: Boris Johnson's Speech 10/05

Post by cali4995 » May 11, 2020, 3:29 am

i've sent boris a fb friend request . expect i'll soon
be contacted by mi-5

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 11, 2020, 7:05 am

Much awaited by the general public . Not very clear , and did not put peoples mind at rest , but left them even more confused , especially those with kids . Appeared a knee jerk reaction to me .
Dissapointed in Boris with this one . He still appears to be stumbling in the dark .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2020, 7:28 am

More from the master of wiff waff.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52611466

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 8:36 am

What's the difference between a medium sized shop where the staff/customers maintain social distancing and a crowd of builders on a major construction site who clearly do not/cannot maintain social distancing?
Why were some building/constrcuction sites allowed to continue working after the lockdown was announced?

oh yeah ......... "Tory donors included the wife of a Russian businessman, property developers and a theatre producer. They contributed to a £1.5m increase in the amount raised by the Conservatives from large donors over the same period in 2017.

and of course lets not forget Bojo's "Previous" of getting listed buildings "unlisted" for his mates whilst mayor of London

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 11, 2020, 8:52 am

Statts early morning anti Bojo rant , what times the Trump one today statts????

Speaking of the mayor of London .. twood appear Sadsak Khan has taken lockdown to a new level ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWENdi5TkH8

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 11, 2020, 4:14 pm

Watched BoJo last night and, since, have listened to countless witless, namby pamby eejits saying "he didnt tell us what to do" or "I'm confused".

FFS, what happened to common sense and using a bit of personal initiative. Everyone I speak to us quite clear about what they need to do. Just use your noggin.

Jeez. Rant over

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 4:32 pm

Then why oh why did the number 10 press release that accompanied the statement say that the changes started today and then at 6 am this morning they were saying what we meant was er Wednesday?
nothing at all confusing about that
The bloody "eejits" as you call them are in number 10 not outside

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 11, 2020, 4:42 pm

Dont know whether that's true Statts and, if it is, so what? Maybe they said something ambiguously, or, maybe, God forfend, they made a mistake. I listened to Boris, cut through the bull*** that every politician spouts, will adapt my life if I see fit and get on with it.

Most people have a brain and understand the intention of what the Government is trying to achieve in difficult times.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 4:55 pm

He Clearly made a right pigs ear of the announcement, which should have been made to parliament today. What did he expect to gain by making such a factless announcement to the public except confusion?

Lets put a 14 day quarentine in place (far too late but better late than never I suppose) on everyone coming from abroad .....oh except if you are coming from France. Not sure if this is purely to help out the illegals coming over the channel in rubber dingys or if we have suddenly started trusting the French border controls to stop the Chinese flying into Paris and getting the Eurostar (I know the French borders are supposed to be closed but the British have been complaining about their lack of border control for decades, why have we suddenly started to trust them now?)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2020, 6:20 pm

...and don't get me started on the Turkish-made medical gowns. You know, the sub-standard ones that the RAF went to collect.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 11, 2020, 6:55 pm

1589196788340.jpg
I think a lot of the countries in Europe ànd the US dropped a bollock in the beginning. Too much focus on the young,fit and healthy rather than the old,frail and vunerable . If there are lessons to be learned the protocol regarding emergency lockdown of care homes must be top of the list.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 7:22 pm

tamada wrote:
May 11, 2020, 6:20 pm
...and don't get me started on the Turkish-made medical gowns. You know, the sub-standard ones that the RAF went to collect.
The ones currently sitting in an Oxfordshire warehouse?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 11, 2020, 8:47 pm

Please guys dont feed statto anymore .. everything is Bojos fault and let that be the end of it ..

If Boris gave all expats living overseas 10k sterling Statto would find fault n whinge it wasnt 15k or he stole it from the NHS budget .. im sure theres a place for Udons very own political genius to go back and join the dwindling red army n save the UK from the demon Tories .. send us a post card Statts.

Thank gord Corbyn n his crew didnt win the last election the UK would be totally fooked .. red jezza in a crisis 555 and Diane Abbot in charge of the balancing the books .. hang on would be better than reading statts daily negative drivel.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 11, 2020, 9:19 pm

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 9:26 pm

Well tell us all then DM, WHERE IS THE PPE that they said was on its way on the Friday then delayed on Saturday then having a plane on the runway waiting on the Sunday? Lies Lies Lies Lies and all the time people were dying ...... The order wasnt even placed until the day after they said it was on its way and when it did arrive it was useless , and all because it wouldn't have looked good politically to be seen accepting help from the EU ... which were entitled to anyway
Saving peoples bloody lives should be worth far more than saving peoples political "Face" ........ should be but obviously isnt

PS If Boris gave all expats 10K he would get told exactly the same that Maggie Thatcher & co got told when she "gave" statto free Railway company shares back in the day ..... shove them where the sun dont shine ......... caused HR dept all sorts of headaches until eventually 18 months later they found a way to donate them to a charity of my choice

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 11, 2020, 9:33 pm

Surely it’s not the governments responsibility to order PPE.

All the NHS Trust Managers & penpushers are at fault. They have budgets & keep stocks of PPE but failed to act on the warnings
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 11, 2020, 9:45 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 11, 2020, 9:33 pm

All the NHS Trust Managers & penpushers are at fault. They have budgets & keep stocks of PPE but failed to act on the warnings
Absolutely correct.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2020, 9:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 11, 2020, 8:47 pm
Please guys dont feed statto anymore .. everything is Bojos fault and let that be the end of it ..

If Boris gave all expats living overseas 10k sterling Statto would find fault n whinge it wasnt 15k or he stole it from the NHS budget .. im sure theres a place for Udons very own political genius to go back and join the dwindling red army n save the UK from the demon Tories .. send us a post card Statts.

Thank gord Corbyn n his crew didnt win the last election the UK would be totally fooked .. red jezza in a crisis 555 and Diane Abbot in charge of the balancing the books .. hang on would be better than reading statts daily negative drivel.

DM
In the same way as "but Hillary" somehow validates DJT's greatness for some, wittering about "but Corbyn" somehow justifies Boris Johnson's increasingly shambolic leadership of an increasingly disconnected cabinet.

Johnson makes his 'roadmap' address to the people on Sunday night.

The 'Command Document' that is the basis of his address and is shared with the Opposition suggests that these new rules are in effect from Monday.

However, the Foreign Secretary says that they are only effective from Wednesday.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 11, 2020, 10:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 11, 2020, 9:26 pm
Well tell us all then DM, WHERE IS THE PPE that they said was on its way on the Friday then delayed on Saturday then having a plane on the runway waiting on the Sunday? Lies Lies Lies Lies and all the time people were dying ...... The order wasnt even placed until the day after they said it was on its way and when it did arrive it was useless , and all because it wouldn't have looked good politically to be seen accepting help from the EU ... which were entitled to anyway
Saving peoples bloody lives should be worth far more than saving peoples political "Face" ........ should be but obviously isnt

PS If Boris gave all expats 10K he would get told exactly the same that Maggie Thatcher & co got told when she "gave" statto free Railway company shares back in the day ..... shove them where the sun dont shine ......... caused HR dept all sorts of headaches until eventually 18 months later they found a way to donate them to a charity of my choice
WOLOB .. whats happening is happening .. im sure the UK government is doing the best they can and no amount of shitslinging by politicians on the ground in Britain or by a Boris hater based in Udonthani .
Speak to my daughter regularly and shes of the opinion the Government are doing a good job in difficult unchartered waters .. dont let your Brexit loosing remainer bias shape your opinion on the PPE issue ..stick to the footy statts fair n balanced politics isnt your thing .
samster wrote:
May 11, 2020, 9:45 pm
Niggly wrote:
May 11, 2020, 9:33 pm

Absolutely correct.
agree .. but its all Boris and little Wilfreds fault cos a non UK resident , an expat living in Udon says so :lol: =; :-#

Return to “U.K.”