Labour's new leader

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Re: Labour's new leader

Post by Sateeb » April 5, 2020, 9:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 5, 2020, 2:15 pm
Should make PMQ's quite interesting though.

KS will not need time to go and fact check BOJO's lies, he will be able to question their lack of legality immediately.
More interesting than Boris and Rebecca Long Corbyn. That'd be like a Swedish couple having a domestic. (Her whiney voice.. Jeesus!)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 5, 2020, 10:09 pm

DM
[/quote]

What a load of bollards (his FB message). Can't kick Boris (he's down but not out) but quite rightfully shat on the duplicitous Gove and the hopelessly inadequate Sharma so a great effort in restating the bleeding obvious.

Then the battery starts to go flat as he cranks up an(other) overcooked Hancock bash. Suggests that Germany used up all the Covid-19 test reagent (where's Bomber Command when you really need them?), offering that the UK should follow the US's 'best practices' (that got them to the top of the Covid World Series faster than you can say shallow grave) before ridiculously claiming that the great British unwashed can be trusted to religiously adhere to the current relatively easy social distancing and soft lock-down rules just because he does (hints that it is overzealous police that's the problem, not the willfully ignorant munters).

Farage is nothing more than a half-decent political commentator and an infrequently entertaining phone-in radio show host. He's not a leader inasmuch as he's a one-man band as witnessed by the serial implosions of his political parties once he loses interest. To me, it seems that he starts to get cold feet when he realizes this isn't just about sniping from the gallery, serial sound bytes and glib and clever ripostes. It's a full-time job that requires a degree of commitment and placing oneself on a lower pedestal. It is undeniable that he is a catalyst, a propagator, an incendiary but by no stretch of the imagination is he the visionary, the leading bright lighthouse that some would have us believe.

All hat and no cattle as they say in certain parts of Texas... and Holyrood.

But I do respect your opinions.

So, getting back on topic: Yes, the UK badly needs a party that will seriously redress this enduring political imbalance but the Labour party has gone so far down Corbyn's rabbit hole, I doubt they had anyone else but Starmer to offer, did they? Their field was pretty thin on substance and included those that still carried a torch for Corbyn.

Every party has it's own voice of dissent, the internal dissident or detractor (except when Theresa May was PM and had a cabinet full of 'em) so with Starmer as the new 'heid bummer' who's going to be his in-party opponent? The thorn in his side from the Labour back-benches?
[/quote]

Oh dear, suffering in isolation are you. Labour died when they could not win against a seriously weak Tory party. To have to admit they could not fund the Students loan crap that they tried to sell to the young and then jeez we have Boris to argue against. Liberal Party has more chance.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2020, 7:08 am

That was and is my exact point .. British politics needs a strong opposition party that not only represents the whole country but hold the Tory governments feet to the fire, at the moment there isnt a functioning opposition and thats sad , Labour have all but dissapeared as a power and anew party is desperately needed ASAP .. whether Mr Farage or anyone starts and leads it is another question ..i would hope he would but i doubt he will want to get involved as his main agenda ie leaving Europe has all but been achieved (hopefully by Dec 2020).

British politics has been in a real mess for several years as highlighted by the Brexit fiasco and how parliament and remainers were able to block n change laws etc .. (Bercow should be in the klink).. Boris was able to pick up all the disenchanted Labour leave voters to smash a huge majority but IMO many would drift to a new party if n when it is formed.

Sir Kier has a real job on his hands as Corbynism has ripped the party to bits

I will miss Diane Abbopotumus and all her gaffs , Denis Skinners vocals and Emily Thornberry .. er scrub that last one shes just an arrogant lump of posh lard who really thinks shes above the peasants.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 7:33 am

Hear! Hear!

An arrogant lump of posh lard hahahahaha! I loathe the woman, typical career politician.

Let’s hope Nigel decides to form a middle ground party, I think he’s possibly the only person who commands enough support that he could. Politics and his pursuit of Brexit has cost him dearly, Momentum terrorised his kids when they went out for Sunday Lunch, his marriage went pop and he gave up a very lucrative business in the city, add to that his relentless travelling, talks, tv shows etc and it’s easy to understand why he might just sit back a while. Knowing Nigel, I doubt he’ll go back to brokerage, he’s naturally a politician and he fights for what he thinks is right, it would be very hard for him to go back to trading aluminium etc (he was never a banker), I’ve a feeling that once he’s stayed low for a while he’ll come back fighting with a manifesto that will appeal broadly without the taint of Momentum or the far right factions within Conservatism.

IF he decides to form a new party, I’m in no doubt there is a queue to support it financially and personally, Farage will amass another “people’s army” within weeks if not days.

Starmer on the other hand carries the appeal of a pile of horse manure, he’s weak enough that he will do what Momentum tell him which make Labour very similar to what they are now, call it Corbyism or whatever you will, Corbyn was just a mouthpiece for them. This will thankfully ensure the Labour Party stand no chance of being a valid opposition and they will never be such until they get rid of the influence of the Loony Left.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 11:12 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 6, 2020, 7:33 am
IF he decides to form a new party, I’m in no doubt there is a queue to support it financially and personally, Farage will amass another “people’s army” within weeks if not days.
Any third party will need deep pockets and, in a post- Covid-19 world, maybe bottomless ones? Genuine question: who were the private individuals and corporate entities that funded UKIP and Brexit? His and his party's biggest contributors historically speaking? That may give us a clue if any of them have the will (or still have the dosh) to support a serious crack at breaking the current, self-serving duopoly.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 11:19 am

tamada wrote:
April 6, 2020, 11:12 am
vincemunday wrote:
Any third party will need deep pockets and, in a post- Covid-19 world, maybe bottomless ones? Genuine question: who were the private individuals and corporate entities that funded UKIP and Brexit? His and his party's biggest contributors historically speaking? That may give us a clue if any of them have the will (or still have the dosh) to support a serious crack at breaking the current, self-serving duopoly.
Look online, the reporting of sponsors etc are very stringent but there will be two ways he would get funded, one by businessmen and other personally wealthy individuals who are keen to see change, some of whom have very, very, very deep pockets and the other would be from the people who join the new party, there will be hundreds of thousands sign up and if you charge them a few quid membership, sell ties, pins and other merchandising, they’ll soon be up and running, Farage has HUGE support, I’ve dined with some of his sponsors and they have nothing but huge admiration for him.
Last edited by vincemunday on April 6, 2020, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 11:21 am

AlexO wrote:
April 5, 2020, 10:09 pm

Oh dear, suffering in isolation are you. Labour died when they could not win against a seriously weak Tory party. To have to admit they could not fund the Students loan crap that they tried to sell to the young and then jeez we have Boris to argue against. Liberal Party has more chance.
So there's no hope for the majority of middle-of-the-road average Joe's while both main parties remain intent on racing in opposite directions while they can?

The Tories got their recent majority courtesy of a slew of disaffected Labour voters in traditionally Labour heartlands. I reckon Starmer needs to get those back onboard first. How can he best achieve that?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 11:30 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 6, 2020, 11:19 am
tamada wrote:
April 6, 2020, 11:12 am
vincemunday wrote:
Look online, the reporting of sponsors etc are very stringent but there will be two ways he would get funded, one by businessmen and other personally wealthy individuals who are keen to see change, some of whom have very, very, very deep pockets and the other would be from the people who join the new party, there will be hundreds of thousands sign up and if you charge them a few quid membership, sell ties, pins and other merchandising and they’ll soon be up and running, Farage has HUGE support, I’ve dined with some of his sponsors and they have nothing but huge admiration for him.
Yes, I know google is my friend and you have simply confirmed what we all know that it's a combination of individuals and companies. I was hoping for a quick name-drop since you move(d) in those circles.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 11:31 am

As long as Momentum run Labour it will remain a lost cause, their half witted extremely left wing ideals and ideas are not what the British public want but when you meet some of them and you see how fanatical they are you realise they honestly believe the British public are just thick and will eventually come round to seeing things their way, they see themselves as social crusaders. Starmer hasn’t the wit not drive to pull Labour back to where It needs to be before it will appeal to the British electorate, I think you can look forward to another 15 years or so of Tory governments, unless of course Mr Farage decides to step up to the plate, I rather selfishly hope he does, in reality he’s already given his pound of flesh.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2020, 11:31 am

tamada wrote:
April 6, 2020, 11:21 am
AlexO wrote:

So there's no hope for the majority of middle-of-the-road average Joe's while both main parties remain intent on racing in opposite directions while they can?

The Tories got their recent majority courtesy of a slew of disaffected Labour voters in traditionally Labour heartlands. I reckon Starmer needs to get those back onboard first. How can he best achieve that?
Hes gonna find it hard .. being a Sir , ex barrister living in North London i cant see Enid n Burt Posthlewaite from Barnsley being remotely taken in by NEW Labours policies .. whatever they may be.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 11:34 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 6, 2020, 11:31 am
tamada wrote:
April 6, 2020, 11:21 am
AlexO wrote:

Hes gonna find it hard .. being a Sir , ex barrister living in North London i cant see Enid n Burt Posthlewaite from Barnsley being remotely taken in by NEW Labours policies .. whatever they may be.
To be fair Jon, Enid and Burt are just as selfish as me and they want to see Nigel step up to the plate, he already has the hearts and minds of the working class.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2020, 11:47 am

vincemunday wrote:
As long as Momentum run Labour it will remain a lost cause, their half witted extremely left wing ideals and ideas are not what the British public want but when you meet some of them and you see how fanatical they are you realise they honestly believe the British public are just thick and will eventually come round to seeing things their way, they see themselves as social crusaders. Starmer hasn’t the wit not drive to pull Labour back to where It needs to be before it will appeal to the British electorate, I think you can look forward to another 15 years or so of Tory governments, unless of course Mr Farage decides to step up to the plate, I rather selfishly hope he does, in reality he’s already given his pound of flesh.
That's an amazing grip on power for a group that was only hatched in 2015 and who's only 'success' was getting Corbyn in the hot seat. I was thinking that for all their "grassroots engagement" and getting to know their voter, you confirm what I already thought that, like some other MP's of other parties, they aren't really listening to their voters at all, call them thick and do what they want instead. Curious that low IQ was the same, rude simplification that Remainers broadly labeled the Brexiteers with and it stuck for a while.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 11:58 am

tamada wrote:
April 6, 2020, 11:47 am
vincemunday wrote:
That's an amazing grip on power for a group that was only hatched in 2015 and who's only 'success' was getting Corbyn in the hot seat. I was thinking that for all their "grassroots engagement" and getting to know their voter, you confirm what I already thought that, like some other MP's of other parties, they aren't really listening to their voters at all, call them thick and do what they want instead. Curious that low IQ was the same, rude simplification that Remainers broadly labeled the Brexiteers with and it stuck for a while.
I was called much worse than thick by the Momentum activists, they aren't the cuddly middle class types they pretend to be, they are nasty, viscous and will not under any circumstances accept any points of view other than their own. They play the racist card at the drop of a hat as their get out clause for any disagreement "you support Farage so you must be a racist" then accuse all Thai girls of being prostitutes and ask me how much I paid for Fa which isn't considered racist at all, go figure! Without a shadow of a doubt they run the Labour Party.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 6, 2020, 12:02 pm

Here is some light reading, take particular note of the work they do to help candidates, trust me you have to be a momentum approved candidate to stand for Labour these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum_(organisation)

A press release from Momentum

Momentum - which was established after Mr Corbyn became leader in 2015 - said it "look forward to working [with Sir Keir and Ms Rayner] to elect a Labour government that will carry out the kind of transformational policies our country needs".

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 7, 2020, 6:38 am

So good I shared it twice
Attachments
1172737F-039E-4D9F-9464-17F6F397C6D1.jpeg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2020, 7:59 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 6, 2020, 12:02 pm
Here is some light reading, take particular note of the work they do to help candidates, trust me you have to be a momentum approved candidate to stand for Labour these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum_(organisation)

A press release from Momentum

Momentum - which was established after Mr Corbyn became leader in 2015 - said it "look forward to working [with Sir Keir and Ms Rayner] to elect a Labour government that will carry out the kind of transformational policies our country needs".
You cant make this sh*t up .. :?
vincemunday wrote:
April 7, 2020, 6:38 am
So good I shared it twice
=D> :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 7, 2020, 9:10 am

Some people are ignorant Jon, they spout off without knowing how things work, Momentum are the biggest single reason UK Labour are unelectable. With UKIP it was the NEC that was calling the shots, hence why Nigel left the party.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2020, 11:37 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 7, 2020, 9:10 am
Some people are ignorant Jon, they spout off without knowing how things work, Momentum are the biggest single reason UK Labour are unelectable. With UKIP it was the NEC that was calling the shots, hence why Nigel left the party.
Agreed on Momentum. With regard to funding, "Momentum has said that 95 per cent of its current funding comes from membership fees and small donations, with the average fee standing at £3 a year." With a best guess of around 40,000 members, that's only maybe £120,000 in membership fees so how "small" are these donations.

I guess it raises a question on how any new party can succeed if they need loadsamoney but the only people that appear have it in spades are the ones who maybe have already been shown the door by the mainstream parties or otherwise got the bargepole treatment?

Did any of UKIP's less salubrious sponsors move to the Brexit Party or did they just write off the money? Not having a go at your mate Nige as we all know that all parties have been caught at some time or other accepting the largesse of the sort of people that, if they walked in, would normally make you leave the pub without finishing your pint.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 7, 2020, 1:14 pm

tamada wrote:
April 7, 2020, 11:37 am
vincemunday wrote:
April 7, 2020, 9:10 am
Agreed on Momentum. With regard to funding, "Momentum has said that 95 per cent of its current funding comes from membership fees and small donations, with the average fee standing at £3 a year." With a best guess of around 40,000 members, that's only maybe £120,000 in membership fees so how "small" are these donations.

I guess it raises a question on how any new party can succeed if they need loadsamoney but the only people that appear have it in spades are the ones who maybe have already been shown the door by the mainstream parties or otherwise got the bargepole treatment?

Did any of UKIP's less salubrious sponsors move to the Brexit Party or did they just write off the money? Not having a go at your mate Nige as we all know that all parties have been caught at some time or other accepting the largesse of the sort of people that, if they walked in, would normally make you leave the pub without finishing your pint.
I dont see the problem with donations and donators to political parties .. is it supposed to keep thngs fair ?? thats a joke with all the other bollocks that goes on.

Highlighted in red ...Tam uve never left an unfinished pint in pub before hoots man remember your heritage .. its either necked or taken out the door but never left unfinished .. of course us Scunny lads always return the glass the next day :^o

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 7, 2020, 1:22 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 7, 2020, 1:14 pm
.... of course us Scunny lads always return the glass the next day :^o

DM
Hopefully not embedded in someone's neck. :shock:

Return to “U.K.”