Labour's new leader

tamada
udonmap.com

Labour's new leader

Post by tamada » April 4, 2020, 6:03 pm

Sir Keir Starmer KCB QC secured just over 56% of the vote in the first round of voting and is now the new leader of the Labour Party.

The deputy leader is Angel Rayner who secured a win with 52.6% of the vote in the third round of voting.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Labour's new leader

Post by vincemunday » April 4, 2020, 6:36 pm

What an absolute boring twunt Starmer is! I fell asleep listening to his first speech as Labour leader, well done the leftards for ensuring we have a Conservative government for at least the next 10 years. A bit sad Diane Abacus is off of the opposition front bench, I will miss the laughs
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » April 4, 2020, 8:11 pm

Sir Keir Starmer KCB QC is quite a posh name for a Labour leader what. Not a flat cap or a whippet in sight.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 4, 2020, 8:29 pm

Sateeb wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:11 pm
Sir Keir Starmer KCB QC is quite a posh name for a Labour leader what. Not a flat cap or a whippet in sight.
A Tory Labour Leader, quite funny really, theres a real need for a proper political party that really represents the UK working class
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 4, 2020, 8:30 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:29 pm
Sateeb wrote:
A Tory Labour Leader, quite funny really, theres a real need for a proper political party that really represents the UK working class
Your mate Nigel Farage is just the fella to start one ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 4, 2020, 8:33 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:30 pm
vincemunday wrote:
Sateeb wrote:
Yes I think so too

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2020, 9:39 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:33 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:30 pm
vincemunday wrote:
Sateeb wrote:
Yes I think so too
Even after the battery died on his last two vehicles?

You believe in third time lucky then?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 4, 2020, 9:47 pm

I think he’s more popular now than ever before, when I spoke to him last he wasn’t very keen to get involved in a new party but I saw an article recently that suggests perhaps he is. Personally I think he’s the most significant politician since Margaret Thatcher and for him to bow out now would be a huge loss to the UK.

The man himself, his take on things, most sensible synopsis I’ve seen so far.

https://www.facebook.com/13373766667384 ... 377097246/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 5, 2020, 7:09 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 4, 2020, 9:47 pm
I think he’s more popular now than ever before, when I spoke to him last he wasn’t very keen to get involved in a new party but I saw an article recently that suggests perhaps he is. Personally I think he’s the most significant politician since Margaret Thatcher and for him to bow out now would be a huge loss to the UK.

Just listened to Mr Farage FB speech ..hit the nail on the head again ..excellent ..if only this guy could be PM and i agree with your comments about him above...

His last few words on the new Labour leader are also spot on .. he Farage seriously needs to form aparty to take the working class vote and thus hold the Tory governments feet tot he fire on issues across the board.

DM

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 5, 2020, 7:14 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 4, 2020, 6:36 pm
What an absolute boring twunt Starmer is! I fell asleep listening to his first speech as Labour leader, well done the leftards for ensuring we have a Conservative government for at least the next 10 years. A bit sad Diane Abacus is off of the opposition front bench, I will miss the laughs
Agree with you on Starmer, fortunately he was the least worst choice of 3 bad options in the leadership stumble. As for Diane A. She never really had any of her classic car crash moments on the opp. front bench, she normally just sat there as the big fat racist blimp she really is. It was her insatiable greed for appearance money from the MSM that led her to appear on the one to one question programmes that showed her up for what she really was.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » April 5, 2020, 10:56 am

Having been elected in a democratic vote, my congratulations go to Keir Starmer. He now has to get the party and then the country behind him. It should not be too difficult to get the party's support. If Johnson and his half-witted cabinet continue to make all the mistakes they have made in the first four months of the new government we might yet see a Labour government soon. Perhaps they might not win an election outright, but could well form a coalition. With the Tory Party becoming no more than an amusing bunch of has-beens.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 5, 2020, 11:34 am

caducus wrote:
April 5, 2020, 10:56 am
Having been elected in a democratic vote, my congratulations go to Keir Starmer. He now has to get the party and then the country behind him. It should not be too difficult to get the party's support. If Johnson and his half-witted cabinet continue to make all the mistakes they have made in the first four months of the new government we might yet see a Labour government soon. Perhaps they might not win an election outright, but could well form a coalition. With the Tory Party becoming no more than an amusing bunch of has-beens.
I very much doubt it , but never say never .
Bit harsh on the present government , considering the circumstances , but everyone is entitled to their opinion , even if wrong !!!
Can you imagine Corbyn and his cronies in power having to deal with this current crisis .
Makes me go cold just thinking about it . =; =;

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2020, 12:37 pm

not 'arf, one may even have had to flog orf one or two of the ferraris dont yer know ....... that Corbyn guy would have tried to actually give our "bail out funds" to the poor and needy

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 5, 2020, 12:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 5, 2020, 7:09 am
vincemunday wrote:
April 4, 2020, 9:47 pm

Just listened to Mr Farage FB speech ..hit the nail on the head again ..excellent ..if only this guy could be PM and i agree with your comments about him above...

His last few words on the new Labour leader are also spot on .. he Farage seriously needs to form aparty to take the working class vote and thus hold the Tory governments feet tot he fire on issues across the board.

DM
What a load of bollards (his FB message). Can't kick Boris (he's down but not out) but quite rightfully shat on the duplicitous Gove and the hopelessly inadequate Sharma so a great effort in restating the bleeding obvious.

Then the battery starts to go flat as he cranks up an(other) overcooked Hancock bash. Suggests that Germany used up all the Covid-19 test reagent (where's Bomber Command when you really need them?), offering that the UK should follow the US's 'best practices' (that got them to the top of the Covid World Series faster than you can say shallow grave) before ridiculously claiming that the great British unwashed can be trusted to religiously adhere to the current relatively easy social distancing and soft lock-down rules just because he does (hints that it is overzealous police that's the problem, not the willfully ignorant munters).

Farage is nothing more than a half-decent political commentator and an infrequently entertaining phone-in radio show host. He's not a leader inasmuch as he's a one-man band as witnessed by the serial implosions of his political parties once he loses interest. To me, it seems that he starts to get cold feet when he realizes this isn't just about sniping from the gallery, serial sound bytes and glib and clever ripostes. It's a full-time job that requires a degree of commitment and placing oneself on a lower pedestal. It is undeniable that he is a catalyst, a propagator, an incendiary but by no stretch of the imagination is he the visionary, the leading bright lighthouse that some would have us believe.

All hat and no cattle as they say in certain parts of Texas... and Holyrood.

But I do respect your opinions.

So, getting back on topic: Yes, the UK badly needs a party that will seriously redress this enduring political imbalance but the Labour party has gone so far down Corbyn's rabbit hole, I doubt they had anyone else but Starmer to offer, did they? Their field was pretty thin on substance and included those that still carried a torch for Corbyn.

Every party has it's own voice of dissent, the internal dissident or detractor (except when Theresa May was PM and had a cabinet full of 'em) so with Starmer as the new 'heid bummer' who's going to be his in-party opponent? The thorn in his side from the Labour back-benches?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 5, 2020, 1:03 pm

Sateeb wrote:
A bit like our former everyman, the still untitled Tony Bliar.... patiently waiting for the gong that never will be awarded.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2020, 2:15 pm

Should make PMQ's quite interesting though.

KS will not need time to go and fact check BOJO's lies, he will be able to question their lack of legality immediately.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 5, 2020, 4:05 pm

Tam your opinion is as valid as anyone’s, it doesn’t mean that many, if any will agree with you though. He doesn’t say Germany used all the reagent, what he says is they started a month earlier and that was why are a month behind, where the absolute f*** does the bomber command bullsh*t come from? As it happens I also agree that if people would adhere to the social distancing rules (they don’t) then why should they be locked away, the fact they’re as thick as pig sh*t and walk together in crowds necessitates lockdown and over zealous police isn’t just his opinion perhaps you need to read up the polices own opinion of how some police have been behaving, I believe they use phrases like “some of our officers were a little over zealous”.

Without Farage, UKIP and later the Brexit party, Brexit would never have happened, your take on how he drops parties is a bit stupid and shows your lack of knowledge. The reason he left UKIP was because of the NEC, have a little read up, I can’t be bothered to educate you there and as for the Brexit party the giveaway is in the name, I know it’s tough but even you must realise the significance?

He may step down now, he achieved his main goal and we have left the EU, that is almost entirely why he entered politics. However, there is a real need for a genuine working class party and in the vast majority of working class people’s opinion he is the man to lead it. Unlike your summary of him, he’s witty, extremely intelligent and a great orator, perhaps the best since Churchill and although he isn’t entirely working class at least he’s worked, he’s not a career politician and he can relate to average Joe Blow, but of course I respect your opinion (not).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 5, 2020, 4:17 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 5, 2020, 4:05 pm
Tam your opinion is as valid as anyone’s, it doesn’t mean that many, if any will agree with you though. He doesn’t say Germany used all the reagent, what he says is they started a month earlier and that was why are a month behind, where the absolute f*** does the bomber command bullsh*t come from? As it happens I also agree that if people would adhere to the social distancing rules (they don’t) then why should they be locked away, the fact they’re as thick as pig sh*t and walk together in crowds necessitates lockdown and over zealous police isn’t just his opinion perhaps you need to read up the polices own opinion of how some police have been behaving, I believe they use phrases like “some of our officers were a little over zealous”.

Without Farage, UKIP and later the Brexit party, Brexit would never have happened, your take on how he drops parties is a bit stupid and shows your lack of knowledge. The reason he left UKIP was because of the NEC, have a little read up, I can’t be bothered to educate you there and as for the Brexit party the giveaway is in the name, I know it’s tough but even you must realise the significance?

He may step down now, he achieved his main goal and we have left the EU, that is almost entirely why he entered politics. However, there is a real need for a genuine working class party and in the vast majority of working class people’s opinion he is the man to lead it. Unlike your summary of him, he’s witty, extremely intelligent and a great orator, perhaps the best since Churchill and although he isn’t entirely working class at least he’s worked, he’s not a career politician and he can relate to average Joe Blow, but of course I respect your opinion (not).
Got to agree Vince .. none more so than what i highlighted in red .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Labour's new leader IS NOT NIGEL FARAGE

Post by tamada » April 5, 2020, 4:48 pm

As I said, I respect all your opinions, influenced by personal acquaintance as some may be. I just can't respect Nigel Farage (who isn't the subject matter here anyway).

I just saw Rayner on Sky. Some have commented on her being a bit more natural and less stuffy than her new boss. Certainly a a more natural, flowing acceptance speech on her sofa than the stilted, obviously edited effort from Starmer delivered from his airing cupboard. She was in Corbyn's shadow cabinet but wasn't always in agreement with him and never mentioned him whereas Starmer openly thanked him... I guess he has to go through those motions to keep Momentum onside.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 5, 2020, 5:00 pm

Anyway, out of the shower that were offered up as Labour Leader I think Starmer was probably the best option, I don't like him nor his politics but I absolutely detest the other two and thankfully he's the most likely to guarantee a conservative government for certainly the next couple of elections, I'm not a Conservative by the way but I'm even less Labour Party, despite my upbringing I have nothing in common with them, all they care about is how far up the ladder they can climb, career politicians in the main who don't give two hoots about the genuine working class, just their little middle class momentum buddies.

By the by acquaintance has absolutely nothing to do with it, I became acquainted with lots of people in politics over the years and I still think the vast majority are arseholes. Farage will go down in history as the great politician he is, his time just hasn't come yet.

Return to “U.K.”