The all new "Scottish Independence Referendum" thread

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Re: The all new "Scottish Independence Referendum" thread

Post by hairyharry » January 3, 2020, 7:55 am

What next? Suicide Sporrans? Mind you, the thought of a Glaswegian or Scunny virgin should keep us safe.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 3, 2020, 9:33 am

hairyharry wrote:
January 3, 2020, 7:55 am
What next? Suicide Sporrans? Mind you, the thought of a Glaswegian or Scunny virgin should keep us safe.
As my Da told me, "There are no virgins son. It's just some are pushed back a wee bit further than others."

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 18, 2020, 10:21 am

For anyone with a spare 45 ish mins this vid is a recent and topical view concerning life in Scotland in the midst of the current political INDREF2 ramblings .

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlvpNvSRW8

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » January 18, 2020, 10:53 am

I do not think that the recent GE voting stats would bode well for another Indy referendum.
By the SNP's own admission , not all of their supporters want a break from UK

Votes cast ( source Wikipedia )

SNP 1,242,380 45%
CON 692,939 25.1%
Lib/D 263,417 6.8%
LAB 511,838 18.6%

As is evident, I do not think ( could be wrong) that those voting for what are essentially London based partys
would vote for independence. Once again an assumption but I think Sturgeon is skating on thin ice.

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » January 18, 2020, 11:58 am

SURELY THIS IS NOT RELEVANT FOR THIS SITE😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Who gives a s**t if the kilts F off.
A bunch of moaners with a terrible accent to boot

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » January 18, 2020, 12:00 pm

ALSO is that test Nicolas Turgeon transgender?
Suppose it’s not relevant as lads & lassies both wear skirts so hard to distinguish anyway 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 18, 2020, 5:37 pm

vincemunday wrote:
December 21, 2019, 8:48 pm
I think they should be allowed to have indyref#2, there’s not much point delaying it, it’ll sort out the issue once and for all and to be honest there’s a few like me who would quite happily see them jog along and watch them fall apart.
Compensation - what would England receive? The Scottish government must be locked into a raft of agreements with the Union. England would also need to discuss compensation for lost revenue from the sale of millions of bottles of Scotch.

China is currently buying up oil and gas fields in the North Sea - how would that affect the breakaway nation? And what's the now/next plan for the Scottish economy once those resources are depleted?

There would need to be a discussion on defence and how the breakaway nation looks after itself. Or do we carve up MoD assets?

It's obvious Wee Jimmy Krankie doesn't want Nukes so we'd have to locate our nuclear deterrent submarines somewhere else. Not Liverpool as things tend to go missing there.

Scottish people would need to be treated as Europeans visiting England in a post Brexit world. Could we come to an agreement on visas?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » January 18, 2020, 6:08 pm

A referendum was held less than 5 years ago. FGS its done and dusted. Stop playing up to Sturgeons ego. The Scottish people emphatically voted NO to independence. GIVE IT A REST!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 18, 2020, 6:25 pm

Yes, of course.

I can see discussing such makes some members very anxious so please accept my apologies for the disquiet I caused.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 18, 2020, 6:26 pm

joudon wrote:
January 18, 2020, 6:08 pm
A referendum was held less than 5 years ago. FGS its done and dusted. Stop playing up to Sturgeons ego. The Scottish people emphatically voted NO to independence. GIVE IT A REST!!!!
ONCE IN A LIFETIME / GENERATION i believe was the term used Jo .. alas Ms Sturgeon has grown a whole new set of gonads after the election results n thinks its time for another once in a generation / 5 years :shock: ref2

IMO shes a horrible minger , took over from Alex Salmon whos up against serious charges in court relating to fiddling i believe.

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 18, 2020, 6:44 pm

Playing the violin in Scotland is not a crime, I understand.

I'm reluctant to discuss Indyref any further as it makes joudon anxious but what I will say is that everyone's missing the opportunities for England (after Wales is subsumed into a new English super state).

Northern Ireland? Make it independent too - it's a high maintenance colony that passed its sell by date a long time ago.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 18, 2020, 6:53 pm

theres a thought ..

Scotland ind n out
Wales out
Ireland out

how would the English manage .. surely the nation would just dissolve into the likes of .. ?? .. Ukraine as an example .

DM

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 20, 2020, 12:07 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 18, 2020, 10:21 am
For anyone with a spare 45 ish mins this vid is a recent and topical view concerning life in Scotland in the midst of the current political INDREF2 ramblings .

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlvpNvSRW8

DM
Thanks for the laughs, he is one of the best sitcom comedians around, (or was, he's like most of us, aging disgracefully.)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2020, 4:20 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 18, 2020, 6:53 pm
theres a thought ..

Scotland ind n out
Wales out
Ireland out

how would the English manage .. surely the nation would just dissolve into the likes of .. ?? .. Ukraine as an example .

DM
Yes, after losing the 'global hub of finance' status as international banks flee a post Brexit London, England falls further down the world's table of who to invite to dinner. Without the fiscal fortitude of the Scots, the fight of the Irish and the... singing of the Welsh, fair Albion becomes an even more insecure, inwardly-looking, government allowance dependent, violent but sad wee country under constant threat of invasion and occupation by the French. At this juncture, wee Nicola's jack-booted elite Republican National Guards invade England, sack London and set up their seat of occupational government in Scunthorpe. Whereupon they re-install McCall as manager at the Iron, sign a deal with Red Bull Bosnia and import a whole 1st team of unpronounceable named but fundamentally useless Slavic shin kickers and professional foulers who take the team into the Southern Counties East footie league.

...let me know when you want to wake up from this nightmare.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 21, 2020, 4:37 pm

tamada wrote:
January 21, 2020, 4:20 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
theres a thought ..

Scotland ind n out
Wales out
Ireland out

DM
Yes, after losing the 'global hub of finance' status as international banks flee a post Brexit London, England falls further down the world's table of who to invite to dinner. Without the fiscal fortitude of the Scots, the fight of the Irish and the... singing of the Welsh, fair Albion becomes an even more insecure, inwardly-looking, government allowance dependent, violent but sad wee country under constant threat of invasion and occupation by the French. At this juncture, wee Nicola's jack-booted elite Republican National Guards invade England, sack London and set up their seat of occupational government in Scunthorpe. Whereupon they re-install McCall as manager at the Iron, sign a deal with Red Bull Bosnia and import a whole 1st team of unpronounceable named but fundamentally useless Slavic shin kickers and professional foulers who take the team into the Southern Counties East footie league.

FREEEEEEEEEDOM !!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2020, 5:03 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 21, 2020, 4:37 pm
tamada wrote:
January 21, 2020, 4:20 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
theres a thought ..

Scotland ind n out
Wales out
Ireland out

DM

FREEEEEEEEEDOM !!!!
No, no... it's FREEDUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Emphasis is on the dumb.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 21, 2020, 5:05 pm

Tam ..for once you appear to be correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAhbH19TvPc

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 7, 2020, 4:03 pm

Some recent SNP news.....
Nicola Sturgeon has been left humiliated after it emerged the SNP paid for a "Scotland loves Europe" symbol to be projected on the EU headquarters building in Brussels.
Ms.Sturgeon hinted that it was done by the EU but the EU vehemently denied this saying permission to put the light on the building had not been sought.
Derek MacKay Scotlands Finance Secretary has admitted sending 270 text messages to a 16 year old boy he had befriended on Facebook and Instagram.
One of the messages he sent to the boy told him he was "really cute."
Mr MacKay had been due to present the Scottish Governments budget shortly which was one of the most important in years with Scotlands financial deficit growing to almost seven times to the relative size of the UK.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 7, 2020, 9:39 pm

errrrr EX finance secretary zid =;

Probably turn out to be a friend of .......(enter any name from dozens of Pedopolitiians or actors or singers or Woking Pizza shop visitors)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 8, 2020, 10:58 am

Zidane wrote:
February 7, 2020, 4:03 pm
Some recent SNP news.....
Nicola Sturgeon has been left humiliated after it emerged the SNP paid for a "Scotland loves Europe" symbol to be projected on the EU headquarters building in Brussels.
Ms.Sturgeon hinted that it was done by the EU but the EU vehemently denied this saying permission to put the light on the building had not been sought.
Derek MacKay Scotlands Finance Secretary has admitted sending 270 text messages to a 16 year old boy he had befriended on Facebook and Instagram.
One of the messages he sent to the boy told him he was "really cute."
Mr MacKay had been due to present the Scottish Governments budget shortly which was one of the most important in years with Scotlands financial deficit growing to almost seven times to the relative size of the UK.
Not to mention their former First Bloater Salmond is up for attempted rape as well as about a dozen other pussy grabs. Trial starts on 9th March so mark your calendars.

As Jimmy Saville used to say, "The hits just keep on coming... howzabout that there then?"

Return to “U.K.”