The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

Post by AlexO » June 7, 2020, 8:01 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:45 pm
vlad wrote:
June 6, 2020, 5:34 pm
The idiot as you call him told us the date we will leave when all said it won't happen. The idiot did what he said and we left. The leaders of Europe tried to bully us guess what GT they failed. Everyone tried to find a way to get rid of Boris they all failed. Then the Labour party bluffed him and guess what GT they were embarrassed by the idiot. We know Boris has made mistakes but that happens we accept it and carry on. Its the British way. So carry on fishing GT you might get a nibble.

another of Bojos Brexit lies coming home to roost after laws governing food standards were changed.

enjoy your chlorinated chicken and other unhealthy US imports vlad, that is of course assuming the "Irish Lobby" in US can be convinced not to block any US/UK trade deal that doesnt involve the "Good Friday agreement"
Oh and when you do get food poisoning dont expect the NHS to treat you ....... the "septics" have a far better system ... you know it makes sense :lol:
Why would we get food poisoning? just why would food standards in a nation of 350 millions be so low in a Country where people will sue at the drop of a hat put their whole food production industry in danger of being bankrupted by giving people life threatening illness's. When was the last time you swam in a pool that was not chlorinated? In the military we were provided with chlorine tablets to put in any water source we were slightly unsure of, none of us (that I know of) developed any form of poisoning from these tablets. Just beating a pathetic drum beat for the remainer halfwits.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 7, 2020, 11:41 am

GT93 wrote:
June 7, 2020, 4:37 am
Miles astray Vlad.

It's Trump and Johnson I principally "gun" for. Not the US or the UK. OK, I can't stand Moscow Mitch or Cummings either. The average child born today in the US or UK has drawn a very fortunate straw (although a straw in some of the western European countries would be better still). My posts about Obama and May are very different from my posts about Trump and Johnson.
So , you have a liking for leaders that are weak and bumbling then . Obhama Did absolutely nothing for American jobs or the economy , except sign trade deals witch sucked jobs out of the US faster that a Dyson ./
May on the other hand was just weak , and made catastrophic mistakes when it came to the British electorate , and negotiations with the E U .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2020, 1:03 pm

Get up to speed on this AlexO. Food producers are an extremely powerful lobby in the US. Consumers come a very poor second.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 7, 2020, 1:54 pm

For some reason you target us or the Yanks. Has it realy got anything to do with you considering your never likely to live here what is happening in the UK ? after all I would not criticize NZ or your prime minister as i've never been there so can't realy have a go. Trump is different he is the worlds biggest player but comes out with remarks like drink bleach for Covid or drop pills that are known to kill people That's why we have a go at him. Some members here cannot or are not willing to debate on his failings instead they get abusive and blame other past leaders instead of admitting they are wrong.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2020, 3:51 pm

"just why would food standards in a nation of 350 millions be so low"

Because they are allowed to be.

The EU standards are considerably higher because the UK forced them to be improved

They chlorinate the chicken in US because they omit to do many of the safety checks required in UK & EU

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 7, 2020, 3:58 pm

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » June 7, 2020, 4:17 pm

Brexit is DONE Act of Parliament and Royal Assent
.Stop clutching at straws.Nobody is forced to eat US chicken. All food is labelled by country of origin
Remoaners really scraping the proverbial barrel

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2020, 4:53 pm

Quite right joudon, they’ll not accept the democratically held referendum result until we are out, I’m so looking forward to the tears.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2020, 10:07 pm

Most of us are busily getting all the cleaning equipment ready for when the mucky stuff come into serious contact with the air distributing equipment 8-[

Just think how much companies could have saved if they hadnt bothered to put all the salt/sugar/msg information on their labels only to have to take it of again so as we can get a US trade deal

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2020, 10:52 pm

joudon wrote:
June 7, 2020, 4:17 pm
Brexit is DONE Act of Parliament and Royal Assent
.Stop clutching at straws.Nobody is forced to eat US chicken. All food is labelled by country of origin
Remoaners really scraping the proverbial barrel
quite right joudan "nobody is forced to eat US chicken" ......... nobody will know they are eating US chicken because part of the deal is that it cant be shown on the label anymore [-X

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2020, 11:00 pm

You're such a silly Billy, the reason all the nasty things are mentioned on the label is because of your beloved EU and actually it's one of the few things I agree with and I'm sure it will continue after we have left. Where is the proof that labelling will be amended/tampered with to sort a US/UK trade deal?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2020, 11:09 pm

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2020, 11:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 7, 2020, 11:09 pm
https://tyt.com/watch/the-damage-report ... 3kwgZeZKQv

This is what's on the way =;
Oh ffs, I said proof not some ***** making crap up, where’s the documented evidence?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 8, 2020, 2:52 am

Stattointhailand, admit it your more likely to be poisoned in the US then us in the UK. We have the strictest food hygiene regulations around

Not only are all meats and poultry labelled as to where they were slaughtered, in most cases even the address of the farm is displayed. I don't think the US will come close to that .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 8, 2020, 6:59 am

We all forget , who wants what and when, we need a deal with the USA , and as many have said we do not have to eat their bloody chickens, if it is labelled as country of origin even an idiot can ignore all those from the USA, eventually shops will have so many they will be sent to Pet Food companies to get rid of them and the orders will dry up. Let market forces dictate, as for Brexit, we still have the option for NO DEAL, not a good scenario, but remember the countries in the EU need a deal more than we need them. only 27 out of 170 odd countries are in the EU , do the maths, maybe richer countries but cobbled together in a seemingly more autocratic organisation , who tries to speak as one mind but fails .
So the whinging by some is pointless, we will be out with or without a deal one way or the other , as I live over here, not really bothered one way or the other, but the petty arguments do make me smile as if anyone here could possibly affect the outcome and only shows up shortcomings in some.

As for food standards, not seen many Americans go the Doctor regarding bad food as opposed to here in the LOS , so I am more concerned over Food Safety here than in the US , which COULD affect me should I return to the UK even for a visit.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 8, 2020, 9:34 am

Heard so many proud Brits brag about their taps provide drinking water back home, best someone tells them that it's chlorinated!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2020, 10:43 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 8, 2020, 9:34 am
Heard so many proud Brits brag about their taps provide drinking water back home, best someone tells them that it's chlorinated!
The History of Chlorination

"Chlorine was first discovered in Sweden in 1744. At that time, people believed that odours from the water were responsible for transmitting diseases. In 1835, chlorine was used to remove odours from the water, but it wasn't until 1890 that chlorine was found to be an effective tool for disinfecting; a way to reduce the amount of disease transmitted through water. With this new find, chlorination began in Great Britain and then expanded to the United States in 1908 and Canada by 1917. Today, chlorination is the most popular method of disinfection and is used for water treatment all over the world."

https://www.safewater.org/fact-sheets-1 ... lorination

My understanding is that it's not so much the chlorinated chicken being overtly unsafe or tasting like a swimming pool. It's about the US meat processing industry's use of it as a one-size-fits-all solution to hygiene in meat processing that's cheap but not very effective. Like a free computer AV program versus a subscription AV program.

Chlorination of water is effective at killing the microorganisms that are commonly found in water whereas the chlorine used in meat processing chicken can mask the easy detection of different sorts of organisms. It's a cheap fix that enables the US to offer a cheaper product. This I believe is the main issue.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 8, 2020, 11:21 am

Off-topic posts removed. If anyone is interested in a discussion about grammar, feel free to start such a thread. But that's not what this thread is about.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 8, 2020, 11:58 am

Chlorine is chlorine , it matters not what you use it for, the end result is exactly the same it kills bacteria, it even allows the UK to take water from raw sewage and put it back into the potable system, how is that less offensive than washing food in it? Something else to consider is that the EU (and thus the UK too) already permits the washing of fruit and vegetables in chlorine, how is this different to washing meat?
Attachments
20200608_115425.jpg

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 8, 2020, 12:16 pm

I did a job as Consultant for the handover of a Italian Frozen Seafood factory in Bowin near Pattaya.

All the seafood was washed in water containing 5ppm Chlorine.

It was then frozen and sent for export.
Most of it was exported to the EU.

Return to “U.K.”