The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

joudon
udonmap.com

Re: The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

Post by joudon » June 8, 2020, 2:05 pm

Interesting post.
Be careful as going against the prevailing views or exposing unwanted true facts could make you a target.5555

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2020, 2:38 pm

What the hell has washing a few apples etc got to do with anything?
nobody is saying chlorine is not allowed to be used

The difference is that in US they chlorinate the chicken Instead of doing all the safety and hygiene tests that are required virtually everywhere else in the world

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » June 8, 2020, 3:02 pm

Just admit you have lost the argument. Regardless of US chlorinated chicken Brexit is a done deal. Up to the EU to pick up the pieces that they caused.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 8, 2020, 5:43 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2020, 2:38 pm

The difference is that in US they chlorinate the chicken Instead of doing all the safety and hygiene tests that are required virtually everywhere else in the world
Explain by example please. Please tell us how the USA is the most unhygienic nation in the World and puts its 350 million citizens at daily risk of death because of food standards less than a Rumanian farmers.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 8, 2020, 7:27 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2020, 2:38 pm

The EU says there is no problem per say re chlorinated chicken, what's the difference if you slit a chickens throat, causing it huge distress and pain while some scum bag prays over it or chopping it's head off mechanically killing it quickly and then chlorinate the carcass? It's dead isn't it? Personally I prefer the less hygienic non halal version.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 8, 2020, 7:29 pm

The EU's take on things, some might think they're using animal welfare as a way of protecting their market!

https://fullfact.org/europe/does-eu-say ... -chlorine/
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 9, 2020, 9:32 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 8, 2020, 10:59 pm
vincemunday wrote:
June 8, 2020, 8:32 pm
Seriously Prat, you put far too much importance on what people think about you or your docile opinions. Shush now...
I appreciate you thinking about my opinions, *vince - you seem to think they are important. ;)

* is your forum name vincemunday, or Vincemunday?

Anyway, looks like Brexit will probably happen, which should keep you happy. And as for chlorinated chicken - as Doodoo says, there are 2 sides to every story.
P 1: Not as important as you feel they are ;)
P2: No comment
P3:Glad you agree about 2 sides to every story gonna make a great change :^o

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 9, 2020, 12:58 pm

Anyway, looks like Brexit will probably happen, which should keep you happy. And as for chlorinated chicken - as Doodoo says, there are 2 sides to every story.

This is why people who are getting on in years should not live alone.

I used to drink and drive but don't do it now so I am a Saint.

I am so old that I have missed that Brexit has already happened, only the trade deal outstanding.

Chlorinated chicken is only for the filthy Americans who insist everything is clean, as against us EU wannabe's who think that washing in recycled water is enough to kill surface pathogens and then sell to the public.

Lighten up, FFS you cannot have many more years to go. Why be a grumpy old git in your final years.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 11, 2020, 3:57 am

vlad wrote:
June 7, 2020, 1:54 pm
For some reason you target us or the Yanks. Has it realy got anything to do with you considering your never likely to live here what is happening in the UK ? after all I would not criticize NZ or your prime minister as i've never been there so can't realy have a go. Trump is different he is the worlds biggest player but comes out with remarks like drink bleach for Covid or drop pills that are known to kill people That's why we have a go at him. Some members here cannot or are not willing to debate on his failings instead they get abusive and blame other past leaders instead of admitting they are wrong.
Please don't overlook Johnson said he shook hands with Covid 19 patients. Even Trump isn't that stupid. Johnson is fair game. He's a politician and an internationally significant one partly due to Brexit. My focus is principally Johnson and Trump. I'm not going after the UK or US. If I was, my posts would be very different.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 11, 2020, 6:55 am

In my formative youth I was learning to be a butcher, carrying on my grandfathers legacy, attended a course at the Institute of Meat, in London where discussion and general rules for cleanliness of meat etc was mentioned.
1 All meat is cooked , if cooked well then 99% 0f bugs die.
2, Apart from Beef which some like Rare to well done, all meat should be cooked all the way through . Thpose who like Rare beef it was suggested that Scottish Beef was the best. None of the current offerings including Wagyu were available 50 odd years ago .

Therefore in light of the above points, how the chicken in this case is killed, cleaned etec, is rather pointless as if cooked properly it will not do anyone harm 99% of the time.

But here in this often hot and humid country, keeping meat chilled to frozen is the best option , defrosting it in the Refrigerator and then cooking it properly is the best option.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2020, 7:19 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 11, 2020, 6:55 am
In my formative youth I was learning to be a butcher, carrying on my grandfathers legacy, attended a course at the Institute of Meat, in London where discussion and general rules for cleanliness of meat etc was mentioned.
1 All meat is cooked , if cooked well then 99% 0f bugs die.
2, Apart from Beef which some like Rare to well done, all meat should be cooked all the way through . Thpose who like Rare beef it was suggested that Scottish Beef was the best. None of the current offerings including Wagyu were available 50 odd years ago .

Therefore in light of the above points, how the chicken in this case is killed, cleaned etec, is rather pointless as if cooked properly it will not do anyone harm 99% of the time.

But here in this often hot and humid country, keeping meat chilled to frozen is the best option , defrosting it in the Refrigerator and then cooking it properly is the best option.

Your last two sentences are totally correct, well done that man. Why then in previous posts did you think mentioning chlorinated chicken from America was a worthy cause. The two main points the Remainers pushed before the 2016 referendum was chicken and mobile phone roaming charges. Shallow, pathetic excuses to remain in the Dictatorship. Thankfully they have been defeated.
Incidently I would say 99.999% of all bugs rather than 99% otherwise there could be an awful lot of sick people, one in every hundred?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: The all-new "Getting a No-Deal BREXIT Done" thread.

Post by tamada » June 12, 2020, 10:00 pm

Looks like Johnson is hell-bent on a no-deal Brexit which wasn't what was being offered way, way back before his obsession with being PM got the better of him.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/uk-news/d ... an-2882197

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 12, 2020, 10:16 pm

The gangsters heading Euro wanted a Transition period but we have told them today there will be no extention in Dec 31 2020. No means no we are not prepared to extend any more.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 13, 2020, 3:35 am

Gangsters? I would have written the Europeans. Britons share a lot of values with Europeans and some of the European countries are among the finest countries in the world. Granted, the EU is a very difficult trade negotiator.

The Covid 19 economic crisis dials up the risks of awful outcomes from a looming hard Brexit. That's the new reality.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 13, 2020, 6:43 am

GT93 wrote:
June 13, 2020, 3:35 am
Gangsters? I would have written the Europeans. Britons share a lot of values with Europeans and some of the European countries are among the finest countries in the world. Granted, the EU is a very difficult trade negotiator.

The Covid 19 economic crisis dials up the risks of awful outcomes from a looming hard Brexit. That's the new reality.
Which the UK will handle, as we have every other crisis that has occurred. Just sit on your wee rock way down there and quietly watch how a real Nation deals with things. Who knows we might even buy some things from NZ now that we are not forced to buy French lamb.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » July 29, 2020, 1:39 pm

UK ‘like an emerging market’, warns veteran fund manager:

https://www.ft.com/content/ede38978-505 ... 9ef1626294

Pound is becoming an emerging market currency, says Bank of America analyst:

https://www.ft.com/content/4fd04fd9-720 ... 466f226159

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 29, 2020, 3:55 pm

the £ lost half it's value 20 yrs ago when the lions
share of gold reserves were sold off by dumb brit leaders listening to
you clueless brits wail about it like harry potter and his magic wand was responsible

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 29, 2020, 6:28 pm

mech_401 wrote:
July 29, 2020, 3:55 pm
you clueless brits wail about it like harry potter and his magic wand was responsible
Mech, bugger off you really are clueless about the British

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 29, 2020, 9:54 pm

there it is in black & white for you kp . a 20 year chart gbp vs thb . can't make it any clearer for you

why don't you analyze data. google it yourself
IMG_20200729_215246-648x486.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 29, 2020, 11:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 29, 2020, 6:28 pm
mech_401 wrote:
July 29, 2020, 3:55 pm
Mech, bugger off you really are clueless about the British
No. I remember "Brown's Bottom" well.

The sale of UK gold reserves was a policy pursued by HM Treasury over the period between 1999 and 2002, when gold prices were at their lowest in 20 years, following an extended bear market. The period itself has been dubbed by some commentators as the Brown Bottom or Brown's Bottom.

The period takes its name from Gordon Brown, the then UK Chancellor of the Exchequer (who later became Prime Minister), who decided to sell approximately half of the UK's gold reserves in a series of auctions. At the time, the UK's gold reserves were worth about US$6.5 billion, accounting for about half of the UK's US$13 billion foreign currency net reserves. It is estimated that the decision cost British taxpayers £7 billion.

Return to “U.K.”