The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

Post by GT93 » July 30, 2020, 7:24 am

:lol: Brown's bottom.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 30, 2020, 9:05 am

mech_401 wrote:
July 29, 2020, 9:54 pm
there it is in black & white for you kp . a 20 year chart gbp vs thb . can't make it any clearer for you

why don't you analyze data. google it yourself

IMG_20200729_215246-648x486.jpg
Did you draw that in Kindergarten , pound loss of value was a little bit to do with lessening of Gold reserves, more to do with many other factors including more and more currency manipulators etc Bear or Bull markets people making a quick buck here and there, in relation to Thailand more to do with the strength of the Thai Baht, which everyone is still saying too high, however they ( The Thai ) may have to dip into Foreign reserves to maintain economic stability over the next few months. So some evening out of the true market may happen .

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 30, 2020, 3:52 pm

it is estimated that brown's decision cost
the U.K. taxpayer £ 7 billion sterling
not even close . on the sale of 400 tons at 275$/ounce vs. 1,960$/ounce now he lost £ 20 billion. then , you have to calculate all the £ in
circulation, £ 70 billion , lost half it's value as it
settled to find equilibrium again over last 20 yrs

or, we can call it hogwarts magic/ thb forex

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 30, 2020, 5:36 pm

tamada wrote:
July 29, 2020, 11:12 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
July 29, 2020, 6:28 pm
mech_401 wrote:
July 29, 2020, 3:55 pm
the £ lost half it's value 20 yrs ago when the lions
share of gold reserves were sold off by dumb brit leaders listening to
you clueless brits wail about it like harry potter and his magic wand was responsible
Mech, bugger off you really are clueless about the British
No. I remember "Brown's Bottom" well.

The sale of UK gold reserves was a policy pursued by HM Treasury over the period between 1999 and 2002, when gold prices were at their lowest in 20 years, following an extended bear market. The period itself has been dubbed by some commentators as the Brown Bottom or Brown's Bottom.

The period takes its name from Gordon Brown, the then UK Chancellor of the Exchequer (who later became Prime Minister), who decided to sell approximately half of the UK's gold reserves in a series of auctions. At the time, the UK's gold reserves were worth about US$6.5 billion, accounting for about half of the UK's US$13 billion foreign currency net reserves. It is estimated that the decision cost British taxpayers £7 billion.

Not only did Gordon Brown sell off half our gold reserves he also gave us trading companies a weeks notice that he was going to do it bless him, it was pretty awful for those houses who were long in gold, they lost fortunes and before mech pipes up with his crass stupidity that included U.S. trading houses that were long of Comex Gold.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 30, 2020, 8:58 pm

mech_401 wrote:
July 30, 2020, 3:52 pm
it is estimated that brown's decision cost
the U.K. taxpayer £ 7 billion sterling
not even close . on the sale of 400 tons at 275$/ounce vs. 1,960$/ounce now he lost £ 20 billion. then , you have to calculate all the £ in
circulation, £ 70 billion , lost half it's value as it
settled to find equilibrium again over last 20 yrs

or, we can call it hogwarts magic/ thb forex
Or we could use your time machine and go back to 1970 when it was only 35 dollars an oz, or we could go forward in time until the calculation says he lost trillions .brilliant idea. Now if only we had time machines :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 31, 2020, 2:34 am

Perhaps mech could whip forward a decade and tell us how Brexit worked out. While you're there laddy, perhaps you could tell us how Everton went in the 2020s. There's huge interest in Everton on this forum.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2020, 1:07 pm

Looks like Boris is about to 'break the law' to get Brexit done. Anyone up to challenge this? Maybe it is time for Gina Miller to get stuck in and hold this mop-headed blackguard's feet to the bloody fire (again).

https://www.independent.co.uk/independe ... 21061.html

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 30, 2022, 4:41 pm

OK... looks like Johnson's suspension of Parliament way back in the heady daze of his oven ready Brexit was illegal.

ILLEGAL

So it shouldn't be a huge surprise that his administration would flout their own laws.

But I digress. When asked about any of the benefits of Brexit delivered, the UM Tory fan club counters by stating that the Remainers worst predictions didn't happen. I wondered why they couldn't answer a simple question so went looking for the list of Brexit delivered items myself.

Quite difficult to find anything with a fully checked box so I can understand their reticence. However, I did find an interesting article that, although originally penned last summer, has been updated with the very few items delivered and the never-ending list of things still pending.

It's a lengthy read but does fill in the gaps in the tortured chronology of Brexit as well as reminding us of things that seem to have gone on a back burner, unresolved.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/23/bre ... mooth-exit
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 30, 2022, 6:43 pm

Alert ..... Alert ....... burr burr ding ding hello hello thank you ........

A Brexit benefit has been found =D> =D>

Credit where it's due, it might not be a BIG benefit, but technically it is a benefit

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 30, 2022, 9:27 pm

tamada wrote:
January 30, 2022, 4:41 pm
OK... looks like Johnson's suspension of Parliament way back in the heady daze of his oven ready Brexit was illegal.

ILLEGAL

So it shouldn't be a huge surprise that his administration would flout their own laws.

But I digress. When asked about any of the benefits of Brexit delivered, the UM Tory fan club counters by stating that the Remainers worst predictions didn't happen. I wondered why they couldn't answer a simple question so went looking for the list of Brexit delivered items myself.

Quite difficult to find anything with a fully checked box so I can understand their reticence. However, I did find an interesting article that, although originally penned last summer, has been updated with the very few items delivered and the never-ending list of things still pending.

It's a lengthy read but does fill in the gaps in the tortured chronology of Brexit as well as reminding us of things that seem to have gone on a back burner, unresolved.

Usual from you Tam.
Read the posts, 5th largest economy in the world, economy expanding, no more subsidising other EU nations who are only there as military buffer zones for Germany and France against Russia. Germanies pathetic offer of 5000 military helmets and military aid to Lithuania not being allowed to fly over German airspace should be enough to wake you up from your EU dream. Just imagine if it was the EU army, full of German and French manufactured equipment but no soldiers to man them outwith EU borders. The only place the EU dictators have any say is in the EU and quite a few EU member Nations are starting to tell them where to go.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 31, 2022, 8:36 am

AlexO wrote:
January 30, 2022, 9:27 pm
tamada wrote:
January 30, 2022, 4:41 pm

ILLEGAL

Usual from you Tam.
Read the posts, 5th largest economy in the world, economy expanding, no more subsidising other EU nations who are only there as military buffer zones for Germany and France against Russia. Germanies pathetic offer of 5000 military helmets and military aid to Lithuania not being allowed to fly over German airspace should be enough to wake you up from your EU dream. Just imagine if it was the EU army, full of German and French manufactured equipment but no soldiers to man them outwith EU borders. The only place the EU dictators have any say is in the EU and quite a few EU member Nations are starting to tell them where to go.
I relish these early morning obfuscation sessions. When faced with a simple, "Give me one example of a Brexit benefit delivered 100%" we get a misinformed flag wave and some totally irrelevant wiff-waff inspired by Russia's most recent predations. Much to Macron's chagrin, the EU doesn't have an army and probably never will either. In the meantime, 5th largest?...
Screenshot_20220131-080736~2.png
Who's fifth?
Yes I know there are lies, damn lies and statistics and there are graphs and tables that show the UK anywhere between 5th and 9th depending on the metrics. In the meantime, here's a distinctly non-Guardian viewpoint to be going on with.

UK growth has lagged behind the US and the eurozone. Gross domestic product in the UK was 3.9 per cent higher in the third quarter of 2021 than in the second quarter of 2016. Over the same period, however, the eurozone produced 6.2 per cent growth and the US 10.6 per cent.

https://www.ft.com/content/c6ee4ce2-95b ... 0566529b5e

Nobody else is planning quitting the EU. That canard was probably invented by some useful cabinet office flunky who perceived the UK leading an exodus of biblical proportions as a sop to those less ardent or who didn't do their own research before voting to pull the pin. "To boldly go..." and all that twaddle.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 31, 2022, 10:08 am

Tam
Only quoted 5th as that is what the Pratt put up as a link. Pre 2016 and pre actual Brexit the UK was normally quoted as being between the 5th and 8th biggest economies in the world. Quite encouraging to see that despite all the claims of disaster about to befall the UK we are still up there amongst the highest and can still attend the G7 talks.
Bit disingenuous to be quoting growth patterns during a world Pandemic but I suppose any straw will do.
Just watch the former Soviet Union nations over the next few years. The had fought really hard to free themselves from a dictatorship and are now realising the did so just to join another one just with a different flag.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 31, 2022, 11:25 am

Although the EU horse has bolted for the UK (the door remains open), the following quiz is for those who are still in the the club. I came across it while searching for evidence of these "quite a few" member nations that want to leave.

Question #7 is a doozy.

https://www.perceiveproject.eu/quiz/how-are-eu/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “U.K.”