The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The all-new "Getting BREXIT Done" thread.

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 16, 2020, 11:03 am

Give peace a chance ..

GIVE BOJO A CHANCE ... hes the man to make Britain great again rather than hand our sovereignty to the EU criminals.

Looking back over decades of Brit PMS .. the ones that really got my gander wer

Blair , Major , Brown .. but had the daunting task task of following the late great Maggie Thatcher who IMO was by far the countries best PM.

I hope Bojo proves all the naysayers wrong and rips the EU a new one ..then other Eu members will follow n destroy what was the common market being morphed into a Euro super stae with an army n crazy laws .. that was never the plan initial members signed up for.

RULE BRITAINIA ..

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2020, 7:08 am

Blair post-politics looks a very dodgy character. I'm surprised anyone still bothers opening their door to him.

You British lads chat about Trump. Non-Brits will want to chat about your circus. We've had numerous posts talking Johnson up; those with different opinions will want to express them too.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 17, 2020, 7:49 am

Well I'll be the first to admit that I am not very familiar with the politics in the UK, it gets a little play time on Yahoo and Google over here, but not much. I'm not real familiar with Boris Johnson but I have to give him kudos, he's probably the first world leader to stand up against Trump, over the issue with Huawei. Not considering myself a "traitor", I just don't believe any country should be bullied buy another country. I don't think one country should be able to dictate to another country what they can or cannot do, right or wrong.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 1, 2020, 12:33 am

Whatever happened to "We hold all the cards", even the usually gung-ho Express seems to be a bit worried now:

Brexit warning: UK desperately needs trade deal more than EU:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... nier-frost

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 1, 2020, 4:54 am

Reality is at last knocking on the door. About time.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 1, 2020, 6:10 am

A professor from Birmingham University says... that just about sums this article up, poorly written opinion of a reporter that has no real substance. There is no doubt a deal with the EU is the best outcome, but it's what kind of deal that's important, if Johnson signs away our fishing rights and agrees to the red lines the EU are ordering him to he will be committing political suicide. This is a more realistic report of what's actually going on.

Just as an aside - trade will not stop between the EU and the UK no matter what, both are huge exporters to the other and will continue to be.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... avid-frost
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 2, 2020, 1:42 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 1, 2020, 6:10 am
A professor from Birmingham University says... that just about sums this article up, poorly written opinion of a reporter that has no real substance. There is no doubt a deal with the EU is the best outcome, but it's what kind of deal that's important, if Johnson signs away our fishing rights and agrees to the red lines the EU are ordering him to he will be committing political suicide. This is a more realistic report of what's actually going on.

Just as an aside - trade will not stop between the EU and the UK no matter what, both are huge exporters to the other and will continue to be.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... avid-frost
Nice try at shooting the messenger.

As for Johnson committing political suicide I doubt whether that would bother either the EU or many people in the UK.

This analysis from Baker MacKenzie of the realities of trade in the event of no deal being reached is worth a read.
https://www.bakermckenzie.com/-/media/f ... eflows.pdf

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2020, 8:03 am

Just imagine In the 1930's Adolf turned round to the UK and said, I want free access to your borders, I want our laws to rule your nation, I want to be able to dictate most of the way you live, I want to be able to tell you how much you have to pay for me to be able to dictate to you how your nation lives their lives. You have to accept that you are no longer an individual, just a number in the great German led European Super state. Would have saved millions of lives if we had accepted that then.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 6, 2020, 1:05 am

Government Wriggles Out of Pledge to Protect U.K. Food Standards in U.S. Trade Deals
https://london.eater.com/2020/6/5/21281 ... mp-johnson

Conservative Party 2019 manifesto regarding food standards in trade negotiations...
Food standards trade negotiations.png

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2020, 7:28 am

It would be a big mistake to get into bed with the US. The American political system principally serves the big boys' political interests. The Johnson government's world class mismanagement of the Covid 19 crisis doesn't inspire any great confidence in Johnson managing Brexit and a new approach to international trade well.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 6, 2020, 12:25 pm

Considering your a kiwi GT90 you seam yo relish on posting threads uk based. Have you Actually visited us in the last year and noticed first hand what we are doing to fight this Pandemic ? or have you just took your information and Sources from the media ?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 6, 2020, 12:39 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:28 am
It would be a big mistake to get into bed with the US. The American political system principally serves the big boys' political interests. The Johnson government's world class mismanagement of the Covid 19 crisis doesn't inspire any great confidence in Johnson managing Brexit and a new approach to international trade well.
Good job your not British then , so you wont have to worry yourself sick over the alleged mismanagement over everything . You must be beside yourself now the death toll has gone past 40,000 . Still well below your guestimate of between 100,000 and 200,000 of not so long ago . =; =;

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2020, 1:39 pm

93 Vlad. 93 please. 8) Sourced from the media too. Parts of the British media are world class.

Your Prime Minister, who must be one of the biggest idiots in the UK, bragged about shaking hands with Covid 19 patients. The UK Tories haven't since said he was lying despite his career being built on lie after lie. When you have a boss like this, disaster is likely to be around many pending corners.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 6, 2020, 3:53 pm

Everyone said Brexit would not happen and we would never leave guess what GT, Boris did. The French fisheries ministers said we want another year of allowing french Trawlers to fish our waters, GT Boris told them to forget it you can have 2-3 Monthe's. Believe it not Boris has a pair and will use them yes he will make mistakes but we are behind him and trust his leadership so you can carry on flogging your horse and bad mouthing us you don't live here so I suggest you look concentrate on NZ there no fish here for you.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 6, 2020, 5:34 pm

The idiot as you call him told us the date we will leave when all said it won't happen. The idiot did what he said and we left. The leaders of Europe tried to bully us guess what GT they failed. Everyone tried to find a way to get rid of Boris they all failed. Then the Labour party bluffed him and guess what GT they were embarrassed by the idiot. We know Boris has made mistakes but that happens we accept it and carry on. Its the British way. So carry on fishing GT you might get a nibble.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 6, 2020, 6:45 pm

vlad wrote:
June 6, 2020, 5:34 pm
The idiot as you call him told us the date we will leave when all said it won't happen. The idiot did what he said and we left. The leaders of Europe tried to bully us guess what GT they failed. Everyone tried to find a way to get rid of Boris they all failed. Then the Labour party bluffed him and guess what GT they were embarrassed by the idiot. We know Boris has made mistakes but that happens we accept it and carry on. Its the British way. So carry on fishing GT you might get a nibble.

another of Bojos Brexit lies coming home to roost after laws governing food standards were changed.

enjoy your chlorinated chicken and other unhealthy US imports vlad, that is of course assuming the "Irish Lobby" in US can be convinced not to block any US/UK trade deal that doesnt involve the "Good Friday agreement"
Oh and when you do get food poisoning dont expect the NHS to treat you ....... the "septics" have a far better system ... you know it makes sense :lol:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 6, 2020, 7:24 pm

saint wrote:
June 6, 2020, 12:39 pm
Good job your not British then , so you wont have to worry yourself sick over the alleged mismanagement over everything . You must be beside yourself now the death toll has gone past 40,000 . Still well below your guestimate of between 100,000 and 200,000 of not so long ago . =; =;
I'm afraid GT sees the pandemic as a point scoring exercise, even better if he can get one over us Brits. Once you understand he harbours a dislike of the British (more so the English) then you can understand why he posts as he does.

He does the same when it comes to Americans too.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 6, 2020, 8:15 pm

Yes have to agree with you Ernest GT doesn't have a good word for any Nationality or there leaders. As for Statts well we were doing ok without Chlorinated Chicken and we will still export fruit n Veg as normal from Europe and other country's we cannot grow fruit from, might cost a little more due to the Euro bullies but we won't paying anymore tea money to The Euro blackmailers.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 7, 2020, 4:11 am

You nailed it this time Vlad. Excellent posts.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2020, 4:37 am

Miles astray Vlad.

It's Trump and Johnson I principally "gun" for. Not the US or the UK. OK, I can't stand Moscow Mitch or Cummings either. The average child born today in the US or UK has drawn a very fortunate straw (although a straw in some of the western European countries would be better still). My posts about Obama and May are very different from my posts about Trump and Johnson.

Return to “U.K.”