EU in or out? Brexit: The Movie

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 24, 2016, 9:34 pm

Freedom of movement around around the EU has got us in the state we are now The Germans were told what would happen if they welcomed unlimited immigrants now there reaping the whirlwind. It was getting to a point we were a minority in our own Country due to so many immigrants flooding in and not knowing how many are here and how many Islamic militants sneaked across Europe pretending to be migrants.Wales voted to remain as for the rest of Gt Britain there decistion but sit back and watch how many other countrys in the EU express there desire to leave. We were told by bureaucrats who had never been to England we had to bail out Greece financially.

can123
udonmap.com

Post by can123 » June 24, 2016, 9:58 pm

Wales voted to leave !

mancman
udonmap.com

Post by mancman » June 24, 2016, 10:00 pm

Aardvark wrote:Talk that UK will now have to go back to Trading with their old Commonwealth Partners. NZ, Australia, Canada and India. May work out good for all of us in the long term ....
hi Aardy You know I have said it for years, England had a great trading agreement, UK, AUS NZ and Canada it was great in those days before EU disallowed it, catch you in September

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 24, 2016, 10:04 pm

The impact on the UK as an entity is only a start. Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU, their economy is now dependent on the EU, and could be devastated. All the expats living in Europe now have uncertain futures. Many of those who work in the EU will find their jobs will disappear. Retirees abroad everywhere now have about 5% less to live on. The reciprocal health care arrangements in the EU will possibly come to an end.

Has the EU been mortally wounded? Possibly. And if the EU is to survive, it cannot afford to be lenient on the UK, or more countries may decide to leave. Any 'Deal' will have a cost.

Some multi-national companies with bases in the UK may decide to move to Europe, if their business is primarily there. Until the terms of leaving are agreed, inward investment will falter. A recession is likely. The EU. of course, will also suffer.

So, the commonwealth will beat a path to our door to do trade deals. 30 years ago, possibly. Now I'm afraid that is delusional. The Empire was buried 50 years ago. After 2020, their MIGHT be some recovery, but given the Idiots who will be in charge, I doubt it.

So what are the benefits of leaving? We get to rewrite a few laws, possibly creating ones just as bad,keep some 'culture' and get to deport a few nasty people. But we destroy the UK physically and economically. A somewhat Pyrrhic victory.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 24, 2016, 10:31 pm

Congratulations to the Brits for taking their country back. I don't know why any Brit would want to keep their boat tied to the EU sinking ship. They EU is doomed whether or not the UK left. Freedom isn't free but it is certainly worth the temporary cost.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 24, 2016, 11:38 pm

Sweden are not in the EU but they don't seem to be doing too bad do they. Neither is luxembourg. The IN campaign even went so far as to say leaving could harm the UK if we want to host any European football tournaments. That's how desperate they became in the end. The rich in London voted to stay in, the poor in the North which this Government have decimated with welfare cuts voted out. Thus proving there is a large amount of poverty caused by this government, who have cost Cameron and probably Corbyn there jobs.

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Post by MrFixer » June 25, 2016, 1:01 am

Too many idiots think they can turn the clock back to 1950. There's going to be a lot of folks who voted Leave going to disappointed over the next few years. Excellent article in the Telegraph..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... r-all-hel/

can123
udonmap.com

Post by can123 » June 25, 2016, 1:50 am

By calling people "idiots" you are guaranteeing that your views will be ignored.

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » June 25, 2016, 2:55 am

IMO The blame for the Brexit vote lies with Merkel and her EU cronies. They refused to take Cameron's "demands" for change seriously, most importantly saying "No negotiation on free movement". She (They) thought they could dictate to the UK, that there was no possibility of anyone actually saying "Ok then - I'm off, Bye !".
After all, there are so many Countries clambering to join the EU, Why would anyone actually leave ? WRONG ! Bad under estimation of the British public.

Never mind what will happen to UK, they will (have to) sort it out, the bigger question is "Who will make up the Financial shortfall when the UK's very sizable contributions dry up ?" Not any of the countries lining up to join, they're all very poor countries and will be nett "Takers", don't even think of asking Greece/Spain/Italy/Portugal etc: Ask France at your peril - their workers will not stand for higher taxes to pump into the EU. If it drops on Germany alone it could cause a political crisis there.

Interesting times ahead, possible collapse of EU ? I don't think that's imminent, status quo impossible, so realistically there will be some serious negotiations going on in the next 2 years. I personally think we will see the EU as we know it change radically, even to a new European (non political) Trading Block emerging, a bit like the old Common Market before greedy politicians decided to make themselves an unelected retirement position, milking the commoners for even more money.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » June 25, 2016, 3:14 am

mally wrote:IMO The blame for the Brexit vote lies with Merkel and her EU cronies. They refused to take Cameron's "demands" for change seriously, most importantly saying "No negotiation on free movement". She (They) thought they could dictate to the UK, that there was no possibility of anyone actually saying "Ok then - I'm off, Bye !".
After all, there are so many Countries clambering to join the EU, Why would anyone actually leave ? WRONG ! Bad under estimation of the British public.

Never mind what will happen to UK, they will (have to) sort it out, the bigger question is "Who will make up the Financial shortfall when the UK's very sizable contributions dry up ?" Not any of the countries lining up to join, they're all very poor countries and will be nett "Takers", don't even think of asking Greece/Spain/Italy/Portugal etc: Ask France at your peril - their workers will not stand for higher taxes to pump into the EU. If it drops on Germany alone it could cause a political crisis there.

Interesting times ahead, possible collapse of EU ? I don't think that's imminent, status quo impossible, so realistically there will be some serious negotiations going on in the next 2 years. I personally think we will see the EU as we know it change radically, even to a new European (non political) Trading Block emerging, a bit like the old Common Market before greedy politicians decided to make themselves an unelected retirement position, milking the commoners for even more money.
Good words, well put =D>
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 25, 2016, 6:12 am

A victory for democracy.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 25, 2016, 6:49 am

Yes, a victory for democracy. I think old Rups, the dirty digger, will be laughing. He'll consider this sweet revenge on Westminster for all the grief it put him through over the last few years. His decades of EU bashing can't have been insignificant. He trumped, pardon me, Obama and Merkle.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 25, 2016, 6:58 am

For what it is worth HAD the EU just stayed as it was at its inception an European Economic Community fort trading and goods, we would not be in this parlous state NOW, but some EUROPEAN politicians wanted top be paid for doing nothing.
So they invented something which over the past centuries has never worked and as it has worked for the last 43 years it is now time to rejig the whole system. I am glad for one, control of my country back to my country.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 25, 2016, 7:01 am

Nigglyb wrote:
mally wrote:IMO The blame for the Brexit vote lies with Merkel and her EU cronies. They refused to take Cameron's "demands" for change seriously, most importantly saying "No negotiation on free movement". She (They) thought they could dictate to the UK, that there was no possibility of anyone actually saying "Ok then - I'm off, Bye !".

Good words, well put =D>
agreed. what bothered me was Merkel , she put herself up herself as the leader of Europe without concern or debate with others. on top of that was Greece, those poor buggers are broke, as a member of the European "family" they were treated badly, they voted against having more debt, again Merkel decided to force them to take it. if the idea of the EU was to help members it failed completely.
debate time is over, what is done is done. so instead of sitting here talking about whats going to happen next, we should be saying what is the plan now, time to reshape our future. I fully support a common market , but political integration , no thanks
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 25, 2016, 7:37 am

Is it just me or do all the people who wanted in are in disbelief they lost, seems a lot of arrogance on thei part and lots of sour grapes in their loss, well on the limited TV coverage here in China, mainly just BBC

and all the people who wanted out are in a bit of shock and perhaps disbelief they got over the line. They seem to be leaderless at this early point in time. I'm sure they will regroup soon.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 25, 2016, 9:00 am

Khun Paul wrote:For what it is worth HAD the EU just stayed as it was at its inception an European Economic Community fort trading and goods, we would not be in this parlous state NOW, but some EUROPEAN politicians wanted top be paid for doing nothing.
So they invented something which over the past centuries has never worked and as it has worked for the last 43 years it is now time to rejig the whole system. I am glad for one, control of my country back to my country.
Hear hear

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » June 25, 2016, 9:02 am

So, when will they actually INVOKE Article 50. I hear DC is leaving it up to the next PM so October at least, maybe not even in 2016?

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 25, 2016, 9:50 am

The immediate reaction from Europe was
If you want to go, go now!!
So Mr. C might not have any choice!!
That might change after they have had time to reflect.
However, the European remainers have little reason to do the UK any favours. The general reasoning seems to be to make an example to deter others from following suit!!

Meanwhile, as predicted...
Brexit: Nicola Sturgeon says second Scottish independence vote 'highly likely'
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sco ... s-36621030

If she gets her way then I will be highly surprised if it goes any other way but independence & I think Europe would look on Scottish membership far more favourably than their lukewarm response to it last time around.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 25, 2016, 9:57 am

redwolf wrote:So, when will they actually INVOKE Article 50. I hear DC is leaving it up to the next PM so October at least, maybe not even in 2016?
RW
To sustain stability, so far as possible, DC stated his preparedness to remain in office, until at least the Conservative Party's Annual Conference, due to take place early October. The intention being to allow time for the party to consider the suitability of those MPs declaring their interest in replacing DC as Prime Minister. By vote, if necessary, those declarants would be reduced to the two having the most support in the Party. One of these survivors would then be elected by vote, which DC & the cabinet had hoped would take place at the Party Convention. Thus some breathing space, (appx three months), during which to get organized whilst at the same time maintaining the status quo, BEFORE then invoking Article 50. A great tactic, had it been allowed to happen.
However the 'Powers that Be' have immediately taken pre-emptive steps to dismiss that proposal, even before DC had the opportunity to put it to the EU next Monday. A full meeting of the EU, (with GB pointedly excluded) has been called for next Tuesday, or Wednesday, (cannot remember), to consider, and decide the steps to be taken to implement and finalize GB's departure, as expeditiously as possible. The GB Government has also been notified that the EU expects, (bureaucratic speak for 'requires'!),GB to invoke Article 50 , without delay.
The worlds, not just GB & the EU, can look forward to an interesting week, full of unexpected twists and turns; moves and countermoves.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 25, 2016, 10:38 am

14 million English have applied for Scottish Citizenship ......... however all of them later withdrew their applications when told they would be expected to wear skirts :-"

Return to “U.K.”