Silly Uncle Joe.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Silly Uncle Joe.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 2, 2021, 1:30 am

I don't think Trump discriminated against immigrants based on colour, religion or race. However, he seemed to oppose those would-be immigrants who had false or no documentation, a criminal record, and so on from entering the U.S.A.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 2, 2021, 1:54 am

Creepy Joe is still doing the inappropriate touching:

Here patting Johnson as if he was a pet dog.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2021, 2:17 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 2, 2021, 12:18 am
tamada wrote:
November 1, 2021, 1:11 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
November 1, 2021, 7:09 am
Khun Paul wrote:
November 1, 2021, 6:47 am
In fact for a NATION which GREW because of migrants, I find the current American hostility to anything other than white or born in America so hypocritical that is makes me smile
Americans don't have hostility towards non white immigrants, it is illegal immigrants of any color and I don't blame them.The left wing propaganda machine would have you believe otherwise. I live in Canada near the USA border and have traveled in the states and know many Americans and how they feel. Currently America has just about every race and color as citizens and the feelings towards illegal immigrants is shared by all. Too often people are blinded by the media and need to do some research on their own to find the truth. The U.S. desperately needs more immigrants and would not survive with out them. It is primarily the Mexican migrants that support the agriculture industry as well as many other labor intensive industries. Americans know this, they just don't want undocumented people walking into the U.S.
Why did the Trump administration selectively discriminate against certain ethnicities in their path to legal immigration?

Yes, illegal immigration over the southern border is an issue but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive solution to the issue. It's been that way for decades and 45 only made it worse.
What ethnicities were discriminated against by the Trump administration? If they were Muslim I think it would have been because of concerns of terrorists and therefore needing a more stringent policy for entry into the U.S. Not too hard to understand after 911 and other events.
They revised the rules and put more hoops in for south Asians who are the backbone of IT and programming.

Another illogical knee jerk was the ban on Chinese travelers while allowing Americans and other nationalities (but not the Chinese) to enter the U.S. via west coast airports when "Wu flu" kicked off. He used Covid to discriminate against the Chinese while telling anyone who would listen that it would be over in a week.
Last edited by tamada on November 2, 2021, 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 2, 2021, 2:20 am

Ah, how some people on here have selective memory. While campaigning in 2015 for POTUS, Trump called for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 2, 2021, 3:20 am

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2021, 2:17 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 2, 2021, 12:18 am
tamada wrote:
November 1, 2021, 1:11 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
November 1, 2021, 7:09 am
Khun Paul wrote:
November 1, 2021, 6:47 am
In fact for a NATION which GREW because of migrants, I find the current American hostility to anything other than white or born in America so hypocritical that is makes me smile
Americans don't have hostility towards non white immigrants, it is illegal immigrants of any color and I don't blame them.The left wing propaganda machine would have you believe otherwise. I live in Canada near the USA border and have traveled in the states and know many Americans and how they feel. Currently America has just about every race and color as citizens and the feelings towards illegal immigrants is shared by all. Too often people are blinded by the media and need to do some research on their own to find the truth. The U.S. desperately needs more immigrants and would not survive with out them. It is primarily the Mexican migrants that support the agriculture industry as well as many other labor intensive industries. Americans know this, they just don't want undocumented people walking into the U.S.
Why did the Trump administration selectively discriminate against certain ethnicities in their path to legal immigration?

Yes, illegal immigration over the southern border is an issue but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive solution to the issue. It's been that way for decades and 45 only made it worse.
What ethnicities were discriminated against by the Trump administration? If they were Muslim I think it would have been because of concerns of terrorists and therefore needing a more stringent policy for entry into the U.S. Not too hard to understand after 911 and other events.
They revised the rules and put more hoops in for south Asians who are the backbone of IT and programming.

Another illogical knee jerk was the ban on Chinese travelers while allowing Americans and other nationalities (but not the Chinese) to enter the U.S. via west coast airports when "Wu flu" kicked off. He used Covid to discriminate against the Chinese while telling anyone who would listen that it would be over in a week.
I wished everyone would have banned all flights from China at the beginning of this covid mess, I certainly would have if I could. Our Prime minister said it would be racist to do so so flights direct from Wuhan kept pouring into our airports bringing their gifts of death. At least we weren't racist, just dead and sick.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2021, 5:39 am

^ Even if they had, Covid would not have stayed bottled up in China. It is not in the nature of a coronavirus. There's no such thing as zero-covid, never could be either.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 2, 2021, 5:49 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 2, 2021, 1:30 am
I don't think Trump discriminated against immigrants based on colour, religion or race. However, he seemed to oppose those would-be immigrants who had false or no documentation, a criminal record, and so on from entering the U.S.A.
That was the crux of it. If countries could not provide good information in the vetting process, their citizens were not going to be accepted. The media tried real hard to turn it into a "Muslim ban", and it was not. The countries affected were many of the same countries that Obama had restricted for the same reasons, which was for little or no documentation. The largest Muslim nations who were able to provide documentation were not included in the ban.

The Supreme Court upheld the ban because the restrictions were based on security for Americans and lack of documentation. Associate Justice Samuel Alito, during April arguments, noted that of the 50 or so mostly Muslim majority countries, only five were on the banned list.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 2, 2021, 6:18 am

It would be interesting to see the advice Biden and Xi got about the Covid risks of fronting up in Glasgow. I'm not surprised Xi hasn't appeared. I'd also want some advice before standing next to an unmasked Johnson. This is the man that early in the pandemic had to be talked out of meeting Queen Elizabeth. I hope Biden is OK. He isn't a young man.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 2, 2021, 6:40 am

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2021, 5:39 am
^ Even if they had, Covid would not have stayed bottled up in China. It is not in the nature of a coronavirus. There's no such thing as zero-covid, never could be either.
If that is your line of reasoning than we all should just throw caution to the wind, get covid and hope we survive. If the virus would have been contained in China from the beginning and China had been forthright about what was happening everyone could have been more prepared and I am sure many would have been saved. I know it is almost impossible to stop a virus spreading but we could have done better in slowing the spread. I was so upset watching flights direct from Wuhan landing in Vancouver international airport daily then seeing the covid numbers take off. There was no masks, checking, testing or quarantine. The people from Wuhan and the rest of China just walked through the airport free as a bird bringing the disease with them. Insanity.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 2, 2021, 7:14 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 2, 2021, 6:40 am
tamada wrote:
If that is your line of reasoning than we all should just throw caution to the wind, get covid and hope we survive. If the virus would have been contained in China from the beginning and China had been forthright about what was happening everyone could have been more prepared and I am sure many would have been saved. I know it is almost impossible to stop a virus spreading but we could have done better in slowing the spread. I was so upset watching flights direct from Wuhan landing in Vancouver international airport daily then seeing the covid numbers take off. There was no masks, checking, testing or quarantine. The people from Wuhan and the rest of China just walked through the airport free as a bird bringing the disease with them. Insanity.
Deffinately went sideways ,no one paying attention when the Chinese were locking down cities. The Chinese didn't have to tell us anything . we could see what was happening . and by the way the virus mainly entered from Europe not China and remember tramp saying it was 15 cases and soon it would be zero.at that point lockdowns should have kicked in ,but they didn't ,not for 2 months . As for stopping flights ,how would the west have reacted if they had held 40,000 americans against their will. That would have been an interesting scenario ,the train wreck attitude of western leaders is why it all went pear shaped. A good example was yesterday when the worlds largest Disney land in china got closed down just because of one case. We watched and did nothing .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 2, 2021, 7:46 am

I transferred through Hong Kong Airport on 6 January 2020. While I was waiting for my flight home, there was an announcement every 10 or 15 minutes that travellers from a then unknown to me place in China had been falling ill and passengers falling ill should tell their doctor they had been travelling. Any foreign health or intelligence official going through the airport that day should have easily appreciated this wasn't an unimportant announcement. It raised my anxiety levels while I hung around the airport.

The next pandemic may be even worse and everyone needs to be ready to improve their response. Particularly the US. Given how public health is a political weapon in the US, that's a big challenge.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 2, 2021, 8:08 am

GT93 wrote:
November 2, 2021, 7:46 am
I transferred through Hong Kong Airport on 6 January 2020. While I was waiting for my flight home, there was an announcement every 10 or 15 minutes that travellers from a then unknown to me place in China had been falling ill and passengers falling ill should tell their doctor they had been travelling. Any foreign health or intelligence official going through the airport that day should have easily appreciated this wasn't an unimportant announcement. It raised my anxiety levels while I hung around the airport.

The next pandemic may be even worse and everyone needs to be ready to improve their response. Particularly the US. Given how public health is a political weapon in the US, that's a big challenge.
See even you knew about it on the 6th of January , should have sent a letter to tell Tramp about it . come to think about it we could use the narrative GT withheld information lol
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 2, 2021, 8:20 am

jai yen yen wrote:
I think it is funny how the mask believers and lockdown believers and quarantine believers do not think that travel restrictions work and that the virus will spread anyway.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2021, 1:57 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
tamada wrote:
It's not my "line of reasoning", it's basic virology. Catching and surviving the disease and building antibodies naturally is the primary defence but would result in high morbidity in the oldest. Vaccines only fast-track that natural defence in lieu of being infected.

If anything, Americans have been the most resistant to "masks, checking, testing or quarantine." Why is that?

What is your opinion on the travelers originating in China who transited through European hub airports and entered the US via east coast airports? All this while the great American unwashed were being told the 'China flu' can ONLY come directly from China?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2021, 2:12 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 2, 2021, 8:20 am
jai yen yen wrote:
I think it is funny how the mask believers and lockdown believers and quarantine believers do not think that travel restrictions work and that the virus will spread anyway.
Only a clown conflating impossibility of prevention with the practicality of mitigation would think Covid-19 is funny.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 2, 2021, 5:56 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 2, 2021, 8:20 am
The epitome of social distancing is placing a travel ban on areas where the virus originated (China) and initially spread (Europe).

Cities and states and countries all over the world, through lockdowns (of healthy people) and six feet apart distancing (since proven to be a foolish practice with citations below) and clear plastic barriers (a virus cannot travel over those screens or around them :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and quarantines (of more healthy people) and other similar measures, are all practices that restrict travel and contact. An international travel ban just takes in a wider circumference. All of the measures outlined here were restrictions regarding contact and travel.

Citations regarding six foot social distancing
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gottl ... ar-AAOBQm5
Gottlieb: 'Nobody knows' origins of six-foot social-distancing recommendation

Made up by someone somewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.studyfinds.org/social-dista ... d-science/
Social distancing six feet apart is based on ‘outdated science,’ scientists say

Respiratory droplets can travel beyond six feet. :lol: :lol: :lol: NOTE: and they can travel through cloth masks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.aier.org/article/the-6-foot ... d-science/
The 6-Foot Mandate Was Bad Science

Scientism strikes again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOTE: and there are more similar citations for anyone choosing to look.

So to summarize, an international travel ban is merely an extension and wider circumference of keeping people apart. If someone believes that distance is a barrier locally then it is also a barrier internationally. Whether it is 3 feet or thousands of miles, a distance believer should embrace it all or they are not being honest with themselves or anyone else.

Some people do not read so good. It was never said that the covid virus was funny. The reactions, responses and disconnected beliefs of people who are mask believers and quarantine believers and lockdown believers, but not international travel ban believers, is what is hilariously funny.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 2, 2021, 7:18 pm

do they still have people thinking masks protect them ? . masks were never even suggested that they protect you. only protect others from your spital, slime and mucus. why don't conspiracy theory people understand this ?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 2, 2021, 11:12 pm

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2021, 1:57 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
tamada wrote:
It's not my "line of reasoning", it's basic virology. Catching and surviving the disease and building antibodies naturally is the primary defence but would result in high morbidity in the oldest. Vaccines only fast-track that natural defence in lieu of being infected.

If anything, Americans have been the most resistant to "masks, checking, testing or quarantine." Why is that?

What is your opinion on the travelers originating in China who transited through European hub airports and entered the US via east coast airports? All this while the great American unwashed were being told the 'China flu' can ONLY come directly from China?
In my opinion no country should have allowed people from China to enter. Essentially isolate China where this virus started. Totally stopping the virus from spreading is impossible but like I said before honesty from China and time to plan some protection would have saved lives.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 2, 2021, 11:19 pm

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2021, 1:57 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
tamada wrote:

Something I forgot to mention which is a good example of what I am talking about. I live in Vancouver Island in B.C. Last year we had no non essential travel which meant people from the mainland could not come to the Island, only essential commercial services and such were allowed. In early summer we were having o cases to maybe 3 or 4 for weeks at a time. The beginning of July the restrictions were lifted and within a few weeks the cases started to increase.
We are now running around 75 cases a day.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 3, 2021, 12:50 am

Honesty from the previous administration on how deadly the virus had the potential to be would have been nice.

Return to “U.S. Politics”