Silly Uncle Joe.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Silly Uncle Joe.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 31, 2021, 12:20 am

jackspratt wrote:
October 30, 2021, 7:58 pm

Mandy Rice-Davies?
While giving evidence at the trial of Stephen Ward, charged with living off the immoral earnings of Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice-Davies, Rice-Davies (18 years old at that time) made the quip for which she is now best remembered: when the defence counsel, James Burge, pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her, she retorted "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" (often misquoted as "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?") - wiki

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 31, 2021, 2:37 am

The US looks piss weak in that it can't secure its border. I don't expect miracles but there should be a long term plan and the plan should be being implemented year by year.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 31, 2021, 3:13 am

GT
The DEpartment of Homeland Security has a plan https://www.dhs.gov/stopping-illegal-im ... ing-border

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 31, 2021, 5:28 am

jai yen yen wrote:
October 30, 2021, 11:57 pm
...Trump said he welcomed immigrants...
Citation?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 31, 2021, 5:30 am

GT93 wrote:
October 31, 2021, 2:37 am
The US looks piss weak in that it can't secure its border. I don't expect miracles but there should be a long term plan and the plan should be being implemented year by year.
If they hadn't stolen the last election, Trump's wall would have been done and dusted already and the whole southern border issue consigned to the annals of history.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 31, 2021, 10:23 am

All the illegals that cross the border should be immediately sent back across the border into Mexico and if they come from another country, not flown back to that country. Mexico bears the responsibility and it is their problem to deal with those non Mexican citizens. Those who apply lawfully to immigrate to the US should be given priority. Deserving people who want to immigrate should not be forced to jump through so many hoops.

Years ago myself and my girlfriend used to visit her uncle who lived in Brownsville, Texas. Texas has a quota controlling how many grapefruit can be sold legally. The surplus is basically left to rot. We visited one of those orchards and were told that his Mexican worker had been caught and sent back by immigration, BUT, if we wait until tomorrow, he would be back and pick the fruit for us. We had no problem picking the fruit ourselves and they were free. We had to put our luggage in the back seat because the trunk was full of grapefruit. Normally you are expected to tip the worker who picks the fruit for you. If the orchard owner cannot give the fruit away he has to pay to pick up and take the surplus fruit to a landfill.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 31, 2021, 11:36 am

"in early January 2018, CBP produced a document called “Critical CBP Requirements to Improve Border Security,” which was also never publicly released. According to CNN, which obtained the documents, CBP laid out a long-term vision for “about 864 miles of new wall and about 1,163 miles of replacement or secondary wall” and asked for $18 billion over 10 years to build 722 miles of border wall, including “about 316 new miles of primary structure and about 407 miles of replacement and secondary wall.”

10 years to finish The Wall not 10 months as some have indicated. And we all know what a Government quote of 10 years means when they want to get something completed, usually double that estimate

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 31, 2021, 11:55 pm

tamada wrote:
October 31, 2021, 5:28 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Citation?
I watched a video live where Trump was addressing a large crowd. He plainly said immigrants were welcome and needed as the country needed the extra labor force. He also stated that there were far too many undesirables crossing illegally and that had to be stopped. Sounded very reasonable to me.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 12:20 am

glalt wrote:
October 31, 2021, 10:23 am
All the illegals that cross the border should be immediately sent back across the border into Mexico and if they come from another country, not flown back to that country. Mexico bears the responsibility and it is their problem to deal with those non Mexican citizens. Those who apply lawfully to immigrate to the US should be given priority. Deserving people who want to immigrate should not be forced to jump through so many hoops.

Years ago myself and my girlfriend used to visit her uncle who lived in Brownsville, Texas. Texas has a quota controlling how many grapefruit can be sold legally. The surplus is basically left to rot. We visited one of those orchards and were told that his Mexican worker had been caught and sent back by immigration, BUT, if we wait until tomorrow, he would be back and pick the fruit for us. We had no problem picking the fruit ourselves and they were free. We had to put our luggage in the back seat because the trunk was full of grapefruit. Normally you are expected to tip the worker who picks the fruit for you. If the orchard owner cannot give the fruit away he has to pay to pick up and take the surplus fruit to a landfill.
And this wastage is all the fault of the illegal alien that the orchard owner repeatedly hires?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 12:24 am

jai yen yen wrote:
October 31, 2021, 11:55 pm
tamada wrote:
October 31, 2021, 5:28 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Citation?
I watched a video live where Trump was addressing a large crowd. He plainly said immigrants were welcome and needed as the country needed the extra labor force. He also stated that there were far too many undesirables crossing illegally and that had to be stopped. Sounded very reasonable to me.
Yes, I believe he did say that but he said a whole lot of other things as well. I doubt he took the New Colossus to heart.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2021, 6:47 am

In fact for a NATION which GREW because of migrants, I find the current American hostility to anything other than white or born in America so hypocritical that is makes me smile

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 1, 2021, 7:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 1, 2021, 6:47 am
In fact for a NATION which GREW because of migrants, I find the current American hostility to anything other than white or born in America so hypocritical that is makes me smile
Americans don't have hostility towards non white immigrants, it is illegal immigrants of any color and I don't blame them.The left wing propaganda machine would have you believe otherwise. I live in Canada near the USA border and have traveled in the states and know many Americans and how they feel. Currently America has just about every race and color as citizens and the feelings towards illegal immigrants is shared by all. Too often people are blinded by the media and need to do some research on their own to find the truth. The U.S. desperately needs more immigrants and would not survive with out them. It is primarily the Mexican migrants that support the agriculture industry as well as many other labor intensive industries. Americans know this, they just don't want undocumented people walking into the U.S.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 1, 2021, 8:09 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 1, 2021, 7:09 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Americans don't have hostility towards non white immigrants, it is illegal immigrants of any color and I don't blame them.The left wing propaganda machine would have you believe otherwise. I live in Canada near the USA border and have traveled in the states and know many Americans and how they feel. Currently America has just about every race and color as citizens and the feelings towards illegal immigrants is shared by all. Too often people are blinded by the media and need to do some research on their own to find the truth. The U.S. desperately needs more immigrants and would not survive with out them. It is primarily the Mexican migrants that support the agriculture industry as well as many other labor intensive industries. Americans know this, they just don't want undocumented people walking into the U.S.
You are absolutely correct.

Some of the greatest hostility toward illegal aliens comes from LEGAL immigrants of all cultures who worked within the system to gain their citizenship legally, paid their way and followed the procedures.

In addition, Latinos and Black Americans see how this invasion of illegals has harmed their communities, lowered their wages and cut them out of jobs. It is already backfiring on Democrat politicians at the state and local levels in SouthTexas minority communities where Republicans have won offices that have been held by Democrats for years.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 1, 2021, 9:02 am

Wages in Texas have increased on average 2% per annum over the past 5 years Also
"No credible study finds evidence that immigrants displace natives from jobs or reduce
earnings of the average worker. Michael Fix and Jeffrey S. Passel (1994) conclude that
“immigration has no discernible effect on overall wages.” and if what is said to be true Illegals afect a SMALL SMALL percntage of the population.

https://www.huduser.gov/Periodicals/CIT ... ticle7.pdf

All we ever hear in the Media is how the USA has such a GREAT difficulty with Illegal Immigrants and how they are destroying Communites etc The UK, Italy , Germany and even Thailand have immigration issues but you rarely hear them moaning about it . Why CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, Yahoo, and the other 1,000 or so news outlets in teh USA

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2021, 9:13 am

Most of the snippets of fiulms showsed on many platforms including FB, show Whites ( Now I believe called Karens female and Kevins male ) being rude insulting and hostile to anyone of colour including dare I say it poften Police Officers.
Now can someone explain that or are Americans behaving like Ostriches, this has nothing to do with Undocumented people just anyone NOT WHITE !!!
Or are they too scared to tell the truth for fear of being targeted by their local White racists

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 1, 2021, 12:48 pm

https://www.huduser.gov/Periodicals/CIT ... ticle7.pdf
The Effects of Immigration on Urban Communities

Every work cited in this paper is before the year 2000 and deals with legal immigrants and their contributions in urban areas.

The same is true of Fix and Passel from almost 30 years ago.
Michael Fix and Jeffrey S. Passel (1994)
Some reading regarding effects on wages and state and local services paid for by tax-paying citizens.

https://cis.org/Testimony/Illegal-Immig ... ck-Workers
(testimony from 2008)

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.com/ ... ses-wages/
(2017)

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publicatio ... -taxpayers
(2017)

https://www.usccr.gov/files/pubs/docs/I ... _430pm.pdf
(2010)

https://tennesseeconservativenews.com/t ... taxpayers/
State of Tennessee costs (2021)
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2021, 1:11 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Why did the Trump administration selectively discriminate against certain ethnicities in their path to legal immigration?

Yes, illegal immigration over the southern border is an issue but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive solution to the issue. It's been that way for decades and 45 only made it worse.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 1, 2021, 9:29 pm

What happened to the wall? Uncle Joe had a knee jerk and just stopped it. Miles of partial construction , heavy equipment and building material just abandoned. What can Uncle Joe gain from that brain fart? Now he wants to give away millions or maybe a billion dollars to people who broke the law. Where is his brilliant vice president. Even she must be squirming and ashamed.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 1, 2021, 10:14 pm

Glot, read read read
Yeap he stopped teh construction for 3 months and then it resumed
"HOME › PRAYER UPDATES › CONSTRUCTION ON BORDER WALL TO RESUME
Construction on Border Wall to Resume
POSTED ONMAY 14, 2021"

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said it will resume construction on part of the border wall in the Rio Grande. A 13.4-mile stretch will be built, after complaints from local residents and politicians were heeded by the administration. All border wall construction had been previously halted by President Biden’s administration in January.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 2, 2021, 12:18 am

tamada wrote:
November 1, 2021, 1:11 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Why did the Trump administration selectively discriminate against certain ethnicities in their path to legal immigration?

Yes, illegal immigration over the southern border is an issue but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive solution to the issue. It's been that way for decades and 45 only made it worse.
What ethnicities were discriminated against by the Trump administration? If they were Muslim I think it would have been because of concerns of terrorists and therefore needing a more stringent policy for entry into the U.S. Not too hard to understand after 911 and other events.

Return to “U.S. Politics”