Congress Wants Answers......

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Congress Wants Answers......

Post by jackspratt » May 29, 2021, 10:19 am

........ or at least, part of it does.

Republican Senators have voted against forming an independent, bipartisan commission to investigate the events around the January 6 insurrection at the US Congress.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/28/poli ... index.html

There can be only one reason for this - they are afraid of the embarrassment and political fallout that the truth may/probably would reveal, and its implications for the Cult Leader and his GOP sycophants.

(Thanks Rico).
Last edited by jackspratt on May 29, 2021, 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Congress Wants Answers......

Post by Khun Paul » May 29, 2021, 10:47 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 29, 2021, 10:19 am

Republican Senators have voted against forming an independent, bipartisan commission to investigate the events around the January 6 insurrection at the US Congress.

There can be only one reason for this - they are afraid of the embarrassment and political fallout that the truth may/probably would reveal, and its implications for the Cult Leader and his GOP sycophants.
Just goes tpo show 44 senators ( as I understand it ) look after themselves before even considering the wider implications to the country as whole . A group selfish people who could not care less about the country or for that matter even the Police Force that is there to ensure their safety. I hope karma catches up with them

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 29, 2021, 10:54 am

This must go down as one of the most cynical decisions that has ever come out of the US system. I will not call it a democratic (small d) system, it is unbelievable that a developed nation would even contemplate voting for a party that has no morals, yet from a country that loudly portrays itself as a Christian nation. Yet that party has tens of millions of supporters.

Zero ethics, zero morality. The kind of thing that would be expected in some nations (no names, no pack drill), yet from a nation that claims world leadership.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2021, 1:46 pm

Whistles, you are probably as confused as I am that our forum conservatives, and Trumplets, haven't been rushing forward to defend this cynical (great word) decision by those 44 craven Republican senators.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 30, 2021, 2:38 pm

Biden's a disaster. A blowhard puppet, a racist fool.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2021, 2:51 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 30, 2021, 1:46 pm
Whistles, you are probably as confused as I am that our forum conservatives, and Trumplets, haven't been rushing forward to defend this cynical (great word) decision by those 44 craven Republican senators.
No confusion here. It does take time for a brainless bot to hoover up enough links from the "hair-on-fire" conservative internet toilet bowls to copy/paste their opinions here.

Either that or nobody will say a dickie bird until their 'special one' has passed a comment. They'll have to hold on though. Right now he's busy passing something else.
dtrump.jpg

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 30, 2021, 4:12 pm

He's in your vacant little head. Infeck'd fer life.

Sad boy.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2021, 6:54 pm

Giggle wrote:
May 30, 2021, 2:38 pm
Biden's a disaster. A blowhard puppet, a racist fool.
Nothing to add then giggley - not even a justification for the cop-out by the craven senators. :-s

Status quo for you.

ps I understand your dilemma.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 30, 2021, 7:23 pm

They already know the truth, they were there. ALL of them, even the ones who now claim that these were peaceful protesters, ran and hid and barricaded themselves in rooms.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 30, 2021, 7:29 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 29, 2021, 10:47 am
jackspratt wrote:
May 29, 2021, 10:19 am

Just goes tpo show 44 senators ( as I understand it ) look after themselves before even considering the wider implications to the country as whole . A group selfish people who could not care less about the country or for that matter even the Police Force that is there to ensure their safety. I hope karma catches up with them
Actually the vote was 54 to 35 with 11 voting present, including two Democrats. Not quite understanding that. I'm guessing Mitch McConnell owes a lot of these senators "favors" in the future.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 30, 2021, 7:55 pm

not to worry.. Pelosi has already said she may form a Special Committee in the House to investigate the 6 January fiasco. So, we can expect to see the media slavering over the committee's investigations and interrogations.. I'm sure Adam Schiff would volunteer to chair it...
Dave

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 30, 2021, 8:01 pm

Everyone in the world knows what happened, an independent investigation is not going to change that. People already have their minds made up on which side of the fence they are on with this issue, no new information is going to come out to change anyone's mind one way or another. The 400+ people who have been arrested so far are providing all the information that is needed.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2021, 8:09 pm

Without knowing the details of what Pelosi is proposing, there doesn't seem to be much point in another investigation, unless it can be widely accepted as bipartisan and independent.

Which of course is what the craven GOP senators have just rejected.

Until the Bloated Orange Bullshiitter pops his clogs [-o< , or is sent to jail \:D/ you would wonder whether US politics can ever get back on an even keel.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 30, 2021, 9:50 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 30, 2021, 8:09 pm

Until the Bloated Orange Bullshiitter pops his clogs [-o< , or is sent to jail \:D/ you would wonder whether US politics can ever get back on an even keel.
Unfortunately if he pops his clogs the idiots will treat him as a martyr and if in jail Trump he will have his mafia running things

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2021, 9:58 pm

Lightning quick fingers there, Uncle. :D

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 31, 2021, 6:09 am

Giggle wrote:
May 30, 2021, 4:12 pm
He's in your vacant little head. Infeck'd fer life.

Sad boy.
Talking of empty vessels, how's the transitioning going there Ashli? It is Ashli isn't it? Y'all got yer tits yet?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 31, 2021, 8:44 am

Stantheman wrote:
May 30, 2021, 9:50 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 30, 2021, 8:09 pm

Unfortunately if he pops his clogs the idiots will treat him as a martyr and if in jail Trump he will have his mafia running things

Feel a cull is required in the US of A . Just make sure same colour kills same colour, then no problems

Return to “U.S. Politics”