Oh! Look - A President With Seemingly Nothing To Hide

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Oh! Look - A President With Seemingly Nothing To Hide

Post by glalt » May 22, 2021, 10:15 am

One problem with the corrupt congress is their policy of "I won't tell on you is you don't tell on me".

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 22, 2021, 3:14 pm

glalt wrote:
May 22, 2021, 10:15 am
One problem with the corrupt congress is their policy of "I won't tell on you is you don't tell on me".
Not so much a Corrupt Congress what about the openly partisan bugger the people SENATE with open warfare declared on anything that might harm the 2022 mid-term elections . Now there are som,e really serious lemmings in there to be sure follow the Moron come what may

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 22, 2021, 3:35 pm

The main thing on politicians minds is to be reelected. They will always lean whichever way the wind blows.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 29, 2023, 3:54 pm

6u6vrh.jpg
Trump's Corporate Death Penalty

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 29, 2023, 4:50 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 22, 2021, 9:19 am
DOJ instigated wide ranging investigation on Hunter Biden and found nothing

https://nypost.com/2020/12/13/doj-probe ... ma-report/
Is that still the case?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66516294
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 30, 2023, 11:32 am

Both parties need to wake up. One has a senile corrupt leading candidate, now president.The other party has another over the hill leading candidate who is simply a braggart who doesn't know what the truth is.

I'm an old man and don't like to admit it, BUT, I know that I am well past my prime and still slipping. If either party comes up with a viable dynamic much younger candidate, that party will win in a landslide. Recent public polls have shown that 77 percent of voters are not happy with the either leading candidate running for president. As far as the majority of the career politicians, congress is riddled with corruption and term limits are desperately needed. I don't know where voters can find an honest politician but at least term limits would eliminate the worst of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 30, 2023, 3:00 pm

Although I agree with../ glaits .. analysis of the situation, I think reading between the many lines spewed by many sources, NUMBER 45 HAS DONE A TREMENDOUS JOB OF DIVIDING WHAT WAS A SEEMINGLY FAIRLY CENTRALIST NATION INTO TWO opposing sides with one side intending to destroy what is left of a democracy to win favour of a man whose onl;y real claim top fame was his EGO. Coupled with his seemingly enormous wealth and international connections seemed a good choice. Since then and endless investigations he has now it seems LOST his business licences, losing part of his business empire, stands indicted on 91 counts and counting I am led to believe . His wealth is dis-appearing before his eyes and still Americans have kept in the corrupt politicians who put their own personal agenda in propping up this man, as no it would appear viable alternative is forthcoming .

Maybe the current situation will open the eyes of the mind numbingly stupid people and seek better alternatives as keeping No 45 alive with a possibility of running again will be the death knell for one particular party or will lead to an autocratic nation with less freedom than Russians enjoy`.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2023, 3:05 pm

You seem to be confusing your adjectives, glalt.

Most astute observers would say something like "one has an over the hill leading candidate, and the other party has a lying, twice impeached, sex offender/rapist, multi-indicted, insurrectionist fraud for a candidate".

Not a great choice, but a pretty clear one for anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 30, 2023, 4:01 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 29, 2023, 4:50 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 22, 2021, 9:19 am
DOJ instigated wide ranging investigation on Hunter Biden and found nothing

https://nypost.com/2020/12/13/doj-probe ... ma-report/
Is that still the case?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66516294
Obviously no longer the case LYM. Even though the crimes are of a fairly petty nature, there is enough information that Hunter Biden cynically took advantage of his father's position to benefit himself, him sitting on boards or having contracts with companies like Burisma, shows family connection trump expertise.

Had one of my children behaved this way I would read them the riot act and if they persisted, I would distance myself from them. Biden chose a different path and his reputation is soiled as a result.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 30, 2023, 4:11 pm

Trump should not earn any benefit from this, and let's hope that he doesn't.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 30, 2023, 4:15 pm

glalt wrote:
September 30, 2023, 11:32 am
Both parties need to wake up. One has a senile corrupt leading candidate, now president.The other party has another over the hill leading candidate who is simply a braggart who doesn't know what the truth is.

I'm an old man and don't like to admit it, BUT, I know that I am well past my prime and still slipping. If either party comes up with a viable dynamic much younger candidate, that party will win in a landslide. Recent public polls have shown that 77 percent of voters are not happy with the either leading candidate running for president. As far as the majority of the career politicians, congress is riddled with corruption and term limits are desperately needed. I don't know where voters can find an honest politician but at least term limits would eliminate the worst of them.
Glalt,

You throw in the words 'senile' and 'corrupt' when describing Biden. Biden has always been a bit vague on occasions, but senility is a measurable medical condition, what is your authority to back up that diagnosis? Anything to say Biden's mental condition is worse than Trump's? Trump has dropped a lot of real howlers, and they are getting increasingly more common. His hilarious statement about the revolutionaries seizing control of the airports was a stand out, but last week's claim that Biden was about to start WWII is another, that and his rants on every subject under the sun points to a very disturbed man.

However, describing Biden as a criminal is way over the top, there are no criminal charges against him, he has never been convicted of a single crime. Trump on the other hand has a number of criminal convictions and many more scheduled for the courts.

IMHO, two bad choices for POTUS but given the choice Biden wins by a country mile.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 30, 2023, 6:58 pm

please point me to Trump's criminal convictions..... Can't seem to remember them? Are you referring to his consigliere in the Trump Organization getting convicted for financial improprieties? Trump avoided that one... Now the numerous indictments mean they'll get him on something and in my opinion it'll be the illegal holding of classified info.. But, if they nail Trump to the wall for that, remember, Ol' Joe's Special Counsel is still "investigating" the President's many faux pas's with classified over the decades, some from over 25 years ago when he was a Senator.. Yes, Trump willfully did it and Joe probably arrogantly did it (I'm a Senator damn it/I'm the VP damn it!).
Dave

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 30, 2023, 8:59 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 30, 2023, 4:15 pm
glalt wrote:

Glalt,

You throw in the words 'senile' and 'corrupt' when describing Biden. Biden has always been a bit vague on occasions, but senility is a measurable medical condition, what is your authority to back up that diagnosis? Anything to say Biden's mental condition is worse than Trump's? Trump has dropped a lot of real howlers, and they are getting increasingly more common. His hilarious statement about the revolutionaries seizing control of the airports was a stand out, but last week's claim that Biden was about to start WWII is another, that and his rants on every subject under the sun points to a very disturbed man.

However, describing Biden as a criminal is way over the top, there are no criminal charges against him, he has never been convicted of a single crime. Trump on the other hand has a number of criminal convictions and many more scheduled for the courts.

IMHO, two bad choices for POTUS but given the choice Biden wins by a country mile.
The point being is that both Biden and Trump are too old for another term. " Biden has always been a bit vague " Is that what you call Biden's condition? I would call it senile. Can you describe how his druggie son became so wealthy? Do you honestly believe that Uncle Joe knew nothing about how the Biden clan became wealthy? Uncle Joe would lie cheat and steal to protect his useless son. No one can prove that Uncle Joe knew what was happening and that is also being senile or simply being a liar. Is Uncle Joe senile or is he a liar? Obviously there is no money trail follow. Common sense should tell you that where there is so much smoke, there MAY in deed be a fire.

Trump may also be a bit senile. He boasts about how great he is and that is not a healthy way of thinking.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 30, 2023, 9:02 pm

glalt wrote:
September 30, 2023, 8:59 pm
Whistler wrote:
September 30, 2023, 4:15 pm
glalt wrote:

Glalt,

The point being is that both Biden and Trump are too old for another term. " Biden has always been a bit vague " Is that what you call Biden's condition? I would call it senile. Can you describe how his druggie son became so wealthy? Do you honestly believe that Uncle Joe knew nothing about how the Biden clan became wealthy? Uncle Joe would lie cheat and steal to protect his useless son. No one can prove that Uncle Joe knew what was happening and that is also being senile or simply being a liar. Is Uncle Joe senile or is he a liar? Obviously there is no money trail to follow. Common sense should tell you that where there is so much smoke, there MAY in deed be a fire.

Trump may also be a bit senile. He boasts about how great he is and that is not a healthy way of thinking.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 1, 2023, 11:02 am

glalt, you persistently refer to the unconnected and unproven allegations against Joe Biden, calling them smoke.

Yet you continually ignore the raging conflagration right before your eyes that is Trump. The worst you can ascribe to him is that he is a bit senile, and a braggart. That is akin to suggesting the Titanic had a minor brush against a couple of ice cubes all those years ago.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 1, 2023, 3:34 pm

glalt wrote:
Both parties need to wake up. One has a senile corrupt leading candidate, now president.
Have any evidence that he's corrupt? The Republicans in Congress don't, and they've been looking nonstop for nearly three years, now.

Last week Jonathan Turley, a legal scholar who has testified in previous impeachment inquiries and was called by the Republicans, testified before the impeachment committee assembled by the House Republicans that there isn't nearly enough evidence to consider impeachment.

Their other witness, who was supposed to present explosive testimony against President Biden concerning his finances was Bruce Dubinsky, a forensic accountant. And what did he say? "“I am not here today to even suggest that there was corruption, fraud or any wrongdoing.”

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 1, 2023, 3:35 pm

glalt wrote:
Both parties need to wake up. One has a senile corrupt leading candidate, now president.
Can you point to any evidence that he's corrupt? The Republicans in Congress can't, and they've been looking nonstop for nearly three years, now.

Last week Jonathan Turley, a legal scholar who has testified in previous impeachment inquiries and was called by the Republicans, testified before the impeachment committee assembled by the House Republicans that there isn't nearly enough evidence to consider impeachment.

Their other witness, who was supposed to present explosive testimony against President Biden concerning his finances was Bruce Dubinsky, a forensic accountant. And what did he say? "“I am not here today to even suggest that there was corruption, fraud or any wrongdoing.”

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2023, 5:29 pm

It appears that the Republican party has no other option than to support Trump, no matter what. They are like startled deer in the headlights, unable to get out of the way of the Mack truck that is going to mow them down.

Their only strategy is to throw mud at Biden hoping some of it may stick. Hunter is giving them some ammunition, but so far nothing to connect Biden with any wrongdoing. The MAGA/locked-in-GOP are the only ones that swallow their rubbish. That will not be enough to win in 2024. The independents are having none of it, and naturally, the Dems are not being swayed either, a lot of moderate Republicans may not even vote.

As Trump's legal cases start in earnest next month and then the big one in March, the problems will bite deeper, Trump's chances will only worsen. Biden to take a second term with a resounding increase in the electoral college count. The blowback from Trump's woes will probably see the GOP routed in both houses, and in several gubernatorial contests too.

It will take a long time for the GOP to recover, maybe it will even split between the crazies and the moderates.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2023, 5:53 pm

The way I see it, both parties share tunnel vision on their leadership choices. The growing list of more egregious court dockets that are sticking to Trump seem to be getting more media attention and the right wing does seem to be flogging a dead horse with Hunter, his laptop, Burisma and the like. I only hope that the stream of prosecutions that flow from the Capitol insurrection trials aren't just low-hanging fruit and the security organs are not missing an elephant in the room (sic). There could be a deeper, more secretive, more organized and more violent right-wing counter-narrative that's ticking along nicely, waiting for Trump's punishments to be doled out before breaking cover to "protect the Constitution" on a broader front. There's a lot of distrust and anger in the boonies that the likes of Jim Jordan, MTG and other lesser useful idiots like to keep stoking.

BTW, I think it's a cab-over Kenworth.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2023, 6:01 pm

Possibly the Kenworth is travelling in the opposite direction to the Mack. Plenty of road kill on the way.

Return to “U.S. Politics”