US Republicans Start Their Own Version of Cancel Culture

jackspratt
udonmap.com

US Republicans Start Their Own Version of Cancel Culture

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2021, 12:37 pm

After all their huffing and puffing about the Liberals "cancel culture", the hypocritical troglodytes in the Republican party have decided to indulge in a spot of it themselves.

Poor old Liz Cheney, one of the most conservative of the cult, is about to be dumped from her House leadership position because she is honest enough to call out the election lies by the cult leader, Donnie J Trump. :shock:
The only woman in Republican Senate leadership complained about cancel culture on Monday, regarding the imminent removal of Liz Cheney, the only woman in Republican House leadership, because she opposes Donald Trump’s big lie that the presidential election was stolen.

The Iowa senator Joni Ernst told reporters: “I feel it’s OK to go ahead and express what you feel is right to express and, you know, cancel culture is cancel culture no matter how you look at it.

“Unfortunately, I think there are those that are trying to silence others in the party.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... el-culture

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: US Republicans Start Their Own Version of Cancel Culture

Post by JimboPSM » May 12, 2021, 3:15 pm

• Listen, learn and inwardly digest.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2021, 3:50 pm

Meanwhile, the biggest Republican flip-flopper in recent US political history carries on burning his bridges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... sh-hawley/
trumphawley.jpg
Darth plunges his black hand deep into his chest and freezes Obiwan's heart.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 12, 2021, 8:01 pm

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2021, 3:50 pm
Meanwhile, the biggest Republican flip-flopper in recent US political history carries on burning his bridges.

trumphawley.jpg
cannot read unless you subscribe
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2021, 8:44 pm

Out ya' go Liz - you were happy to suck up to the Trump cult for so long, but when you wavered, you had to go.

This is what the US can expect from its potential alternative administration from now on - until nature takes its course. [-o<

Can't happen soon enough.
Republicans in the US House of Representatives voted to eject Liz Cheney from the party's House leadership, saying her criticism of former President Donald Trump's false claims about the 2020 election distract from party efforts to unite against Democrats.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-12/ ... /100135680

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 12, 2021, 9:02 pm

They did it by secret ballot, how sad. It's too bad that GOP has taken this course of action. I can't see it helping them in the midterms, but I can see it hurting them. They continue to give one person way too much power over the Party. Liz Cheney is as conservative as you can get, what in the hell are they thinking.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2021, 6:56 am

Whistler wrote:
May 12, 2021, 8:01 pm
tamada wrote:
May 12, 2021, 3:50 pm

trumphawley.jpg
cannot read unless you subscribe
I'm not a subscriber either but I can read the article on my phone or PC.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 13, 2021, 7:13 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 12, 2021, 9:02 pm
They did it by secret ballot, how sad. It's too bad that GOP has taken this course of action. I can't see it helping them in the midterms, but I can see it hurting them. They continue to give one person way too much power over the Party. Liz Cheney is as conservative as you can get, what in the hell are they thinking.
That is really good question , they are not thinking one has learnt over the past 6 odd months that the GOP is incapable of logical thinking rather following slavishly the idiotic partisan line of allowing the Moron to control the situation .
Knowing deep down he is a proven liar and would eventually do to America what he has done to many of his Business enterprises, completely screw it up.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2021, 8:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 13, 2021, 7:13 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
May 12, 2021, 9:02 pm
That is really good question , they are not thinking one has learnt over the past 6 odd months that the GOP is incapable of logical thinking rather following slavishly the idiotic partisan line of allowing the Moron to control the situation .
Knowing deep down he is a proven liar and would eventually do to America what he has done to many of his Business enterprises, completely screw it up.
True to form, after learning of Cheney's ousting, Trump lights up his new " communications channel" with a poisonous, personal, character assassinating, meandering diatribe about her dismissal. No doubt his acolytes on Twitter and FB are already smearing this all over the social media channels that he's denied access to like so much madman's scheiße on the asylum wall.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 13, 2021, 8:45 am

I would suggest it is inevitable that there will be two conservative parties in America, this could be a good thing, As the GOP lurches to the Right, a new right of centre party looks on the cards. The impact?

Extreme Right Wing presidential candidates, AKA Trump clones, will have a hard time being elected. Unshackled from loyalty to the GOP, these Centralists will be more aligned with the Independents and less disdainful against Democrats. Probable outcomes,

1. No GOP Presidents for a very long time.
2. No clear majority in Congress or the Senate, conservatives will likely dominate with an uneasy coalition made up with Right Wing, and Right of Centre parties.
3. Plenty of disagreements between the Executive & Congress making decision making a delicate balance.

Maybe a fourth will be a purge of the Tea Party faction in the GOP, leading to a more moderate agenda from that party. Its going to be interesting to watch and see.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 13, 2021, 10:44 am

I foresee a new national newspaper called 'Truth' to spread Trumpist propaganda.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 13, 2021, 11:03 am

rick wrote:
May 13, 2021, 10:44 am
I foresee a new national newspaper called 'Truth' to spread Trumpist propaganda.
Ironic, the Pravda-like press had to cancel Trump because comrade President wouldn't follow their rules. It's the Marxist left loons who try to cancel, silence, ostracize, and otherwise eliminate dissenting voices.

[Redacted]

It's how power-obsessed Trotskyists roll. Censorship ... and wearing girl's panties.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2021, 12:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 13, 2021, 8:45 am
I would suggest it is inevitable that there will be two conservative parties in America, this could be a good thing, As the GOP lurches to the Right, a new right of centre party looks on the cards. The impact?

Extreme Right Wing presidential candidates, AKA Trump clones, will have a hard time being elected. Unshackled from loyalty to the GOP, these Centralists will be more aligned with the Independents and less disdainful against Democrats. Probable outcomes,

1. No GOP Presidents for a very long time.
2. No clear majority in Congress or the Senate, conservatives will likely dominate with an uneasy coalition made up with Right Wing, and Right of Centre parties.
3. Plenty of disagreements between the Executive & Congress making decision making a delicate balance.

Maybe a fourth will be a purge of the Tea Party faction in the GOP, leading to a more moderate agenda from that party. Its going to be interesting to watch and see.
Split their vote! You know it makes sense.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » May 14, 2021, 7:38 am

https://townhall.com/columnists/markdav ... y-n2589366

Top Ten Lies About the Fall of Liz Cheney
It comes as little surprise that an event as defining as the ouster of Liz Cheney from House Republican leadership would attract a wave of on-the-fly analysis. It is similarly unsurprising that many of those takes are opportunistic blather.
Democrats always love republicsns who backstab their party . Cheney was hated by the left until now . They love romney murkowski collins and all the similar others .
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 14, 2021, 8:09 am

Republicans are incapable of loving themselves.

Here endeth the first lesson.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » May 14, 2021, 8:12 am

"The full saying, from LBJ on J. Edgar Hoover, was that it was “better to have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in.” House Republicans gripe with Cheney is that she’s been inside the tent pissing in."
- Brit Hume
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 14, 2021, 8:24 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
May 14, 2021, 8:12 am
"The full saying, from LBJ on J. Edgar Hoover, was that it was “better to have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in.” House Republicans gripe with Cheney is that she’s been inside the tent pissing in."
- Brit Hume
"House Republicans" eh? There's never been a finer body of piss artists.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 14, 2021, 10:05 am

Giggle wrote:
May 13, 2021, 11:03 am
It's the Marxist left loons who try to cancel, silence, ostracize, and otherwise eliminate dissenting voices.

It's how power-obsessed Trotskyists roll. Censorship ... and wearing girl's panties.
Giggley's favourite Marxist left loon ........ I wonder if his wife knows he is wearing her knickers?
191217154709-01-kevin-mccarthy-lead-image-exlarge-169.jpg
Kevin McCarthy

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 14, 2021, 11:11 am

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 14, 2021, 9:19 pm

tamada wrote:
May 14, 2021, 8:24 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:
May 14, 2021, 8:12 am
- Brit Hume
"House Republicans" eh? There's never been a finer body of piss artists.
From everything I have read, the GOP tent is already full-to-overflowing with piss (and wind), so one absent cult member is unlikely to make much difference to their obsequience to the cult leader.

Unless of course Ms Cheney reckons she is building up a big enough public recognition that she can perhaps harness whatever political capital still exists from the organisation of her evil father, Dick "Darth Vader" Cheney.

Oh! the spectacle - an old fashioned,deeply conservative politician who probably has principles and values, and still believes in democracy and the rule of law, up against a shallow grifter who pretends he has, but has demonstrated time and time again that he is nothing more than a lying con man.

Return to “U.S. Politics”