If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 7:24 am

glalt wrote:
May 4, 2021, 12:04 pm
It would depend on who the other candidate is. At this point, I have no confidence in Biden. I think the country is going in the wrong direction. Time will tell.
More fencing.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 5, 2021, 9:28 am

Trump haters are beating a dead horse. It should be obvious by now that the majority of, especially career politicians, are corrupt. They only serve themselves and and only think of the citizens at election time.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 5, 2021, 9:31 am

So what's your point?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 5, 2021, 9:39 am

tamada wrote:
May 5, 2021, 7:24 am
glalt wrote:
May 4, 2021, 12:04 pm
It would depend on who the other candidate is. At this point, I have no confidence in Biden. I think the country is going in the wrong direction. Time will tell.
More fencing.
Why pose the question if you are not going to respect answers? We are still waiting with baited breath for your answers. I am sure your response will be shown the same respect you give others.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 5, 2021, 9:52 am

glalt wrote:
May 5, 2021, 9:28 am
Trump haters are beating a dead horse. It should be obvious by now that the majority of, especially career politicians, are corrupt. They only serve themselves and and only think of the citizens at election time.
That's a huge generalisation. I know many, many politicians both progressive and conservative, who are honest and hard working. Very few are criminally corrupt, the worst ones I know play power games. More a moral issue than a criminal one.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 5, 2021, 10:12 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 5, 2021, 9:31 am
So what's your point?
Your reading comprehension needs some improvement. Is English your native language or are you fishing?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 5, 2021, 10:24 am

No, you keep bringing up the term "Trump haters" because someone disagrees with his policies and his conduct as a POTUS. You bash politicians because they are career politicians, yet fail to realize or admit that Trump is nothing but a con man and conned individuals like you, people naive and looking for something to hate.

Independants are supposed to be open-minded, you are no independent.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 10:43 am

The question is simple enough, "If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump..."

I have not embellished or prefaced it with 'if you agree with his policies' or 'depending who the other candidate is'. This is a pretty simple question which typically needs a yes or no answer, like a ballot sheet.

I agree there's a whole lot of institutional biases on both sides that over the years have enabled career politicians on both sides but in the responses to the OP so far, we see some saying No and stating why while others are saying it depends or have started labeling people.

So far, apart from one saying he would "vote for him over Biden" (which is NOT the question), and another wishing death on all Democrats, nobody has outright said yes.

Early days yet though.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 5, 2021, 10:54 am

tamada wrote:
May 5, 2021, 10:43 am
The question is simple enough, "If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump..."

I have not embellished or prefaced it with 'if you agree with his policies' or 'depending who the other candidate is'. This is a pretty simple question which typically needs a yes or no answer, like a ballot sheet.

I agree there's a whole lot of institutional biases on both sides that over the years have enabled career politicians on both sides but in the responses to the OP so far, we see some saying No and stating why while others are saying it depends or have started labeling people.

So far, apart from one saying he would "vote for him over Biden" (which is NOT the question), and another wishing death on all Democrats, nobody has outright said yes.

Early days yet though.
But did not the original topic post state "and why"? In fact it's a question you asked in your opening post.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 12:03 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 5, 2021, 10:54 am
tamada wrote:
May 5, 2021, 10:43 am

Early days yet though.
But did not the original topic post state "and why"? In fact it's a question you asked in your opening post.
Indeed it is the expansion of the question in the OP. If Biden does stand again, then yes, it's a valid argument but having not yet experienced the results of 4-years of Biden rule, it is a bit presumptive.

So far some of those saying No have stated reasons, some of which are based on Trump's previous performance, the effect of his policies, the economy, etc.. Personalities unfortunately also enter the debate.

The few who are not-quite-saying-Yes seem more keen on the 'never Democrat' as their reasoning. Some suggest it's the policies that maketh the man and I think we can all relate with that.

Some have mentioned that other Republican candidates may be more appealing. I am pretty sure that there's also a few Democrats who hope for something 'better than Biden'. The Democrats appear to have a quite viable 'line of succession'. With regard to the Republicans, less so? It's a wait and see if the wounded GOP can find a way to do things without Trump if that's what they really want.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » May 5, 2021, 9:49 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 4, 2021, 11:59 am
jai yen yen wrote:
May 3, 2021, 11:11 pm
The problem with politics is that it is full of politicians. I.E. Failed businessmen that can spend and lose money and never be accountable or go out of business because they just raise tax's to cover their mistakes. Trump is not a politician, he is a business man who has done well. Some may argue that point but he is rich so I consider that doing well. He has a big ego, a big mouth and is sometimes hard to like but in my opinion has done more for the U.S. than any other president. He does not tell people what they want to hear to please them but tells it like it is. Controlled immigration and a need to deal with China is just two issues that he has right. I would vote for him over Biden and the Democrats but there are other Republicans that I would prefer.
What did he actually do for America?

We know what he did wrong.

- Ignored science on Global Climate Change
- ignored science on Covid 19 resulting in over 500.000 dead
- pissed of every ally the USA had in Western Europe, Canada and Australasia
- Drove up the deficit at an alarming rate
- Reversed the trend on reduced unemployment
- Incited a riot that led to congress being attacked.
- divided the country into blue and red states
- praised racists like the Proud Boys
- Backed out of the Iran agreement leading that country to accelerate production of atomic weapons
- ditto North Korea
- drove up costs with huge tariffs on Chinese goods that fell on US consumers and businesses
- Made lying an artform
- Running the most dysfunctional Executive branch in history
- Pardoned criminal mates
- shook trust in the electoral system to the core
etc, etc, etc.
Nothing you have stated is true.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 5, 2021, 11:42 pm

Sounds pretty accurate to me. It also amuses me there are some people on here who think that successful businessmen such as Trump, sure, are more honest than politicians, who are apparently failed businessmen. Go figure.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 6, 2021, 3:21 am

JYY puts hands over his eyes and declares ' You cannot see me'.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2021, 7:39 am

Anyone who consistently lies and abrogates international treaties and ignores and side-lines long standing allies is a person who puts themselves and their friends first. That does not mean they are wrong, but historically ( something many ignore ...history ) they will end up on their own and will take a lot of people with them into the wilderness. Luckily for the American people many have seen the light , in this p[articular case, many are still mesmerised by the soundbites emanating from a particular person and think wrongly that he is the saviour of America., putting himself above the Constitution where ALL are equal , unless of course you are Donald Trump !

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » May 16, 2021, 11:37 am

IMHO, trump is a Vile human being. End of Story.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 16, 2021, 3:26 pm

KP, treaties are ratified by the Senate in the United States. Withdrawing from a presidential agreement is not abrogating a treaty.. If President Obama had wanted the Paris Climate Accords or the JCPOA ratified as binding treaties he would have presented them to the U.S. Senate for ratification. Knowing full well neither would have been ratified he left them as mere agreements and thus fully open to a subsequent President cancelling them.. The same applies to Joe Biden rejoining the Paris Climate Accord and attempting to re-establish the JCPOA..

As for the topic question, no, I would not vote for Donald Trump in 2024. I saw him as an a-hole in 2016 and 2020. I also saw his opponent in 2016 as a machine politician a-hole so voted Libertarian that year. In 2020 I saw the choice again as.. no choice the a-hole versus a nearly 50 years in politics goofy machine politico.. No vote...
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2022, 8:51 am

And this guy is still considered a likely starter in the 2024 election race. :confused:
Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper says in his new book that then-President Donald Trump asked him in 2020 about launching missiles into Mexico to "destroy the drug labs" and kill cartels, The New York Times reported Thursday.

"We could just shoot some Patriot missiles and take out the labs, quietly," Trump suggested, according to the upcoming book "A Sacred Oath," the Times reported. The former President reasoned that Mexico didn't "have control" over its own country and that "no one would know it was us," Esper -- who objected at the time -- recounted, according to the Times....

...... Earlier this week, Axios reported that Esper's book also details Trump raising the idea of shooting protesters who took to the streets around the White House that summer.

"Can't you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?" Trump asked, according to an excerpt in the book.....
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/05/poli ... index.html

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 7, 2022, 9:03 am

the part about them not having " control" over
their own country , might be partially true. and
same goes for other s. american drug hotspots

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 7, 2022, 12:49 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 4, 2021, 1:00 am
... if he had four more years, he would destroy the economy and the middle class ...
Do you actually read the nonsense you type? The economy was soaring under Trump. Only after the "sober. elite, adult progressives" hijacked the country did it go, predictably, straight into the sh@tter. Do you live on planet Earth?
Liberalism is a disease that must be excised like a cancerous tumor.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 7, 2022, 5:16 pm

tamada wrote:
May 3, 2021, 7:41 pm
Yes or no?

And why?

Ta
tam
I wouldn't vote for him if I was an American because he's divisive. I think the GOP needs a capable and centred presidential candidate to bring the country together but not him, his focus is on himself not the US.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “U.S. Politics”