If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

Post by tamada » May 10, 2023, 2:55 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 10, 2023, 1:24 pm
Coffee table book required

Crimes Ive been found guilty of and what I was fined (could run to several volumes)
For the "The Life and Crimes of Donald J Trump", you're gonna need a f***ing big coffee table.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2023, 3:03 pm

in direct answer to the thread header ..

As obviously the best option it has to be a resounding ..

YES

But i cant.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 10, 2023, 3:29 pm

I would vote for Obama. (The male one and not his wife).

Is it allowed or once you have had a second term you can never return?
Edit: decided to check my own question and it is not possible. So scrap that idea of getting Obama back into office.
Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

I would certainly NOT vote for Trump and NOT vote for Biden. I think it's a disgrace to the American people that either would have the backing to run. [-X

What about Pete Buttigieg for President? Gay and with a funny name, might appeal to the younger crowd and fit the CNN narrative :-k

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 10, 2023, 4:26 pm

Chelsey Clinton

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 5:42 pm

IMHO opinion, the US has too many elections, so when selecting candidates, it's all about public perception and not much on substance. There may be other countries that do it, if so, I am not aware who has an election on who to vote for in an election? Judges are elected, sheriffs are elected, school boards are elected, MUD (metropolitan urban and drainage boards) are elected and many more. In all cases, massive amounts of campaign funds are expended and those that make donations want a quid-pro-quo.

This dysfunctional system produces dysfunctional outcomes.

The so-called leaders have to raise hundreds of millions of dollars as campaign funds, a lot of time you don't get the best person running for office, you get the one that raises the most money.

This is one reason nobody will take on the gun lobby, the NRA spends up big on gun rights candidates, once elected, they are beholding to this well funded, but thoroughly evil lobby group. Quid-pro-quo!
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 11, 2023, 1:06 am

Doodoo wrote:
May 10, 2023, 4:26 pm
Chelsey Clinton
Brahahaha

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » May 11, 2023, 2:44 am

Stantheman wrote:
May 11, 2023, 1:06 am
Doodoo wrote:
May 10, 2023, 4:26 pm
Chelsey Clinton
Brahahaha

How about Chelsea Clinton then? :-k

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 11, 2023, 3:23 am

What expertise does CC have to run a Country, let along run the most powerful nation in the World

Is it just the last name or can she actually write children's books by herself? :-k
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2023, 3:36 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 11, 2023, 3:23 am
What expertise does CC have to run a Country, let along run the most powerful nation in the World

Is it just the last name or can she actually write children's books by herself? :-k
The same dynastic pretensions that enabled the Kennedy franchise and the serial dipsh!tery of the Bush clan. Who's to deny the Clinton's similarly fragile political ego? The Mrs Obama brigade are also quietly gaining momentum.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 11, 2023, 4:21 am

tamada wrote:
May 11, 2023, 3:36 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
May 11, 2023, 3:23 am

The same dynastic pretensions that enabled the Kennedy franchise and the serial dipsh!tery of the Bush clan. Who's to deny the Clinton's similarly fragile political ego? The Mrs Obama brigade are also quietly gaining momentum.
(WD) A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within :-k and Political Dynasties from both sides will only contribute to an already dysfunctional system. It is hard to understand why people vote like sheep, just for the Name
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 16, 2023, 8:05 am

The FBI lacked evidence to investigate Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and relied too heavily on tips provided by Mr Trump's political opponents to fuel the probe, US Special Counsel John Durham concluded in a report released on Monday.
The report marks the end of a four-year investigation
was that money wisely spent probably not

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 16, 2023, 8:58 am

If the choice is between Biden and Trump, I'd vote for Trump.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2023, 9:00 am

Both political parties seem to prefer to burn millions of dollars on trying to make the opposition candidate unelectable rather than finding an electable candidate of their own.

History shows several abuses of power by the FBI including the disproportionate allocation of resources for the surveillance of left-leaning movements and political organizations. Their involvement in shadowy overseas "domestic security" activities has also seen some approbation, depending on the "time of the month". Their more recent involvement in the "get Trump" debacle was a collosal foot shooting.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 9:18 am

tamada wrote:
May 16, 2023, 9:00 am
Both political parties seem to prefer to burn millions of dollars on trying to make the opposition candidate unelectable rather than finding an electable candidate of their own.

History shows several abuses of power by the FBI including the disproportionate allocation of resources for the surveillance of left-leaning movements and political organizations. Their involvement in shadowy overseas "domestic security" activities has also seen some approbation, depending on the "time of the month". Their more recent involvement in the "get Trump" debacle was a collosal foot shooting.
100% agree. Just one act in the play 'The Destruction of American Democracy'.

- A corrupt Supreme Court that is too partisan to uphold the law, let alone the Constitution.
- A weaponised FBI and DOJ, directed by bad actors in Congress and the Executive branch
- Mega billionaires pulling the strings in the background
- The Fifth Estate chock full of very bad actors
- Ethics abandoned all over the place in the name of 'Real Politic'
- A manipulation of religion to justify excesses

the place has gone to hell in a handbasket.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2023, 9:20 am

glalt wrote:
May 16, 2023, 8:58 am
How is that even rational?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2023, 9:32 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 16, 2023, 9:20 am
glalt wrote:
May 16, 2023, 8:58 am
How is that even rational?
Where does being rational ever feature with the deeply conservative?

On Tucker Carlson's revelations of having brazenly lied and sewed disinformation as a means to and end while leading the ratings on Fox News, the greater red-capped simply screamed in unison, "You're lying!"
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 16, 2023, 10:08 am

I'll do as I did last time. If the choice is between a-hole Trump or Geriatric Joe I'll vote for neither... Picking the better of two terrible chocies is not something I'll descend to...

as for rationality, it is absent on both the hard left and hard right. I find my right leaning acquaintances easier to deal with in arguing facts or logical points. My Left leaning acquaintances, particularly the hard progressives tend to act as if their beliefs defy facts and are essentially a religious cult... If I challenge them politely the mob descends with pitchforks and torches...
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2023, 10:17 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 16, 2023, 10:08 am

as for rationality, it is absent on both the hard left and hard right. I find my right leaning acquaintances easier to deal with in arguing facts or logical points. My Left leaning acquaintances, particularly the hard progressives tend to act as if their beliefs defy facts and are essentially a religious cult... If I challenge them politely the mob descends with pitchforks and torches...
That sounds to me like a function of where you are starting from in your own political spectrum - which is naturally going to colour (all of) our judgements.

Confirmation bias?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 16, 2023, 10:24 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
I'll do as I did last time. If the choice is between a-hole Trump or Geriatric Joe I'll vote for neither... Picking the better of two terrible chocies is not something I'll descend to...

You hit the nail on the head with the second paragraph.

As for Biden or Trump, I would choose Biden to keep Trump out. This is my second vote on this thread so I guess it will be thrown out.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 16, 2023, 10:57 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
My Left leaning acquaintances, particularly the hard progressives tend to act as if their beliefs defy facts and are essentially a religious cult...
I find exactly the same with Trump sycophants.

For whom will I vote if it's Trump versus Biden? Ugh. Terrible choice to make. I could probably stomach Biden if it weren't for VP Harris, who would have a non-trivial chance of becoming president. Right now, I'd have to say that I support Haley, though there is much in her substantive positions with which I do not agree.

Return to “U.S. Politics”