If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

Post by Whistler » November 11, 2022, 1:45 pm

There are encouraging signs. Murdoch turning on Trump, De Santis keeping his powder dry. Ye I suggest has hit the ground. China slowing. FTX to replace last two letter with five more, the first being a U.

Others Bitcoin, Boris, Prayut, Putin...the worms are turning.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 13, 2022, 11:38 am

With most results in, and Dems holding the Senate but losing Congress albeit with a better outcome than predicted, it actually looks like the child-man is finally being recognised for the fraud he is.

A different and more radical GOP than the pre Tea Party movement, but one now searching for a new figurehead.

De Santis looks set to take that role, but with a charisma bypass, maybe not able to transfer support from the MAGA fanatics.

Let the Battle for control of the GOP begin.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 13, 2022, 7:52 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 13, 2022, 11:38 am
With most results in, and Dems holding the Senate but losing Congress ....
Just to clarify, Congress is both the House and Senate, not sure why they sometimes call Representatives Congressman. Good chance Republicans will gain the house as only 7 seats away from the majority. As for Senate looks like maybe a 50/50 split depending on what happens in Georgia run off in December.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 13, 2022, 8:40 pm

Stat. Senate is gone, Dems have 50 plus Harris If Wornock wins then a simple majority.

If the independent vote is split 50/50 on rerun Wornok wins easily. I suspect he will do much better than 50/50. Regardless, a Democratic control.of the Senate is locked in.

This more than anything else will destroy the Trump brand

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 14, 2022, 5:32 am

Whistler wrote:
November 13, 2022, 8:40 pm
Stat. Senate is gone, Dems have 50 plus Harris If Wornock wins then a simple majority.

If the independent vote is split 50/50 on rerun Wornok wins easily. I suspect he will do much better than 50/50. Regardless, a Democratic control.of the Senate is locked in.

This more than anything else will destroy the Trump brand
...while strangling the lame duck POTUS.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 14, 2022, 11:16 am

"lame duck POTUS" with Senate majority he won't be lame duck.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 14, 2022, 12:31 pm

Agree to an extent. Control of senate opens a lot options. Block any frivolous impeachments and you can be sure that MAGA congress members will attempt this. Supreme Court openings will have Biden in the box seat.

Congress can frustrate legislation but senate can block any dumb laws restrictions on voters rights etc.

Two frustrating years to go. Franky until election distribution is protected against gerrymandering, problems will. Persist with blue states manipulation can be banned.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 14, 2022, 3:53 pm

parrot wrote:
November 14, 2022, 11:16 am
So you reckon the Republican's in the lower house will be so full of peace and reconciliation that they'll happily help Democrat bills get punted upstairs for rubber stamping?

The Senate won't be overworked, that's for sure
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 14, 2022, 5:22 pm

tamada wrote:
November 14, 2022, 3:53 pm
parrot wrote:
November 14, 2022, 11:16 am
So you reckon the Republican's in the lower house will be so full of peace and reconciliation that they'll happily help Democrat bills get punted upstairs for rubber stamping?

The Senate won't be overworked, that's for sure
We can speculate only.

One week ago the GOP was convinced they would easily control both chambers, the MAGA_ots were convinced they had s firm grasp on the reins. Now that has changed big time. Blind Freddy knows that the extremist element is facing the biggest push back since Jesus Christ played opening bat for the Jerusalem first XI.

Maybe the MAGA_ots will be sidelined by a resurgent sensible centre. Maybe they will dig in, maybe they will decide to tone down to regain trust.

My guess is the MAGA_ots will not be able to control their zeal and two factions of the GOP will bash each other senseless

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 14, 2022, 5:53 pm

All this while Biden, Harris and Pelosi do nothing to halt the Democrats slippery slide further to the left. They've both got their zealots and they're both mad as a box of frogs.

Jus' speculatin'
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 14, 2022, 7:36 pm

We should start worrying about the Democrats' slippery slide when they start advocating overturning elections.

And Biden forms a cult.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 14, 2022, 7:37 pm

tamada wrote:
November 14, 2022, 5:53 pm
All this while Biden, Harris and Pelosi do nothing to halt the Democrats slippery slide further to the left. They've both got their zealots and they're both mad as a box of frogs.

Jus' speculatin'
What makes you say this? My perception is quite different, a shift to the centre. What policies or legislation is leftist?

Border policy is questionable, but ditto Trump Obama et al. Been a multi decade issue for the USA without any effective policy. Rest of polices, looks progressive without being over the top.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 15, 2022, 11:23 pm

Here's how I see the '24 election as of today (could change tomorrow, of course):

Republicans: Traditional Republicans, the bulk of the party, don’t love Trump. They’re opportunistic pragmatists. They’re with him until he no longer serves their purpose. We’re starting to see that now, in the wake of the ’22 elections.

So let’s assume that he isn’t the ’24 nominee. His psychological and emotional fragility, his need to be worshipped, may not allow him to sit on the sidelines. So he runs a third party campaign. He assumes that the people love him and will flock to him, abandoning the RINO party regulars. Of course the Trump sycophants will vote for him, and they constitute a non-trivial minority of the party. The key here is that he will draw a sufficient number of votes away from the Republican nominee that neither Trump nor the Republican nominee will be able to get enough votes to win.

Democrats: While the Republicans’ problem is Trump, the Democrats’ problem is the woke left. Exactly the opposite of the Republican opportunistic pragmatists, they’re ideologues. They’re not interested in compromise, half-measures, or progress. It’s all or nothing for them. And they completely turn off all Republicans/conservatives as well as a fair portion of non-woke Democrats/liberals. For the next two years, Biden needs to learn to stand up to them rather than trying to appease them. Yes, they may stay home in an election if they don’t like the Dem candidate, but they’re certainly not going to vote Republican or Trump.

Someone needs to tell both Biden and Harris not to run. Biden has already noticeably started to lose his mental acuity, and that will only get worse with age. I fear his performance in election debates, let alone as President for another term. He’ll be 82 or 83 when he is to be sworn in in 2025. So there’s a non-trivial chance that he won’t survive his term. Nobody wants Harris. IMO the Dems have lots of good alternatives, -- Booker, Buttigieg, Klobuchar (although the antithesis of an inspiring speaker, and her Senate seat is up in 2024), Whitmer, and more. They need to have an open nominating process (i.e., not one managed to a pre-determined outcome as in 2016) and put up a candidate who can both win and govern.

My advice to the Democrats? Hire Carville immediately, pay him whatever he asks, and let him run the party until after the 2024 election. Do what he says, without question.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 16, 2022, 5:56 am

Isn't Buttigieg homosexual? How would that go down in the Bible Belt or the Mid-West?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 16, 2022, 7:20 am

Whatever the outcome in american Politics, something that seems to flood the Inernet every time the orange Moron opens his mouth while spewing falsehoods and attacking even his own.
Bothers me not one jot , what will affct me is he rhetoric regarding China and Russia more so the latter considering what is happening in Ukraine.
DT wqill run only to attempt to cover his arse from the myriad of law-suits thinking that by running he is safe . Hopefully by year end not only will he be indicted but also in at least ONE court facing the music. It is what America needs so that they can put his man out in the back and beyond forgetting him politically. Plus also his financial might maybe be also lessened to a lesser or greater degree, so that a country which due to mis-direction and lax accountabily which allowed him to build his VAST Empire , Will take it back and his companies broken.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 16, 2022, 7:59 am

Ernie

"Isn't Buttigieg homosexual? How would that go down in the Bible Belt or the Mid-West?"

Who cares?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2022, 8:01 am

Udon Map wrote:
November 15, 2022, 11:23 pm
Here's how I see the '24 election as of today (could change tomorrow, of course):

Republicans: Traditional Republicans, the bulk of the party, don’t love Trump. They’re opportunistic pragmatists. They’re with him until he no longer serves their purpose. We’re starting to see that now, in the wake of the ’22 elections.

So let’s assume that he isn’t the ’24 nominee. His psychological and emotional fragility, his need to be worshipped, may not allow him to sit on the sidelines. So he runs a third party campaign. He assumes that the people love him and will flock to him, abandoning the RINO party regulars. Of course the Trump sycophants will vote for him, and they constitute a non-trivial minority of the party. The key here is that he will draw a sufficient number of votes away from the Republican nominee that neither Trump nor the Republican nominee will be able to get enough votes to win.

Democrats: While the Republicans’ problem is Trump, the Democrats’ problem is the woke left. Exactly the opposite of the Republican opportunistic pragmatists, they’re ideologues. They’re not interested in compromise, half-measures, or progress. It’s all or nothing for them. And they completely turn off all Republicans/conservatives as well as a fair portion of non-woke Democrats/liberals. For the next two years, Biden needs to learn to stand up to them rather than trying to appease them. Yes, they may stay home in an election if they don’t like the Dem candidate, but they’re certainly not going to vote Republican or Trump.

Someone needs to tell both Biden and Harris not to run. Biden has already noticeably started to lose his mental acuity, and that will only get worse with age. I fear his performance in election debates, let alone as President for another term. He’ll be 82 or 83 when he is to be sworn in in 2025. So there’s a non-trivial chance that he won’t survive his term. Nobody wants Harris. IMO the Dems have lots of good alternatives, -- Booker, Buttigieg, Klobuchar (although the antithesis of an inspiring speaker, and her Senate seat is up in 2024), Whitmer, and more. They need to have an open nominating process (i.e., not one managed to a pre-determined outcome as in 2016) and put up a candidate who can both win and govern.

My advice to the Democrats? Hire Carville immediately, pay him whatever he asks, and let him run the party until after the 2024 election. Do what he says, without question.
I totally endorse this opinion, especially the internal dangers facing the Democrats. Their challenges appear to be mostly buried by MSM as they happily feed the polarization machine with their OTT coverage of the GOP despicables.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2022, 8:50 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 16, 2022, 7:59 am
Ernie

"Isn't Buttigieg homosexual? How would that go down in the Bible Belt or the Mid-West?"

Who cares?
Agreed. Who cares

I mean, isn't Trump simply a tax-dodging, raging narcissist masquerading as a successful business icon while faking everything?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2022, 9:45 am

So DT has finally chucked his hat in the ring for the nomination to run in 2024 ... marvelous news should liven things up no end both in the USA and here on UM .... oh and also keep him out of a prison cell............for the forseeable future.

So in direct answer to the topic header ..YES.. he is the guy to MAGA

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 16, 2022, 10:20 am

UM - "So he runs a third party campaign"
I could see DT making a revenge play on someone like DeSantis....not because DT thinks he could win, but purely out of revenge. He could do it against the entire republican party if he thought they turned against him. He wouldn't have to spend much money, and his die hard fans would vote for him no matter what. So, in the end, he'd lose, but he'd get his revenge by taking down the next presidential election in favor of the Democrats.

Return to “U.S. Politics”