If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

mak
udonmap.com

Re: If you could, would you vote for Donald Trump if he runs in 2024?

Post by mak » August 11, 2022, 7:17 am

rick wrote:
August 9, 2022, 8:08 pm
Did they check the toilets?
Yes.
Attachments
Trump toilet.jpg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 11, 2022, 8:10 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 10, 2022, 10:13 pm
One wonders when they will investigate Hunter Biden and Hilary Clinton. Surely they have clouds of suspicion hanging over their heads too. Throw them all in the clink if they are guilty.
So please let me know the logic. Trump is under investigation so Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton should be tossed in the Caboose? Both of course were cleared of any crimes after being investigated.

Trump's issues are Trump's issues, nothing to do with either Biden or Clinton.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2022, 8:35 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 11, 2022, 7:00 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
One wonders when they will investigate Hunter Biden and Hilary Clinton. Surely they have clouds of suspicion hanging over their heads too. Throw them all in the clink if they are guilty.
One wonders when the s0-called Politicians actually deal with the problems at hand and assist and pass laws to benefit their voters rather than spend in-ordinate amounts of time doing the mud-slinging and name calling more akin to a childs playground antics than an intelligent adult !!
In the most recent US legislative approval process, the "when" occurred when the VP cast the deciding vote.

Do you remember David Jacobs and "Jukebox Jury" on the telly back in the 60's? Four panelists would vote on whether a new song would make the charts. The infamous, "two say will, two say won't" hung jury would invoke the host to cast the deciding vote. I recall a klaxon noise for the rejected song. Can't recall what a pass vote sounded like.

Anyway, the House vote process is exactly the same except it's not in 405 lines monochrome.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2022, 8:45 am

Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2022, 8:10 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
So please let me know the logic. Trump is under investigation so Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton should be tossed in the Caboose? Both of course were cleared of any crimes after being investigated.

Trump's issues are Trump's issues, nothing to do with either Biden or Clinton.
Also note that the bulk of Trump's "issues" are related to an alleged dishonesty with his personal business affairs and not his dipshittery as POTUS. Being found guilty of lying, cheating or stealing could legally bar him from running for office again. With his own progeny spilling their beans while Rudi Giuliani begs off (but doesn't refuse or plead the Fifth) on delivering his testimony, it looks like it's squeaky bum time at Trump Tower, Mar-a-Lago or whatever tee 45's currently whacking-off on.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 11, 2022, 9:06 am

If one is restricted from running for Political office for lying cheating then Trump would already be barred
During his 4 years in office he lied on average 21 times a day or over 30,000 times
As for cheating one major affair was Stormy Daniels. "Stormy Daniels. Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford, alleged that she had an affair with Trump while his wife Melania was pregnant with their son, Barron. Rumors about the affair have swirled since at least 2011, but they attracted renewed attention before the 2016 presidential election. One month before the election, Trump's allegedly arranged for Daniels to receive $130,000 in an effort to buy her silence about the affair."

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 11, 2022, 9:25 am

Doodoo wrote:
August 11, 2022, 9:06 am
If one is restricted from running for Political office for lying cheating then Trump would already be barred
During his 4 years in office he lied on average 21 times a day or over 30,000 times
As for cheating one major affair was Stormy Daniels. "Stormy Daniels. Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford, alleged that she had an affair with Trump while his wife Melania was pregnant with their son, Barron. Rumors about the affair have swirled since at least 2011, but they attracted renewed attention before the 2016 presidential election. One month before the election, Trump's allegedly arranged for Daniels to receive $130,000 in an effort to buy her silence about the affair."
You can add Clinton and J.F.K. and Ted 'pants around the ankles' Kennedy to your list of politicians in the U.S. who should have been barred for cheating if that is your criteria. Doodoo, do you have a link for that quote or did you just make it up?

Hope this helps,
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 11, 2022, 9:41 am

Lala
Use a search link to locate the quote

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 11, 2022, 10:18 am

The dramatic FBI search of Donald Trump's Florida home on Monday marked a sudden escalation of investigations into the former president, and posed new legal questions that could - in theory - alter the course of the American presidency.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62487602

" that could"
Who's to say what was in the boxes
"speculation"

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 11, 2022, 10:26 am

noosard wrote:
August 11, 2022, 10:18 am
The dramatic FBI search of Donald Trump's Florida home on Monday marked a sudden escalation of investigations into the former president, and posed new legal questions that could - in theory - alter the course of the American presidency.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62487602

" that could"
Who's to say what was in the boxes
"speculation"
Firstly, the act of taking the boxes is in itself illegal regardless.

Secondly, you don't get a search warrant or risk your career on speculation

I am certain it will not be very long before the contents are revealed. The FBI probably know what they are looking to confirm.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 11, 2022, 11:02 am

Depends what is in said boxes
the world will see eventually one way or the another

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 11, 2022, 11:20 am

296318931_1392389607838642_5683115015112766126_n.jpg

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 11, 2022, 5:44 pm

Whistler with your apparent intimate knowledge of the search/raid protocol, can you advise whether all documents seized were inventorised prior to removal.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 11, 2022, 6:20 pm

trekkertony wrote:
August 11, 2022, 5:44 pm
Whistler with your apparent intimate knowledge of the search/raid protocol, can you advise whether all documents seized were inventorised prior to removal.
See Rule 41 f1b and f1c
https://www.federalrulesofcriminalproce ... d-seizure/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 11, 2022, 6:29 pm

direct answer to the thread header header YES ..

This attempt by Biden n Pelosi (the Dems) to use the justice department / FBI to get at Trump will back fire and stir up more n more support for Trump ..thus returning him to the White House in 24... the USA is in a real mess that is not in dispute...is it ??

DM.. back in the bush
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 11, 2022, 8:04 pm

I wouldn't vote for someone who advocated overturning democracy in my (or in this case, his own) country.

And continues to lie and deny in the face of overwhelming evidence.

But that is probably due to the fact that I am able to think rationally.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 11, 2022, 9:30 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 11, 2022, 6:29 pm
direct answer to the thread header header YES ..

This attempt by Biden n Pelosi (the Dems) to use the justice department / FBI to get at Trump
It has been established that the White House didn't know about the warrant and raid until after the fact. That's as it should be, regardless of who's President. Trump repeatedly made a mockery of that idea, too, in his repeated efforts to use the Justice Department to pursue his personal agenda, rewarding his friends and targeting his perceived enemies.

Drunk Monkey wrote:
. . . will back fire and stir up more n more support for Trump ..thus returning him to the White House in 24...
Or, perhaps even more Republicans will get tired of him and his antics and it will cost him votes. Traditional conservatives have been more or less disenfranchised since the Republican party was turned into a personality cult with little to no regard for actual principles.

Drunk Monkey wrote:
. . . the USA is in a real mess that is not in dispute...is it ??
On that, sir, we agree.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 11, 2022, 10:26 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 11, 2022, 8:04 pm
I wouldn't vote for someone who advocated overturning democracy in my (or in this case, his own) country.

And continues to lie and deny in the face of overwhelming evidence.

But that is probably due to the fact that I am able to think rationally.
Mange tu rodney mange tu ..of course thinking rationally with regard to the thread header its pury hyperthetical as i and your goodself cannot vote in the US election ..if i coult my rational would see me voting fir DT ..hes arguably the best POTUS the US has ever had n will gave again.

UM ..imo its simply not cricket the government using the justice department to target Trump .. it appears they stop at nothing to make him.not run in 24 ..

Dm .. slips back under this claret n blue duvet
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 11, 2022, 11:02 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 11, 2022, 10:26 pm
DT ..hes arguably the best POTUS the US has ever had ......
By what rational criteria?

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 12, 2022, 3:54 am

Thanks Parrot for the link. I understand the expectation of the process of executing a search warrant. There were reports that the FBI loaded boxes of documents without examining the contents, surely this must be inaccurate reporting.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 12, 2022, 4:07 am

trekkertony wrote:
August 12, 2022, 3:54 am
Thanks Parrot for the link. I understand the expectation of the process of executing a search warrant. There were reports that the FBI loaded boxes of documents without examining the contents, surely this must be inaccurate reporting.
I read those "reports" and, as is the case in most WEIRD countries, one needs to take into account the political bias of the media channel making these claims as well as the political bias of media channels that either ignore or bury such claims.

My reading also indicates that some media streams are claiming that as well as the FBI behaving "inappropriately", Mar-a-Lago is now "besieged" by Trump 2024 fundraisers. However, that hasn't been broadly shared by all MSM.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “U.S. Politics”