the silence is deafening

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: the silence is deafening

Post by Whistler » March 27, 2021, 10:02 pm

samster wrote:
March 27, 2021, 8:46 pm
Totally unrelated but, I used to quite like the music of Johnny and Edgar Winter
WTF.

How about Janis Joplin, she hailed from around that neck of the woods and has FA to do with the thread either, she sang every song they ever newwwwww .......

Poor old Bobby, does anybody know what ailed him, somewhere near Toledo I understand.

Maybe from the accumulated pollution in Beaumont TX, a truly unlovely part of the world. Only exceeded in ugliness by Scarborough in the UK, and Bhopal India post the explosion. That is a toss up of course, more dead indians than the little big horn.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 28, 2021, 9:05 am

It's hard to believe that even after electing senile Uncle Joe, the democrats are still butt hurt and the goal is to undo everything Trump did, good or bad. What happened to the campaign promises to unite the country?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2021, 9:18 am

Can you give us a list of the good things, glalt?

Shouldn't take long to type up.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » March 28, 2021, 9:26 am

glalt wrote:
March 28, 2021, 9:05 am
It's hard to believe that even after electing senile Uncle Joe, the democrats are still butt hurt and the goal is to undo everything Trump did, good or bad. What happened to the campaign promises to unite the country?
He's just putting back what Trump undid of Obama's, good or bad.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 28, 2021, 9:31 am

The good things are a matter of opinion and it's not worth my time to make the long list for you to belittle. In the near future you will see the damage democrats are doing to the country. It is robbing Peter to pay Paul and Peter will simply pass his higher tax expenses on to the consumers. Time will tell.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 9:38 am

glalt wrote:
March 28, 2021, 9:05 am
Too bloody funny. The Dems were butt hurt for four years after Hillary lost but they're STILL butt hurt after winning and handing Trump his ass?

You really need to try and find your own dismissive phraseology you know. Strive to pen something new and original. Witty is also good.

Oh, wait... You're a Republican. That does make being "new and original" all a bit of a Mission Impossible, doesn't it?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 28, 2021, 9:49 am

Because I think Trump was better than Uncle Joe, you think I am a republican? I am actually an independent and vote for the candidate regardless of the party. In years past, the republicans nominated a number of useless candidates. That's not to say that the democrats did much better. Voting party lines is just plain stupid. I do happen to be fairly conservative.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 9:53 am

^ If that's the case, you should get on with Ken like a house on fire, no?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 28, 2021, 10:22 am

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2021, 9:53 am
Actually, NO!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 28, 2021, 10:47 am

glalt wrote:
March 28, 2021, 9:49 am
Because I think Trump was better than Uncle Joe, you think I am a republican? I am actually an independent and vote for the candidate regardless of the party. In years past, the republicans nominated a number of useless candidates. That's not to say that the democrats did much better. Voting party lines is just plain stupid. I do happen to be fairly conservative.
The problem glalt is there are very few genuine independents and none who actually formulate and execute policy. I agree wholeheartedly that blindly voting along party lines ain't that good an idea. While I am centre left, I have voted for the Conservatives and last election for an independent rather than vote for either party, Morrison & Shorten were both duds in my view. Previous election I voted for Liesl Tesch in Gosford and what an outstanding representative she has turned out to be. Good and Bad on both sides, but gee, for Australia, I wish there were a lot more independents getting up and seeing the morally corrupt, factional major parties get a kick up the ar$e.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 10:52 am

glalt wrote:
March 28, 2021, 10:22 am
tamada wrote:
Actually, NO!
Amazing. I may be wrong (and I am sure Ken will correct me) but I believe he's not a died in the wool Democrat and considers himself more conservative. It's just the undeniable lurch to the more extreme Right has disenfranchised him.

Amazing how radicalization of politics BY BOTH SIDES totally eviscerates the middle ground where non-partisan negotiation and government by broad consent would have prevailed before.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » March 28, 2021, 11:36 am

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2021, 10:52 am
glalt wrote:
March 28, 2021, 10:22 am
tamada wrote:
Actually, NO!
Amazing. I may be wrong (and I am sure Ken will correct me) but I believe he's not a died in the wool Democrat and considers himself more conservative. It's just the undeniable lurch to the more extreme Right has disenfranchised him.

Amazing how radicalization of politics BY BOTH SIDES totally eviscerates the middle ground where non-partisan negotiation and government by broad consent would have prevailed before.
LOL, too funny tam. I am definitely moderate leaning to the right, but the GOP hasn't offered anything in a very long time, they have no vision. Although I agree with much of their ideology, I do not see eye to eye to the current Republican party because no matter how much b******* they spout, they have never been and never will be for the working class people. Although many of my views align with them, they have never done anything except destroy workers rights and their progress. The last administration was one of the worst I have ever seen in not only the attempt of any progress in helping the average American worker, but actually did things within the DOL, the EEOC, OSHA, and other government entities that are there to protect the American worker, instead they put individuals in there to bring down the labor workforce. And what he was attempting to do was Social Security, totally unacceptable. And I'm pro-choice, so that automatically excludes me from being a true Republican, LOL.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 11:42 am

^ So I wasn't too far off.

Would you have a beer with glalt? He reckons you're a lost cause already.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » March 28, 2021, 11:45 am

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2021, 11:42 am

LOL, I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Two things I don't do while I'm drinking, talk about politics or religion. Women, sports, travel, music, that's what I talk about when I drink, much more interesting.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 11:51 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
March 28, 2021, 11:45 am
tamada wrote:

LOL, I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Two things I don't do while I'm drinking, talk about politics or religion. Women, sports, travel, that's what I talk about when I drink, much more interesting.
That's a given. When someone at the bar points to whoever is POTUS on the television and states his opinion on the guy, then it's check-bin or move down the bar time for me.

But let's say you were in the bar and a mutual friend points out to you that the guy two barstools over is glalt Or maybe you find you've already been talking to him about women sports and travel?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » March 28, 2021, 11:57 am

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2021, 11:51 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
tamada wrote:

LOL, I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Two things I don't do while I'm drinking, talk about politics or religion. Women, sports, travel, that's what I talk about when I drink, much more interesting.
That's a given. When someone at the bar points to whoever is POTUS on the television and states his opinion on the guy, then it's check-bin or move down the bar time for me.

But let's say you were in the bar and a mutual friend points out to you that the guy two barstools over is glalt Or maybe you find you've already been talking to him about women sports and travel?
LOL, come on man, you're really trying to paint me the corner here aren't you? I would have no problem with that, but I don't think glalt could go 2 minutes before he started bitching about what is going on in the United States political scene.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 28, 2021, 12:23 pm

Glalt said

"I am definitely moderate leaning to the right"

Really?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 28, 2021, 1:03 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
March 28, 2021, 11:57 am
tamada wrote:
March 28, 2021, 11:51 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
tamada wrote:

LOL, come on man, you're really trying to paint me the corner here aren't you? I would have no problem with that, but I don't think glalt could go 2 minutes before he started bitching about what is going on in the United States political scene.
Your perception would be wrong. I do enjoy having a few beers, maybe sometimes too many but talking religion or politics does not make drinking beer enjoyable, thus, such talk is forbidden.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 3:10 pm

^ Alright glalt, you sound a reasonable bloke after all. Pretty sure that with few exceptions here on UM, most of make good company. It's fun watching out for the tongue-biters though.

It's your round BTW.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 31, 2021, 10:39 am

After all the off topic posts still waiting for the outrage posts on bidens treatment of immigrants at the border .Was massive outrage at trump over the photos of caged children even though they were obamas cages .
Was outrage at trumps collusion which was a hoax . Was outrage at trump telling a poll worker to find the fraud which was a lie .Outrage about his hair and weight.
Not one whimper on here about the inhuman and outrageous treatment and border policy which is lining the cartels pockets , causing children to be rented or sold to adults so they can enter usa , children dying crossing the river and from desease . not one post about the pipleline and loss of energy independence .Not one post about getting rid of the fillibuster , not one post about harris or biden not visiting the border and many more
The silence is deafening

Return to “U.S. Politics”