Witch Hunt part deux... The Second Impeachment

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Witch Hunt part deux... The Second Impeachment

Post by tamada » February 12, 2021, 1:05 pm

All I can say is Twitter's lifetime ban of Trump has made for an amazingly low-noise background to the start of the year let alone all this impeachment stuff. I ritually take in a couple of hours of Fox News daily (just to keep it fair and balanced) and they are bereft of any direct comments from 45 or any of his insiders. The best they can manage is talking to right wing pundits, political has-been's like Newt Gingrich and turning the Democrats current incitement to insurrection claims as hypocritical against a rather sparse background of the Dems calling voter fraud ever since the "hated one" was elected. Bizarrely enough, they gave Hillary Clinton more air time than any MSM outlet ever could. I guess they're an equal-opportunity political has-been enabler?

All I can say that the Democrats voiced their displeasure and arguably a semi-trailer of sour grapes and butt hurt was involved but at no time did they call on the nation to rise up in anarchy. They simply asked citizens to go and vote with their hearts (and not guns).

But I digress... How can it possibly be that all Trump's pipes are blocked? It must be doing his head in, no?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2021, 12:07 am

Senate votes to call witnesses. That's kinda shorted the, "exonerated by Monday" set, no?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 14, 2021, 12:23 am

not sure if i read correctly but its looking very much like DT will win the imp2 Pelosi the revenge sequel... i hope so , i think hes a great guy just miss understood.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 14, 2021, 4:33 am

Win? Who in the hell wins here? Five people are dead because some scumbag can't accept reality, and someone's on here talking about "winning"? What a f****** joke.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 14, 2021, 6:48 am

The whole thing was a farce and complete waste of time. A 2/3 majority vote was never going to happen.
Certainly hope future legal actions against this turd are more successful.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 14, 2021, 7:45 am

4 more years of partisan politics ,Putin congratulated trump on his acquittal so nothing changed there. Meanwhile the Chinese loving every minute of it. The race to be top dog just got easier as thanks to the american adversarial political system that creates chaos as politicians not voting for what's right ,voting to keep themselves in cushty jobs with no regard to the future of the american policy, and in 4 more years maybe the trumpeter will return with exactly the same policies as 2016. Build the pipeline ,stop immigrants and less tax for the american oligarchy's.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 14, 2021, 7:59 am

The show must go on

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2021, 8:36 am

It was never, ever going to succeed but winning the vote to call witnesses and then opting not to do so is the strongest sign the Dems have shown yet that it's time to move on from this shiitstain on America's history. For the forty three GOP dullards that went with the flow, it is the stellar opposite.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 14, 2021, 9:25 am

Trump still has a vice grip on the Republican party
Senators were put in the peculiar position of being victims of the Capitol assault, then jurors at Mr Trump's trial, while risking being targeted by the former president if they convicted him.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-14/ ... l/13149058

Why has Trump got his cronies by the balls (I'm sure Marjorie Taylor Greene has em as well)? Can't be out of pure loyalty to the party, I'm thinking he must have some sort of "blackmail" material on all but 7 of them!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 14, 2021, 9:30 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
February 14, 2021, 9:25 am
Senators were put in the peculiar position of being victims of the Capitol assault, then jurors at Mr Trump's trial, while risking being targeted by the former president if they convicted him.

Why has Trump got his cronies by the balls (I'm sure Marjorie Taylor Greene has em as well)? Can't be out of pure loyalty to the party, I'm thinking he must have some sort of "blackmail" material on all but 7 of them!
Just maybe they think he did a good job.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 14, 2021, 9:35 am

fatbob wrote:
February 14, 2021, 9:30 am
Bandung_Dero wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: good point
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 14, 2021, 9:42 am

Although I don't normally deal in "what ifs", I do wonder what would have happened if any of those individuals who stormed the US Capitol on January 6th and they had iactually gotten a hold of Pence or any of the GOP senators and did serious harm to them, what would Mitch McConnell's or Lindsey Graham's position be then?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 14, 2021, 9:43 am

But then again, the five people who did die were all irrelevant, right? Just a few "nobody's".

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 14, 2021, 9:53 am

well, the policeman Sicknick who died the day after the was made relevant. The others were part of the mob with one being shot point blank by a Capitol policeman with no significant media followup..
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 14, 2021, 9:54 am

but now that the Impeachment trial is finished with Trump acquitted we'll have to see how many other Republicans will now come out like McConnel to lambast Trump's actions on that day and attempt to push him out of the limelight.
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2021, 10:01 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 14, 2021, 9:42 am
Although I don't normally deal in "what ifs", I do wonder what would have happened if any of those individuals who stormed the US Capitol on January 6th and they had iactually gotten a hold of Pence or any of the GOP senators and did serious harm to them, what would Mitch McConnell's or Lindsey Graham's position be then?
In that scenario, I guess they would be pondering what position they may get offered in Trump's PRC (Patriots Revolutionary Council).

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 14, 2021, 10:02 am

fatbob wrote:
February 14, 2021, 9:30 am
<Snip>
Are you saying that in jest?
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, who voted "not guilty," in the trial, offered scathing remarks about Trump after the verdict.

"There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day," he said. "The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2021, 10:09 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 14, 2021, 9:53 am
well, the policeman Sicknick who died the day after the was made relevant. The others were part of the mob with one being shot point blank by a Capitol policeman with no significant media followup..
I reckon the right wing media did a great job of avoiding the poison chalice of defending their "innocent victim" veteran who was legally killed by law enforcement while participating in a riotous illegal assembly and ignored peace officers with weapons drawn. Especially after her own footprints on social media indicated that she was just another one of those Qanon nutjobs.

You can't defend stupid.

Oh, wait...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2021, 10:27 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:

Your answer is in your question. Trump firmly grasped the GOP's shriveled nutsack in 2015 when he won their nomination for President against a field of unimpressive career politicians. The ensuing five years have simply seen him tightening the vice. There was never any possibility of the Republican majority NOT giving him a free pass on both impeachment charges and disenfranchise their biggest vote count ever.

The fact that this genie is out of the bottle is of their own making. Therefore it is up to them and not the Democrats to solve the problem. They can stand with him and his voters and lurch backwards into isolation and the global insignificance of MAGA. Or they can cast him adrift whereupon he takes his huge voter base with him, forms his Patriots Party (or whatever) and casts the Republicans into a political wilderness of biblical proportions.

Ultimately it's "we, the people" that has the most to offer in resolving America's existential crisis while at the same time having the most to lose.
Last edited by tamada on February 14, 2021, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 14, 2021, 10:30 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 14, 2021, 9:53 am
Not according to 43 GOP senators.

Return to “U.S. Politics”