USA on the edge

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1375
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

USA on the edge

Post by Whistler » April 18, 2020, 9:45 pm

Trump's response and back-off about his authority to order the re-opening of American commerce is to mobilise his most ardent supporter, not mainstream republicans. The extreme right wing has bad gun nuts, racists, anti Progressive policies, conspiracy theorists etc.....a very volatile mixture of gun toting extremists.

Trump has called on them to revolt. I have a huge concern that in the coming days we are going to see protests get out of hand, some in these groups are itching for a new revolution. Trump has lit the fuse.

Not a spark that is needed in these dark times.

Gee, I hope I am wrong.


lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 926
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by Kenr6583 » April 18, 2020, 10:41 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 18, 2020, 9:45 pm
Trump's response and back-off about his authority to order the re-opening of American commerce is to mobilise his most ardent supporter, not mainstream republicans. The extreme right wing has bad gun nuts, racists, anti Progressive policies, conspiracy theorists etc.....a very volatile mixture of gun toting extremists.

Trump has called on them to revolt. I have a huge concern that in the coming days we are going to see protests get out of hand, some in these groups are itching for a new revolution. Trump has lit the fuse.

Not a spark that is needed in these dark times.

Gee, I hope I am wrong.
You are not wrong. It is chaos here right now. The only states that he is calling out are the ones with Democrat governors. This POTUS is sick and demented.

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12030
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by jackspratt » April 18, 2020, 11:01 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 18, 2020, 10:41 pm

You are not wrong. It is chaos here right now. The only states that he is calling out are the ones with Democrat governors. This POTUS is sick and demented.
It's just mind blowing, isn't it. :shock:

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 926
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by Kenr6583 » April 19, 2020, 1:36 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 18, 2020, 11:01 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
April 18, 2020, 10:41 pm

You are not wrong. It is chaos here right now. The only states that he is calling out are the ones with Democrat governors. This POTUS is sick and demented.
It's just mind blowing, isn't it. :shock:
It's actually pretty f****** disgusting. If this is not a dictatorship, I don't know what is. He is acting like a game show host, this is nothing but a game to him.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4847
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: USA on the edge

Post by Khun Paul » April 19, 2020, 7:04 am

Did any sane thinking American expect anything else from this man ( P Trump ) , if they did they are deluded as many were who voted for him in the first place

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 926
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by Kenr6583 » April 19, 2020, 7:14 am

And the $2 trillion stimulus money being paid out, he is now changing the rules and now will keep secret which companies receive monies and how much they receive. He doesn't want the public to know how much money he and his family businesses receive.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7245
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: USA on the edge

Post by tamada » April 19, 2020, 7:16 am

Nuthin' wrong with gettin' all down home 'n' folksy now is there?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 926
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by Kenr6583 » April 19, 2020, 7:18 am

Has anyone ever seen the video by Genesis for the song "Land of Confusion"? If not, watch the video and replace Reagan with Trump. This is where we are at right now.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7245
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: USA on the edge

Post by tamada » April 19, 2020, 7:20 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 19, 2020, 7:14 am
And the $2 trillion stimulus money being paid out, he is now changing the rules and now will keep secret which companies receive monies and how much they receive. He doesn't want the public to know how much money he and his family businesses receive.
Now it's classified information, no need for it to go to any companies or businesses no? Two trillion gets you loads of votes and it's not Isaan we're talking about either.

tigerryan
udonmap.com
Posts: 549
Joined: February 26, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: USA on the edge

Post by tigerryan » April 19, 2020, 7:24 am

Whistler did you just just say Trumps extremely right wing “anti progressive policies”. Yes I agree with you that he’s anti progressive policies yet hardly extreme about it just look at the last spending bill. I’m a right winger and I still consider Trump a Democrat from New York and frankly doing better than Hillary would be doing at this point IMO. It’s not like the guy represents anything but roughly a consensus view of Americans hardly radical in the context of our polity.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7245
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: USA on the edge

Post by tamada » April 19, 2020, 7:49 am

And there we have it, the "but Hillary" deflection appears alive and well over 4 years from when it was first raised as a dismissive excuse for one man's vanity and a nation's disillusionment with Washington's business as usual.

tigerryan
udonmap.com
Posts: 549
Joined: February 26, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: USA on the edge

Post by tigerryan » April 19, 2020, 8:25 am

No deflection here Tamada. Hillary's went to Trumps wedding and as I have said before I think Trump is a New York Democrat Hillary and Trump are about the same thing from my perspective and bias. I voted for Trump because he was going to win and I knew he was going to win, and I like him more than Hillary. The US is in a major pinch right now and clearly the rest of the world is also. The expansion of the federal balance sheet, frigging half of the workers going on the dole, wall street being bailed out again and the housing and oil markets set to crash things could get ugly. I have my guns, my treasure not wrapped up in fiat currency and I have land in the States that my neighbors will respect to the end. I have family, god and lots of great stories and lots of ammo lol. I served my country in the military I have lived a good life and frankly if the wheels come off the bus I don't care I will do just fine.

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1313
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by mickojak » April 19, 2020, 8:59 am

tigerryan wrote:
April 19, 2020, 8:25 am
The US is in a major pinch right now and clearly the rest of the world is also.
Tiger,
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
To fix a mess like this will take guts and big balls.
Trump was the only candidate.

Like him, or hate him, he does love America and he is trying his best.
He was voted in for that, and should be respected for that and allowed to proceed.

If he succeeds or not, only time will tell.

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2168
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: USA on the edge

Post by glalt » April 19, 2020, 9:16 am

Blame Trump, hate trump, that's how many on this forum see things. How can anyone in their right mind blame one man for this disaster? I had posted before that people would not take kindly to being locked down. China has a huge advantage because no one would defy their heavy handed government. The US is not China. Already the citizens are rebelling against their governors. Most of the protests are aimed at democrat governors. Trump has wisely left it up to individual states to regulate restrictions. At least some people hate the rules and openly defy them. No one has a fail safe answer how to beat this thing, I suspect that the virus will run its course and the weakest among us will die.

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12030
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by jackspratt » April 19, 2020, 10:20 am

glalt wrote:
April 19, 2020, 9:16 am
I had posted before that people would not take kindly to being locked down. China has a huge advantage because no one would defy their heavy handed government. The US is not China.

Already the citizens are rebelling against their governors.

Most of the protests are aimed at democrat governors. Trump has wisely left it up to individual states to regulate restrictions.
Why do you see this as a binary thing involving just China and the USA?

Many other 1st world, liberal, democratic countries are using lock-down policies to very successfully contain the corona virus.

More American exceptionalism? :confused:

cjd01
udonmap.com
Posts: 438
Joined: May 19, 2015, 8:53 am

Re: USA on the edge

Post by cjd01 » April 19, 2020, 10:34 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 19, 2020, 10:20 am
glalt wrote:
April 19, 2020, 9:16 am
I had posted before that people would not take kindly to being locked down. China has a huge advantage because no one would defy their heavy handed government. The US is not China.

Already the citizens are rebelling against their governors.

Most of the protests are aimed at democrat governors. Trump has wisely left it up to individual states to regulate restrictions.
Why do you see this as a binary thing involving just China and the USA?

Many other 1st world, liberal, democratic countries are using lock-down policies to very successfully contain the corona virus.

More American exceptionalism? :confused:
Yes another with no right of opinion
snipe snipe

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2168
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: USA on the edge

Post by glalt » April 19, 2020, 10:42 am

China is where this disaster started. The US is my home country and will always come first and foremost in my mind. I can't deny the fact that we have many morons among our population. I am also of the opinion that isolation is the best way to stop this virus. That problem with that is it takes a lot of discipline for that to work and far left liberals and especially the young resent the government having any control over them. Thailand is now my home and the Thai government has far more control over the population than first world countries.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com
Posts: 335
Joined: March 14, 2006, 2:51 am
Location: London or Udon

Re: USA on the edge

Post by tinpeeba » April 19, 2020, 2:29 pm


User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13035
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: USA on the edge

Post by stattointhailand » April 19, 2020, 5:29 pm

Indian News report o "Trump made crisis"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswP8y8c04k

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 926
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: USA on the edge

Post by Kenr6583 » April 19, 2020, 6:50 pm

glalt wrote:
April 19, 2020, 10:42 am
I am also of the opinion that isolation is the best way to stop this virus. That problem with that is it takes a lot of discipline for that to work and far left liberals and especially the young resent the government having any control over them.
You do understand that what you are saying is the opposite of what is happening, right? The POTUS is telling his far right conservative cult followers to revolt against Democratic state governors for their stay-at-home orders. It's the POTUS who is leading a revolt against state government, not far left liberals. So who has the discipline?

Post Reply

Return to “U.S. Politics”