anefarious1
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by anefarious1 » April 2, 2020, 12:45 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 1, 2020, 5:30 pm
I have many American friends.
Most very successful businessmen.
None of then are remotely close to being "DUMB".

They all love Donald Trump because he is re-making America into what it once was, a powerful and respected country.

Its amazing how many people can criticize his leadership during one of the most important times in US history.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when leading the country through times like this there are many, many areas and ramifications to consider with each decision made.

As for Trumps odds, its a bargain.
He's not just going to win, but he will annihilate the democrats.
Very few of them will hold there seats.
Time will tell, but i've posted it now, so I look forward to after the election to see what comments come back at me.
I don't think there will be many.
Mick
You live in a fantasy world like the other Trump supporters. He is the definition of a despicable human being: While thousands of people are dying he brags about his popularity on Facebook. This kind of behavior is the norm with him, happens nearly every day!
Last edited by anefarious1 on April 2, 2020, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 2, 2020, 1:43 pm

Best president since Reagan -- making America great again.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 2, 2020, 1:55 pm

Im not on facebook.
How can i brag about it?

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 2, 2020, 2:51 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 2, 2020, 12:39 pm
Being an American, I can assure you that anything Trump has done to benefit anyone he has benefitted 10x over. He has put this country in self-destruct mode, with both the budget and deficit skyrocketing out of control. Any president would be considered a success if they just printed and handed out money. But you are right, I believe Trump will be re-elected, and then the real fun begins. Remember, somewhere down the road someone is going to have to pay for all of this irresponsible spending.
Ken, I would like to break this statement down and comment.
anything Trump has done to benefit anyone he has benefitted 10x over. I have never known any President that has not greatly benefited from being President
He has put this country in self-destruct mode, with both the budget and deficit skyrocketing out of control. If I recall, it was the Democrats who racked up and left Donald Trump some $20 billion in debt which has accrued during one of Americas most prosperous 10 year periods in history.
Any president would be considered a success if they just printed and handed out money. Yep, that's what Obama did which helped accrue all that debt.
Remember, somewhere down the road someone is going to have to pay for all of this irresponsible spending. Considering the above comments regarding the debt accumulation, are you trying to convince me that a Democrat elected president would reduce the debt, especially in the light of a unprecedented and totally unpredictable global pandemic. They couldn't even save money when times were good.

As Albert Einstein said; Doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

That seems to be the position of democratic voters.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2020, 3:15 pm

noosard, my reference was well after the hiccup you described, Trump lusts after authoritarian rule, his inner circle interpret the power of POTUS being way beyond White House staff, and way beyond what The Republican Party has ever done in the past .

For those that think Trump will romp it in his November, there will be a lot of reckoning between now and then. There is a saying that 24 hours is a long time in politics, there are a lot of those 24 hour periods between now and then.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 2, 2020, 3:19 pm

As for spending Ole Donny Boy is doing well and with this Virus I expect the Moon will be the target for when it comes to spending
FY 2021 - $1.177 trillion projected
FY 2020 - $1.181 trillion projected OH BOY add a few TRILLION
FY 2019 - $1.203 trillion
FY 2018 - $1.271 trillion

Obama
Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74% increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

FY 2017 - $671 billion
FY 2016 - $1.423 trillion
FY 2015 - $327 billion
FY 2014 - $1.086 trillion
FY 2013 - $672 billion
FY 2012 - $1.276 trillion
FY 2011 - $1.229 trillion
FY 2010 - $1.652 trillion
FY 2009 - $253 billion. Congress passed the Economic Stimulus Act, which spent $253 billion in FY 2009.9 This rare occurrence should be added to President Obama's contribution to the debt.

Now the WINNER we have to go back a few years

Rockin Ronny
Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, a 186% increase from the $998 billion debt at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.

FY 1989 - $255 billion
FY 1988 - $252 billion
FY 1987 - $225 billion
FY 1986 - $297 billion
FY 1985 - $256 billion
FY 1984 - $195 billion
FY 1983 - $235 billion
FY 1982 - $144 billion

AND The Winner for percentage increase and we alll should know why
Franklin D. Roosevelt: Added $236 billion, a 1,048% increase from the $23 billion debt at the end of Hoover's last budget, FY 1933.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 2, 2020, 3:37 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 2, 2020, 2:51 pm

If I recall, it was the Democrats who racked up and left Donald Trump some $20 billion in debt which has accrued during one of Americas most prosperous 10 year periods in history.
That would be January 2007 - January 2017.

Were you asleep during the GFC of 2007 - 2009?
Any president would be considered a success if they just printed and handed out money. Yep, that's what Obama did which helped accrue all that debt.
See above
As Albert Einstein said; Doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
No, he didn't actually - according to any reliable source.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 2, 2020, 4:18 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 2, 2020, 2:51 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
April 2, 2020, 12:39 pm
Being an American, I can assure you that anything Trump has done to benefit anyone he has benefitted 10x over. He has put this country in self-destruct mode, with both the budget and deficit skyrocketing out of control. Any president would be considered a success if they just printed and handed out money. But you are right, I believe Trump will be re-elected, and then the real fun begins. Remember, somewhere down the road someone is going to have to pay for all of this irresponsible spending.
Ken, I would like to break this statement down and comment.
anything Trump has done to benefit anyone he has benefitted 10x over. I have never known any President that has not greatly benefited from being President
He has put this country in self-destruct mode, with both the budget and deficit skyrocketing out of control. If I recall, it was the Democrats who racked up and left Donald Trump some $20 billion in debt which has accrued during one of Americas most prosperous 10 year periods in history.
Remember, somewhere down the road someone is going to have to pay for all of this irresponsible spending. Considering the above comments regarding the debt accumulation, are you trying to convince me that a Democrat elected president would reduce the debt, especially in the light of a unprecedented and totally unpredictable global pandemic. They couldn't even save money when times were good.

That seems to be the position of democratic voters.
Are you serious? What previous president took a salary from businesses they owned while still in office and frequented their own establishment at the taxpayer expense?

The budget and deficit skyrocketed in the beginning of Obama's administration due to the recession caused by Bush and took several years to recover. Trump inherited a strong economy, gave tax breaks to corporations claiming it would have a trickle-down effect, but in fact all these corporations used their money they saved with stock buyback, not expanding, which gave us a false stock market. And Trump's budget and deficit increase has occurred during, as he claims, "the greatest economy ever".

Not sure what greatest 10 year period you are referring to. The economy crashed here in 2008 and took a couple years to recover. I should know, I lost half my money in my TSP.

All these facts have occurred before the pandemic occurred.

By the way, I'm not a Democrat, so try again.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2020, 4:50 pm

Based on raw facts Ken 100% correct. Now the US faces a crazy growth in debt, the tax cut to big business has not been replaced with 'trickle down' economic growth dividends. The rich got richer and the government is now in deep doggy doo.

Happy for Mickojak to quote actual figures to prove me wrong, but facts mate, not opinion. When you do so, don't cheery pick 2016 onward, growth trends and unemployment trends all improved significantly under the Obama recovery years. Trump inherited an economy clearly on the mend.

You might want to refer to this older post on this forum

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=50695&p=557616#p557616
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2020, 6:08 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 1, 2020, 5:30 pm
I have many American friends.

None of then are remotely close to being "DUMB".

Mick
https://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow/v ... 160181460/

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 2, 2020, 6:20 pm

Whistler.
Good to see your sense of humor during these trying times. \:D/

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 2, 2020, 6:52 pm

Trump did get something out of this pandemic that he had always wanted, 0% - .25% interest rates. That's saving him and his buddies millions of dollars in interest on loans.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2020, 7:08 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 2, 2020, 6:20 pm
Whistler.
Good to see your sense of humor during these trying times. \:D/
Schadenfreude, irresistible

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 2, 2020, 7:44 pm

Schadenfreude, irresistible

Nope,

I hope you don't play poker.
You give your hand away too early

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 2, 2020, 8:01 pm

55, tell my poker mates that, they just might disagree.

https://www.highstakesdb.com/9201-how-t ... -face.aspx

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 3, 2020, 7:54 am

200,000 dead and the economy down the toilet. Trump re-elected? The Americans will be doing well even to have an election.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 3, 2020, 8:16 am

Be fair GT93. Trump didn't create Covit 19, he just ****** up its arrival in the USA

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 3, 2020, 9:13 am

My monies on Trump to bound in on re- election, as it was last time..He may be unorthodox, brash, rude, love locker room chat, or whatever, but alot of people like that, and he has a way making the other person look bad in a face to face debate.Hilary didnt stand a chance, nor will Joe or Bernie..He of all people became President of the USA, he weathered the Metoo storm, and an impeachment, and every other underhanded trick to unseat him..He has a 50/50 chance..my money is on him.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 3, 2020, 9:44 am

On the betfair exchange

Donald Trump $2.08
Joe Biden. $2.42

If you fancy an outsider

Hilary Clinton 70-1
Michelle Obama. 270-1
Ivanka Trump. 430-1

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 3, 2020, 12:11 pm

I would not say underhanded trick, as he himself used his OFFICE to stop, harry and generally thwart a democratic process aided and abetted by his sycophantic Senators.

Take them away and he emerges just as he is a lying two-faced manipulator or as one Senator said a MORON .

Return to “U.S. Politics”