US Presidential election odds

mickojak
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by mickojak » December 18, 2020, 12:42 pm

Mosquito wrote:
December 17, 2020, 10:20 pm
Also, worth noting that both the Senate and House majority vote is required for a challenge to be upheld
I don't believe that statement is totally correct.

The interview with Anthony Kern was either not listened to, or misunderstood.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 18, 2020, 1:13 pm

mickojak wrote:
December 18, 2020, 12:42 pm
Mosquito wrote:
Also, worth noting that both the Senate and House majority vote is required for a challenge to be upheld

You don't believe anything that does not match your uninformed view on reality, mosquito is not only correct but is easily verified by doing the most rudimentary research
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 18, 2020, 2:29 pm

mickojak wrote:
Mosquito wrote:

So, why don't you provide some info on how it's not totally correct. It's simple to verify, that what you believe (and what's factually accurate.

6 Jan's Congressional Session.
Electoral Votes can be contested and thrown out, if both the House and Senate majority reject them. In the case where neither candidate has the required 270 votes.....this happens!!

What happens if no presidential candidate gets 270 electoral votes?
If no candidate receives a majority of electoral votes, the Presidential election leaves the Electoral College process and moves to Congress.

The House of Representatives elects the President from the 3 Presidential candidates who received the most electoral votes. Each State delegation has one vote and it is up to the individual States to determine how to vote. (Since the District of Columbia is not a State, it has no State delegation in the House and cannot vote). A candidate must receive at least 26 votes (a majority of the States) to be elected.

The Senate elects the Vice President from the 2 Vice Presidential candidates with the most electoral votes. Each Senator casts one vote for Vice President. (Since the District of Columbia is has no Senators and is not represented in the vote). A candidate must receive at least 51 votes (a majority of Senators) to be elected.

If the House of Representatives fails to elect a President by Inauguration Day, the Vice-President Elect serves as acting President until the deadlock is resolved in the House.

Then, If the House is unable to elect a President by the January 20 inauguration day, the 20th Amendment
provides that the Vice President-elect would act as President until the impasse is resolved. If
neither a President nor Vice President has been chosen by inauguration day, the Presidential
Succession Act applies, under which the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the President
pro tempore of the Senate, or a Cabinet officer, in that order, would act as President until a
President or Vice President qualifies.
(Nancy as temporary President horror story).

Link, if you require a solid reference:
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/exp ... e-disputes

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 18, 2020, 7:35 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 18, 2020, 1:13 pm
mickojak wrote:
Mosquito wrote:
You don't believe anything that does not match your uninformed view on reality, mosquito is not only correct but is easily verified by doing the most rudimentary research
Mosquito wrote:
December 18, 2020, 2:29 pm
Link, if you require a solid reference: https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/exp ... e-disputes
See also 3 USC §§15-18 and this research paper on the issue from the Congressional Research Service: https://crsreports.congress.gov/product ... RL32717/12.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 18, 2020, 7:45 pm

This raining on the Trumpniks is particularly impressive considering it's dry season.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 18, 2020, 8:34 pm

mickojak wrote:
December 18, 2020, 5:16 pm
I think I know more about what's actually going on than they do, and things will unfold during the next few weeks.
Just sitting and waiting.
You can look at your own track record before making statements about others. by your own admission, you will not honour a wager even though you acknowledge that Trump has lost and cannot overturn anything on Jan 6.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 18, 2020, 9:56 pm

Off-topic posts removed.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 18, 2020, 11:49 pm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 19, 2020, 12:16 am

Udon Map wrote:
December 18, 2020, 9:56 pm
Off-topic posts removed.
Ar thank the lord buddha for that.. , i think the odds on the POTUS are pretty much done n dusted.

BTW.......Having known Mickojak for numerous years i can confirm despite being an Aussie he is a runnathamill really nice family man ..the thought or accusations that he is some short of rapist loving nutjob is ridiculous , he aint no bogan either ..possibilby the ranting member ort to spend some of his winnings on a visit to the shrink.

Its that time of year .. to many sponging relatives bannork moonshine n morlan sends you crazy ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 19, 2020, 7:28 am

Thanks for the kind words DM

Whistler wrote;
you will not honour a wager even though you acknowledge that Trump has lost and cannot overturn anything on Jan 6.

Please re-post where I acknowledged that Trump had lost!

The bet was about who would win the presidency, and currently 7 states have cast dual votes in the electoral college, meaning neither side has 270 confirmed votes at this present time.

You can believe what you want, and so can I, so lets just wait and see what Jan 6th brings.

And I repeat, when Biden swears on the bible and takes the oath he has won.
Not 1 second before

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 19, 2020, 7:55 am

mickojak wrote:
December 19, 2020, 7:28 am

Whistler wrote;
you will not honour a wager even though you acknowledge that Trump has lost and cannot overturn anything on Jan 6.

The bet was about who would win the presidency, and currently 7 states have cast dual votes in the electoral college, meaning neither side has 270 confirmed votes at this present time.

You can believe what you want, and so can I, so lets just wait and see what Jan 6th brings.

Not 1 second before
Guess there's hope that Biden might die before 20 Jan 2021 and you'll be able to wiggle out of the wager on a technicality (par for the course). Though, thought the bet was just that Biden would win....that would make the 6 Jan 2021 the official ruling (reading back a few posts, that does seem to be the case).

At least, you have acknowledged the bet and I assume will payout after 20 Jan.

Hey, just seen a YouTube video and OAN confirmed it......that Biden won't officially be considered President until after he's served 100 days in office. Maybe you can use that as your next goal post. Just Kidding!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 19, 2020, 8:18 am

Mosquito wrote:
December 19, 2020, 7:55 am
mickojak wrote:

Whistler wrote;

Not 1 second before
Guess there's hope that Biden might die before 20 Jan 2021 and you'll be able to wiggle out of the wager on a technicality (par for the course). Though, thought the bet was just that Biden would win....that would make the 6 Jan 2021 the official ruling (reading back a few posts, that does seem to be the case).

At least, you have acknowledged the bet and I assume will payout after 20 Jan.

Hey, just seen a YouTube video and OAN confirmed it......that Biden won't officially be considered President until after he's served 100 days in office. Maybe you can use that as your next goal post. Just Kidding!!!
Mossie, it was not about Jan 20, the bet was who wins the election, that is done and dusted. Everybody else has settled. Mick is just being a smartar$e, he sits in his house near NWS fire station and feels comfortable thumbing his nose at reality and decency

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 19, 2020, 9:11 am

mickojak wrote:

Whistler wrote;

Not 1 second before
LOL

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 19, 2020, 9:29 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 19, 2020, 9:11 am
mickojak wrote:

Whistler wrote;

Not 1 second before
LOL
Ken, obviously Mickojak's definition is superior to the US constitution.

Every betting agency and all of the other people who took on my offer have paid up, but Mick kinda goes into hiding, although he was seen yesterday afternoon driving near the NWS market.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 19, 2020, 1:04 pm

mickojak wrote:

Whistler wrote;

Not 1 second before
There are no dual casting votes. The publicity stunt by the Republicans has zero legal basis, only the governor of each state can send a delegation, only democrat nominees were sent from the states Trump is trying to usurp.

You obviously rely on The Epoch times and other crazy sources, who simply make up these lies.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 19, 2020, 2:46 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 19, 2020, 9:11 am
mickojak wrote:

mickojak wrote: ↑December 17, 2020, 3:13 pm
Oh, dear!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZNXdl8038&t=39s
Well, at least theoretically, there could still be a different result come January 6th. That said, however, it's worth noting that Senator McConnell (Republican leader in the Senate) has accepted that Joe Biden is the President-Elect and has been urging Republican senators not to challenge the vote on January 6th. Obviously no such challenge will get anywhere in the House given that the Republicans are a minority there.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 19, 2020, 3:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 18, 2020, 11:49 pm
The Sound of Music

A particularly appropriate modification to the original song (completed by the backdrop to the film with its relevance to the continuing fight against the evils of fascism).

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 19, 2020, 7:04 pm

I made a simple wager with a few guys, I never expected to see what happened.

A bet on a hand shake is an honourable thing. Not quite a physical handshake, but a close thing. Honesty and integrity is something that makes us feel good. What has happened is dirty, mickojak has soiled that simple act of decency.

I don't want that wager to be paid now, the 5000 bhat is dirty. Give it to some charity, or forget it it, I really don't care. I have seen the ugly face of our society that no longer has values that I once took for granted.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 19, 2020, 8:22 pm

So he fudged on a Bet Whistler do we need to keep reminded?? Move on with the true thread not squabbleing on a bet we don't care.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 19, 2020, 8:24 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 19, 2020, 7:04 pm
I made a simple wager with a few guys, I never expected to see what happened.

A bet on a hand shake is an honourable thing. Not quite a physical handshake, but a close thing. Honesty and integrity is something that makes us feel good. What has happened is dirty, mickojak has soiled that simple act of decency.

I don't want that wager to be paid now, the 5000 bhat is dirty. Give it to some charity, or forget it it, I really don't care. I have seen the ugly face of our society that no longer has values that I once took for granted.
This is my final post on this unfortunate and disgraceful subject.

Return to “U.S. Politics”