Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by tamada » December 4, 2020, 6:09 am

glalt wrote:
December 3, 2020, 9:23 pm
tamada wrote:
December 3, 2020, 8:45 pm
glalt wrote:
November 29, 2020, 8:24 am
You haters (you know who you are) will miss Trump. You will no longer be able to post because you will have nothing to complain about.
We're not haters. We're just smarter.

Infinitely so.
That's quite debatable. I have a different opinion, totally opposite yours.
The difference is we accept that you have a different opinion from us but we don't hate you for it.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 4, 2020, 6:52 am

Getting caught up:

Won't go into the intelligence debate, believe it should be more of a reality/fact base verses fantasy/conspiracy base debate.

On Election Finalization:
Whistler's Timeline:
- December 8, all declarations finalised (the important ones have already been certified), no more BS lawsuits, all declarations are irrevocable.
- December 14, Electoral college is convened and definitive results from college confimed, this cannot be reversed.
- January 20 is simply handover day.

You missed a few steps:
- December 23. The electors' ballots from all states must be received by the president of the Senate (VP Pence).
* anyone see some game playing with delivery process?? also, highlighted "must"
- January 6. The House and Senate hold a joint session to count the electoral votes.
* more game playing expected, as electoral votes can be contested. however, don't see it effecting Biden's win.
* (very very unlikely, but if enough votes are contested / tossed out so Biden drops below 270 the House
would elect the president. Each state delegation has one vote and it takes 26 votes to win.)

January 20th, Inauguration Day is just a formality/ceremony.

Thus, to be fair the actual finalization of the 2020 Presidential Election Results would at the completion of the "January 6, The House and Senate joint session to count the electoral votes/Finalize the Election."

Reference:
https://abc13.com/what-happens-between- ... 0/7871286/

Reference for Trump Supports (Simple Korean TV version), as both me and DM love satire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f13lfZW-a8s

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 4, 2020, 7:00 am

^ So you mean everyone's favorite grimace Mike Pence could go AWOL on the day he's supposed to sign for the results? Like one of dragonz's missing lazada drops, or a DHL (or was it FedEx?) package mysteriously gets delayed again?

All good info there Mos, you've probably cheered up dm no end.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 4, 2020, 9:11 am

Mosquito wrote:
December 4, 2020, 6:52 am
Getting caught up:

Won't go into the intelligence debate, believe it should be more of a reality/fact base verses fantasy/conspiracy base debate.

Whistler's Timeline:
- December 8, all declarations finalised (the important ones have already been certified), no more BS lawsuits, all declarations are irrevocable.
- December 14, Electoral college is convened and definitive results from college confimed, this cannot be reversed.

You missed a few steps:
- December 23. The electors' ballots from all states must be received by the president of the Senate (VP Pence).
- January 6. The House and Senate hold a joint session to count the electoral votes.
* more game playing expected, as electoral votes can be contested. however, don't see it effecting Biden's win.
* (very very unlikely, but if enough votes are contested / tossed out so Biden drops below 270 the House
would elect the president. Each state delegation has one vote and it takes 26 votes to win.)

Thus, to be fair the actual finalization of the 2020 Presidential Election Results would at the completion of the "January 6, The House and Senate joint session to count the electoral votes/Finalize the Election."

Reference:

Reference for Trump Supports (Simple Korean TV version), as both me and DM love satire.
Thanks Mossie, my view is the shenanigans make no difference to the result, From your statements, Dec 14 should (but with Trump you never know) be the definitive, non reversable tipping point.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 4, 2020, 10:04 am

tamada wrote:
December 4, 2020, 7:00 am
^ So you mean everyone's favorite grimace Mike Pence could go AWOL on the day he's supposed to sign for the results? Like one of dragonz's missing lazada drops, or a DHL (or was it FedEx?) package mysteriously gets delayed again?

All good info there Mos, you've probably cheered up dm no end.
:D :lol: =D>
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 4, 2020, 11:18 am

Whistler wrote:
December 4, 2020, 9:11 am
Mosquito wrote:
Getting caught up:

Whistler's Timeline:

You missed a few steps:

Reference:

Thanks Mossie, my view is the shenanigans make no difference to the result, From your statements, Dec 14 should (but with Trump you never know) be the definitive, non reversable tipping point.
Whistler would agree with you, BUT the Democrats suck at predicting how low the WH/Republicans will stoop (yes, surprising as it is after what's been going on over the past 4 years and especially over the last 4 weeks)....thus they are always reactive vice pro-active in heading off potential problems that are outside the norm or illegal.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 4, 2020, 12:02 pm

Mosquito wrote:
December 4, 2020, 11:18 am
Whistler wrote:
December 4, 2020, 9:11 am
Mosquito wrote:
Getting caught up:

Whistler's Timeline:

You missed a few steps:

Reference:

Whistler would agree with you, BUT the Democrats suck at predicting how low the WH/Republicans will stoop (yes, surprising as it is after what's been going on over the past 4 years and especially over the last 4 weeks)....thus they are always reactive vice pro-active in heading off potential problems that are outside the norm or illegal.
I would suggest the the Dems are well aware of how low the GOP can go under Trump's tutelage but they won't resort to the puerile name-calling and baiting that is redolent of the last four years of Trump's bombastic demagoguery. They'll leave that to those recently made redundant.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 4, 2020, 12:12 pm

When push came to shove, Republicans baulked at extreme steps like over ruling validated vote counts. They did certify results while defending accusations of fraud. There is frankly no wriggle room after Dec 8 with all certified counts lodged. This date will also be the sunset date for these frivolous court filings.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » December 4, 2020, 1:03 pm

Keep an open mind.

https://www.newsmaxtv.com/

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 4, 2020, 2:15 pm

Malc
Keep an open mind about What???
Saw How Hitler and Eisihowser gave their troops drugs and how the Christian Jew Association what donations to feed and medicine for some of their People

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 4, 2020, 2:41 pm

malc123 wrote:
December 4, 2020, 1:03 pm
Keep an open mind.

https://www.newsmaxtv.com/
Fox Deux.

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » December 4, 2020, 3:48 pm

[quote=Doodoo post_id=598630 time=1607066143 user_id=49139]
Malc
Keep an open mind about What???
Saw How Hitler and Eisihowser gave their troops drugs and how the Christian Jew Association what donations to feed and medicine for some of their People
[/quote]

I was looking at other news outlets.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 5, 2020, 7:50 am

Really NewsMax, yea that's a reliable/non-biased/purely fact based news source (Satire, of course).

On Tamada:
"I would suggest the the Dems are well aware of how low the GOP can go under Trump's tutelage but they won't resort to the puerile name-calling and baiting that is redolent of the last four years of Trump's bombastic demagoguery. They'll leave that to those recently made redundant."
First, not talking name calling or baiting...............talking about political and judicial actions by the WH/Republicans that are out of the norm and don't hold any legal merit. Those that stretch and even extend beyond the Constitution.
They respond vice actively heading off theses actions, after it's already been consumed and accepted as fact/legal by Trump's supporters.

On Whistler:
"When push came to shove, Republicans baulked at extreme steps like over ruling validated vote counts. They did certify results while defending accusations of fraud. There is frankly no wriggle room after Dec 8 with all certified counts lodged. This date will also be the sunset date for these frivolous court filings."
Hope you're correct, but I can't help waking up every morning worried about it. Don't think I'll sleep soundly until after January 6, U.S. House and Senate Confirms/Certifies the Election.

Do doubt this statement.
"This date will also be the sunset date for these frivolous court filings."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 5, 2020, 8:21 am

...talking about political and judicial actions by the WH/Republicans that are out of the norm and don't hold any legal merit. Those that stretch and even extend beyond the Constitution.
They respond vice actively heading off theses actions, after it's already been consumed and accepted as fact/legal by Trump's supporters.
But they don't need to respond to the trolling nature of the Republican's claims because to do so simply feeds the troll in the White House.

The died-in-the-wool, MAGA believer will see ANY sort of engagement with those making these unfounded and meritless legal challenges as further proof of their validity. These people accept the facts before they've even been made up.

The Republicans have also floated the "argument" that if the Dems have nothing to hide, they shouldn't fear the challenges. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. If they say nothing, they're guilty, if they challenge, they've got something to hide.

It's a bit like the old, "Don't wrestle with a pig" or "Don't argue with an idiot" admonishments. I prefer, "Give a man enough rope" myself.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 5, 2020, 12:20 pm

https://youtu.be/-PXCEW620W8

Not sure we needed a doctor to tell us this

This report brought to you from.somewhere near the Cambodian border ..

Dm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 5, 2020, 12:51 pm

Sorry meant to post 2 links ..heres the second

https://youtu.be/JNV8OTV_eTY

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 5, 2020, 4:18 pm

From my understanding, this double veficiation of signature is BS. I read the description of the process and it appears to be the identical process to that used in Australia.

Postal. Others get two envelopes. The ballot paper is in a plain envelope, no markings. This is in line with votes being confidential.

The outer envelope is signed, barcoded etc. It is signed and witnessed on the outside of the envelope. The system is designed to ensure this is from a legitimate voter, the voter id then recorded as having voted. This envelope is then stored seperate to the ballot.

All plain ballot envelopes are then processed

So, it is. It not possible to relink both envelopes as Trump's lawyers are demanding.

The whole thing is BS.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 5, 2020, 4:51 pm

tamada wrote:
December 5, 2020, 8:21 am
...talking about political and judicial actions by the WH/Republicans that are out of the norm and don't hold any legal merit. Those that stretch and even extend beyond the Constitution.
But they don't need to respond to the trolling nature of the Republican's claims because to do so simply feeds the troll in the White House.

The died-in-the-wool, MAGA believer will see ANY sort of engagement with those making these unfounded and meritless legal challenges as further proof of their validity. These people accept the facts before they've even been made up.

The Republicans have also floated the "argument" that if the Dems have nothing to hide, they shouldn't fear the challenges. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. If they say nothing, they're guilty, if they challenge, they've got something to hide.

It's a bit like the old, "Don't wrestle with a pig" or "Don't argue with an idiot" admonishments. I prefer, "Give a man enough rope" myself.
All of the above are reactive in nature, I'm talking about heading off the BS. Getting someone like Pete on Fox (again) or even CNN, and clearly explain the process going forward....including all the possible crazy tactics that the WH/Republicans could use. Talking about shooting the pig, so you don't have to wrestle with it. Get the weak minded thinking about stuff logically (maybe logic is wishful thinking), before they get feed the BS. Yea, not that it'll help......but can't believe all the Americans who voted for Trump are completely brained washed.
Going on a weak mind will often lock onto the first thing they hear about a topic, thus making it easier for them to dismiss follow-on information..................especially if they are giving enough time to process the initial information.

On "Give a man enough rope", I agree......but (yea, another but) Trump followers are way more likely to hang someone then the players across the aisle (qualify this, once Biden is in office tables maybe turned....legally speaking).

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 5, 2020, 6:06 pm

Yep, all of a sudden Mitch McConnell is now worried about the budget and deficit. Now that Trump is out and there is a Democratic president, can't spend any more money. F****** hypocrites. The GOP wants to go back now and be fiscally responsible. LOL.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 5, 2020, 6:21 pm

Nearly 300,000 dead from Covid. What has Trump done ore ee attemted to face a press conference about it since he lost. He would rather be on the Golf Course then face the American People who he let down.

Return to “U.S. Politics”