U.S. Politics

Post Reply
User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » August 7, 2020, 1:09 am

The US is in crisis. Saturday 1 August:

Image

President Trump playing golf at Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, Va



User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » August 9, 2020, 2:10 pm

Trump gets a couple of tough questions from reporters and does a runner yet again:

Image

What a pussy. :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by jackspratt » August 9, 2020, 5:01 pm

I can understand the Bloated Orange Bullshittter getting in a huff - the reporter had the temerity to call him out for the first time, after he repeated a clearly provable lie for about the 150th time.

=D>

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3036
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by papafarang » August 9, 2020, 5:14 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 9, 2020, 2:10 pm
Trump gets a couple of tough questions from reporters and does a runner yet again:

Image

What a pussy. :lol:
Oh may god that 100-7 is a bitch of a question :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 801
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Kenr6583 » August 10, 2020, 2:08 am

Well it's over. Trump, being the idiot he is, actually came out and said that if he is re-elected he will eliminate the payroll tax permanently. Even though he does not have the authority to do so under the Constitution, his arrogance in this case thinking he can do whatever he wants will be his demise. He's in self-destructive mode.

Mosquito
udonmap.com
Posts: 645
Joined: November 23, 2009, 4:19 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Mosquito » August 10, 2020, 4:55 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
August 10, 2020, 2:08 am
Well it's over. Trump, being the idiot he is, actually came out and said that if he is re-elected he will eliminate the payroll tax permanently. Even though he does not have the authority to do so under the Constitution, his arrogance in this case thinking he can do whatever he wants will be his demise. He's in self-destructive mode.

Don't think it's over:
Executie Order: political play/unconstitutional.................but Trump Supporters and lower IQ citizens will buy that it's the Democrats fault that these orders are overturned.
PayRoll Tax either forgiven / eliminated if re-elected: not sure about forgiving the payroll tax (think it's possible with congressional approval)/eliminating the payroll tax (haven't fact checked, if he actually said this.....but wouldn't be surprised). Again, Trump Supporters and lower IQ citizens will buy it.
Note: US has an increasing # of lower IQ citizens, guess I should say gullible citizens to be more politically correct.

US politicians have always used promises to get votes, just seems to me that Trump's taking it to a different level.

Under 3 months to the election, thinking the desperate re-election stupidity/lies are just starting.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 801
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Kenr6583 » August 10, 2020, 5:59 am

Mosquito wrote:
August 10, 2020, 4:55 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
August 10, 2020, 2:08 am
Well it's over. Trump, being the idiot he is, actually came out and said that if he is re-elected he will eliminate the payroll tax permanently. Even though he does not have the authority to do so under the Constitution, his arrogance in this case thinking he can do whatever he wants will be his demise. He's in self-destructive mode.

Don't think it's over:
Executie Order: political play/unconstitutional.................but Trump Supporters and lower IQ citizens will buy that it's the Democrats fault that these orders are overturned.
PayRoll Tax either forgiven / eliminated if re-elected: not sure about forgiving the payroll tax (think it's possible with congressional approval)/eliminating the payroll tax (haven't fact checked, if he actually said this.....but wouldn't be surprised). Again, Trump Supporters and lower IQ citizens will buy it.
Note: US has an increasing # of lower IQ citizens, guess I should say gullible citizens to be more politically correct.

US politicians have always used promises to get votes, just seems to me that Trump's taking it to a different level.

Under 3 months to the election, thinking the desperate re-election stupidity/lies are just starting.
Actually what Trump said was that the payroll taxes would be "deferred" until the end of the year, which means it would paid at some point by the employer, which means the employer might withhold it but not actually give it to the employee because they would have to pay it at some point, but then says if he is re-elected he will eliminate the payroll tax, which constitutionally he cannot do. This is his attempt to eliminate social security and Medicare benefits, which, as you stated, most of his supporters probably don't even realize. But constitutionally, he is overstepping his authority, because he does not have the power to enact this.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » August 11, 2020, 8:27 am

I read Trump said that he is considering accepting the Republican presidential nomination with a speech at Gettysburg. :lol:

That would surely help rally the anti-Trump voters in November. Trump is totally bonkers.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12920
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by stattointhailand » August 11, 2020, 12:16 pm

Oi GT that's not being very nice to those of us in the "totally bonkers" fraternity [-X

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » August 11, 2020, 2:23 pm

Paul Krugman was more specific and recently wrote:
But recent interviews and inside reporting make it clear that [Trump] really is completely out of his depth, with no understanding of either the epidemiological or the economic reality we face.

At a moment of crisis America is cursed with a president who is incompetent, deeply ignorant, yet so personally insecure that he surrounds himself with people who tell him he’s a universal genius.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/10/opin ... e=Homepage

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Whistler » August 11, 2020, 4:32 pm

The Donald at the Vatican

Donald took a quick trip to Rome to show his concern for the Pope:

"I met with Pope Francis today. He's a really great pope — great, great pope. You know he's the leader of the Catholic Church — big church.

"I couldn't believe it when he told me how many Catholics there are. Way more than I thought. They have churches all over the world; some are very, very close (so close) to my hotels and golf courses. He tells me he's elected for life, probably copying that Xi guy in China. Fantastic idea, though. Fantastic. It turns out the pope is a lot like me, you never see him with his wife.

"He told me he's infallible. I said that's great, you'll never have to worry about breaking a hip. And told me about a Mary Magdalene, beautiful girl, beautiful. Apparently a hooker. I asked him for her number. Didn't catch his answer. I'm told he said it in Latin. I give the guy credit because he doesn't look Latino.

"He took me into the Sistine Chapel. Beautiful ceiling. Not the usual white stucco stuff. I don't think too many people even know about this place. The paintings are great, I'm telling you. Lots of colours.

"The Pope (great guy, by the way, knows more about the Bible than almost anybody — we got along great, I think he really likes me) told me the whole thing was painted by this young Italian. I think his name is Mike Langelo. "At least that's what Francis (we're great friends) called him, I think. Trust me, we're going to hear more about this guy. He's really artistic, and everybody tells me I have the greatest eye for the best art. It's natural, just like my incredible understanding of science. All the renowned scientists say they can't believe it.

"I told Frank I'd like to buy some of Mike's art. I asked if Mike's done anything on velvet. He'll check (great guy). I'll hang his stuff at Mar-a-Lago or Trump Tower. This Mike guy needs more exposure. He's too much with the churches. "He could paint my presidential portrait on the Capitol Dome. Or maybe a mural on
my big, beautiful border wall; but just on our side.

"When we left, the pope gave me a bible. Huge book. (Huge.) I told him I have the full set. You get one for free every time you take a porn star to a hotel room."

[pauses]

"Unbelievable. Just heard. The lamestream media is at it again. Fake news. (Fake news.) I just saw something on TV. They claim Mike the painter died 450 years ago. Sad. I've already got people looking into this and you won't believe what they're finding."
there were two Churchills, one did not play for the Rabbitohs

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 801
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Kenr6583 » August 11, 2020, 7:39 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2020, 4:32 pm
The Donald at the Vatican

Donald took a quick trip to Rome to show his concern for the Pope:

"I met with Pope Francis today. He's a really great pope — great, great pope. You know he's the leader of the Catholic Church — big church.

"I couldn't believe it when he told me how many Catholics there are. Way more than I thought. They have churches all over the world; some are very, very close (so close) to my hotels and golf courses. He tells me he's elected for life, probably copying that Xi guy in China. Fantastic idea, though. Fantastic. It turns out the pope is a lot like me, you never see him with his wife.

"He told me he's infallible. I said that's great, you'll never have to worry about breaking a hip. And told me about a Mary Magdalene, beautiful girl, beautiful. Apparently a hooker. I asked him for her number. Didn't catch his answer. I'm told he said it in Latin. I give the guy credit because he doesn't look Latino.

"He took me into the Sistine Chapel. Beautiful ceiling. Not the usual white stucco stuff. I don't think too many people even know about this place. The paintings are great, I'm telling you. Lots of colours.

"The Pope (great guy, by the way, knows more about the Bible than almost anybody — we got along great, I think he really likes me) told me the whole thing was painted by this young Italian. I think his name is Mike Langelo. "At least that's what Francis (we're great friends) called him, I think. Trust me, we're going to hear more about this guy. He's really artistic, and everybody tells me I have the greatest eye for the best art. It's natural, just like my incredible understanding of science. All the renowned scientists say they can't believe it.

"I told Frank I'd like to buy some of Mike's art. I asked if Mike's done anything on velvet. He'll check (great guy). I'll hang his stuff at Mar-a-Lago or Trump Tower. This Mike guy needs more exposure. He's too much with the churches. "He could paint my presidential portrait on the Capitol Dome. Or maybe a mural on
my big, beautiful border wall; but just on our side.

"When we left, the pope gave me a bible. Huge book. (Huge.) I told him I have the full set. You get one for free every time you take a porn star to a hotel room."

[pauses]

"Unbelievable. Just heard. The lamestream media is at it again. Fake news. (Fake news.) I just saw something on TV. They claim Mike the painter died 450 years ago. Sad. I've already got people looking into this and you won't believe what they're finding."
Okay, pretty f****** funny. The sad part is it's not too far from reality, and that's scary.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3534
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by vincemunday » August 12, 2020, 5:48 am

Good or bad?

BBC News - Biden VP pick: Kamala Harris chosen as running mate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53739323
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 2803
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » August 12, 2020, 7:03 am

Good that Biden finally made a choice AND HE KEPT A PROMISE of choosing a woman as a VP running mate.

Bad well we will see how the media treats her and what dirt they can dig up.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » August 12, 2020, 7:25 am

Good luck to Harris.

I'm still stunned at that Axios interview and how ill-informed and unintelligent Trump is. He just isn't intelligent enough or engaged enough to be President.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 801
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Kenr6583 » August 12, 2020, 9:18 am

GT93 wrote:
August 12, 2020, 7:25 am
Good luck to Harris.

I'm still stunned at that Axios interview and how ill-informed and unintelligent Trump is. He just isn't intelligent enough or engaged enough to be President.
Shouldn't be surprised GT93, this guy has had tunnel vision since day one. When a guy has spent his whole life being surrounded by "Yes Men", he's never had anyone to carry on or engage in an intelligent conversation with him. His whole life he's had people around him that fear him, not respect him.

Mosquito
udonmap.com
Posts: 645
Joined: November 23, 2009, 4:19 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Mosquito » August 12, 2020, 9:32 am

Trump can't seem to buy votes without getting a piece for himself in the mix, ie.....reducing the tax on the middle income (if re-elected) and also the capital gains tax (mainly benefiting the rich, upper middle class).

Have to say for a moron he's doing a good job at buying votes and playing his supporters.

Don't like Biden or Harris, why can't the Democrats come up with a better ticket?? Since their sticking to the same old same out, I'd call the election a 50/50 shot.
Also, a bit disappointed the Democrats can't seem to get ahead of Trump. Not like they didn't see all his expected moves, or at least should of seen/planned for them. Tired of them playing catch up/defense when Trump's playbook is pretty obvious and predictable.

Mosquito
udonmap.com
Posts: 645
Joined: November 23, 2009, 4:19 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Mosquito » August 12, 2020, 9:59 am

Mosquito wrote:
August 12, 2020, 9:32 am
Trump can't seem to buy votes without getting a piece for himself in the mix, ie.....reducing the tax on the middle income (if re-elected) and also the capital gains tax (mainly benefiting the rich, upper middle class).

Have to say for a moron he's doing a good job at buying votes and playing his supporters.

Don't like Biden or Harris, why can't the Democrats come up with a better ticket?? Since their sticking to the same old same out, I'd call the election a 50/50 shot.
Also, a bit disappointed the Democrats can't seem to get ahead of Trump. Not like they didn't see all his expected moves, or at least should of seen/planned for them. Tired of them playing catch up/defense when Trump's playbook is pretty obvious and predictable.

Predictions:
- Across the board tax reduction, if re-elected. Works better for buying votes, if you include 2020 in the reduction.
- 3% or more payraise for the military, regardless of GDP/COLA Calculations, if re-elected.
- (out there, but what the heck) Increase in Social Security Benefits, where the $$ will come from who knows.
- Program/Funds for Coal Miners, worked in 2016 why not try it again. if re-elected.
- Propose crazy military budget increase, if re-elected. Standard Republican Election Promise.
- Reduction on Corporate Tax, if re-elected.
- (out there) Border wall with Canada, if re-elected.
- (out there) Promise to annex Iceland or was it Greenland, maybe both. if re-elected.
- Nationwide Pay Increase / Minimum Wage for Professional (doctors, teachers, emergency service personal, and nurses). if re-elected.

Ok, have to run.....Mother's Day Shopping :cry: :cry:

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12920
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by stattointhailand » August 12, 2020, 1:13 pm

0% sales tax on mothers day gifts ?

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4730
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Khun Paul » August 14, 2020, 7:18 am

WEell there we have it, admission from the man-child ,TRUMP, he is deliberately witholding cash for the Postal service to stop more Postal Ballots , so he is scared and trying his level best by fair means or foul to thwart a fair election . What a silly boy , someone have a spare pistol with one bullet to give him. Save us all a lot of trouble .

Post Reply

Return to “U.S. Politics”