U.S. Politics

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Whistler » December 7, 2022, 1:14 pm

Thanks for the correction Mozzie, you are right

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 7, 2022, 2:38 pm

Glalt
"I would hope that one or both parties will come up with decent candidates who will be smart enough to straighten up the mess the country has become. "

What is the meaning behind "to straighten up the mess the country has become. "?
What is the "mess" that has been created in the US

One must know what the problem first and agreed upon before one can fix it

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 7, 2022, 4:45 pm

Doodoo wrote:
December 7, 2022, 2:38 pm
Glalt
"I would hope that one or both parties will come up with decent candidates who will be smart enough to straighten up the mess the country has become. "

What is the meaning behind "to straighten up the mess the country has become. "?
What is the "mess" that has been created in the US

One must know what the problem first and agreed upon before one can fix it
Problems in USA

Open Immigration Policy - No such thing, Biden's policy is almost exactly the same as the GOP was before (minus separating children from parents and placing kids in cages)

Price of Energy - Biden's fault or worldwide issue with Russia and OPEC flexing their muscles, commerce in USA is NOT investing in fossil fuels. 6000 exploration approvals are not being taken up by the fossil fuel industry

Deficit - Was going down under Obama, shot through the roof as a result of tax cuts for the rich and COVID knocking the heck out of national budgets

Inflation - Same as deficit

Crime - was rising under Trump at a rate of knots, almost inevitable when economy tanks, crime always rises.

Unemployment - at record lows, was plummeting under Obama and the trend stayed on track prior to COVID.

Biden is no star, but he has been solid, foreign policy is less confrontational, Climate change is an agenda item. Plus he does not lie through his teeth everytime he opens his mouth

Biden has in fact managed to pass some pretty sound legislation to boost health and infrastructure against a hostile GOP playing scorched earth.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 7, 2022, 4:56 pm

I will wait for Glalt's response

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 7, 2022, 7:56 pm

In the meantime, how could anyone see the Bloated Orange Bullshiittter as anything but Mr Kiss of Death?

And I am including cultists, and deplorable Republican voters, in this question.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 7, 2022, 9:04 pm

Doodoo wrote:
December 7, 2022, 4:56 pm
The border is out of control, energy prices are too high and inflation is making everything more expensive. Government is too big and spending money they don't have. Crime is getting worse and police are not able to do their jobs. They risk their lives arresting people and the criminals are back on the street the next day.

Are things better or worse since Biden took over?

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 7, 2022, 9:48 pm

glalt wrote:
December 7, 2022, 9:04 pm
Doodoo wrote:
The border is out of control, energy prices are too high and inflation is making everything more expensive. Government is too big and spending money they don't have. Crime is getting worse and police are not able to do their jobs. They risk their lives arresting people and the criminals are back on the street the next day.

Is any country better post global pandemic and Russian invasion of Ukraine?? Doubt it!!!!

Any country not feeling the negative effects of higher energy costs and inflation?? Saudi Arabia might be one, but still their inflation rate is 2.7% with a GDP growth of 7.6% (expect this is mainly due to increase in gas prices due to Russian invasion of Ukraine).

On Crime. Definitely a problem, but crime rate has been fairly stable (though increasing) since the big jump in 2020.
Wonder who was President in 2020??
U.S. crime rate & statistics for 2020 was 6.52, a 28.64% increase from 2019.
* Do see an increase of Police Officers being arrested and being found guilty for various crimes, that's a good thing right??

As someone previously pointed out....U.S. Border policies haven't changed much since Trump left office, and President Biden's Open Border Policy is BS (that some people bite hook line and sinker).
They also act amazed that millions of migrants (mainly from South America) are trying to get into the U.S.. Why wouldn't they with all the economic problems people in South American Countries are going thru post Global Pandemic??

Tip: I usual look at the whole apple tree, before I pick the apple that I want. I also look for any snakes that might be hiding waiting to take a bite outta me. Oh, I also clean the apple before eating it....just incase there is some bird ---- or bug ---- residue.
* bit crude, but most people should be able to get my meaning..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 8, 2022, 7:15 am

tamada wrote:
December 7, 2022, 12:18 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
December 7, 2022, 11:05 am
I watch American politics just because you could not write the humorous and often bizarre script. The main players are mainly one penny short of a nine bob note and the cast are pure sycopants`with issues . whenever you hear the MAGA Public and more so the so-called elected officals be they Congressmen/women or even heaven help us Aenators, you really wonder at the level of intelligence3 of the American Public .

Good reading and often listening to the pure rubbish emanating from their twisted logic and HATE if it is not kept in check there will be major problems. Their agenda has nothing to do with looking after the people rather looking after themselves and seeking retribution. Over 300 million people subject to their childish and often petty actions... Goid Help America as the Americans seem unable to see the wood from the trees.
Do you actually know any Americans personally?
YES , family members, and on a purely personal note, what the hell has it got to do with you ??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2022, 8:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 8, 2022, 7:15 am
tamada wrote:
December 7, 2022, 12:18 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
December 7, 2022, 11:05 am
I watch American politics just because you could not write the humorous and often bizarre script. The main players are mainly one penny short of a nine bob note and the cast are pure sycopants`with issues . whenever you hear the MAGA Public and more so the so-called elected officals be they Congressmen/women or even heaven help us Aenators, you really wonder at the level of intelligence3 of the American Public .

Good reading and often listening to the pure rubbish emanating from their twisted logic and HATE if it is not kept in check there will be major problems. Their agenda has nothing to do with looking after the people rather looking after themselves and seeking retribution. Over 300 million people subject to their childish and often petty actions... Goid Help America as the Americans seem unable to see the wood from the trees.
Do you actually know any Americans personally?
YES , family members, and on a purely personal note, what the hell has it got to do with you ??
Not many then. Thought so.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 8, 2022, 9:28 am

Mosquito wrote:
December 7, 2022, 9:48 pm
glalt wrote:
Doodoo wrote:

Is any country better post global pandemic and Russian invasion of Ukraine?? Doubt it!!!!

Any country not feeling the negative effects of higher energy costs and inflation?? Saudi Arabia might be one, but still their inflation rate is 2.7% with a GDP growth of 7.6% (expect this is mainly due to increase in gas prices due to Russian invasion of Ukraine).

On Crime. Definitely a problem, but crime rate has been fairly stable (though increasing) since the big jump in 2020.
* Do see an increase of Police Officers being arrested and being found guilty for various crimes, that's a good thing right??

As someone previously pointed out....U.S. Border policies haven't changed much since Trump left office, and President Biden's Open Border Policy is BS (that some people bite hook line and sinker).
They also act amazed that millions of migrants (mainly from South America) are trying to get into the U.S.. Why wouldn't they with all the economic problems people in South American Countries are going thru post Global Pandemic??

Tip: I usual look at the whole apple tree, before I pick the apple that I want. I also look for any snakes that might be hiding waiting to take a bite outta me. Oh, I also clean the apple before eating it....just incase there is some bird **** or bug **** residue.
High oil prices are a major cause of inflation. May I remind you of what Biden did on his first day in office? He listened to the Greenies and stopped a major pipeline that was well into construction. He changed oil drilling laws and he is blaming Russia for the price increases. The US went from an oil exporter to an importer. Now he is tapping into the strategic oil reserves. Oil companies are now being asked to increase production, they don't trust him and how can we blame them?

The great border wall was stopped and now take a look at the porous border.

Writing off student loans is another example of throwing money away.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 8, 2022, 9:55 am

Thanks Glalt
Why would Energy companies want a lower oil price? Cant see it them wanting to tell their stock holders. So they produce less, raising the price
As for the keystone pipeline I disagree that it was well into construction "In July, a U.S. Supreme Court decision further delayed the Keystone XL project. Taken together, those 94.4 miles are 8% of the 1,210 planned miles, meaning it was nowhere near complete"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2022, 10:10 am

glalt wrote:
December 8, 2022, 9:28 am
Mosquito wrote:
December 7, 2022, 9:48 pm
glalt wrote:
Doodoo wrote:

Tip: I usual look at the whole apple tree, before I pick the apple that I want. I also look for any snakes that might be hiding waiting to take a bite outta me. Oh, I also clean the apple before eating it....just incase there is some bird **** or bug **** residue.
High oil prices are a major cause of inflation. May I remind you of what Biden did on his first day in office? He listened to the Greenies and stopped a major pipeline that was well into construction. He changed oil drilling laws and he is blaming Russia for the price increases. The US went from an oil exporter to an importer. Now he is tapping into the strategic oil reserves. Oil companies are now being asked to increase production, they don't trust him and how can we blame them?

The great border wall was stopped and now take a look at the porous border.

Writing off student loans is another example of throwing money away.
Nope. You're still not listening.

Or maybe you've never really stopped listening to the 'alternative fact' brigade?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 8, 2022, 11:01 am

My opinions are based on what I see happening. When you have dug yourself into a deep hole, the first thing to do is to stop digging. If people ran their personal finances the way the government runs the countries finances, many people would be bankrupt. Any recovery will no doubt be painful and honest politicians who tell the truth will not be elected. The situation today is certainly not looking optimistic.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 8, 2022, 11:20 am

There is no fuel shortage in the United States. Stopping the pipeline has not caused the spike in fuel prices. The permits has not caused the spike in fuel prices. The oil company’s themselves have stated they don’t have the capability to store the oil, so they don’t drill more. They don’t drill more so they can keep prices high and continue to reap record profits every quarter based on speculations, not supply and demand. They are a cartel and are acting as such.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 8, 2022, 11:27 am

Any country would be bankrupt today.
The one place that runs with almost 0 deficient is Hong Kong, surprising
The country with the highest debt, surprisingly is the USA

https://www.debtfreeadventure.com/are-t ... 0to%20this.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 8, 2022, 11:35 am

It really is a waste of time responding to glalt on these issues.

The facts have been pointed out to him here time and time again, and he is either too ignorant to understand, or chooses to ignore - just a different form of ignorance.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2022, 11:36 am

glalt wrote:
December 8, 2022, 11:01 am
My opinions are based on what I see happening. When you have dug yourself into a deep hole, the first thing to do is to stop digging. If people ran their personal finances the way the government runs the countries finances, many people would be bankrupt. Any recovery will no doubt be painful and honest politicians who tell the truth will not be elected. The situation today is certainly not looking optimistic.
I am not disrespecting your opinions.

However, your grasp on domestic pipelines, the US oil industry as a whole and its place in the world is tainted. As Ken has already said, the things of what you complain had nothing whatsoever to do with gas prices. The price at the pump just just dropped precipitously (apart from Hawaii) and what has caused that? The creaking and groaning US refineries, that haven't been expanded since the 1970's, completed seasonal R&M and simply started refining more. It's always been there, in tanks, in the strategic stockpile and wholly INSIDE the USA all the time.

As for walls solving anything...

The global economy is tanking and it's up to the leaders of individual nations to best serve their own people. It's an unprecedented mess so needs teamwork and working with your Allies, not against them. All I have seen from the newly empowered Republican House is 'get Hunter'.

Quite recently, the UK gave the free world a stellar example of what happens when you allow total, self-serving right-wing idiots loose to govern, set fiscal and immigration policies and thumb their noses at reason, regulatory authority and the simple rights of their fellow human beings. They're still at it by the way but thankfully they are quitting en-masse two years ahead of the UK's next 'great reckoning' as they know you can't be assholes and win for ever.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 8, 2022, 11:53 am

Try these facts on for size.

U.S. Oil companies have around 9000 land drilling permits (already approved thru the Federal Govt), that they aren't using.

Trump and Abbot allowed the sale of America's LARGEST Oil Refinery to Saudi Arabia in 2017.

So, for any Trump supporter to complain about gas prices in the U.S. is hypocrisy at it's best (near best, as Trump supporters always seem to trump their previous best hypocrisy with outright lies and finger pointing for problems they have/helped caused or aren't doing anything to fix).

Lastly, Border Wall....what border wall????
As of December 2020, the total funding given for new fencing was about $15 billion, a third of which had been given by Congress while Trump had ordered the rest taken from the military budget. This funding was intended to build new fencing over 738 miles (1,188 km), at a cost of about $20 million per mile; this would cover a little more than half the approximately 1,300 mi (2,100 km) that had no fencing when Trump took office.[53][54]

A March 2021 review of the Trump work on the wall found only 47 miles (76 km) of new barriers where none had previously existed. While Trump had described the new wall as "virtually impenetrable", it was found that smugglers had repeatedly sawed through the wall with cheap power tools. Also, new dirt roads that had been used to access the wall construction served as new access roads for smugglers.[55]

YEA, 15 BILLION IN TAX PAYERS MONEY WASTED.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 8, 2022, 12:05 pm

USA NEW Refineries or added capacity No matter what you call it it is more oil through the pipes.

"However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2022, it had a capacity of 585,000 b/cd.

Capacity has also been added to existing refineries through upgrades or new construction. Some recent examples of large increases include:

In 2012, Motiva upgraded its refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, making it the largest U.S. refinery, with a capacity of 626,000 b/cd as of January 1, 2022 adding 325,000 barrels per day ( a sizeable throughput of a new refinery)
In 2015, Valero expanded its Corpus Christi, Texas refinery after previous expansions, bringing its capacity as of January 1, 2022, to 290,000 b/cd.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 8, 2022, 12:39 pm

Yea, that refinery you mentioned.

Port Arthur, Texas refinery, U.S. Largest Refinery 100% owned by Saudi Arabia.

Return to “U.S. Politics”