U.S. Politics

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Whistler » November 18, 2020, 6:42 pm

Mosquito wrote:
November 18, 2020, 5:13 pm
Trump Breaks Promise To Never Share Troop Deployment Plans | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPd239-syzQ
I have a problem with this? Does anybody have one single reason to believe what he says?

Here is the clue.....his lips are moving, ergo he is lying!

Will you step into my parlour
said the spider to the fly
Its the prettiest parlour that you ever did spy
No thanks Mr longshanks
I have ever fish to fry

So many dumb flies, only one spider with bad hair.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 19, 2020, 7:52 am

From the Independent on-Line a serious look at many Republicans in the USA, thought provoking report :

Here’s the deal: Until they accept all the results of the free and fair 2020 US election — not just their down-ballot victories — and universally deride the Trumpian delegitimization of President-elect Joe Biden, the Republicans need to be identified by their correct party affiliation, which is A for Autocrat — not R for Republican.

Let’s start using the accurate nomenclature: Mitch McConnell (A-KY), John Thune (A-SD), Roy Blunt (A-MO), Lindsey Graham (A-SC), James Lankford (A-OK), and so on. In a position that can only be described as autocratic, Republicans want to assert local GOP victories and deny Biden’s victories in the same states based on the affiliation, and increasingly based on the race, of the voters.

The defiance of the presidential election results by Majority Leader McConnell, Minority Leader McCarthy, the vast majority of their Congressional caucuses, and the US General Services Administration, which should have already ascertained President-elect Biden’s status, is a traitorous betrayal of our Republic. The GOP silence and the insistence by Secretary of State Pompeo and Vice President Pence that they would deny the will of the American people should not be dismissed as merely delusional. This is something far more nefarious and inimical to America’s stability.

When Senator Graham calls the Georgia Secretary of State and encourages him to discard the votes of Democrats, that is criminal, unethical, and the stuff of autocracy. When the Trump campaign directs the local Wayne County Board of Canvassers to deny certification of the cities and towns where a majority of Black voters reside (a gamble which ultimately didn’t pay off) that is autocracy. This isn’t a partisan game of chicken. As Nancy Kaffer of the Detroit Free Press tweeted about the efforts to overturn Michiganders’ voices, a majority of whom voted for Biden-Harris by over 100,000 votes: “This is unprecedented in my 20 years covering government”.

When Trump sues to have Nevada annul its Electoral College results because he lost the state, that is autocracy. When the campaign wants to throw out Pennsylvania absentee ballots because they advantage Democrats who wanted to avoid contracting Covid at the polls and infecting their neighbors, that is autocracy. And when they let the baseless conspiracies about fraud run rampant at the instruction of their reality-denying cult leader, Donald Trump, Republicans are correctly identified as the Autocratic Party.

The idea that Republicans can deny election results — and still serve the Republic, believe in Republicanism, and be called Republicans — is a farce. The GOP has claimed for years to make the distinction between their creed of republicanism as compared to raw democracy, arguing that their liberalism was democratic republicanism and not purely democratic. This was a convenient way for them to hold on to minoritarian rule. But now we see they believe in neither republicanism nor democracy. We know that because they are refusing to accept the system of the Electoral College when they don’t win the required 270 votes. This is, of course, in addition to the party’s complete disregard of the popular vote and its significance in preserving fundamental fairness.

For years, Republicans have likewise touted federalism and the rights of individual states and local communities on which the national government ought not infringe. Apparently, this doesn’t apply to Democratic-governed districts or voters — or when they simply don’t win elections, as in the case of Georgia.

Now, Republicans want to quite literally invade the processes of municipalities. It follows a similar autocratic pattern when the Trump administration, at the suggestion of Jared Kushner, effectively denied American people in “blue states” and “blue cities” critical PPE during the early stages of the pandemic — as well as Trump’s continued threat to not release a vaccine to New York.

So the Republicans believe in Republicanism when they win — and only when they win? No, that’s what autocrats do. Autocrats believe in Republicanism only when they win.

It’s why we ought to be calling them the Autocrats, at least until they cease their rank abuse of the legal system to try to discount the votes of America’s cities and suburbs, which overwhelmingly favored Biden-Harris to Trump-Pence. Simply stated, a Party of Autocracy is working to disintegrate any semblance of union in the United States of America.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 19, 2020, 8:08 am

^ Thanks for that KP.

For clarification, this is an op ed piece, link below.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/mi ... 28752.html

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 20, 2020, 12:06 pm

Update:

Trump Legal Challenges currently 0-30 (not including timeline and feet closer suits, both of which had no effect on vote count/results).

Side Note: For those that blanket believe Trump or his Lawyers fraud claims on face value, can you pls hold off posting them at least until they are actually before a judge and evidence provided in court (0-30, so assume this isn't to much to ask). Only asking, as a safety note for your benefit..............has to suck looking stupid or a gullible fool.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » November 20, 2020, 12:19 pm

Mosquito wrote:
November 20, 2020, 12:06 pm
Update:

Trump Legal Challenges currently 0-30 (not including timeline and feet closer suits, both of which had no effect on vote count/results).

Side Note: For those that blanket believe Trump or his Lawyers fraud claims on face value, can you pls hold off posting them at least until they are actually before a judge and evidence provided in court (0-30, so assume this isn't to much to ask). Only asking, as a safety note for your benefit..............has to suck looking stupid or a gullible fool.
Yeah but all the judges are also part of the swamp or deep state or evil cabal that Trump is working to expose. Send money to help! LOL

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 20, 2020, 1:06 pm

Small side track, but if you watch the full video you'll get the political side of this.

VERY GOOD VIDEO on Social Security.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW1Lk0_j1Pg

Note:
PayRoll Tax
* Covered this before on why Trump wanted to defer/forgive PayRoll taxes for his benefit (employer 6.2%).
Biden Proposed Tax Plan (no tax increase for those making under 400k, fare share for those making more
than 400k) effect on SS.

Personally, I still have 2 more years before I can collect SS and luckily I have a military retirement that is more than enough to live off (here in Thailand). However, would like to get some of the money I've already paid into SS over the 32 years of employment (30 years military, 2 years of summer jobs).

Don't see any Administration getting rid of SS, but reduction in benefits in 10-15 years very likely.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 21, 2020, 6:36 am

Georgia Vote Certification Completed Today.
Michigan and Penn on Monday
Arizona by 30 Nov 2020

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2020, 8:50 pm

While the United States was doing "America First", many countries around the world were aligning and signing trade agreements, some the United States pulled out of several years ago. Looks like we will be out in no man's land on an island by ourselves for the unforeseeable future.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 22, 2020, 9:15 am

Mosquito wrote:
November 20, 2020, 1:06 pm
Small side track, but if you watch the full video you'll get the political side of this.

VERY GOOD VIDEO on Social Security.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW1Lk0_j1Pg

Note:
PayRoll Tax
* Covered this before on why Trump wanted to defer/forgive PayRoll taxes for his benefit (employer 6.2%).
Biden Proposed Tax Plan (no tax increase for those making under 400k, fare share for those making more
than 400k) effect on SS.

Personally, I still have 2 more years before I can collect SS and luckily I have a military retirement that is more than enough to live off (here in Thailand). However, would like to get some of the money I've already paid into SS over the 32 years of employment (30 years military, 2 years of summer jobs).

Don't see any Administration getting rid of SS, but reduction in benefits in 10-15 years very likely.
I will be retiring next year and won't turn 62 until 2027. I believe with what I have saved along with my pension I would be able to survive ok, but thinking about that $1800+ a month starting in 2027 either not being there or reduced really sucks. I do feel better now that Biden is in there for at least the next four years, but the thought of Trump trying to eliminate the payroll tax, that was pretty f****** scary, whether he was really going to be able to do it or not.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 22, 2020, 9:59 am

Assumption on my part, but think if Trump had a 2nd Term w/ a Republican Senate.....

He'd of gotten rid of the Payroll Tax, then made SS part of the Annual Budget (requiring it to be voted upon yearly, making it much easier for reductions to happen).

Clearer Picture:
6.2% tax savings for individuals (1), and 6.2% tax savings on businesses (per employee).
* another proposal that does benefit the avg American (so long, as they aren't collecting or about to collect SS or plan on SS benefits when they retire).
* similar to the 2017 tax change. small if any benefit to the avg American, but a 15-22% tax reduction for companies/corporations (mainly benefiting the rich).
* Current National Debt and Deficit, and additional years of Trump's spending would make it highly likely
overall annual budget would have to be drastically reduced (expect Trump would leave that to the 2028 President
Elect to worry about). There are clear graphs on Trump's spending over the past 3 year pre-Covid, didn't look
good then and definitely doesn't look good in 2020 (graph easy to find, so won't post it).
DIDN'T TRUMP PROMISES IN 2016 TO BALANCE THE BUDGET AND REDUCE THE NATIONAL DEBT??

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 22, 2020, 10:26 am

Mosquito wrote:
November 22, 2020, 9:59 am
Assumption on my part, but think if Trump had a 2nd Term w/ a Republican Senate.....

He'd of gotten rid of the Payroll Tax, then made SS part of the Annual Budget (requiring it to be voted upon yearly, making it much easier for reductions to happen).

Clearer Picture:
6.2% tax savings for individuals (1), and 6.2% tax savings on businesses (per employee).
* another proposal that does benefit the avg American (so long, as they aren't collecting or about to collect SS or plan on SS benefits when they retire).
* similar to the 2017 tax change. small if any benefit to the avg American, but a 15-22% tax reduction for companies/corporations (mainly benefiting the rich).
* Current National Debt and Deficit, and additional years of Trump's spending would make it highly likely
overall annual budget would have to be drastically reduced (expect Trump would leave that to the 2028 President
Elect to worry about). There are clear graphs on Trump's spending over the past 3 year pre-Covid, didn't look
good then and definitely doesn't look good in 2020 (graph easy to find, so won't post it).
DIDN'T TRUMP PROMISES IN 2016 TO BALANCE THE BUDGET AND REDUCE THE NATIONAL DEBT??
I agree. Where would they come up with the $1+ trillion per year that is generated from the payroll tax? Who the hell knows, especially when the deficit is projected to be over $1.2 trillion dollars per year for years to come. It's nothing but a self-serving proposal to benefit himself.

But in reality, corporations/companies received a 40% tax reduction when they went from 35% to 21%.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 22, 2020, 11:04 am

Thought this video would fit the bill for the avg Trump voter, as cartoon characters are used to explain the 2017 Tax Reform. If you only voted for Trump in 2020 because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48SbgzxKW-E

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » November 22, 2020, 3:37 pm

If you could believe it, lots of people are still betting on the presidential election and Trump's odds of winning at the moment are anywhere from 11% to 16% according to recent betting activity. Seems Trumptards are desperately trying to make next month's rent rather than fund his laughable legal defense.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 23, 2020, 11:29 am

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics - Fat Lady Sings

Post by tamada » November 24, 2020, 6:54 am

Emily Murphy sh*ts and finally gets off the pot.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/23 ... iden-trump

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics - Fat Lady Sings

Post by papafarang » November 24, 2020, 7:16 am

tamada wrote:
November 24, 2020, 6:54 am
Emily Murphy sh*ts and finally gets off the pot.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/23 ... iden-trump
Don said he directed her :lol: the guy just lies about everything . they guys a moron ...well not a moron ,he's at least screwing his fan base for a bit of cash as he leaves .just another trump scam :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2020, 7:26 am

indeed it looks like finally its game over for DT .. expect new year Pence pardons and lots more time for him to improve his golf... sad times as a great leader and businessman makes way for the unknown.

I and im sure along with many on Udon map would like to wish Donald good luck in the future as sad to see him go...UNTIL NEXT TIME that is... DT Junior ??? v Megan Kamala or Michelle ???

As that big Arnie guy says ..ILL BE BACK !!!!! :D :lol: ...

DM off to Bkk now ..have a great day yaullll

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 24, 2020, 8:48 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:26 am
indeed it looks like finally its game over for DT .. expect new year Pence pardons and lots more time for him to improve his golf... sad times as a great leader and businessman makes way for the unknown.

I and im sure along with many on Udon map would like to wish Donald good luck in the future as sad to see him go...UNTIL NEXT TIME that is... DT Junior ??? v Megan Kamala or Michelle ???

DM

Come on, DM sad to see you still in Trump's Fantasy Land. Great Leader and Businessman.....it's hard to type and laugh at the same time (have had a lot of practice the past 2 months with you and dragonz's posts).

Have fun in BKK, if you have time checkout Taco Bell for me (if you've had it before) and let me know if taste and selection are the same as in the States.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2020, 9:05 am

Mosquito wrote:
November 24, 2020, 8:48 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:26 am

DM

Come on, DM sad to see you still in Trump's Fantasy Land. Great Leader and Businessman.....it's hard to type and laugh at the same time (have had a lot of practice the past 2 months with you and dragonz's posts).

Have fun in BKK, if you have time checkout Taco Bell for me (if you've had it before) and let me know if taste and selection are the same as in the States.
Mozzie .. its been my pleasure to post and keep you and Ken enlightened to the real state of US politics ... the USA is entering the unknown and im sure given a few months of that you will swing back to DTs largely successful policies and style of governance.

Taco Bell ..Na as well as being on my heathly eating regime (that only slips on Sundays) i stay in Sukhapaban on the outskirts and theres plenty of eating and twinkly options on the doorstep along with a few nice temples i frequent.

Right im away .. tatty bye

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 24, 2020, 9:50 am

DT Post. Mozzie .. its been my pleasure to post and keep you and Ken enlightened to the real state of US politics ... the USA is entering the unknown and im sure given a few months of that you will swing back to DTs largely successful policies and style of governance.

Have to assume your prepaid yearly pass to Trump's Fantasy Land expires mid-next year. But, will keep an opened mind......wait and see attitude.

So, guess you bringing me and Ken a box of Kristy Kream on your return is out of the question!!!

Return to “U.S. Politics”