U.S. Politics

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 27, 2022, 9:55 pm

Yes, and why would I trust the advice of someone who thinks a bhat is the way to spell baht. In fact, I doubt he knows much about Italian politics anyway, and is just trying to bluff his way through.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 27, 2022, 10:46 pm

Aardvark wrote:
September 27, 2022, 2:29 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
September 26, 2022, 10:49 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 26, 2022, 8:58 pm
More stunning answers from some more American youngsters ... the best answer has to be the girl.when asked who fought in the civil war ..came up with the Nazis v Germany .. these vids crack.me up

https://youtu.be/ibmICIEK9cU

DM.
3 x 3 x 3 = 36 There were a few of them got this right :-k :-k :drunk:

Sad to say, but this problem is not just limited to the USA

The number of say, younger people, that I have seen in shops / food outlets, who need to use their phone calculator, just to calculate the amount of change that they need to give you, just amazes me. If you make it to simple or be it too easy for them to use phones for any and all things, then they will regress.

pipoz4444
I always thought 3x3x3=27. Oh well, never mind ...
No, the people in the Video are never wrong. They are the Gen Z / Millennials! and according to google, they are smarter than us Baby Boomer's and previous generations (GMF), so who are we to question their logic and reasoning?

When you listen to them, they know better, "just like Greta" =; =; and they are going to save the world because the Baby Boomer and Silent Generations, have destroyed it

If it wasn't for the Baby Boomer generation, Greta wouldn't have a Platform to winge on

Generations.JPG
pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 27, 2022, 11:28 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 27, 2022, 9:55 pm
Yes, and why would I trust the advice of someone who thinks a bhat is the way to spell baht. In fact, I doubt he knows much about Italian politics anyway, and is just trying to bluff his way through.
LYM, do you actually think we are that stupid to think your questions were genuine? You know exactly what fascism is and know exactly what progressives believe in. You were simply stirring the pot.

So don't expect me to take you seriously. As for history of Italy, I certainly am well aware of what the Italians did to to the last fascist leader who led his country to ruin. In fact there is not a single fascist leader in history that has left his country in better shape than it was when power was assumed. Italy is heading down a well worn path of failure.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 28, 2022, 4:56 am

Whistler wrote:
September 27, 2022, 11:28 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
LYM, do you actually think we are that stupid to think your questions were genuine? You know exactly what fascism is and know exactly what progressives believe in. You were simply stirring the pot.

So don't expect me to take you seriously. As for history of Italy, I certainly am well aware of what the Italians did to to the last fascist leader who led his country to ruin. In fact there is not a single fascist in history that has left his country in better shape than it was when power was assumed. Italy is heading down a well worn path of failure.
In other words, you don't know. That was my initial impression. For example, you mentioned the fascist symbols on the flag of the party who won. I asked you what these symbols were owing to the fact that I have never seen this flag and do not know what fascist symbols are with the exception of the swastika on a flag. You avoided answering this question suggesting that you do not know either. I am quite open to your interpretation but specifics are needed, not general statements.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 28, 2022, 9:49 am

LYM,

Your postings remind me of a petulant child saying 'prove it'.

I am not your research slave, if you wish to dive further into details about The Brothers of Italy, there is ample information on the Web.

However, what you are posting is disingenuous, you are in no position to demand that I dig up this info for you. Get off your lazy arse and look it up yourself.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 28, 2022, 10:48 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
I classic way to argue a point when scratching for a logical response is to introduce a 'red herring', conflating a completely irrelevant subject with the one at hand.

It is absurd to claim that my misspelling of baht has any connection to comments on Italian politics or fascism.

You are just making your self look sillier and sillier.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2022, 10:58 am

Whistler wrote:
September 27, 2022, 1:17 pm
tamada wrote:
September 26, 2022, 12:40 pm
Whistler wrote:
September 26, 2022, 12:04 pm
A problem yes. Right now, the biggest problem the USA has are baby boomers with arch conservative agendas bordering on fascism, they have weaponised Christianity and taken power over the GOP.

The next generation might be a bit dumb, but the boomers are downright a threat to the USA's fragile grasp on democracy.
Is that what just happened in Italy as well?
Read in the press, a lot of GOP hardliners are celebrating Italy's fascism victory over progressives
Fascism is illegal in Italy so let's nip this one in the bud.

How about the US's "hair on fire" arch-liberals? Are they of the same age demographic as their Conservative counterparts? While the Republican's struggled to come up with a challenger to Trump in their pursuit of "anyone but Hillary", weren't the Democrats themselves similarly roiled with their own internal "anyone but Bernie" feuding?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 28, 2022, 11:06 am

Tam,

Fascism is not illegal in Italy according to this Reuters article and al Jazeera. It is illegal to promote material that aims to resurrect Mussolini's old party. Not new fascist parties.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ital ... SKCN1BN2T5

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022 ... d-on-italy

For what it is worth it also answers LYM's question on fascist symbols.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2022, 12:32 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 28, 2022, 11:06 am
Tam,

Fascism is not illegal in Italy according to this Reuters article and al Jazeera. It is illegal to promote material that aims to resurrect Mussolini's old party. Not new fascist parties.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ital ... SKCN1BN2T5

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022 ... d-on-italy

For what it is worth it also answers LYM's question on fascist symbols.
Thanks for the read but can you stop this nonsense and get back on topic?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 28, 2022, 1:04 pm

Tam, you kicked of the Italy connection on this thread September 26! I think a valid link on many levels, not the least being two USA extreme right wing women expressed support for Italian fascist leader.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2022, 3:53 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 28, 2022, 1:04 pm
Tam, you kicked of the Italy connection on this thread September 26! I think a valid link on many levels, not the least being two USA extreme right wing women expressed support for Italian fascist leader.
I know I introduced the "Italy connection" so why are you haranguing fellow members with rude comments or off topic posts? If you want to quote opinion pieces that support your opinion on the resurgence of illegal fascism in Italy, that's fine. But this thread isn't about that. So, trying to wrestle this pig back on topic.

It would be interesting to see if there are any generational parallels with the US in other countries with regard to political extremism. A comparative study if you like? It could be any one of many countries that have relatively recently lurched to the right. Italy just happens to be the one in the news right now. Other members have already suggested it's a generational thing but is there anything to bolster that notion? Or is it just increasingly distrustful old people getting angry at changes they can't prevent and a youth they don't understand any more?

Your initial claim that "a lot of GOP hardliners are celebrating Italy's fascism victory over progressives" now appears to have been watered down to "two USA right wing women". Which is it?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 28, 2022, 4:08 pm

2 is a lot when different topic 1 was some

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 28, 2022, 4:16 pm

Red pill day?

" I know I introduced the "Italy connection" so why are you haranguing fellow members with rude comments or off topic posts"

To state the bleeding obvious, it was LYM making snide comments, not myself. I responded to his drivel.

As for GOP celebrating the fascist victory, not watered down one bit. However it is highlighted by Boebert and Greene making comments.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2022/ ... tory-italy

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 28, 2022, 4:18 pm

You aint " haranguing" me, whatever that means

Both of seem to be having fun with words

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 28, 2022, 4:57 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 28, 2022, 9:49 am
LYM,

Your postings remind me of a petulant child saying 'prove it'.

I am not your research slave, if you wish to dive further into details about The Brothers of Italy, there is ample information on the Web.

However, what you are posting is disingenuous, you are in no position to demand that I dig up this info for you. Get off your lazy arse and look it up yourself.
In other words, you don't know. Thought so.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 28, 2022, 7:36 pm

In other words I know, but you are too fricken lazy to even attempt to understand a subject that is nothing more than flapping gums for you.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2022, 7:44 pm

stupid.png

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 28, 2022, 7:45 pm

Stat, priceless!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 29, 2022, 9:03 am

Whistler wrote:
September 28, 2022, 7:36 pm
In other words I know, but you are too fricken lazy to even attempt to understand a subject that is nothing more than flapping gums for you.
If you are going to make general statements try and back them up with some concrete facts. This was your problem in the past just before you began your pout and pronounced that you were leaving this forum. Well, you're back, and you still make statements that you avoid supporting with evidence.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 29, 2022, 10:49 am

When I need advice about posting on this forum, I will ask the mods not you. If I post an opinion I use the words 'I think' or similar, if I post a fact I typically quote a source. That I think is appropriate and I will continue to post with that approach.

Return to “U.S. Politics”