Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Whistler » December 8, 2022, 1:08 pm

glalt seems to base his criticisms around a couple of key issues

The Keystone oil pipeline
The wall
crime
inflation

The Keystone oil pipeline

Biden did not wake up one morning a pondered over his boiled egg and orange juice on what he would do today, 'I've got it, I will stop an oil pipeline'. This controversial project had been dragged through 10 years of environmental objections, government regulations and court cases, 10 years! even if Biden had not halted the project, it would still be under construction and would have had zero impact on US fuel prices, the current crisis has nothing to do with this project . Halting it was a tribute to good policy, it was intended to process one of the dirtiest fossil fuel sources in the world. Even if completed, the oil was not going into the US market, it was all slated to satisfy deals for export.

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keyst ... n%20office.

The wall

2000 miles of wall, you have to be kidding. It was a grossly expensive, ineffective and ridiculous dream. Mexican drug lords had already built tunnels under existing border points, many more would have been dug had in fact the wall ever been built. A huge amount of money allocated to the project went into the maintenance of existing walls. Trump had 4 years of touting this project and built 400 miles of wall, so completing it would have taken 5 full presidential terms. Trump would be 92 years old had the project continued. No wall until 2038!

This porous border has been an issue for decades, Operation xxxxxxx in 1953 was going to solve the problem, well it didn't. Obama returned more illegals than Trump ever did, 1.96M compared to Trumps 1.29M.Trump came in claiming illegals were coming into the USA at an unprecedented rate, in fact it was the opposite, it was a Xenophobic claim that sucked in the uninformed

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/22/62224681 ... ree-graphs

crime

Already debunked by other posters, biggest increase in decades was under Trump, not Biden

Inflation

Several factors play into inflation figures, world events that are out of government's control are major factors (COVID), but when the government is fiscally irresponsible and spends more than it earns it makes things worse as it has to offer government bonds at market rates.

The deficit as a percentage of GDP was 3.1% in 2016 when Trump came into office, it was 15% by the time he left office. Biden reduced it to 12.1% in his first year.

Glalt claimed Trump ran the country like he ran a business. Not true at all, unless you were referring to his multiple bankrupt ventures as a businessman.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 8, 2022, 2:27 pm

As far as oil prices, how do you explain how the US went from an exporter to an importer?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 8, 2022, 3:04 pm

glalt wrote:
December 8, 2022, 2:27 pm
As far as oil prices, how do you explain how the US went from an exporter to an importer?
What are you talking about? In 2021 the US exported over 8 million b/d. In 2022 they average 6 million b/d. Please try something else.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 8, 2022, 3:24 pm

The US refineries do not have the capability to process the light and sweet oil that comes from the Gulf area, so they export that oil and import the heavy crude oil from other countries because it is cheaper. Make sense?

And please glalt, list all the years where the US exported more than they imported.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 8, 2022, 3:56 pm

tamada wrote:
December 8, 2022, 8:01 am
Khun Paul wrote:
December 8, 2022, 7:15 am
tamada wrote:
December 7, 2022, 12:18 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
December 7, 2022, 11:05 am
I watch American politics just because you could not write the humorous and often bizarre script. The main players are mainly one penny short of a nine bob note and the cast are pure sycopants`with issues . whenever you hear the MAGA Public and more so the so-called elected officals be they Congressmen/women or even heaven help us Aenators, you really wonder at the level of intelligence3 of the American Public .

Good reading and often listening to the pure rubbish emanating from their twisted logic and HATE if it is not kept in check there will be major problems. Their agenda has nothing to do with looking after the people rather looking after themselves and seeking retribution. Over 300 million people subject to their childish and often petty actions... Goid Help America as the Americans seem unable to see the wood from the trees.
Do you actually know any Americans personally?
YES , family members, and on a purely personal note, what the hell has it got to do with you ??
Not many then. Thought so.

Last count on the Norh American continent over 200, including 100+ in Canada, not a few dear boy , but then you are prone to attack anything you do not like
Have a Good Day

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 8, 2022, 4:09 pm

KP, when tam is losing an argument he pivots to something inconsequential, I have acquaintances here and in the USA, many American citizens that think the sun shines out of Trump's posterior. Big deal, it doesn't. Knowing them has no impact on what I read and understand.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 8, 2022, 4:39 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 8, 2022, 4:09 pm
KP, when tam is losing an argument he pivots to something inconsequential, I have acquaintances here and in the USA, many American citizens that think the sun shines out of Trump's posterior. Big deal, it doesn't. Knowing them has no impact on what I read and understand.
I agree, what is more interesting is the Canadian arm stating what they think as they are more inclined to tell the truth as regards that MAN !!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 8, 2022, 5:34 pm

TAM
"Nope. You're still not listening.

Or maybe you've never really stopped listening to the 'alternative fact' brigade?"

OR maybe your not reading properly

I will leave at that as you did in your useless reply

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 8, 2022, 5:45 pm

glalt wrote:
December 8, 2022, 2:27 pm

Research Shows (glalt you should try it, you might actually like it......researching stuff before you post).

Dec 2016 US Exported 468,000 barrels of oil.
Dec 2017 US Exported 1,522,000 barrels of oil.
Dec 2018 US Exported over 2,400,000 barrels of oil.
Dec 2019 US Exported over 3,537,000 barrels of oil.
Dec 2020 US Exported over 3,356,000 barrels of oil.
Highest point was in July/Aug 2022 at 3,653,000 barrels of oil.
PER DAY!!!!!

Hopefully, you'll notice the largest increase in U.S. Oil Export was during Trump's Presidency.

And BTW last time the U.S. didn't export oil was in the Mid-70's, if I'm reading the attached graph correctly.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... REXUS2&f=M
Last edited by Mosquito on December 8, 2022, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2022, 5:47 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
December 8, 2022, 3:56 pm
tamada wrote:
December 8, 2022, 8:01 am
Khun Paul wrote:
December 8, 2022, 7:15 am
tamada wrote:
December 7, 2022, 12:18 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
December 7, 2022, 11:05 am
I watch American politics just because you could not write the humorous and often bizarre script. The main players are mainly one penny short of a nine bob note and the cast are pure sycopants`with issues . whenever you hear the MAGA Public and more so the so-called elected officals be they Congressmen/women or even heaven help us Aenators, you really wonder at the level of intelligence3 of the American Public .

Good reading and often listening to the pure rubbish emanating from their twisted logic and HATE if it is not kept in check there will be major problems. Their agenda has nothing to do with looking after the people rather looking after themselves and seeking retribution. Over 300 million people subject to their childish and often petty actions... Goid Help America as the Americans seem unable to see the wood from the trees.
Do you actually know any Americans personally?
YES , family members, and on a purely personal note, what the hell has it got to do with you ??
Not many then. Thought so.

Last count on the Norh American continent over 200, including 100+ in Canada, not a few dear boy , but then you are prone to attack anything you do not like
Have a Good Day
I'm not attacking anyone.

You're the one who's repeatedly claiming that all Americans are of low intelligence.

Thanks for the "over 200" laugh though.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2022, 6:00 pm

Whistler wrote:
Who's losing anything?

Who's arguing?

So you've both got friends and some of yours think Trump is God and others don't. Is this something of consequence? Or are you pivoting to the inconsequential?

I have to sit down. All this laughing's beginning to hurt.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2022, 6:03 pm

Doodoo wrote:
December 8, 2022, 5:34 pm
TAM
"Nope. You're still not listening.

Or maybe you've never really stopped listening to the 'alternative fact' brigade?"

OR maybe your not reading properly

I will leave at that as you did in your useless reply
Thanks for responding and quoting something you consider useless.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 8, 2022, 6:12 pm

On U.S. Oil Imports see the attached graph. Don't consider the 2020 dip in imported oil as a good sign, more likely due
to the pandemic.

---- can't cut and paste the graph, so eyeballing numbers.

2016 7.8 Million Barrels
2017 7.9 Million Barrels
2018 7.7 Million Barrels
2019 6.6 Million Barrels
2020 5.8 Million Barrels
2021 6.1 Million Barrels
2022 No firm numbers, but expect it dropped with Russian Oil Sanctions.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 8, 2022, 8:05 pm

From today's New York Times - says it all really:
How, in a matter of less than a decade, could this once-proud country have evolved to the point that there is a serious debate over choosing a presidential candidate who is a lifelong opportunist, a pathological and malignant narcissist, a sociopath, a serial liar, a philanderer, a tax cheat who does not pay his bills and a man who socializes with Holocaust deniers, who has pardoned his criminal allies, who encouraged a violent insurrection, who, behind a wall of bodyguards, is a coward and who, without remorse, continually undermines American democracy?
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/07/opin ... lda-unique

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 8, 2022, 10:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 8, 2022, 8:05 pm
From today's New York Times - says it all really:
How, in a matter of less than a decade, could this once-proud country have evolved to the point that there is a serious debate over choosing a presidential candidate who is a lifelong opportunist, a pathological and malignant narcissist, a sociopath, a serial liar, a philanderer, a tax cheat who does not pay his bills and a man who socializes with Holocaust deniers, who has pardoned his criminal allies, who encouraged a violent insurrection, who, behind a wall of bodyguards, is a coward and who, without remorse, continually undermines American democracy?
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/07/opin ... lda-unique

Missed him being stupid, not as bad as Walker.....but close.

Will let the jury decide on him being a rapist, along with being accused sexual harassment and sexual assault.

Traitor label possible, once all the smoke clears from him stealing classified documents.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2022, 2:46 pm

DOJ has asked a judge to hold either Trump or the Trump organisation to be held in contempt of court over the order to hand over top security documents, different news agencies report slightly different versions as court documents are sealed. It looks as if the slowly moving legal processes are finally starting to overcome the appeals and delays with some real meat in this court action. Obstruction looks next step if this one gets up.

One news outlet has just labled Trump a JAG. (no longer President, Just Another Guy)

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 9, 2022, 5:32 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 9, 2022, 2:46 pm
DOJ has asked a judge to hold either Trump or the Trump organisation to be held in contempt of court over the order to hand over top security documents, different news agencies report slightly different versions as court documents are sealed. It looks as if the slowly moving legal processes are finally starting to overcome the appeals and delays with some real meat in this court action. Obstruction looks next step if this one gets up.

One news outlet has just labled Trump a JAG. (no longer President, Just Another Guy)

Fat Lady Warming Up.......Finally!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2022, 7:08 pm

tamada wrote:
December 8, 2022, 6:00 pm
Whistler wrote:
Who's losing anything?

Who's arguing?

So you've both got friends and some of yours think Trump is God and others don't. Is this something of consequence? Or are you pivoting to the inconsequential?

I have to sit down. All this laughing's beginning to hurt.
You are Tam, losing credibility. Accuse KP of not having USA contacts as a lame attempt to discredit his views on the USA
It is not relevant, there are thousands of sources of info, so trying to put kp down on that basis is ridiculous. If you addressed the issues it would be credible, but you pivot to this dumb 'you don't know anybody in the USA' irrelevant tack and look like a fool.

Let's look at that a bit deeper. Something happens in Washington DC. How does anybody in Great Falls Montana get any closer to the truth than somebody with exactly the same connections in Scunthorpe? The fact that you have contacts in Montana is is of no significance the contact in Scunthorpe may be smarter and better informed.

Your criticism of KP on this basis is meritless

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2022, 7:40 pm

Scunthorpe the place where legends are born !!!!! . marvelous place and always gets so much positivity here on UM ..

Vote Trump ..and MAGA

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2022, 7:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 9, 2022, 7:40 pm
Scunthorpe the place where legends are born !!!!! . marvelous place and always gets so much positivity here on UM ..

Vote Trump ..and MAGA

DM
DM my friend, delusional. My comments were apocryphal, Scunthorpe maybe the most delightful destination for tourists the world adores but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Place your Morris dancers uniform in the top drawer and settle petal.

Return to “U.S. Politics”