U.S. Politics

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Whistler » December 14, 2022, 6:49 pm

Could not agree more Mr F. I had a counterpart in USA , the guy had an MBA so not lacking conventional intelligence. He took the Obama birthing conspiracy and Obama being a secret Muslim hook line and sinker. Why, because he was a racist, Right Wing nutter that only accepted information that supported his pre-existing bias.

A dangerous sector as they appear intelligent and normal, but are anything but.

They don't want to fact check, it's not that they fail to do so it is because they do not wish to do so.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 15, 2022, 8:42 am

Closer to home, I was assailed by one very, very big Trump fan while enjoying a quiet one in Full Throttle. He was incensed by the FBI raid on Trump's hacienda, the only thing Trump had was a couple of letters from his daughters
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 20, 2022, 4:19 pm

Oh, my giddy aunt, dynamite in my humble view. I understand it's up to the justice department to decide whether to prosecute.
A US congressional inquiry into last year's Capitol riot says ex-President Donald Trump should face criminal charges, including insurrection.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64034559
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 20, 2022, 4:35 pm

Earnest wrote:
December 20, 2022, 4:19 pm
Oh, my giddy aunt, dynamite in my humble view. I understand it's up to the justice department to decide whether to prosecute.
A US congressional inquiry into last year's Capitol riot says ex-President Donald Trump should face criminal charges, including insurrection.
And 45 has already hit back via his Truth Social network claiming the Justice Department better bone up on double-jeapordy laws before they get too excited. He suggests that being two-and-oh on Impeachments as POTUS, he's safe from prosecution as citizen Trump.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 20, 2022, 4:40 pm

Too bad for him an impeachment is not the same as being indicted and tried at the state or federal level, so no double jeopardy applies. So who should “bone up”?
Last edited by Kenr6583 on December 20, 2022, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: is the future orange?

Post by Earnest » December 20, 2022, 4:41 pm

The man's a bounder but how's he polling against DeSantis at present? Can the GOP wrest itself from the grip of Trump and his acolytes?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 20, 2022, 4:52 pm

tamada wrote:
December 20, 2022, 4:35 pm
Earnest wrote:
December 20, 2022, 4:19 pm
And 45 has already hit back via his Truth Social network claiming the Justice Department better bone up on double-jeapordy laws before they get too excited. He suggests that being two-and-oh on Impeachments as POTUS, he's safe from prosecution as citizen Trump.
what an ass!

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: is the future orange?

Post by tamada » December 20, 2022, 5:15 pm

Earnest wrote:
December 20, 2022, 4:41 pm
The man's a bounder but how's he polling against DeSantis at present? Can the GOP wrest itself from the grip of Trump and his acolytes?
Depends on the flavor of the pollsters. For every reasonable poll with a broader scope on the polled demographic that says De Santis is leading, there's another more biased, less inclusive and bigoted one that says Trump is still #1.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 20, 2022, 5:17 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 20, 2022, 4:40 pm
Too bad for him an impeachment is not the same as being indicted and tried at the state or federal level, so no double jeopardy applies. So who should “bone up”?
Just quoting the class clown, no need to shoot this messenger. There's a whole lot of thickness over there that will hang on his every witless utterance and are emboldened by the GOP's inability to call the man out on his perpetual deceit, ignorance and arseholiness.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 20, 2022, 5:27 pm

There was little doubt the Jan 6 committee would send recommendations to the the DOJ. The next big question is if/when the DOJ will charge the clown and how long before it slowly moves through courts to set a trial date. My suggestion is April 1 next year, but June 14 has a nice ring to it.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 20, 2022, 5:34 pm

DM. Are you organising any special events to raise money for Trump's defence. A black tie dinner at Macca's as a suggestion, attendees could wolf down cheeseburgers and slurp diet Pepsi, then buy some of those superhero electronic collectors cards. At 3000 baht a pop it should go down a treat.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 20, 2022, 6:13 pm

tamada wrote:
December 20, 2022, 5:17 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
December 20, 2022, 4:40 pm
Just quoting the class clown, no need to shoot this messenger. There's a whole lot of thickness over there that will hang on his every witless utterance and are emboldened by the GOP's inability to call the man out on his perpetual deceit, ignorance and arseholiness.
Dude, don’t get so defensive. I’m not attacking you, never have.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 20, 2022, 6:27 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 20, 2022, 5:34 pm
DM. Are you organising any special events to raise money for Trump's defence. A black tie dinner at Macca's as a suggestion, attendees could wolf down cheeseburgers and slurp diet Pepsi, then buy some of those superhero electronic collectors cards. At 3000 baht a pop it should go down a treat.

"diet coke" being Trump's drink of choice.

sorry, couldn't help myself.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 20, 2022, 6:37 pm

Oh, last Saturday at Central actually saw a guy wearing a MAGA t-shirt.

Nothing like advertising you're an idiot.

Yes, didn't know the guy....he might be a college professor, Harvard or Stanford grad....just calling it like I personally see it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 20, 2022, 6:50 pm

Mosquito wrote:
December 20, 2022, 6:37 pm
Oh, last Saturday at Central actually saw a guy wearing a MAGA t-shirt.

Nothing like advertising you're an idiot.

Yes, didn't know the guy....he might be a college professor, Harvard or Stanford grad....just calling it like I personally see it.
That's got to be fair game, no? Point and laugh. I mean what's he gonna do? Shoot you?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 21, 2022, 7:49 am

Here's one for ya noos. Praise about the appointment from all sides of the political spectrum.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 5c7o8.html

Comments about Albo 'dead batting' on the appointment until it was appropriate to do so. Quite a contrast to Limited News making snide comments

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 21, 2022, 10:19 am

I predict that DeSantis will be the presidential candidate and the next president. I'm a bit surprised that Trump is still hated and in many posts. He has shot his wad and after this next election will be out of politics and only in the history books. It is also obvious that the democrats are still afraid of him and devote all their time trying to put him in jail and neglecting running the government.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 21, 2022, 10:30 am

glalt wrote:
December 21, 2022, 10:19 am
I predict that DeSantis will be the presidential candidate and the next president. I'm a bit surprised that Trump is still hated and in many posts. He has shot his wad and after this next election will be out of politics and only in the history books. It is also obvious that the democrats are still afraid of him and devote all their time trying to put him in jail and neglecting running the government.
You have it so wrong about Trump.

The Democrats would love nothing better than if he were the GOP candidate in 2024, he is the gift that just keeps on giving. However, they don't love him per se, they believe in the rule of law and think the bastard belongs in the clink for his many, many crimes.

DeSantis certainly looks the front-runner for Republican nomination, he did well in Florida, but the guy has a charisma bypass, I suspect he may well have risen to his level of incompetence (The Peter Principal). Surprisingly Biden's popularity continues to grow, he has been quite solid in getting legislation through, restoring the USA's credibility throughout the world, but is no star.

At this stage, nobody really knows what a conviction will mean, not just for Trump but other GOP operatives too. So many have stuck by Trump, that their reputations will take a battering when he is convicted. The GOP in disarray and may impact in 2024.
Last edited by Whistler on December 21, 2022, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 21, 2022, 10:34 am

Asked about Rudd’s suitability for the role considering the harsh criticisms of his management style by some former Labor government colleagues,

says alot

not even have to look for it, you gave it to me

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 21, 2022, 10:40 am

Is Kevin Rudd a candidate for some US political office? :-k

Return to “U.S. Politics”