U.S. Politics

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by jackspratt » October 27, 2020, 9:45 am

glalt wrote:
October 27, 2020, 9:21 am
I find it interesting that some posters mention that only uneducated deplorables support Trump. Would you actually trust highly educated idiots to run the country? .......

....... Our higher education system has totally failed.
You make a very good point, glalt.
TRUMP
In 1964, he enrolled at Fordham University. Two years later he transferred to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, graduating in May 1968 with a B.S. in economics.
PENCE graduated from Columbus North High School in 1977. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in history from Hanover College in 1981, and a Juris Doctor from the Robert H. McKinney School of Law at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis in Indianapolis in 1986.
McCONNELL
He graduated with honors from the University of Louisville with a B.A. in political science in 1964
McCARTHY
He attended California State University, Bakersfield, where he obtained a Bachelor of Science in marketing in 1989 and a Master of Business Administration in 1994.
MEADOWS
.........graduated from the University of South Florida with an Associate of Arts
POMPEO finished first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he majored in engineering management.
In 1994, Pompeo received a Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School,
(All taken from their respective Wikipedia entries).

:shock:

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 27, 2020, 9:58 am

anefarious1 wrote:
October 27, 2020, 9:41 am
glalt wrote:
I find it interesting that some posters mention that only uneducated deplorables support Trump. Would you actually trust highly educated idiots to run the country? You should have doubts when you consider that they were brainwashed by far left tenured teachers. Tenured teachers teach only their own philosophy and answer to no one. They cannot be fired or replaced. Our higher education system has totally failed.
So there you have it ladies and gentleman. Trump's ignorance would appear to be contagious! Ironically, Donald said on video, "I'm very highly educated. I know words. I have the best words." Perhaps he is an excellent case study of your theory about education being worthless. Trump does know more than the generals and the scientists and all the other experts in this administration. Nah just kidding.
You obviously have not considered the fact that just a few years ago there were no far left tenured teachers. This is a remnant from Obama.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 27, 2020, 10:05 am

glalt wrote:
October 27, 2020, 9:58 am
anefarious1 wrote:
October 27, 2020, 9:41 am
glalt wrote:
I find it interesting that some posters mention that only uneducated deplorables support Trump. Would you actually trust highly educated idiots to run the country? You should have doubts when you consider that they were brainwashed by far left tenured teachers. Tenured teachers teach only their own philosophy and answer to no one. They cannot be fired or replaced. Our higher education system has totally failed.
So there you have it ladies and gentleman. Trump's ignorance would appear to be contagious! Ironically, Donald said on video, "I'm very highly educated. I know words. I have the best words." Perhaps he is an excellent case study of your theory about education being worthless. Trump does know more than the generals and the scientists and all the other experts in this administration. Nah just kidding.
You obviously have not considered the fact that just a few years ago there were no far left tenured teachers. This is a remnant from Obama.
What exactly are you talking about? That is definitely not a fact.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 27, 2020, 10:24 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 27, 2020, 10:05 am

What exactly are you talking about? That is definitely not a fact.
Sounds very much like one of Kellyanne's "alternative facts" (sic).

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 27, 2020, 10:39 am

glalt wrote:
- Not all professors are tenured, it is becoming less and less so, tutors that provide a lot of class work are to the best of my knowledge, never tenured. Certainly not in Australia, I never asked my US tutors the question, so don't know
- Science is science, it is fact based and apolitical. Liberal arts can be political, but so what, both sides are rpresented.
- Who said that all tenured professors are all far left wing? My best mate is a retired academic, head professor of construction the assistant bursar at QUT. He is decidedly right wing as are many others I know.
- I cannot think of any of my professors ever espousing left wing ideals

Your exaggerations would do Trump proud, and those uneducated deplorables are part of the massive number of idiots that help spread COVID by their religious adherence to Trump's anti-mask rhetoric that is killing Americans.

Science is right, Trump's gut feel is wrong.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 27, 2020, 12:24 pm

So, some of you people think having tenured teachers is a good idea? It has been a disaster for children needing to get a decent education. You think that semi literate students getting degrees is a good thing? Some of those tenured teachers refuse to teach the basic subjects. Many students are not able to read, write or do basic arithmetic. You have all seen store clerks who need a calculator to add two simple figures together.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » October 27, 2020, 1:18 pm

glalt wrote:
October 27, 2020, 12:24 pm
So, some of you people think having tenured teachers is a good idea? It has been a disaster for children needing to get a decent education. You think that semi literate students getting degrees is a good thing? Some of those tenured teachers refuse to teach the basic subjects. Many students are not able to read, write or do basic arithmetic. You have all seen store clerks who need a calculator to add two simple figures together.
Not sure what semi literate students who get undeserved degrees have to do with the president of the United States who is described as, "a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says [what’s on his mind.]” according to Tillerson. He's just one of many who have spoken frankly about the self proclaimed "stable genius" in the White House.

That he acts like an uneducated fool is not a quality I'm looking for in a leader. I'd rather go with someone who is not only highly educated but also acts like a well-educated person. But to each his own.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 27, 2020, 3:07 pm

With the impending election Americans are worried about Unrest, shortages, rioting, burning of businesses, etc.
Therefore in response they are

USA TODAY
Americans worried about Election Day violence and chaos are buying guns and toilet paper
https://www.yahoo.com/news/americans-wo ... 10046.html

A big big change in the thought process as I have said before when Y2K was coming and it was Bibles and Ammo . It is now Guns and Toilet paper.You cant touch our 2nd ammendent fella
God helps us if they ever ran out I can imagine Americans seperating 2 ply to conserve supplies.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 27, 2020, 3:20 pm

Guns n bog roll....wtf

The latter is no doubt handy if someone shoots at you but justcwhy there would be.a shortage is strange ...plenty of both in the greatest country on the planet .. except Britain (nit inclusive of Sctoland).and Thailand .

Trump picking up.in the polls .. as Biden n Co drop.more balls than the Grimsby town keeper .. a must watch is his owl.goal against Carlsle last weekend .

4 more yrs 4 more yrs

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 27, 2020, 3:41 pm

Bidens latest speech certainly made the headlines

https://youtu.be/KZe75ZsxHP0

Which makes a change as most of his gaffes are con eniently swept under the left media rug ..

https://youtu.be/Pik0f1QOzE8

The guy is a fruitcake .. he needs help ..and its nit to.become POTUS

DM.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 27, 2020, 9:51 pm

glalt wrote:

Good attempt at justifying / deflecting from your clearly false statement. Just joking.........

Glalt
"You obviously have not considered the fact that just a few years ago there were no far left tenured teachers. This is a remnant from Obama.:

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 27, 2020, 10:01 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 27, 2020, 3:41 pm

Which makes a change as most of his gaffes are con eniently swept under the left media rug ..

DM.

IMO, making a gaff and then correcting yourself or having staff members correct/clarify your position is better then
clearly lying on purpose or making a mistake and warping the facts to make it seem that you were semi-correct or just tossing someone else under the bus for your error.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 27, 2020, 11:17 pm

Mosquito wrote:
October 27, 2020, 9:51 pm
glalt wrote:

Good attempt at justifying / deflecting from your clearly false statement. Just joking.........

Glalt
"You obviously have not considered the fact that just a few years ago there were no far left tenured teachers. This is a remnant from Obama.:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 28, 2020, 3:37 am

Mosquito wrote:
October 27, 2020, 10:01 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM.

IMO, making a gaff and then correcting yourself or having staff members correct/clarify your position is better then
clearly lying on purpose or making a mistake and warping the facts to make it seem that you were semi-correct or just tossing someone else under the bus for your error.
Oh comorn marn ... all.out protectionism :lol:

You cannot be serious ..as John Mcenroe used to yell.

Dm

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 28, 2020, 5:58 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 28, 2020, 3:37 am
Mosquito wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM.

Oh comorn marn ... all.out protectionism :lol:

You cannot be serious ..as John Mcenroe used to yell.

Dm

yep, i was serious. on principle you have to agree with it, or at least anyone with some moral value would agree with it.
guess i'll just have to be happy you didn't state Trump never lies, warp things or blames others for his gaffs.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 28, 2020, 6:50 am

have never stated Trump does not tell.porky pies and agree he does come out with some strange comments now n then ..HOWEVER compared tonJoe "the major league hall.ov famer gaffe machine" Biden Trump is simply at college league ..add to that Trump is a better negotistor , debator and all round stronger mentally and physically with better policies on the table ..oh yeah a prettier missus AMERICA MUST VOTE TO.KEEP HIM.IN ..

A Biden in the white house all be it unti snowflake Harris takes over with Clibton pulling her.strings should send shivers down the spine of all Americans

4 more yrs 4 more yrs

Dm

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 28, 2020, 7:06 am

DM you are like many, fixated on Donald Trump, sad to see an intelligent man behaving thus .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 28, 2020, 7:22 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 28, 2020, 7:06 am
DM you are like many, fixated on Donald Trump, sad to see an intelligent man behaving thus .
Oi ..who.you calling intelligent ???? .. cat evictor

We are all.entitled to our opinions and i think.its sad to.see fixated on Biden as you obviously are ..and or fixated on hating Trump as in turn so many appear to do ..there perogative .

Opinions are like arseholes ..weve all.got one ..as my old gran used to.say before she became a nun .

Dm.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 28, 2020, 7:48 am

Mosquito wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM.

Biden grew up with a bad stutter, he still struggles with speech but I have not seen any indications of mental inability. While he has overcome his stutter to a big extent, he has to strain in articulating his views.

I would not regard these as gaffs, but still a speech issue.

DM, it would make sense understanding this rather than hurling invective

https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/stutte ... 20disorder.

I would rather see a man in charge who has a speech impediment than the glib, narcissistic liar that has torn his country apart for his own cynical ego.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » October 28, 2020, 7:52 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 28, 2020, 7:06 am
Even intelligent people are sometimes gullible.

Return to “U.S. Politics”