U.S. Politics

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 30, 2022, 6:16 am

Barney wrote:
July 29, 2022, 1:12 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:Woke up this morning to the fantastic news that Trump is running for POTUS in 2024 .. not 100% official yet but more less said as much and just holding off an official statement obviously to avoid paying the fees etc go with chucking your hat in the ring... expect this thread to get a lot more illuminated and watch out for Stattos toys as he throws them out his pram AGAIN.

Footnote ..IF he does run do members think he will win ????

DM.. back into the bushes
Every time one enters a race there is a chance to win if your in that race.
He should be nominated and get back on the horse.
It would show that American politics and the govt has embraced the Diversity and Inclusion pushed out by almost all groups who now promote through policy. A good lefty idea actually.

DM you must have lost more weight, no more fat finger comprehension mistakes.
Any way
Where you wheely bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pleased it seems my post has ignited some debate .. most know i am a huge Trump fan and even recently bought a Trump wig ... like myself the mainstream US media also seem to think Trump with landslide in 24 IF IF he does actually stand .. winning would be pretty much nailed on and i have vowed to change my name by deed poll to Donald WHEN HE DOES.

Been busy Barney .. Thai builders n all the BS that comes with them,. ive also been working on my spelting and gramma thus my posts from now on should be easier to reed .. a new hobby also .. cyber dusting cobwebs and lighting the blue touch paper on fourum threads.. giving Statto a plethora of ammunition for his bias inaccurate political whinging comments (see the Bojo and UK politics thread )

Morning Jacksplat ,, hope yer keeping well.

DM.. gliding back into the darkness behind a PTT Amazon

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 30, 2022, 8:07 am

Thai builders will drive you crazy, guess that explains....

"mainstream US media also seem to think Trump with landslide in 24 IF IF he does actually stand .. winning would be pretty much nailed on"

Or maybe the recent legalization of wacky weed.

Oh, pls define "mainstream US media." Doubt we'd be in agreement definition.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 30, 2022, 8:10 am

Mosquito wrote:
July 30, 2022, 8:07 am
Thai builders will drive you crazy, guess that explains....

"mainstream US media also seem to think Trump with landslide in 24 IF IF he does actually stand .. winning would be pretty much nailed on"

Or maybe the recent legalization of wacky weed.

Oh, pls define "mainstream US media." Doubt we'd be in agreement definition.

For context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olRl0o3M0fU

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 30, 2022, 11:58 am

A serious question for Trump supporters.

There is little doubt about what I think of the guy, I think his achievements in office were very small, he inherited an economy in full recovery, strong employment growth, a booming stock market, growing GDP and falling crime rates, and very importantly a deficit that was starting to shrink. All those trajectories flowed through from Obama's to Trump's tenure. He stacked the Supreme Court, and told so many lies that the estimate is more than 20,000.

Over 60 court cases, even those with Trump appointed judges debunked every single claim of voter fraud, crazy antics like the Maricopa Audit confirmed Biden had won that county. The Italians did not fly a satellite over the USA that hacked into voting networks, Mike Pompeo did not fly to Italy and arrest the Italian President or the Pope, this and so many other unbelievable stories defied belief. His own Attorney General said claims of widespread fraud were BS. The Jan 6 investigation calling witnesses from across the political divide have either claimed the fifth or confirmed his actions on that blight on democracy. The alternate elector's scheme, was in itself an attempt at fraud, admitted by Trump's own legal advisors in documents that have been released. Hundreds of thousands of people conducted the election, but not one of these came forward with credible evidence of fraud, many of these were registered Republicans, it is simply not credible that such the election could be rigged without the complicity of this immense group of administrators. From multiple sources, it has been confirmed that Trump thought maybe Mike Pence should be hung. He abused the leaders of France, Canada, Mexico, Australia and any others who were Allies of the USA, then he praised dictators from China, Russia, Korea, Hungary and Turkey.

He divided the nation like no other, but still has a huge following of devoted Trumpsters.

This leaves me shaking my head, how anybody could not despise the man, let alone worship him.

So I ask you, how can you still support Trump? What makes him a hero in your mind?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 30, 2022, 1:19 pm

It is because I feel like many American lawmakers that he offered something different at the beginning getting rid of the current MOLD of useless and generally inactive people, hoping for something that would make America Great Again.
AS you have pointed out sadly and like his business dealing most of what he said was lies, but with FOX being his mouthpiece and his use of twitter he managed to brainwash and manipulate so many that some are still in denial NOT really wanting to admit they are stupid or ignorant, which after listening to so many , they are stupid and ignorant.

Trump managed to do what many feared, divide a Nation and some Politicians and minor politicians, and a goodly prop;oprtion of the General Public love it, the divisive nature the name cal;ling gives them a boost toeir own flagging useless lives, now they have something to shoput about.

Even more sadly it shows that the general level of political acumen of the average American is very LOW .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2022, 1:29 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 30, 2022, 11:58 am
A serious question for Trump supporters.

There is little doubt about what I think of the guy, I think his achievements in office were very small, he inherited an economy in full recovery, strong employment growth, a booming stock market, growing GDP and falling crime rates, and very importantly a deficit that was starting to shrink. All those trajectories flowed through from Obama's to Trump's tenure. He stacked the Supreme Court, and told so many lies that the estimate is more than 20,000.

Over 60 court cases, even those with Trump appointed judges debunked every single claim of voter fraud, crazy antics like the Maricopa Audit confirmed Biden had won that county. The Italians did not fly a satellite over the USA that hacked into voting networks, Mike Pompeo did not fly to Italy and arrest the Italian President or the Pope, this and so many other unbelievable stories defied belief. His own Attorney General said claims of widespread fraud were BS. The Jan 6 investigation calling witnesses from across the political divide have either claimed the fifth or confirmed his actions on that blight on democracy. The alternate elector's scheme, was in itself an attempt at fraud, admitted by Trump's own legal advisors in documents that have been released. Hundreds of thousands of people conducted the election, but not one of these came forward with credible evidence of fraud, many of these were registered Republicans, it is simply not credible that such the election could be rigged without the complicity of this immense group of administrators. From multiple sources, it has been confirmed that Trump thought maybe Mike Pence should be hung. He abused the leaders of France, Canada, Mexico, Australia and any others who were Allies of the USA, then he praised dictators from China, Russia, Korea, Hungary and Turkey.

He divided the nation like no other, but still has a huge following of devoted Trumpsters.

This leaves me shaking my head, how anybody could not despise the man, let alone worship him.

So I ask you, how can you still support Trump? What makes him a hero in your mind?
It's maybe too hard for certain citizens of what's claimed to be the most democratic, openly free and successful country ever to consider they may have serious issues with fascism?

The UK's own self-styled tousle-haired dictator has just had his tail feathers pulled but the system and politics that spawned him is still alive and kicking.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 30, 2022, 4:49 pm

What really gets me scratching my head.....

Latino/Cuban-American support of the Republican Party.

Are they that stuck in the past, that they can't see what the Republican Party has become????
-

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 30, 2022, 4:53 pm

Only point that out, as without the Latino/Cuban American vote the Republican Party would be toast.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2022, 7:50 pm

A curious point well made. They (or their forebears) flee their own despots and dictaters and then vote for 'em in the US.

Needs more than just a hard slap methinks.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » July 30, 2022, 8:22 pm

It’s because the Democrats wanted to open up a relationship with Cuba.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 30, 2022, 8:34 pm

Guys, please do not hijack this thread about Hispanics, it is much broader than that
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 30, 2022, 8:40 pm

FMD Whistles ...... Hispanics are a vital, and growing part of the US political system.

How can discussing them be a "hijack".

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 30, 2022, 8:47 pm

what seems to be telling is not one single Trumpster has made a comment. Let's give them the opportunity of doing so.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 30, 2022, 10:51 pm

OK thats long enough Who is next???

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 31, 2022, 7:18 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 30, 2022, 8:40 pm
FMD Whistles ...... Hispanics are a vital, and growing part of the US political system.

How can discussing them be a "hijack".
Doodoo wrote:
July 30, 2022, 10:51 pm
OK thats long enough Who is next???

ME ME again .. surely Hispanics are important as under Biden ""wheres my slippers"" n Kamala ""word salad" Harris Thousands are entering the Us daily via its porous Southern border ..under Trump it was watter tight ..... just saying

Hi Mozzy .. great to see you are still with us !!

DM

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 31, 2022, 7:26 am

Whistler wrote:
July 30, 2022, 8:34 pm
Guys, please do not hijack this thread about Hispanics, it is much broader than that
For Context.

The white, non-Hispanic population, without another race, decreased by 8.6% since 2010, according to the new data from the 2020 census. The U.S. is now 57.8% white, 18.7% Hispanic, 12.4% Black and 6% Asian.

In all 50 states, the share of non-Hispanic White eligible voters declined between 2000 and 2018, with 10 states experiencing double-digit drops in the share of White eligible voters. During that same period, Hispanic voters have come to make up increasingly larger shares of the electorate in every state.

In 2024 hopefully Texas and Florida with the Hispanic vote will turn Blue, along with Arizona remaining Blue. That would lock up another 4 years in the Oval Office for a Democrat.

That's simple US politics, which I believe is not broadly related to this thread.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 31, 2022, 7:35 am

imigration was and will be a massive win for Trunp re voters past n present .. i suspect this next time 2024 he will focus more on law n order and landslide his way back into the white house

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 8:56 am

Mozzie,

Hispanics voted 2 to 1 for Biden, much more than any other ethnic group. From my experience living in the USA, the Mexicans were overwhelmingly pro Democratic, the Cubans and Porto Ricans pro Republican. I think this pattern has been around for decades.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 9:00 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 31, 2022, 7:35 am
imigration was and will be a massive win for Trunp re voters past n present .. i suspect this next time 2024 he will focus more on law n order and landslide his way back into the white house
John, the apprehension of illegals fell massively during Trumps presidency, Obama did a much better job

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 9:06 am

So far, only DM has been a brave enough Trumpster to respond. Regardless of the figures, he has identified Immigration as one of Trump's strengths. I put up a slew of factors about Trump's failings, are you disputing these or do you think they are irrelevant.

BTW, I don't think there is a snowflake' chance in hell he will win in a landslide, in fact I do not think he will ever be able to run for the presidency again for multiple reasons. not the least that the Republican party knows he is poison.

Return to “U.S. Politics”