U.S. Politics

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by tamada » July 31, 2022, 9:37 am

Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2022, 9:06 am
So far, only DM has been a brave enough Trumpster to respond. Regardless of the figures, he has identified Immigration as one of Trump's strengths. I put up a slew of factors about Trump's failings, are you disputing these or do you think they are irrelevant.

BTW, I don't think there is a snowflake' chance in hell he will win in a landslide, in fact I do not think he will ever be able to run for the presidency again for multiple reasons. not the least that the Republican party knows he is poison.
Legal immigration under Trump: It became harder. For example they decided to severely restrict visas for IT professionals and entrepreneurs from South Asia, notably India. They also introduced bizarre restrictions on what country a foreigner could transit to or even visit and return to US. For example, recently an Australian woman was deported from the US while en-route to Canada to take up unpaid work which was legal in Canada. Apparently, as part of their interrogation and assessment, the US border cops asked her if she had had an abortion.

Illegal immigration under Trump: As the USBP graph cited earlier, it became easier. His much lauded "big, beautiful" wall is both incomplete and ineffective while Mexico didn't pay a peso towards any of its construction.

Since he never won by a landslide when he beat Clinton, despite being up against a pair of totally dim Democratic bulbs, it's totally unrealistic to think he'll ever 'repeat' something he only ever did in his tiny mind.

US Election 2024: Two old men fighting over the last pickle at the Sunday brunch all-you-can-eat salad bar.
Last edited by tamada on July 31, 2022, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 31, 2022, 9:43 am

Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2022, 8:56 am
Mozzie,

Hispanics voted 2 to 1 for Biden, much more than any other ethnic group. From my experience living in the USA, the Mexicans were overwhelmingly pro Democratic, the Cubans and Porto Ricans pro Republican. I think this pattern has been around for decades.
Yes, pretty much the same pattern.

However, the population/demographic numbers have changed....thus making them a vital slice of the population (in vital states) in determining a president.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 31, 2022, 9:55 am

The real issue is getting Americans who previously voted Republican to realize....

Current Republican Party isn't the same Party that their parents and grandparents voted for!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 10:32 am

Mozzie, their hatred of progressives means they do not want to
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 10:47 am

I greatly suspect that there may not be any detailed responses to my post here from Trumpsters. The main reason, the facts cannot be disputed, they can only be ignored as they get in the way of their well-entrenched views

So here is my guess why they remain supporters. The core of Trump supporters are not Hispanics (despite some of whom are rusted on Republican voters), they comprise

- Republicans that cannot bear the thought of a second-term Democratic Party President, The extreme Tea-party group, a Republic win at all costs. If norms and laws are fudged, it is OK as long as a win can be secured against the despised progressives.

- Poorly educated whites who are worried about the identity of their race with blacks and Hispanics taking over. Their prejudices are race, gender and distrust of corporate America and other elites. They see Trump as their only champion.

- Fervent nationalists that embrace fascist views, fortified by conflating fundamentalist Christianity with Patriotism(I agree with you tam). Examples are Oath keepers (good people according to Trump), then a significant core of ex-military.

Trump played to these sectors in 2016, but his actual achievements 2016 - 20 were few and his behavior alienated the soft core of centralists Republicans and Independents who swung away. The Clinton haters also lost that reason to vote between 2016 and 2020 and were happier to switch to low-risk Biden. The 2016 was a vote for the lesser of two very poor candidates.

Trump will not get another 2016, in fact, I would suggest he is not likely to even run. Look out for a deal being offered to him, support a Republican candidate and you will get a presidential pardon as soon as the GOP president takes office. Probably a wise thing as I would hate to see the civil unrest if he is gaoled.

Heaven help him if a Dem wins again. An orange uniform to match his previous coffier, plus riots all over America. If you thought BLM protests were bad, multiply those by a large factor.
Last edited by Whistler on July 31, 2022, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 31, 2022, 10:53 am

Not a fan of the Far-Left players either.

However, far easier to hate someone that's taking you for a sucker and constantly lies and makes false promises.

GOP votes "No" on Bills...
to curb recession/fight inflation, prevent gas price gouging, to help veterans, to reduce medical/drug costs and to help average Americans and minority groups.

If they take over congress, good bye Social Security as we know it (high on my anti-Republican list, bit selfish on my part).
They'll cause both US deficit and debt to skyrocket to line their own pockets, pass laws that'll limit women/minority rights and continue to allow big business to abuse the average American.
Then they'll quietly shift back to supporting Putin and kill any climate change initiatives.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 11:13 am

Does anybody know a single Trump supporter who is not a climate change denier and ranges from being a racist to strong distrust of non-whites, in particular Muslims? He champions those causes.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 31, 2022, 11:36 am

Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2022, 9:06 am
So far, only DM has been a brave enough Trumpster to respond. Regardless of the figures, he has identified Immigration as one of Trump's strengths. I put up a slew of factors about Trump's failings, are you disputing these or do you think they are irrelevant.

BTW, I don't think there is a snowflake' chance in hell he will win in a landslide, in fact I do not think he will ever be able to run for the presidency again for multiple reasons. not the least that the Republican party knows he is poison.
IMO it takes years for the accurate immigration numbers to filter in ... so graphs are just lines and ups n downs nowt else , as for being accurate stastically..the jury is still out .

Compared to what the USA has as a POTUS and his VP Trump is a way better option .. the American people will speak and in 2024 im betting a Republican will be in the White House and more than likely it will be Mr Trump IF HE RUNS

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 31, 2022, 12:59 pm

Differences between the 2020 election season and today:
OAN network is pretty much out of business
Fox seems to have turned on Trump and, of course, Trump has turned on Fox.
No more twitter/facebook
The Justice Department and the Jan 6 commission are still chipping away
Rudy/Stone/Bannon/Eastman/Flynn no longer an influence
Alex Jones has declared bankcrupcy
Among other things

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 1:34 pm

parrot wrote:
July 31, 2022, 12:59 pm
No more twitter/facebook
Among other things
A souffle only rises once

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 31, 2022, 1:49 pm

parrot wrote:
July 31, 2022, 12:59 pm
No more twitter/facebook
Among other things
It has been interesting to observe:

1. The rapidity & frequency of those that supported Treasonous Scum 45 to take the fifth.

2. The reluctance / refusal of those that supported Treasonous Scum 45 to provide evidence under oath.

It would appear that pretty well the only things that those supporters of Treasonous Scum 45 are fully aware of are the penalties for committing perjury under oath.

A Google search provided the following on the penalties for committing perjury under oath in the USA:
A person convicted of perjury is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years, or to a fine, or to both.

In the United States, the general perjury statute under federal law classifies perjury as a felony and provides for a prison sentence of up to five years.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 8:40 pm

There are stacks of trumpsters on this site. Not one apart from DM has made any attempt to respond. Very telling.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 31, 2022, 8:48 pm

Lighten up, Whistles.

People are not compelled to post here - if they want to, they will. If they don't want to, up to them.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 9:34 pm

You know jack? Of course they are not compelled to post, but maybe, just maybe their views can be put to a test and challenging those views will cause them to confront and deal with unpalatable thoughts. Good lord man, the whole of America needs to put their brains into a least the first gear.

Sorry Jack, I think we should take on this stuff head on.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 31, 2022, 9:38 pm

If you were a US citizen, I could perhaps understand your obsession - god only knows we put up with Dermott/Lone Star/etc etc etc for long enough.

But you're not.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 31, 2022, 9:53 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 31, 2022, 9:38 pm
If you were a US citizen, I could perhaps understand your obsession - god only knows we put up with Dermott/Lone Star/etc etc etc for long enough.

But you're not.
Jack. I lived in the USA for many years. They are the most powerful nation in the western world, we need their leadership

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 1, 2022, 2:23 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2022, 8:40 pm
There are stacks of trumpsters on this site. Not one apart from DM has made any attempt to respond. Very telling.
jackspratt wrote:
July 31, 2022, 8:48 pm
Lighten up, Whistles.

People are not compelled to post here - if they want to, they will. If they don't want to, up to them.
You're both right, IMO. Trump is pretty much a personality cult. His supporters cannot support most of his substantive positions when they're subjected to informed, rational, critical thinking.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 1, 2022, 3:42 pm

Hmmmm when was the last time the electorate used informed, rational, and critical thinking.?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 1, 2022, 7:53 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 1, 2022, 3:42 pm
Hmmmm when was the last time the electorate used informed, rational, and critical thinking.?
Point to you, sir.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 1, 2022, 9:19 pm

The individuals that I know who are die-hard Trump supporters are people who are looking for something to fear and hate (usually some type of prejudice) and are looking for someone/something to blame all their problems on (usually some type of prejudice).

If the previous POTUS had gotten his way and eliminated the payroll tax, it was have destroyed peoples lives, but for whatever reason those individuals didn’t realize that. And when the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act sunsets in 2025, and those individuals realize that their tax cuts expired while the corporations tax cuts are forever, they probably still won’t acknowledge how they got ******.

Return to “U.S. Politics”