U.S. Politics

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by tamada » August 11, 2023, 3:14 am

How about Manchin's Choice? Looks like he's about done with the swamp Democrats. Shows how very very bad they are at strategizing when so many of their "vote for Biden" initiatives would more than likely result in Round Two of Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... dApp_Other

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 11, 2023, 7:44 am

tamada wrote:
August 11, 2023, 3:14 am
How about Manchin's Choice? Looks like he's about done with the swamp Democrats. Shows how very very bad they are at strategizing when so many of their "vote for Biden" initiatives would more than likely result in Round Two of Trump.

Come on, Get Real.

Manchin, only serves Manchin. He plays both sides of the swamp and his rich donors.

He does play a good game, have to give him credit for that. With that said, he'd be stupid to switch parties now.......as (IMO) Dems will control both houses in 2025 and his vote / leverage would be weaker as a Republican.

Add that Sinema is a dead fish in 2024, and Lake will most likely be the Republican Senate candidate (she couldn't even win the governors race) any half decent Dem would beat her (even Ruben Gallego).

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 11, 2023, 7:46 am

Mosquito wrote:
August 11, 2023, 7:44 am
tamada wrote:
August 11, 2023, 3:14 am

Come on, Get Real.

Manchin, only serves Manchin. He plays both sides of the swamp and his rich donors.

He does play a good game, have to give him credit for that. With that said, he'd be stupid to switch parties now.......as (IMO) Dems will control both houses in 2025 and his vote / leverage would be weaker as a Republican.

Add that Sinema (his partner in crime) is a dead fish in 2024, and Lake will most likely be the Republican Senate candidate (she couldn't even win the governors race) any half decent Dem would beat her (even Ruben Gallego).

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2023, 9:44 am

So the extremists that exist in Democrat party are just as powerful and bad as their Republican counterparts and notably just as nervous. Both sides appear to be going for broke while hoping the other side implodes first.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 11, 2023, 2:18 pm

tamada wrote:
August 11, 2023, 9:44 am
So the extremists that exist in Democrat party are just as powerful and bad as their Republican counterparts and notably just as nervous. Both sides appear to be going for broke while hoping the other side implodes first.
I agree, but...

There have always been extremists in almost every government throughout the world, but fortunately they have been a minority and kept from doing harm by the moderate majority in most cases.

In the case of the USA today, there are many at top, and in positions of power in the Republican Party who are very much extremists, there are few if any in senior positions in the Democratic Party.

I am not exaggerating when I say the Republican Party is dominated by extremists.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2023, 3:08 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2023, 2:18 pm
tamada wrote:
August 11, 2023, 9:44 am
I agree, but...

There have always been extremists in almost every government throughout the world, but fortunately they have been a minority and kept from doing harm by the moderate majority in most cases.

In the case of the USA today, there are many at top, and in positions of power in the Republican Party who are very much extremists, there are few if any in senior positions in the Democratic Party.

I am not exaggerating when I say the Republican Party is dominated by extremists.
How come we only hear about the noisome, perpetually angry few? Just because they don't do all that hair on fire stuff doesn't mean all the Democrats are the polar opposite and a friendly bunch of moderates. The Republicans may be in-your-face and rowdy about grabbing power but I see the Democrats as simply being more Machiavellian in their quest for the same thing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... es/672856/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 11, 2023, 3:57 pm

Nothing revealing about this article apart from even factional moderates in the GOP trekking more to the Right.

The GOP IS dominated by extremists who hold all of the positions of power. At the top you have Trump who now looks like he has totally lost it, you have purge of not just moderates, but GOP members who do not sign on to the crazy stances of that party, look at Cheney!.

There is no loony Left exacting chaos in the USA but the same can not be said of the loony Right.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 11, 2023, 4:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2023, 3:57 pm

There is no loony Left exacting chaos in the USA but the same can not be said of the loony Right.
Check out the campuses of many U.S. Universities, libraries and bureaucracies. and you'll find your woke/progressives creating numerous problems. I'm not sure about New Zealand and Australia, but the loony left are doing their thing in Canada and the U.K. too.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 11, 2023, 4:27 pm

LYM, my considerable experience about the academic world is it lives in its own bubble, it is irrelevant. Students and staff included.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 11, 2023, 5:02 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2023, 4:27 pm
LYM, my considerable experience about the academic world is it lives in its own bubble, it is irrelevant. Students and staff included.
That is a very dumb statement if you really believe the loony left/woke/progressives have not filtered into many aspects of daily life. They do not confine their infiltration and propaganda to just the academic world. Surely you know better.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 11, 2023, 5:59 pm

LYM, I was president of major party I n my city for several years. My good childhood friend and neighbour was the longest serving Premier of Australia's largest state, then foreign minister, I am a long time friend of Alabanese In my professional life, my customers were ANU, RMIT, QUT, and around 20 other academic tertiary bodies. Tell me again about politics. Kids in Uni are involved, both left and right wing, they are irrevant cannon fodder used by all major parties.

Want to deliver pamphlets and door knock an electorate, go to the uni political club and get 20 pimply faced youth to do the job for a couple of pizzas and cans of pop... nobody takes them seriously

Also you are delusional if you think all students are radical lefties. Abbott was president of Sydney University young conservatives, there are plenty of really right wingers in universities and colleges irrelevant at that stage of their life unless you want to harness cheap labour.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 11, 2023, 10:05 pm

I don't remember Sir David Brand becoming Foreign Minister after retiring as Premier of WA. :-k

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 12, 2023, 3:31 am

Biggest state, not most empty and remote state

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 12, 2023, 7:29 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 11, 2023, 5:02 pm
Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2023, 4:27 pm
That is a very dumb statement if you really believe the loony left/woke/progressives have not filtered into many aspects of daily life. They do not confine their infiltration and propaganda to just the academic world. Surely you know better.

I have no issues with progressives, and don't see being woke (by any definition) as a bad thing.

Will give that some left politicians a bit loony...........however, seems by all accounts the Title of Loony Party firmly sits with the current US Republican Party.

Oh, on pandering to college students and the academic world......one party states facts and hopes of making peoples lives better and treating people equally. The other party twists facts, outright lies, uses scare tactics and attacks the rights of others that don't fit their niche.

You surely know and see this.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » August 12, 2023, 12:13 pm

Jordan Peterson on woke idealism. He thinks it is a bad thing and real in the western university systems.

I tend to agree.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 12, 2023, 12:27 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 12, 2023, 3:31 am
Oh! ...... you meant largest and biggest in the sense of being corrupt. 👍

In terms of longevity, Sir Henry Parkes must be scratching his chin somewhere. :-k

Anyway, back on topic.

Any bets on how long before the Grifting Insurrectionist shoots his mouth off in defiance of the court orders of Judge Tanya Chutkan in his Jan 6 trial?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 12, 2023, 1:49 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2023, 5:59 pm
LYM, I was president of major party I n my city for several years. My good childhood friend and neighbour was the longest serving Premier of Australia's largest state, then foreign minister, I am a long time friend of Alabanese In my professional life, my customers were ANU, RMIT, QUT, and around 20 other academic tertiary bodies. Tell me again about politics. Kids in Uni are involved, both left and right wing, they are irrevant cannon fodder used by all major parties.

Want to deliver pamphlets and door knock an electorate, go to the uni political club and get 20 pimply faced youth to do the job for a couple of pizzas and cans of pop... nobody takes them seriously

Also you are delusional if you think all students are radical lefties. Abbott was president of Sydney University young conservatives, there are plenty of really right wingers in universities and colleges irrelevant at that stage of their life unless you want to harness cheap labour.
Why do you repeatedly insist on quoting excerpts from your vast, endless but ultimately unverifiable life's resume to defend your opinions?

(rhetorical)
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 12, 2023, 1:56 pm

If you make a statement it is worth providing your credentials. If you have a problem with that tough luck.

For a guy who frequently boasts about how many women he has banged, you come over as a complete hypocrite.

If discussing politics, then credentials have some credibility and merit. In talking about being a Sensitive New Age Bonker (SNAG) it has no bearing on any discussion on this forum, just indulgent boasting.
Last edited by Whistler on August 13, 2023, 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 12, 2023, 3:00 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 12, 2023, 12:27 pm
Whistler wrote:
August 12, 2023, 3:31 am
Oh! ...... you meant largest and biggest in the sense of being corrupt. 👍

In terms of longevity, Sir Henry Parkes must be scratching his chin somewhere. :-k

Anyway, back on topic.

Any bets on how long before the Grifting Insurrectionist shoots his mouth off in defiance of the court orders of Judge Tanya Chutkan in his Jan 6 trial?
best look at your clock and not the calendar

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 12, 2023, 5:35 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 11, 2023, 5:59 pm

Your political list of friends is really impressive. Wow! Now if you can apply some of your knowledge gained from your background into political acumen such as not writing meaningless lists, no-one should doubt your political smarts any longer

Who suggested that all students are radical lefties? Not me. This is simply another case of putting your own words in someone else's mouth.

Finally, you are trying to deflect again. The problem of woke/progressive thinking is not just confined to the academic world. You should know that as a politically astute commentator. Yes, I recognise that right wing extremists are a threat to society just as much as those on the left.

Return to “U.S. Politics”