U.S. Politics

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Whistler » December 13, 2022, 11:59 am

tamada wrote:
December 13, 2022, 11:41 am
I was simply responding to FrazeeDK's questioning of what constitutes an expert and "their political leanings."
Sure 55, however this is what you posted.

'Not my idea of an "expert" either.

But as you say, there's no willingness by either party to try and fix anything so the accusations of elections being fixed will persist. It's on the same planet as term limits'.

No need to get into any further discussion, nothing but the facts suffices

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 13, 2022, 1:01 pm

So why don't you debate with the other member who PRIMARILY questioned the political leaning of the amazingly well qualified person that you presented as an expert? I just happened to agree with them.

As for term limits, as someone with a greater grasp of the idiomatic has already stated several times, turkeys don't vote for Christmas. There's been a fair mix of both Republican and Democrat control of legislation over the decades so how come NEITHER party seems particularly motivated to change things in this regard? It's something that needs changing but when I mention it here, your hair catches fire?

So even when I agree with you that there's something that needs repairing here, you chose to cherry pick (and copy and paste with added emphasis) the bits of my comments that somehow make you see red.

I'll give you 10 for effort, misguided as it may be.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 13, 2022, 1:17 pm

I did not direct my comments on the 'expert' posts at any poster, read my post again and you will see that.

Frazee stated Pippa was not his definition of an expert, as did you, my response about her credentials did not mention any poster, I simply asked if Pippa was not an expert who was?

As for changing electoral things, the requirement to do so requires states surrendering their control over voter legislation, the Republican controlled states will not give up that power. However, as a matter of policy, the democratic party has this in their publicly stated policy. This proves your statement about either party is incorrect.

If you don't want to get picked up for erroneous statements, don't make them in the first place, or at least have the grace to admit when you are wrong.

Mozzie picked me up on a mistake I made a few days ago, I thanked him for the correction.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 13, 2022, 1:53 pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 13, 2022, 2:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 13, 2022, 1:17 pm
I did not direct my comments on the 'expert' posts at any poster, read my post again and you will see that.

Frazee stated Pippa was not his definition of an expert, as did you, my response about her credentials did not mention any poster, I simply asked if Pippa was not an expert who was?

As for changing electoral things, the requirement to do so requires states surrendering their control over voter legislation, the Republican controlled states will not give up that power. However, as a matter of policy, the democratic party has this in their publicly stated policy. This proves your statement about either party is incorrect.

If you don't want to get picked up for erroneous statements, don't make them in the first place, or at least have the grace to admit when you are wrong.

Mozzie picked me up on a mistake I made a few days ago, I thanked him for the correction.
Good grief man, get over yourself. Nobody is obliged to apologize to anyone for having a perceived fact deficit. You have already said that there's "No need to get into any further discussion" so without getting personal, why is your hair still on fire?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 13, 2022, 2:49 pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 13, 2022, 7:08 pm

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 13, 2022, 10:20 pm

3 topics in recent posts.

Who is an expert in USA electoral issues

Who is blocking electoral reform

Who cannot admit they got it wrong.

All directly addressed, not the slightest bit tangential.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 14, 2022, 3:27 am

Whistler wrote:
December 13, 2022, 10:20 pm

There are three contenders in each category: you, Khun Paul, tamada
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 14, 2022, 7:09 am

Me I am just making educated observations, personally I do not care one jot about American Politics other than it may affect me if the USA implodes Politically as the resulting mayhem MAY affect my life. It does show just how gullible, ignorant and unthinking a lot of Ameicans are and that supposedly coming from the USA is worrying for their Democratic Political Future !!

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 14, 2022, 8:14 am

Off and On Topic:

"without getting personal" just my feeling on previous posts.

Tamada - "Nobody is obliged to apologize to anyone for having a perceived fact deficit." Agree with this, especially on an open forum. However, believe the correct thing is to admit your mistake/fact deficit.
* Just saying, doesn't mean I follow my own beliefs 100% of the time....I'm human!!

Whistler - "changing electoral things" Yes, mostly Democrats want to eliminate the electoral college for the popular vote in presidential elections.

Paul - "how gullible, ignorant and unthinking a lot of Americans are" 6 years ago, I'd of taken offense to this. Now, I have to agree with you.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 14, 2022, 9:29 am

Might be a little off topic, but will close the loop.

Of Note:
10 Worst States in the United States, All Republican Controlled.
* List debatable, but if you watch the video you'll see some common problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBt_13iVERg

If you watched the video did you catch education as being a common issue (not really a problem, if you're a Republican Politician...uneducated/stupid people are easier to control).

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 14, 2022, 9:35 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
December 14, 2022, 3:27 am
Whistler wrote:
December 13, 2022, 10:20 pm

There are three contenders in each category: you, Khun Paul, tamada
In reality, there's only two.

I am inside the head of one of them so it only looks like three.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 14, 2022, 9:38 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 14, 2022, 7:09 am
Me I am just making educated observations, personally I do not care one jot about American Politics other than it may affect me if the USA implodes Politically as the resulting mayhem MAY affect my life. It does show just how gullible, ignorant and unthinking a lot of Ameicans are and that supposedly coming from the USA is worrying for their Democratic Political Future !!
Gullible probably but why do you persist with this broad brush of ignorance?

You were doing so well in rehab too.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 14, 2022, 9:58 am

The turnout in 2020 and the midterms by voters opposed to the cynicism and downright evil from the Trumpists/MAGA/Qanon/Tea Party bigots gives a glimmer of hope that all is not lost in America, but it is a close thing.

The basterdisation of religion and excessive nationalism has fueled hatred, bigotry etc by scores of millions of Americans. It is this sector that should be reviled by civilised people, but let's not forget there is still an awful lot of Americans who are not like that at all.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 14, 2022, 10:18 am

Whistler wrote:
December 14, 2022, 9:58 am
The turnout in 2020 and the midterms by voters opposed to the cynicism and downright evil from the Trumpists/MAGA/Qanon/Tea Party bigots gives a glimmer of hope that all is not lost in America, but it is a close thing.

The basterdisation of religion and excessive nationalism has fueled hatred, bigotry etc by scores of millions of Americans. It is this sector that should be reviled by civilised people, but let's not forget there is still an awful lot of Americans who are not like that at all.
Total agreement. It's tragic that to all intents and purposes, the grandees of the GOP threw their hand in with 45 and thus gave the Trumpists/MAGA/Qanon/Tea Party bigots so much unchallenged bandwidth. There's going to be something more than a deep-cleaning, second wash program to get that stain out.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 14, 2022, 10:47 am

Try the dry cleaners
heard they are pretty good at that sort of thing

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 14, 2022, 11:36 am

tamada wrote:
December 14, 2022, 9:38 am
Khun Paul wrote:

Ignorance because in todays society information is so easy to come by THE TRICK is to ascertain what is complete piffle and what is based on fact and oly by constant searhing and investigation can a person come to some sort of determination as to what is correct. In days of yore one used to find seekers of the truth immersed in books, scouring libraries and any papers regarding matters that affect life in general. Thise bits of information are nortmally researched and checked more often than not to ascertain correctness.
NOW we have the internet where any person can post absolute drivel and people believe it forgetting the old age old principle, check and check again if you believe it to be true okay , but these days people just take it at face value, hence IGNORANCE is attached to them !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 14, 2022, 11:46 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 14, 2022, 11:36 am
tamada wrote:
December 14, 2022, 9:38 am
Khun Paul wrote:

Ignorance because in todays society information is so easy to come by THE TRICK is to ascertain what is complete piffle and what is based on fact and oly by constant searhing and investigation can a person come to some sort of determination as to what is correct. In days of yore one used to find seekers of the truth immersed in books, scouring libraries and any papers regarding matters that affect life in general. Thise bits of information are nortmally researched and checked more often than not to ascertain correctness.
NOW we have the internet where any person can post absolute drivel and people believe it forgetting the old age old principle, check and check again if you believe it to be true okay , but these days people just take it at face value, hence IGNORANCE is attached to them !!
So it's NOT a uniquely American trait then.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 14, 2022, 5:45 pm

I'd say a lot of the problem is people getting into their particular political comfort zone and ONLY getting information from whatever partisan echo chamber that tickles their fancy. I've seen some pretty dang intelligent educated people post total drivel that could be debunked in a 30 second google search...
Dave

Return to “U.S. Politics”