U.S. Politics

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » December 19, 2021, 7:03 am

The number of cases is important. Even double vaccinated getting Covid would be a major inconvenience for me and many others. If case numbers climb really high, I might stop going to the gym, go less often or go at times when fewer people might be there. I'd also reduce the frequency of travel on public transport.

And linking to the thread title, I suppose many American voters might be doing something similar.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 19, 2021, 7:10 am

GT93 wrote:
December 19, 2021, 7:03 am
The number of cases is important. Even double vaccinated getting Covid would be a major inconvenience for me and many others. If case numbers climb really high, I might stop going to the gym, go less often or go at times when fewer people might be there. I'd also reduce the frequency of travel on public transport.

And linking to the thread title, I suppose many American voters might be doing something similar.
You are assuming that the published figures of nearly 40 million American voters who are not vaccinated have the ability to think , are you ....lol

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 19, 2021, 7:26 am

Love how some are referring to others as fear mongers concerning Covid, yet are using Ivermectin and HCQ Cocktails to fight Covid. Truly amazing.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 31, 2021, 11:42 am

Looks like the geographically challenged and small worldly Republican Sen. Ted Cruz really is presidential material.

"US senator Ted Cruz has been ridiculed for posting a tweet in which he mixed up the American state of Washington with Western Australia while criticising Covid restrictions.

The Republican politician – who tried to win the party’s presidential nomination in 2016 – retweeted a post by the government of Western Australia, whose handle is WA Government – that appeared to advise a woman that dancing would not permitted at a New Year’s Eve party at her home.

Cruz, who has campaigned against pandemic restrictions, took it as cue to attack the Democrat-led state of Washington, whose widely used abbreviation is also WA, saying that those in leadership were “power-drunk authoritarian kill-joys”. This was despite the fact that the original tweet did not mention Washington.

Cruz tweeted: “Blue-state Dems are power-drunk authoritarian kill-joys. Washington State: NO DANCING ALLOWED!!! Any rational & free citizen: Piss off.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -kill-joys
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 31, 2021, 9:50 pm

Spiro Agnew, Nixon's VP, was a bumbler like this who often forgot where he was.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 1, 2022, 1:58 pm

From my reading memory, wasn't Spiro Agnew held accountable for being a naughty boy? If he was a modern American politician, he'd have TV channels and a cult supporting him.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 5, 2022, 10:03 am

It seems that ex-VP Pence has gathered up the courage to directly call out Trump's election bullshiiitt.
Mike Pence says Donald Trump is 'wrong' to say election could be overturned

Former vice-president Mike Pence directly rebuts Donald Trump's false claims that Mr Pence could have overturned the results of the 2020 election, saying that the former president was simply "wrong".......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-05/ ... /100807408

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 5, 2022, 4:23 pm

I think the old boy did the right thing when it came to the crunch.
Vice-presidents play only a ceremonial role in the the counting of Electoral College votes, and any attempt to interfere in the count would have represented an extraordinary violation of the law and an assault on the democratic process.
I'd venture to suggest the US was on the verge of a civil war that day and I don't think this was lost on Pence.

Feel free to disagree with me, readers, my character is robust enough to consider other people's views. ;)
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 10, 2022, 5:32 am

Chris Cuomo is a greedy bastard. :fryingpan:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 10, 2022, 8:10 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 5, 2022, 10:03 am
It seems that ex-VP Pence has gathered up the courage to directly call out Trump's election bullshiiitt.
Mike Pence says Donald Trump is 'wrong' to say election could be overturned

Former vice-president Mike Pence directly rebuts Donald Trump's false claims that Mr Pence could have overturned the results of the 2020 election, saying that the former president was simply "wrong".......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-05/ ... /100807408
It would be helpful if more Republicans stood up and were critical of the former President.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 23, 2022, 6:10 pm

^ Not going to happen. They're even suggesting that Putin was scared of Trump and that's why he never invaded Ukraine during 45's shiitshow.

On the other hand...

MSNBC: Maddow Blog | Why Putin didn’t invade Ukraine during the last U.S. administration.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna17147
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 24, 2022, 1:47 am

Trump's Truth Social botches its launch:
Former president Donald Trump, a longtime critic of how Democrats debuted Healthcare.gov, is facing a bungled website launch of his own.

His long-promised social network, Truth Social, has been almost entirely inaccessible in the first days of its grand debut because of technical glitches, a 13-hour outage and a 300,000-person waitlist.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... 34e7a4cd8b
The site had been heralded for months as the crown jewel of Trump’s post-presidential business ambitions, with allies pledging it would revolutionize social media and take down the mainstream social networks where Trump is banned.

But early glimpses at Truth Social suggest its offerings are almost identical to what Twitter and other sites have offered for years — except tweets are called “truths,” and retweets “retruths.” The site’s early struggles also have fueled doubts that Trump’s company will be able to handle tougher long-term challenges, such as policing for dangerous content and guarding against cyberattacks.
More crap from one of America's most dishonest businessmen. Surely the Republicans can do better than this rubbish from Putin's pal. Early days, I suppose.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 24, 2022, 7:36 am

So much for free speech and censorship. Two people have already been banned. LOL

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 24, 2022, 8:16 am

"Truth Social already censoring content, bans user who made fun of Trump Media CEO"

Tack up another untruth for the Orange one

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 24, 2022, 8:42 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 24, 2022, 8:16 am
"Truth Social already censoring content, bans user who made fun of Trump Media CEO"

Tack up another untruth for the Orange one
I wonder if they realise that the lefties will join in droves just to troll. Remember the rallies that trump turned up to empty because everyone booked tickets with no intention of even going :lol: ,quite good their giving a platform for you to abuse trump. The guy is a glutton for punishment
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 26, 2022, 12:05 pm

I find it difficult to accept that the flakey missus doesn't speak her usual shxt at home to her Supreme Court justice husband. Roberts needs to do something:
The direct connection between Ginni’s texts and Clarence’s dissent in the supreme court’s ruling over disclosure of those same texts to Congress takes the issue to a new level. It raises the question of whether Clarence Thomas had any awareness of what was in the material that the January 6 committee demanded to see.

As Dan Rather, the former CBS News anchor, put it: “What does Clarence Thomas know? And when did he know it?”

The Thomases have always denied that they discuss each other’s work. In one of her texts, however, written three weeks after the 2020 election, she responded to Meadows – who described the attempt to overturn Biden’s win as “a fight of good versus evil” – by saying:

“Thank you!! Needed that! This plus a conversation with my best friend just now … I will try to keep holding on.”

“My best friend”, although veiled, was beyond doubt a reference to her husband, according to Mayer of the New Yorker, who tweeted: “‘best friend’ is how the Thomases refer to one another”.
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/ma ... f-interest

:shock:

This is awful.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 26, 2022, 12:38 pm

GT93 wrote:
March 26, 2022, 12:05 pm

I find it difficult to accept that the flakey missus doesn't speak her usual shxt at home to her Supreme Court justice husband. Roberts needs to do something:
The direct connection between Ginni’s texts and Clarence’s dissent in the supreme court’s ruling over disclosure of those same texts to Congress takes the issue to a new level. It raises the question of whether Clarence Thomas had any awareness of what was in the material that the January 6 committee demanded to see.

As Dan Rather, the former CBS News anchor, put it: “What does Clarence Thomas know? And when did he know it?”

The Thomases have always denied that they discuss each other’s work. In one of her texts, however, written three weeks after the 2020 election, she responded to Meadows – who described the attempt to overturn Biden’s win as “a fight of good versus evil” – by saying:

“Thank you!! Needed that! This plus a conversation with my best friend just now … I will try to keep holding on.”

“My best friend”, although veiled, was beyond doubt a reference to her husband, according to Mayer of the New Yorker, who tweeted: “‘best friend’ is how the Thomases refer to one another”.
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/ma ... f-interest

:shock:

This is awful.
Well Thomas was nominated by George H W Bush after all.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 26, 2022, 5:40 pm

Uncle Joe is now blaming run away inflation on the Ukraine situation ????? He also warns that the US will also have food shortages. He refuses to admit that his crippling the US oil industry has caused huge problems. High oil prices make everything more expensive. Nearly all products are delivered by trucks. Buying electric cars is not going to help. Joe gets advice from the super moron John Kerry.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 26, 2022, 6:40 pm

Bring back Donald Trump!
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 26, 2022, 6:45 pm

Earnest wrote:
March 26, 2022, 6:40 pm
Bring back Donald Trump!
Just have to wait for him or his appointee a bit longer. Rip Van Winkle Biden is still sleeping.

Return to “U.S. Politics”