U.S. Politics

Vlad123456
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by Vlad123456 » July 30, 2018, 7:17 pm

Why do you constantly bash brits specially ones who are reguler members of the falang community i have reported you Somchai

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by pipoz4444 » July 30, 2018, 7:36 pm

Giggle wrote:
July 29, 2018, 12:02 am
This is why the globalists are going out of their minds. Their world is being turned inside-out. Samuel Huntington was right.
Extract: He argued that future wars would be fought not between countries, but between cultures, and that Islamic extremism would become the biggest threat to world peace. Huntington is credited with helping to shape U.S. views on civilian-military relations, political development, and comparative government.

Not sure when he actually stated this, but he is not far wrong

Also Enoch Powell also got it spot on, back in the late 60's with his Rivers of Blood speech. Just have a look at the UK and Londonistan now. My Grandfather was a Powell (and also spelt with 2 L's), but I never knew his first name. Maybe it was Enoch =D> [-o< \:D/

"In the aftermath of the Rivers of Blood speech, several polls suggested that between 67% and 82% of the UK population agreed with Powell's opinions". \:D/ =; =;

Enoch Powell.jpg
pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 30, 2018, 8:31 pm

Vlad123456 wrote:
July 30, 2018, 7:17 pm
Why do you constantly bash brits specially ones who are reguler members of the falang community i have reported you Somchai
I don't believe what I'm reading. From the guy who bashes anything and everything American every chance he gets -- and yet no one calls out the dogs on vlad.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Vlad123456
udonmap.com

Post by Vlad123456 » July 30, 2018, 9:23 pm

Comrade when did i attack a member on here or bash Yanks, at least i did not recieve a ban for constantly Attacing, and disrupting the forum and its members and the Monachy, who has been reported more than anyone for brit bashing ?? So before you throw stones in my direction look closer at home.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 31, 2018, 12:12 am

Vlad, I do to Brits exactly what you do to Americans. The difference between us is that you go running for help everytime you read something you don't like.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 31, 2018, 8:24 am

Gentlemen, can we get back to Trump addressing the EU trade deficit, please?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 31, 2018, 4:05 pm

In 2016, Obama said "some jobs just aren't coming back." He also said we could keep our health insurance and our doctors (LIE OF THE YEAR in many quarters).

Obama said someone would need a magic wand to bring all those jobs back. Make a better deal? How's (he) going to make a better deal?

TRUMP MUST HAVE A MAGIC WAND.

STEADY WINNING.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 31, 2018, 4:08 pm

Trump's message is definitely resonating with Americans when it comes to Immigration and Border Enforcement.

The latest Harvard/Harris poll shows the most important issues for Americans leading up to the 2018 midterm elections, and number 1 for ALL Americans was Immigration coming in at 36%. Conservative midterm voters rated it highest at 51%. Republican midterm voters rated it highest at 46%. Independents rated it highest at 36%.

Tax reform was one of the LEAST important issues for all midterm voters. The more obscure issues for American midterm voters also included climate change, race relations, and the national debt.

Trump’s “America First” immigration agenda has had widespread support for years now. A previous Harvard/Harris poll found that nearly two in three voters (66%) support Trump’s effort to reduce overall immigration to the country. The US currently admits more than 1.5 million legal immigrants every year.

Nearly 65% of ALL voters said they want to see LEGAL immigration levels reduced and ILLEGAL immigration stopped. Of those numbers, almost half said they wanted to see immigration cut anywhere from zero to 250,000 admissions per year.

More than 60% of Latinos voting say they want LEGAL immigration cut drastically.

Ending the program of catch-and-release also has 75% support among ALL voters.

The Harvard/Harris poll revealed that 77% of white voters, 53% of blacks and 51% of Latinos believe that the US needs to fully enforce immigration laws.

Because of the massive numbers of low-skilled immigrants admitted into the US for the last half century, median earnings for full time American workers were lower in 2016 than they were in 2007. Immigration has been the prime contributor for wage stagnation in the US.

This will be Trump's prime target leading into the midterm elections.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 31, 2018, 5:01 pm

I don't know where you're getting your numbers, Lone Star. You also are a bit ambiguous, first talking about the "latest" poll but then citing numbers from the "previous" poll. First, let me say that I have no horse in this race. I don't like President Trump; I think that he's a rude, ignorant and uninformed buffoon who has severe narcissistic and ego issues and is woefully aware of history. That said, I do agree with some of the things that he's done and the positions he's taken, and I agree with some of them strongly.

But back to the poll. I have in front of me the June, 2018 results of the Harvard/Harris Poll. Immigration? In response to the question, "Do you approve or disapprove of the job President Trump is doing on immigration?", 46% approve and 54% disapprove. Just looking at the "strongly" indicator, 26% "strongly approve" while 42% "strongly disapprove" across the entire sample of 1,448 respondents.

In response to the question, "If you had to choose one priority for dealing with illegal immigration, which one would you choose?" a plurality chose "A way for immigrants who want to come to the U.S. to apply for citizenship if they meet requirements." That sounds like increasing legal immigration, not decreasing it.

So without getting into my own opinions on the very complex issue of immigration, the "latest" poll doesn't seem to support your statements above.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 31, 2018, 6:06 pm

Udon Map wrote:
July 31, 2018, 5:01 pm
I don't know where you're getting your numbers, Lone Star. You also are a bit ambiguous, first talking about the "latest" poll but then citing numbers from the "previous" poll. First, let me say that I have no horse in this race. I don't like President Trump; I think that he's a rude, ignorant and uninformed buffoon who has severe narcissistic and ego issues and is woefully aware of history. That said, I do agree with some of the things that he's done and the positions he's taken, and I agree with some of them strongly.

But back to the poll. I have in front of me the June, 2018 results of the Harvard/Harris Poll. Immigration? In response to the question, "Do you approve or disapprove of the job President Trump is doing on immigration?", 46% approve and 54% disapprove. Just looking at the "strongly" indicator, 26% "strongly approve" while 42% "strongly disapprove" across the entire sample of 1,448 respondents.

In response to the question, "If you had to choose one priority for dealing with illegal immigration, which one would you choose?" a plurality chose "A way for immigrants who want to come to the U.S. to apply for citizenship if they meet requirements." That sounds like increasing legal immigration, not decreasing it.

So without getting into my own opinions on the very complex issue of immigration, the "latest" poll doesn't seem to support your statements above.
So you pull two questions from the entire poll of over 220 pages to discount the numbers provided? 555

Here's the pdf format of the poll: http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content ... e_Memo.pdf

Read up and try to do better next time. :)

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 31, 2018, 6:31 pm

Here's is the summary from Harvard on the same poll.
Although American voters are sympathetic to immigrant families being separated at the border, they demand stronger border security and immigration enforcement. Voters do not believe that families ought to be separated when they cross illegally (88%), and they support the Trump administration’s late policy reversal, allowing families to stay together (71%), even if it was done unilaterally through an executive order.

A majority of voters want immigration reform (73%) and secure borders (76%). Voters also want stricter enforcement of immigration laws (70%). Voters support prosecuting immigrants who cross the border illegally (53%) and sending these immigrants home (64%). A majority (55%) also stand against so-called “catch and release” policies.
It's easy to see based on this how there is a bias when "Trump" is named, but when dealing with pure immigration issues, the results are unmistakable.

https://caps.gov.harvard.edu/news/caps- ... ign-policy

Even citizens who are Democrats want stricter border enforcement, but they're not going to agree to like puppies if Trump likes puppies. In other words, just as with your own post, the fact that Trump has anything to do with it causes a different reaction from some. In many cases, Democrats now reject policies and programs that they supported when past presidents were in office. Just another sign of TDS.

That's why one of your cherry-picked questions doesn't seem to back up strict border enforcement.

The question about a priority of dealing with illegals is already addressed by the US. The federal government already has laws in place for illegals to apply for citizenship if they meet requirements.

Vlad123456
udonmap.com

Post by Vlad123456 » July 31, 2018, 7:24 pm

Its all fake news and bluster against trump you will mever get a fair answer from Comrade.

Vlad123456
udonmap.com

Post by Vlad123456 » July 31, 2018, 7:28 pm

Because i do not attack members personally or attack there royal family you do both Giggles and get away with it. Thats why you should have been banned permanantly but your the teflon don of the map

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 31, 2018, 7:31 pm

ah but an illegal doesn't meet any requirements to be a citizen.. They're in the States illegally.. For all the blather about "build the wall" border security is just one piece of fixing the illegal immigrant problem and that's they key issue. Is there any mass support in Congress for making E-Verify mandatory for all job applicants?? Is there any legislation in committee or moving forward that has criminal penalties for employers who knowingly hire an illegal?? What is the status of doubling the number of immigration judges?? Add to these questions; when is Congress going to eliminate the Diversity Visa Lottery program, and rewrite our visa laws?? I hear Trump at every one of his huuuge rallies starting chants about "build that wall".. Just the other day he indicated he might "close down the government" if adequate funding isn't given for his beautiful wall.. Point is, there are many things that need to be fixed on the illegal immigrant problem.. implement 100% E-verify and decent jobs for illegals disappear.. Send ICE out to bust employers who've knowingly hired illegals with Fed Prosecutors not cutting "deals".. Put those employers in prison and whoops! there goes a lot of those construction jobs, landscaping jobs et al.. No jobs, no draw for additional illegals.. No jobs, and you'll see an exodus of many illegals "self-deporting" back to their home countries... Its obviously a complex issue but focusing on one or two aspects of it just doesn't fix the issue at all..
Dave

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 31, 2018, 7:56 pm

Reuters is reporting that there will be high level meetings this week between Mexico and the US on a trade deal. This is at least the second such meeting between the trade partners.

US Trade Rep Robert Lighthizer will meet with a high-level team from Mexico that includes representatives from the incoming president and outgoing president. In the meantime, Canada's foreign minister is headed to Singapore -- out of the loop.

AMLO, the incoming president of Mexico, wants to pursue a bilateral trade deal with the US.

Betting people believe that when Mexico and the US reach a deal, the same deal will be offered to Canada -- take it or leave it. Since Canada joined the TPP, ASEAN members would be able to exploit Canada to get ASEAN member products into the US. That won't happen now with Canada out of the loop.

Trudeau is standing firm on his reataliatory tariffs, still fighting environmentalists and trying to cram a carbon tax upon Canadians. If that carbon tax goes into effect, you can expect to see manufacturing companies in Canada packing up and leaving.

Trump is focused on those willing to talk. Mexico is in that number. Canada is not. According to Lighthizer, the US and Mexico are very close to coming to an agreement.

Again from Reuters:
There will be “technical meetings probably until Wednesday and a ministerial meeting on Thursday,” a Mexican source close to the talks told Reuters on Monday. A second Mexican source close to the talks also said a ministerial meeting was planned for Thursday.
One of the huge results of the deal between the US and Mexico would bring the Mexican economy and their stock market some stability.

If the deal is reached between Mexico and the US, the betting money is on NAFTA being dead.

Rumors are that there could be a major announcement before the end of the weekend or early next week.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 31, 2018, 7:59 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 31, 2018, 7:31 pm
ah but an illegal doesn't meet any requirements to be a citizen.. They're in the States illegally.. For all the blather about "build the wall" border security is just one piece of fixing the illegal immigrant problem and that's they key issue. Is there any mass support in Congress for making E-Verify mandatory for all job applicants?? Is there any legislation in committee or moving forward that has criminal penalties for employers who knowingly hire an illegal?? What is the status of doubling the number of immigration judges?? Add to these questions; when is Congress going to eliminate the Diversity Visa Lottery program, and rewrite our visa laws?? I hear Trump at every one of his huuuge rallies starting chants about "build that wall".. Just the other day he indicated he might "close down the government" if adequate funding isn't given for his beautiful wall.. Point is, there are many things that need to be fixed on the illegal immigrant problem.. implement 100% E-verify and decent jobs for illegals disappear.. Send ICE out to bust employers who've knowingly hired illegals with Fed Prosecutors not cutting "deals".. Put those employers in prison and whoops! there goes a lot of those construction jobs, landscaping jobs et al.. No jobs, no draw for additional illegals.. No jobs, and you'll see an exodus of many illegals "self-deporting" back to their home countries... Its obviously a complex issue but focusing on one or two aspects of it just doesn't fix the issue at all..
The process is go home and come back the right way.

You're correct about ALL of those points you mentioned apart from the wall. I agree with all of those loopholes that need to be closed shut.

This week, Trump said that he would not sign any omnibus bill or continuing resolution to keep the government running. He promised a veto unless Democrats come to the table to fix ALL of those issues that you mentioned.

If it happens, that veto will occur in September and just before the midterm elections in November. Trump is laying down the marker for the election -- all in. He's banking on Democrats not wanting to risk losing seats over the border issues that Americans favor.

And again, I agree with them all. SHUT. IT. DOWN.

Vlad123456
udonmap.com

Post by Vlad123456 » July 31, 2018, 8:30 pm

You must have a foot in the White House to accsess all this informatin comrade, either that or your head is stuck in someones diary for meetings.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 31, 2018, 9:08 pm

Lone Star wrote:
July 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
So you pull two questions from the entire poll of over 220 pages to discount the numbers provided? 555
Yes, exactly. Compared to you, who is apparently pulling numbers from two different polls without telling us which numbers came from which poll. I'm merely pointing out that support for Trump's immigration policies aren't nearly as monolithic as you apparently believe.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 31, 2018, 9:19 pm

Vlad123456 wrote:
July 31, 2018, 8:30 pm
You must have a foot in the White House to accsess all this informatin comrade, either that or your head is stuck in someones diary for meetings.
vlad surely you remember the Maggie Thatcher era ........... changed the law so that you had to be recorded as a jobseeker for the first 6 months? of unemployment rather than unemployed, and then produced a whole reem of stats about how she had cut the Unemployment figures by x many thousands and how great she was :evil:
Seemed like almost everyday she produced a new set of "massaged" figures to stop people opening their eyes to what she was really doing [-X

Thatcher when GREAT Britain became Britain ...... Trump when UNITED States became a state

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » July 31, 2018, 9:22 pm

Giggle wrote:
July 30, 2018, 11:04 am
Where are the colored and outsized fonts? Seems the hair-on-fire animus has taken it's toll. Either that or it has finally proven to be merely superfluous bluster and hysterical angst.
Hey everyone Edgar Allen Poe has come to join us with a veritable cornucopia of twink words to prance about with.

"Trump repeats Giuliani defense: 'Collusion is not a crime'
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Tuesday embraced a line of defense offered by his attorney, Rudy Giuliani, that "collusion is not a crime," even though he continued to deny any alleged ties between his campaign and Moscow during the 2016 election.

"Collusion is not a crime, but that doesn't matter because there was No Collusion (except by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats)!" Trump tweeted.

For months, Trump has insisted that there was "no collusion," but his Tuesday morning tweet hints at a potential expansion of his defense amid the ongoing special counsel investigation. Speaking to CNN's "New Day" on Monday, Giuliani said he wasn't sure if collusion was a crime.

The President has repeatedly denied that there was any collusion between his campaign and Moscow, and he told The New York Times in December that "collusion is not a crime."

Legal experts, however, have repeatedly said that anyone found collaborating with Russia on the 2016 election could be charged with other crimes, such as conspiracy, and special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation has not concluded.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collusion

Definition of collusion: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

acting in collusion with the enemy
Last edited by jimjay on July 31, 2018, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “U.S. Politics”