OZ Navy divers injured by chinese warship off Japan.

Sport
udonmap.com

OZ Navy divers injured by chinese warship off Japan.

Post by Sport » November 18, 2023, 8:49 am

On Tuesday the 14 Nov. the Australian warship HMAS Toowoomba was in Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone when fishing nets became entangled around its propellers.

The ship came to a halt and communicated its intentions to send divers into the water using internationally recognised signals "at all times".

Despite the clear communications, a chinese PLA-N destroyer in the vicinity began to approach the HMAS Toowoomba.

The Australian navy ship again advised the Chinese destroyer that it had divers in the water and requested it stay away but the calls were ignored, placing the divers in danger.

"Soon after, it (Chinese destroyer) was detected operating its hull-mounted sonar in a manner that posed a risk to the safety of the Australian divers who were forced to exit the water," a Defence Ministry statement said.

"This is unsafe and unprofessional conduct.

"Medical assessments conducted after the divers exited the water identified they had sustained minor injuries likely due to being subjected to the sonar pulses from the Chinese destroyer."

Oz Defence/deputy PM Mr Richard Marles said the "safety and wellbeing" of the Australian Defence Force Members was the "utmost priority."

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: OZ Navy divers injured by chinese warship off Japan.

Post by tamada » November 18, 2023, 11:51 am

Sport wrote:
November 18, 2023, 8:49 am
Oz Defence/deputy PM Mr Richard Marles said the "safety and wellbeing" of the Australian Defence Force Members was the "utmost priority."
...and?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 18, 2023, 12:18 pm

And what?

Do you think s bit of hairy chest thumping is in order? The sad truth is the Chinese will continue to push the envelope with stunts like this knowing that at this point they have no repercussions.

The issue is best left to back room diplomacy despite China's provocation.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 18, 2023, 2:17 pm

The "and" was the Captain had apparently already handled the "safety and wellbeing" albeit a bit late, by getting the divers back onboard. The Dep PM/Defence Minister's comment was superfluous. Not even a saber rattle let alone a "hairy" chest thump.
I have experience with the Chinese Navy interference offshore Vietnam, Korea, Philippines and Malaysia. They tend to escalate any confrontation as boats respond slower. These divers would have been better served by being pulled from the water as soon as the PLA-N boat ignored the first notification to mariners and commenced any close approach.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 18, 2023, 2:32 pm

Can't argue with this. Chinese jets playing chicken in recent days too. I wonder how they would react if the other party did a target locking, sooner or later their tactics will backfire and they will squeal like a stuck porker
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 19, 2023, 2:48 pm

The mainstream media is beginning to paint a picture of Xi as a somewhat diminished leader of an increasingly disgruntled nation with a slowly imploding economy. Good to see him getting out and about though.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 20, 2023, 7:21 pm

This is albo's answer to a question from Keiran Gilbert on Monday 20 Nov.
KG. 'You are coping a bit of flak over it that you didnt raise it with the chinese leadership in San Fran, can you clear that up'.
aa.'Well we have raised it very clearly to all through the normal channels and I can assure you that we raised these issues in the appropriate way'.

What a load of crap from this gutless Prime Minister albo. He was with the red leader when this happened, so why didnt he have some backbone to ask him, because albo is like a jellyfish, no spine and intestinal fortitude. This happened on Tue and not released to the Oz public till Sat after the meeting had finished.

I cannot see this incident vanishing any time soon.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 20, 2023, 7:41 pm

Totally agree, Sport.

If in the (highly unlikely) event that Morrison was meeting with Xi, he could, justifiably, have pulled out his ankle Derringer, and shot Xi between the eyes.

That would have sorted it out, yes?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2023, 5:50 am

If Albo's the spineless and gutless jellyfish, ignoring his recent claim that wind farms kill whales, what's Dutton?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 21, 2023, 7:25 am

Good morning Tam, another day of violent fruitless frivoloty on the forum. A bit like the cartoon with the big white sheep dog and the wolf. Wanting to kill each other during their shift but at the end of the shift, they shake hands and wish each other a peacefull nights sleep.
tamada wrote:
November 21, 2023, 5:50 am
If Albo's the spineless and gutless jellyfish, ignoring his recent claim that wind farms kill whales, what's Dutton?
Dutto would have told Herr XI that his warship was wrong in her aggresive and hurtfull manner towards the Oz warship and Herr XI should reprimand the chinese ships captain.

Now china is saying the incident did not happen and Oz is telling lies.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2023, 8:35 am

Still reckon the Oz navy skipper was asleep at the wheel and left the divers needlessly dangling out there for longer than necessary. That's where the reprimands should start.

Personally, I miss those heady days under Kevin's wing. At least he spoke the blackguards's lingo.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 21, 2023, 9:47 am

Kevin 07 was a ditherer he could not make a decision to save his life, very smart and very dumb in the same package

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2023, 3:58 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 21, 2023, 9:47 am
Kevin 07 was a ditherer he could not make a decision to save his life, very smart and very dumb in the same package
Listening to the to-and-fro at the UK's Covid enquiry and it appears that Boris Johnson had precisely those same disabilities.

Must be a leadership thing? At least yours was elected.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Politics - Other than Thailand”