Legal fallout from 2020 Election

Whistler
udonmap.com

Legal fallout from 2020 Election

Post by Whistler » June 25, 2021, 9:36 am

Given the unprecedented circumstances of that seminal election. The next step in dealing with the widespread range of following actions is going to be fascinating.

Rudy has had his license yanked in NY

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 58458.html

The Arizona 'audit' is approaching completion

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-audit-20 ... 01624.html

Defamation lawsuits against Sidney Powell and others are getting closer to finding a court date

https://abcnews.go.com/US/rudy-giuliani ... d=78451887

And of course Trump looks like he is going to be charged with a range of criminal offenses

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB190OE7

2021 and 2022 will almost certainly see the USA shaped by the outcomes of these interesting subjects

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Legal fallout from 2020 Election

Post by jackspratt » June 25, 2021, 11:01 am

Whistler wrote:
June 25, 2021, 9:36 am
Given the unprecedented circumstances of that seminal election. The next step in dealing with the widespread range of following actions is going to be fascinating......

The Arizona 'audit' is approaching completion

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-audit-20 ... 01624.html ......
In the meantime, the "audit" in Michigan has come to a totally unsurprising ending.
Michigan Republicans eviscerate Trump voter fraud claims in scathing report

In a highly anticipated report released Wednesday, the Republican-led Michigan Senate Oversight Committee rebutted former President Donald Trump's voter fraud claims, debunking allegations of malfeasance in the state's election last fall and affirming that Joe Biden was victorious.

The report is the product of an eight-month inquiry and concludes there was no basis or evidence to support the Trump campaign's repeated claims that the election results failed to reflect the will of the voters....

.......The report, which was supported by every Republican on the committee, was clear: "This Committee found no evidence of widespread or systematic fraud in Michigan’s prosecution of the 2020 election."

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-republi ... 00362.html

(My emphasis)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 25, 2021, 2:35 pm

How the 'ell did they come to that conclusion ???

I suspect they took far too much notice of facts and nowhere near enough of twitter

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 27, 2021, 8:48 am

One of the earliest settled cases, relatively small in dollar terms, but a precedent has been set. Sloppy lawsuits that are nothing more than BS have consequences.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/t ... VEPOJKRY4/
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2021, 12:18 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 15, 2022, 6:59 pm

Mazar's have now dropped Trump as a client.

This firm of accountants has been covering up Trumps accounting sleight of hand fora long time. To drop a cleint like this is a massive signal.

Trump 2024....no way

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 15, 2022, 10:04 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 15, 2022, 6:59 pm
Mazar's have now dropped Trump as a client.

This firm of accountants has been covering up Trumps accounting sleight of hand fora long time. To drop a cleint like this is a massive signal.

Trump 2024....no way
Not just the dropping but the suggestion that they've been working with bogus numbers from Trump's businesses for a decade.

https://www.ft.com/content/09c4e4b7-363 ... b07f9b8012
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 23, 2022, 9:18 am

So I guess we'll soon be hearing that an unfortunate fire or unexpected flash-flood has destroyed these records?

He must be pretty pissed off that the SCOTUS that he bought and paid for has given him a big dry one up the ort.

Reuters: U.S. Supreme Court formally ends Trump's fight over Capitol attack records.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 022-02-22/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 26, 2022, 12:16 pm

It now seems that Trump is toast.

The affidavit for the search in a redacted form must be released by noon Friday EST.

Trump's shrinking legal team appear not to be up to the task at hand. They have just tried to block the FBI from examining siezed documents by claiming they are classified!

This refutes Trump's previous claim that he did a blanket declassification, but is an admission that he retained classified documents, so regardless of the content, it is an admission that he broke more than one law.

The question now is, does he become a persecuted hero or a prosecuted villain? Or both? If the GOP has the collective balls to abandon him, a stint making number plates is on the cards

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 26, 2022, 12:47 pm

Since the GOP can't come up with an alternative candidate for national leadership, I can't see him being allowed to go to the clink.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 26, 2022, 1:01 pm

oh Trump will flail around for months to come. The media are going to cover every burp and fart out of the ---- talking reprobate cause that gets them clicks and views. But, I don't see him being a viable candidate in 2024. I think DeSantis would likely make Trump look like a total nincompoop in any debate...
Dave

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 26, 2022, 1:15 pm

tamada wrote:
August 26, 2022, 12:47 pm
Since the GOP can't come up with an alternative candidate for national leadership, I can't see him being allowed to go to the clink.
And how sir, will the GOP stop the courts from conviction?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 26, 2022, 1:25 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 26, 2022, 1:15 pm
tamada wrote:
There's still plenty of courts with 'crazy' Republican judges. In fact they've probably got the edge on numbers when it comes to courts with 'crazy' Democrat judges. For every prosecution, there's a defense. For every guilty verdict, there's an appeal.

I almost forgot. There's also pardons. Presidential ones too.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 26, 2022, 1:38 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
August 26, 2022, 1:01 pm
oh Trump will flail around for months to come. The media are going to cover every burp and fart out of the **** talking reprobate cause that gets them clicks and views. But, I don't see him being a viable candidate in 2024. I think DeSantis would likely make Trump look like a total nincompoop in any debate...
Nincompoopery is acceptable when sorting out your own wheat from the chaff but Trump would set a very, very low bar. Although debating Biden (if he even runs) would be one of those slo-mo train wrecks to watch, from his public outings so far, I don't see any suggestion that DeSantis would be comfortable or capable if he has to leave the shallow-end of the pool.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 26, 2022, 1:58 pm

tamada wrote:
August 26, 2022, 1:25 pm
Whistler wrote:
August 26, 2022, 1:15 pm
tamada wrote:
There's still plenty of courts with 'crazy' Republican judges. In fact they've probably got the edge on numbers when it comes to courts with 'crazy' Democrat judges. For every prosecution, there's a defense. For every guilty verdict, there's an appeal.

I almost forgot. There's also pardons. Presidential ones too.
A few things to consider.

Without exception, even from judges appointed by Trump, every crazy stolen election case went against Trump. Despite all the craziness in the USA, the court system typically upholds the rule of law. Yes, the supreme court is ultra conservative, but Row vs Wade was an interpretation, not one with clear cut evidence.

Ford pardoned Nixon, but that was before any trial took place. If the GOP takes the Whitehouse in January 2025, even with appeals, Trump is almost certainly going to be convicted, probably pending appeal, but convicted nonetheless

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 26, 2022, 2:26 pm

I would argue that the 'stop the steal' nonsense still quietly but relentlessly churns along in the hallways of courtrooms in certain states. It is not over. Certainly not while certain GOP Representatives and Senators either plead the Fifth or keep picking at the scab. Their ability to easily eject or marginalize any fellow Republican lawmaker, incumbent or otherwise, who doesn't appear to have a MAGA tattoo is worrying.

The difference between Nixon and Trump is the former had lost Congress AND the country. At this juncture, there's absolutely no indication that Trump has lost the country. These mid-terms are probably the most politically and socially significant elections in America's history yet politico's on both sides continue to tread on their dicks. As for his prosecution, I cannot share your zeal for America ever publicly admitting that they not only elected a wrong 'un but believed in and encouraged his nonsense. Six years plus of leading the GOP around by the nose? Oh, the ignominy. However, I will concede that regardless of being nominated or otherwise, I hope his days are done.

Pardons may be what's ultimately needed to put out the fire.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 26, 2022, 3:40 pm

Best result is that he never becomes a martyr

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 27, 2022, 10:34 am

Whatever the outcome, in this Presidency ,ONE single egotistical man with issues, has badly damaged the USA both internally and externally and split the country almost back into the PRE Civil War boundaries and legal posturing .
So congratulations D Trump the system that allowed you to trample on so many facets of the law while you were building up your so-called business empire is now showing cracks . In FOUR years destroying the trust ( maybe mis-placed ) people had in the Federal and Local Government you have unleashed the genie from the bottle destroying what was left of Democracy in some states . Politicising the Law and allowing complete idiots to pretend that they are important. Your call Make America Great Again has done that, showing the rest of the world just how great America is at destroying itself from the inside while allowing those who need to destroy what America stood far, sitting and waiting as they have nothing to do as Mr and Mrs America are sleepwalking into absolute chaos aided and abetted by Mr D Trump ( ex President of the United States ) .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 27, 2022, 6:43 pm

The release of the redacted affidavit gave no comfort to the Trump camp; but raised the specter of obstruction. There is almost zero chance that somebody will avoid being charged with obstruction (up to 20 years jail). Trump can only point the finger at others in his team and throw somebody under the bus. Will one of his team get in first with a plea bargain to save their own necks? This is happening at a pace folks.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 28, 2022, 9:52 am

Well he has done that before and will no doubt to continue to do so, there are times when seeking to eliminate someone albeit permanently sounds like a good idea . In this case it would be being kind to 300 plus million people

Return to “Politics - Other than Thailand”