A view on the swing to the right on both sides of the Atlantic

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: A view on the swing to the right on both sides of the Atlantic

Post by AlexO » July 15, 2021, 8:24 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 15, 2021, 2:28 pm
FFS Alex just read the facts about dechlorinated chicken" BEFORE you open that big trap of yours.
You will find it has Sweet FA to do with the fact that it is being dechlorinated and all to do with the fact that other important safety measures are relaxed/removed when dechlorination is used instead.
Anyone who is over the age of about 50 (just a guess) will probably remember what food tasted like before growers/farmers started interfering with the timescales/growth of plants and animals.
Do you remember what a proper tomato/potato/garden pea/runnerbean/Strawberry/chicken meat tasted like (back in the day when everything had a taste, and before they speed fed/overgrew/forced everything to be bigger and quicker?
There is another alternative. It was pretty well covered in the 1973 movie called Soylent Green. Sad thing is we would have been recycled years ago. Who cares about taste when you are starving.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 16, 2021, 8:01 am

The world produces much more food then we can eat , in fact we waste food 1000 tons of food every minute of every day , that's 1.6 billion tons of food a year. Add to that most GM crops have been engineerd to be sprayed with glyphosate , nature fights back by creating super weeds resistant to glyphosate so farmers are turning to older herbicides to control weeds like 2,4-D , an ingredient used in agent orange. All theses crops contain highly toxic residues that we eat. Humans are good at natural hybridization of food, the only reason to produce GM foods is simple , higher profits. Who needs a tomato with fish DNA in it
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 16, 2021, 8:06 am

^ Fully concur, papa.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 16, 2021, 8:35 am

Who needs a tomato with fish DNA in it

No wonder my kids wont eat tomatoes

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 16, 2021, 8:46 am

papafarang wrote:
July 16, 2021, 8:01 am
The world produces much more food then we can eat , in fact we waste food 1000 tons of food every minute of every day , that's 1.6 billion tons of food a year. Add to that most GM crops have been engineerd to be sprayed with glyphosate , nature fights back by creating super weeds resistant to glyphosate so farmers are turning to older herbicides to control weeds like 2,4-D , an ingredient used in agent orange. All theses crops contain highly toxic residues that we eat. Humans are good at natural hybridization of food, the only reason to produce GM foods is simple , higher profits. Who needs a tomato with fish DNA in it
Rich countries waste food certainly but there is a present world shortage of food especially in poorer, over populated, less fertile areas. While the Dictatorship (EU) issues rules on how much of a bend a banana can have and has a 1200 page ruling on the production of cabbages many thousands if not millions go hungry every day.
Glyphosate once applied and dried on the plant is non toxic (the main risk is to farmers who apply the spray and ingest the wet solution) Same as the horrid Agent Orange only toxic if you ingested the spray. Much study is also happening with more natural forms of pesticides which are currently way more dangerous than herbicides so its not all bad news. Its an emotive subject but we need to pull the finger out to ensure we do not have food security wars and the increasing population can be fed, even if it does not taste as good as many decades ago. Incidentally somewhere in your DNA is fish DNA as we all evolved from wee creepy crawlies that came from the sea.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 16, 2021, 9:50 am

They engineerd potatoes so they don't go brown after peeling them, how is that going to help feed the world.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 16, 2021, 10:08 am

papafarang wrote:
July 16, 2021, 9:50 am
They engineerd potatoes so they don't go brown after peeling them, how is that going to help feed the world.
and the worlds first levitating SCONES and invisible custard tarts !!!!
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 16, 2021, 10:43 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 16, 2021, 10:08 am
papafarang wrote:
and the worlds first levitating SCONES and invisible custard tarts !!!!
Apparently delivery on sunday, free from any GM I hope . :lol:

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 16, 2021, 11:00 am

papafarang wrote:
What potatoes do you buy that don't go brown if left to long after peeling. You as a purveyor or finished food products can you please confirm the last time you checked that the beef you buy has not been injected with excessive amounts of growth hormones, large amounts of antibiotics and are allowed to happily prance about in the sweet grassed fields mooing till their hearts are content before ending up in your pies and Sunday lunch menu. Same for the chicken and pork products you buy cook and sell on for a profit. Does the flour and other ingredients you use come with easily falsified organically grown certificates ie no herbicides, pesticides and chemical free fertiliser. Last time I looked into the Hansa old folks home the only signs of physical and mental disabilities were due to excessive amounts of Chang or other strange brews that are stored in aluminium cans.
Given the Americans preference for suing any and everything for the slightest reason I highly doubt that the efforts to increase the worlds food production by increased yields or losses due to pests and diseases are guilty of putting the public consumers in harms way. Monsanta excluded partly, they were a bit naughty.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » July 16, 2021, 4:04 pm

GM foods are just another way of American companies trying to dominate the world, and at its most basic, the food production.
GM foods are not a choiche for us, or even other countries. It is well known that US officials in American Embassies around the world, are helping Montesanto and PRESSURING governements to NOT ban Montesanto products but force them to use these products.
Thailand politely did withstanded such a US embassy led attack and kept their Glyphosate ban.
In the bigger picture, all the mass hysteria currently the us drumbeat of Evil China...anyone with a bit of common sense knows which countrie is the biggest threat and bully, including spying on its allies and its leaders. Probably thats off topic ... :-)

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 16, 2021, 7:55 pm

AlexO wrote:
July 16, 2021, 11:00 am
papafarang wrote:
What potatoes do you buy that don't go brown if left to long after peeling. You as a purveyor or finished food products can you please confirm the last time you checked that the beef you buy has not been injected with excessive amounts of growth hormones, large amounts of antibiotics and are allowed to happily prance about in the sweet grassed fields mooing till their hearts are content before ending up in your pies and Sunday lunch menu. Same for the chicken and pork products you buy cook and sell on for a profit. Does the flour and other ingredients you use come with easily falsified organically grown certificates ie no herbicides, pesticides and chemical free fertiliser. Last time I looked into the Hansa old folks home the only signs of physical and mental disabilities were due to excessive amounts of Chang or other strange brews that are stored in aluminium cans.
Given the Americans preference for suing any and everything for the slightest reason I highly doubt that the efforts to increase the worlds food production by increased yields or losses due to pests and diseases are guilty of putting the public consumers in harms way. Monsanta excluded partly, they were a bit naughty.
Potato is russet ,which we can't get in Thailand , my beef comes from a company called pure south from new Zealand .they have a site so you can look , grass fed only , my flour comes from Korea , natural unbleach. The rest I have no idea ,OK salad from an organic farm a few hundred MTR away. I don't buy these things for any other reason than there very good quality and taste great . but actually I can't see why you want to make this about me or my wife's business ?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 18, 2021, 3:51 pm

papafarang wrote:
July 16, 2021, 7:55 pm
AlexO wrote:
July 16, 2021, 11:00 am
papafarang wrote:
Potato is russet ,which we can't get in Thailand , my beef comes from a company called pure south from new Zealand .they have a site so you can look , grass fed only , my flour comes from Korea , natural unbleach. The rest I have no idea ,OK salad from an organic farm a few hundred MTR away. I don't buy these things for any other reason than there very good quality and taste great . but actually I can't see why you want to make this about me or my wife's business ?
Was slightly in jest Dean, not meant as a critism of the fine fare you provide.
I can also confirm that I was taken into hospital on Friday with a fairly major infection and never at any time did the doctor place the blame for the infection on Deans Pies or other forms of the excellent fare served up by your good lady and yourself.
The fact that people get slightly emotional about lots of different things should not be seen as a direct critism of the individual unless your name is Statto.
See you soon for a replen of pies.

Return to “Politics - Other than Thailand”