BritishPM

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: BritishPM

Post by AlexO » July 24, 2020, 1:54 pm

tamada wrote:
June 20, 2020, 5:08 pm
"The painful conclusion is that Britain has the wrong sort of government for a pandemic—and, in Boris Johnson, the wrong sort of prime minister. Elected in December with the slogan of “Get Brexit Done”, he did not pay covid-19 enough attention. Ministers were chosen on ideological grounds; talented candidates with the wrong views were left out in the cold. Mr Johnson got the top job because he is a brilliant campaigner and a charismatic entertainer with whom the Conservative Party fell in love. Beating the coronavirus calls for attention to detail, consistency and implementation, but they are not his forte."

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/ ... vid-crisis
So we should have had another General Election to find another Government who would have done things differently at the start of the Pandemic?? Isn't hindsight wonderful. Sir Starmer is acknowledged for his humane treatment of the Grooming gangs not for his handling of the Pandemic so who else would you suggest Tam.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 24, 2020, 2:16 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 24, 2020, 1:40 pm
If there were an election tomorrow he would win again.
=D> =D> =D>
Yip, does not matter how much the lefties and general UK haters think, Mr. Johnston will win the next election hands down. The pandemic will be over (if its not the we are all basically fecked) we will be free from the dictatorship and able to rule our own shores without interference from some European Countries who hold long standing grudges against the UK's fair shores. Labour,s absolute dearth of anything but 'tax the rich' and spend money we don't have to win votes will be cast to the waste bins it fully deserves. Watch this space.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 24, 2020, 3:12 pm

Is there some polling supporting that Vince? I'd have thought with Starmer and Johnson's very poor management of the Covid 19 crisis that Labour would be trending well.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 24, 2020, 3:59 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 24, 2020, 3:12 pm
Is there some polling supporting that Vince? I'd have thought with Starmer and Johnson's very poor management of the Covid 19 crisis that Labour would be trending well.
I'm surprised you even posted that, you're usually quite on the ball. Here's the poll of all polls but why would you ever take notice of a poll? Labour are polling very badly, Starmer is polling better but not brilliantly.

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of- ... d-kingdom/
Attachments
Screenshot_20200724-155827_Chrome.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 24, 2020, 4:22 pm

Removed. (Beaten to it.)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 24, 2020, 5:53 pm

fredwilliams wrote:
March 9, 2020, 1:13 am
BoJo is a prize plonker.
Written by another one I see

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 24, 2020, 5:56 pm

With the mounting Governmental Debt due to the Pandemic and the actions taken to alleviate the misery , having a Labour Parliamentary Party win an election would be the final nail in the proverbial economic coffin .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 24, 2020, 6:22 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 24, 2020, 5:56 pm
With the mounting Governmental Debt due to the Pandemic and the actions taken to alleviate the misery , having a Labour Parliamentary Party win an election would be the final nail in the proverbial economic coffin .
Crikey Paul! I actually find myself agreeing with you on something, 100% concur, a Labour government would an absolute nightmare.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2020, 6:23 pm

vincemunday wrote:
But there won't be an election tomorrow will there?

Your rebuttals are getting as facile as KP's.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2020, 6:24 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 24, 2020, 6:22 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
July 24, 2020, 5:56 pm
Crikey Paul! I actually find myself agreeing with you on something, 100% concur, a Labour government would an absolute nightmare.
Oh look! Bookends!

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 24, 2020, 6:30 pm

tamada wrote:
"The painful conclusion is that Britain has the wrong sort of government for a pandemic—and, in Boris Johnson, the wrong sort of prime minister. Elected in December with the slogan of “Get Brexit Done”, he did not pay covid-19 enough attention. Ministers were chosen on ideological grounds; talented candidates with the wrong views were left out in the cold. Mr Johnson got the top job because he is a brilliant campaigner and a charismatic entertainer with whom the Conservative Party fell in love. Beating the coronavirus calls for attention to detail, consistency and implementation, but they are not his forte."
Are you sure you're not talking about the Trumpster or is Boris his twin with a different hair style?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 24, 2020, 7:42 pm

tamada wrote:
July 24, 2020, 6:23 pm
vincemunday wrote:

Oh stop it you jerk, I'm using the phrase metaphorically to iterate the support Boris still has, as you well know.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2020, 7:46 pm

Stantheman wrote:
July 24, 2020, 6:30 pm
tamada wrote:
Are you sure you're not talking about the Trumpster or is Boris his twin with a different hair style?
Those were not my words (citation given) but some do find the parallels striking. At the risk of not polluting this thread with irrelevant stuff from across the pond, I'll leave it at that.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2020, 7:47 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 24, 2020, 7:42 pm
tamada wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

Oh stop it you jerk, I'm using the phrase metaphorically to iterate the support Boris still has, as you well know.
Declining support noted.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 24, 2020, 9:21 pm

tamada wrote:
July 24, 2020, 7:47 pm
vincemunday wrote:
July 24, 2020, 7:42 pm
tamada wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

Declining support noted.
I wouldn't want his job for all the tea in China, whatever he decides to do he's on a hiding to nothing.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 24, 2020, 9:33 pm

AlexO wrote:
July 24, 2020, 1:54 pm
tamada wrote:

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/ ... vid-crisis
So we should have had another General Election to find another Government who would have done things differently at the start of the Pandemic?? Isn't hindsight wonderful. Sir Starmer is acknowledged for his humane treatment of the Grooming gangs not for his handling of the Pandemic so who else would you suggest Tam.
SO TRUE ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 24, 2020, 9:36 pm

Cut the jocks oot i say .. and let them scratch around ... btw take the Euro as well not our pound.

Hate whingers .. but Blackford is a whinging champion ..

If all esle fails a short range nuclear attack .. NUKE EM

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 24, 2020, 9:44 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 24, 2020, 9:36 pm
Cut the jocks oot i say .. and let them scratch around ... btw take the Euro as well not our pound.

DM
Make Hadrian's wall a bit higher and keep wee Jimmy and her inbred kinfolk the other side of it.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 24, 2020, 9:52 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 24, 2020, 9:44 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 24, 2020, 9:36 pm

DM
Make Hadrian's wall a bit higher and keep wee Jimmy and her inbred kinfolk the other side of it.
Cut em loose LET THE SWEATYS FUND THEMSELVES .. save the ENGLISH tax payer zillions .. the last resort has to be a nuclear attack .. but its on the table in case Rangers stand a chance of winning the SPPL ..Scottish Premier Plastic League.

DM

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » July 25, 2020, 2:33 am

AlexO wrote:
July 24, 2020, 1:54 pm
Sir Starmer is acknowledged for his humane treatment of the Grooming gangs not for his handling of the Pandemic so who else would you suggest Tam.
Acknowledged by who? The same Tories who tried to defame him?

https://descrier.co.uk/politics/tory-mp ... red-video/

Return to “Politics - Other than Thailand”