Wills and tenements

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Wills and tenements

Post by dudscar46 » July 20, 2023, 4:13 pm

I’m looking for help or advice concerning my finances. I have a wife who has been unfaithful and deceitful and do not want her to have any financial benefits from me.I don’t have very much
I bought a house 9yrs ago now worth about 2.5 million, I have a fixed deposit acc 550,000 , open acc 460,000 and a condo in Pattaya on a company name worth around 900 thousand. Also Toyota pickup about 250 thousand, many tools worth about 5000.
I don’t mind leaving the house to her but not the rest. Is there any way to achieve this?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Wills and tenements

Post by tamada » July 20, 2023, 4:30 pm

Depends what property and bank accounts are in your own name.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2023, 5:04 pm

Thanks for posting Duds , maybe not the best place to be seeking such delicate information but its been ages since weve had a thread like this , im sure UMs resident experts will be along in an jiffy to solve your problem, sadly im no expert but as Tammy suggests depending whats in whose name re the things you mention makes a huge difference.

Of course i would do the honorable thing..

Empty the bank accounts
Tools in Pick up
Go live in yer Pattaya condo.

Alternatively take her on a last chance to patch it up deep sea fishing holiday

Hope that helps

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 20, 2023, 5:16 pm

Have to agree with DM, this is not the place to discuss such matters. Get a Lawyer.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 20, 2023, 6:15 pm

dudscar46 wrote:
July 20, 2023, 4:13 pm
I’m looking for help or advice concerning my finances. I have a wife who has been unfaithful and deceitful and do not want her to have any financial benefits from me.I don’t have very much
I bought a house 9yrs ago now worth about 2.5 million, I have a fixed deposit acc 550,000 , open acc 460,000 and a condo in Pattaya on a company name worth around 900 thousand. Also Toyota pickup about 250 thousand, many tools worth about 5000.
I don’t mind leaving the house to her but not the rest. Is there any way to achieve this?
What is your end game? Are you staying in thailand? Going back to home country? Moving to try somewhere new?
Will have a bearing on options available to you.

Good luck

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 20, 2023, 6:42 pm

dudscar46 wrote:
July 20, 2023, 4:13 pm
Without specifics that will require a lawyer the rules are rather clear.

The general rule for the division of assets in divorce is that assets acquired before marriage remain the property of the person bringing them into the marriage.
For all assets acquired during marriage they are split 50/50
I think, but have no legal knowledge, that infidelity may not be relevant.

You need legal advice to determine if the above is correct.
It is extremely likely that any depletion of the assets such as draining bank accounts or selling a vehicle will lead to legal problems.
Selling of tools or items you had before marriage will be irrelevant
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”