A painting contractor

mseely
udonmap.com

A painting contractor

Post by mseely » December 6, 2020, 4:57 pm

Can anyone recommend a painting contractor who has worked for farangs and knows our standards?
I live in NongKhai. Thank you. Mike

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: A painting contractor

Post by Doodoo » December 6, 2020, 6:36 pm

As a suggestion I would head to a local Paint Shop and ask for suggestions

Hope this helps

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 6, 2020, 8:12 pm

For what it’s worth, I’ve used 5 “professional” painters & 1 Somchai from the village before the rice harvest started.
Somchai was by far the best as he listened & did what was asked. The “professionals” immediately cut corners as soon as I looked away & frankly I also got sick & tired of telling them not to thin down the paint on every refill because it was just easier for them to apply
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 6, 2020, 8:28 pm

give me a number and I will call, I have a first rate guy, not too expensive, but top quality
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 7, 2020, 5:58 am

If they turn up without "Drop Sheets" they FAIL the first QA test = Find someone else! [-X
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 7, 2020, 8:18 am

Good point dero.. ive yet to see any Thai painters bring drop sheets . I e always had to give them.my own ....they prefer to splatter everything then get their wives to spend hours scrapping n cleaning sprints n paint drops .off tiles etc ... they love to.piss down the paint to make it quicker but then it diesnt cover or do the proper protecting job so needs an extra coat ..some darker colours wont dry evenly if too much watter is added ..also adding too much thinner to oil.based gloss paint is another fav trait .. gives a dull and low protective finish especially on steelwirk outdoors .

I buy Jotun paint and do not add water at all.. if u turn your back.on a thai painter the paint goes pissy .

I will.possibly need a painter in the near future so following this thread .. the last two jobs i did myself after politely asking them to leave ..but im.too.old n busy to be messing around so will try again ..hopefully this thread might turn up.a good one .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mseely
udonmap.com

Post by mseely » December 10, 2020, 4:21 pm

Hi Whistler,
Thanks for your message. I’m new at this and trying to find out how to send a private msg with my phone number. When I learn how, I’ll get right back to you. Mike

mseely
udonmap.com

Post by mseely » December 10, 2020, 4:40 pm

Good idea Doo Doo. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the hardest to find. Thanks

mseely
udonmap.com

Post by mseely » December 10, 2020, 4:56 pm

Thanks DM and Dero:
Will look for the drop cloths, buy my own paint, and locate anti pee pills.
Mike

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 10, 2020, 5:47 pm

Good luck
If and I know you will find someone Posting that info would be a great help

A side note that may or may not help.When we built our House I asked the wife to explain to the painters on the fence area I was paying them to apply paint to the walls and not the drive area. If they continued I would not pay them for the fence and we would have to negotiate for painting the drive.

Again Good Luck

mseely
udonmap.com

Post by mseely » December 13, 2020, 9:03 am

Do-Doo - regarding your suggestion to go to a paint shop:
Went to Do Home to check out their paints. Asking for a supervisor to help me, I got some good answers. One question was ‘did she know of a good painter’? She said Yes, called him, he called us and he’s coming over this morning for a look at the house. He sent pix of a job he’s doing now - pretty basic with guys on metal scaffolding painting a Thai style he’s WITH a drop cloth. We’ll see. Thx for the tip and your others.......Keep passing any suggestions you might have. I appreciate them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 13, 2020, 11:55 am

Great News

Good Luck

Return to “I'm Looking For....”