motorbike repair and service, east side.

tamada
udonmap.com

motorbike repair and service, east side.

Post by tamada » October 6, 2019, 11:55 am

We have a 6 year-old Fino that has a history of being a pain in the ass to start in the morning. Last time I looked, the clever clogs at the last bike repair shop installed a bigger battery. I guess they was unable to solve the main problem so gave us more cranking time! Once it's up and running, it's OK although is still takes longer to fire up than it should.

We also have a Wave of similar age (and neglect) that is reported to be a serial consumer of tires. I've been told that rims have been tried but it still gets flats but unclear if it just goes through tibes or buggers up the tires. Either way, another candidate for someone who may know better?

Since the 2-wheel users can't seem to find a bike repair shop that knows much, I am asking if there's one that you would recommend. Ideally east-side, Nong Sai Road area but if you have a known good bike repairman elsewhere, that's fine. Have pickup, will travel.

Ta
tam

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: motorbike repair and service, east side.

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2019, 12:16 pm

Since the 2-wheel users can't seem to find a bike repair shop that knows much, I am asking if there's one that you would recommend. Ideally east-side, Nong Sai Road area but if you have a known good bike repairman elsewhere, that's fine. Have pickup, will travel.

Check out Eet's shop on the Udon side of Big C. First soi past Big C is Charoensook. His shop is second on the left. He is excellent. Doesn't overcharge. In fact, he undercharges, and I give him more.

20191006-121256.jpg

20191006-121139.jpg
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 6, 2019, 3:28 pm

I take mine to a shop in Sirsuk road. Go up Naresuan to the back of the prison , hang a left at the lights, and about 50m along on your left..two guys been doing it for years.. even came 100km to the house once to pickup one of my bikes and take it back to repair it..goes like a rocket now..

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2019, 3:43 pm

maaka wrote:
October 6, 2019, 3:28 pm
I take mine to a shop in Sirsuk road. Go up Naresuan to the back of the prison , hang a left at the lights, and about 50m along on your left..two guys been doing it for years.. even came 100km to the house once to pickup one of my bikes and take it back to repair it..goes like a rocket now..
They are also excellent!

Before I bought my Harley, I used to bring my Yamaha Road Star 1600 there. Fair, honest and they back up their work.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 23, 2019, 7:46 pm

Thanks for the tips. After making much of the repair options I had found, the bro-in-law suddenly came over all mechanical a few days ago and got his Wave running and disappeared it for the best part of a day. He went and got it back after he came home from work so no clue where he took it. But that's 1 down, 1 to go!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 26, 2019, 11:55 am

theres something off about 1st gen true fuel inj
on many finos/scoopys of that age ( maybe 7-8 yrs old) just crank &crank&crank difficult cold starting
sensors bad or needs adj i hear them often
but where do go to find shop can actually fix them

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 26, 2019, 12:22 pm

mech_401 wrote:
October 26, 2019, 11:55 am
theres something off about 1st gen true fuel inj
on many finos/scoopys of that age ( maybe 7-8 yrs old) just crank &crank&crank difficult cold starting
sensors bad or needs adj i hear them often
but where do go to find shop can actually fix them
Yup, that's the perpetual issue here. Did anyone ever take them back to the Scoopy shop when they started acting the goat? I guess nobody here did. Just down to the local, hole-in-the-wall 'adjuster' shop. Came back with those nonsense skinny tires on eye-jarring yellow chrome rims and a bigger battery.

Sorted!... NOT

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 26, 2019, 6:33 pm

yes, im guessing it requires an extraordinary fella
who knows how to sort the FI out . have you tried
removing the rear view mirrors? sometimes helps

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 28, 2019, 8:49 pm

reading today about carbonrev.com an australian
start-up manufacturing one-piece carbon fiber
wheels for many exotic vehicles ( and mustangs)

Return to “I'm Looking For....”