ceiling fan shop

tamada
udonmap.com

ceiling fan shop

Post by tamada » August 30, 2019, 2:08 pm

Any local shops that deal more exclusively with fans and lighting?

One of the fans had expired at Casa tamada and looking for a simple replacement. It's a standard 3-speed, 5-blade, 52 cm with 4 point lights and a central, lower globe. Common design and would like it to match the one in the front room. However, 3 out of 5 shops that have the EXACT one I want say they're out of stock and the dust-covered display model, replete with price tag is all that's left... and it's not for sale! The other 2 shops don't have what I need.

So having struck out at BOTH Global House, Thai Watsadu, Homepro, HomeHub and Ubon Watsadu/DoHome, apart from lazada, what's left?

Ta
tam

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: ceiling fan shop

Post by RLTrader » August 30, 2019, 2:39 pm

apart from lazada, what's left?
About 6 months ago was looking for replacement and gave up locally, ordered from Lazada. Also came with remote.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 30, 2019, 4:00 pm

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 31, 2019, 9:41 am

tamada wrote:
August 30, 2019, 2:08 pm

One of the fans had expired at Casa tamada and looking for a simple replacement. It's a standard 3-speed, 5-blade, 52 cm with 4 point lights and a central, lower globe. Common design and would like it to match the one in the front room. However, 3 out of 5 shops that have the EXACT one I want say they're out of stock and the dust-covered display model, replete with price tag is all that's left... and it's not for sale! The other 2 shops don't have what I need.

So having struck out at BOTH Global House, Thai Watsadu, Homepro, HomeHub and Ubon Watsadu/DoHome, apart from lazada, what's left?

Ta
tam
Hi and Boonthavorn on the Ring Road have a large selection of ceiling fans up in the lighting section. They may have what you want.

They have Mr. KEN's if you are interested.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 31, 2019, 1:29 pm

kopkei wrote:
August 30, 2019, 4:00 pm
maybe here ? https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=th&pb ... E3oECA8QCw ;)
Looks like a good option. I'll check on Monday.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 31, 2019, 1:34 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 31, 2019, 9:41 am
tamada wrote:
August 30, 2019, 2:08 pm

Ta
tam
Hi and Boonthavorn on the Ring Road have a large selection of ceiling fans up in the lighting section. They may have what you want.

They have Mr. KEN's if you are interested.

pipoz4444
My experiences at their Pattaya and Udon locations has led me to believe that Boonthavorn is a hi-so way of saying paeng mahk.

But thanks for the suggestion. I had already checked there and forgot to mention it in my OP. They have the more expensive, more modern stuff whereas I am trying to retain the original, quaint, charming, antique cheap farang look at casa tam.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 31, 2019, 3:04 pm

and it is easy and cheap to make most ceiling fans remote controllable...
with this https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a ... ontrol_0_1
a better search at lazada or shopee will even find a better buy , i bought them before @ 160 baht/piece incl delivery..
at the mentioned shop they are priced 1.200 baht :shock: , prices ..prices ...
as info ... ;)

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » September 1, 2019, 10:02 am

tamada wrote:
August 31, 2019, 1:29 pm
kopkei wrote:
August 30, 2019, 4:00 pm
maybe here ? https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=th&pb ... E3oECA8QCw ;)
Looks like a good option. I'll check on Monday.
A very good option. Take a Thai speaker with you. I've bought items there with good quality and price and knowledgeable advice.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4106155 ... 044,18.52z

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 1, 2019, 11:30 am

That's the electric shop, they have a small selection, but also have parts for repair, like pull chain switches. When I checked back when, think the prices were between 4k - 6k but they did have the brand I was looking for, but no match. Wanted something I could just swap out.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 19, 2019, 11:58 am

RLTrader wrote:
September 1, 2019, 11:30 am
That's the electric shop, they have a small selection, but also have parts for repair, like pull chain switches. When I checked back when, think the prices were between 4k - 6k but they did have the brand I was looking for, but no match. Wanted something I could just swap out.
Checked their selection and didn't see anything I liked. Ended up hitting Thai Watsadu in NBL as they have everything on display in stock and I got the one I wanted. Mrs tam also bought herself a new food processor and convection oven there so she's happy(er).

Return to “I'm Looking For....”