auto/truck repair

waltpong
udonmap.com

auto/truck repair

Post by waltpong » August 20, 2019, 11:40 pm

I looking for current 2019 info on auto/truck repair services in Udon allot of old info on this topic and many places have closed and no longer in service. If you have current info about this topic please give location/phone number ect cause I do not live in Udon. I have a 15 yr old truck and if I go to Udon and it dies I would like a reliable place to take it to.
Any info would be great.
Thank You

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: auto/truck repair

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 14, 2020, 11:56 am

received_3543054759144896.jpeg
Steering/Suspension O/H
received_721155921804130.jpeg
The Bill
Thought this might be useful, just had all the Steering Joints, Track Rod, Front end Shocks Wheel Bearings (I Think) replaced on my old Izuzu pickup.
I use the workshop, map ref 17.410387,102.777053
(Don't know the name) and have done for several years, always pleased with the service/costs, can sit and watch the mechanics, free coffee, snacks while you wait. The lady Boss speaks some English. Used by the Police and Gov/workers.
Oil and Filter Change 1100bht.
If you go into Street View it's the building with the Yellow Bear fixed to Roof Eaves.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 14, 2020, 12:42 pm

Good info Billa!

That's Srisuk Wheel Center or Srisuk Garage.

From the location, I recall that this place has been mentioned in other threads by those seeking a reliable mechanic and good work.

https://g.page/srisuk-garage?share

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 14, 2020, 1:40 pm

I have an old Toyota Soluna that I keep at my condo in Jomtien. My insurance and registration were about to expire. I took the car to a Jomtien Toyota dealer for an oil and filter change. I insisted on knowing how much that was going to cost me and if they would check everything so it would pass the vehicle inspection. The cost was 1,500 baht. That was OK with me. When I picked up the car I was told that the tires and shock absorbers were dangerous. When I questioned them, they said the shocks and tires were too old. The car doesn't bounce when going over any bumps and I doubt that the tires have much more than 10,000 kilometers on them. The tire tread actually shows no wear. They also told me that the engine needs some new parts, I couldn't understand what parts they were talking about. Anyways the old car runs and drives very well. It easily passed the vehicle inspection and I am now set for another year. If my wife would have taken the car in, she would have been very worried about that diagnosis. I did drive the car down to Ban Chang and back. It never missed a beat. My bill was indeed 1,500 baht.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » October 14, 2020, 4:30 pm

glalt wrote:
October 14, 2020, 1:40 pm
I have an old Toyota Soluna that I keep at my condo in Jomtien. My insurance and registration were about to expire. I took the car to a Jomtien Toyota dealer for an oil and filter change. I insisted on knowing how much that was going to cost me and if they would check everything so it would pass the vehicle inspection. The cost was 1,500 baht. That was OK with me. When I picked up the car I was told that the tires and shock absorbers were dangerous. When I questioned them, they said the shocks and tires were too old. The car doesn't bounce when going over any bumps and I doubt that the tires have much more than 10,000 kilometers on them. The tire tread actually shows no wear. They also told me that the engine needs some new parts, I couldn't understand what parts they were talking about. Anyways the old car runs and drives very well. It easily passed the vehicle inspection and I am now set for another year. If my wife would have taken the car in, she would have been very worried about that diagnosis. I did drive the car down to Ban Chang and back. It never missed a beat. My bill was indeed 1,500 baht.
Tires – it does not matter how many Km you have done or how much tread is left, it’s the age that matters i.e. any tire over 4 or 5 years needs throwing away and buying new
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 14, 2020, 11:09 pm

My tires are not weather checked and show no cracks. I'll take my chances.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2020, 7:08 am

Well tyres here are not just subject to wear and tear, but also the SUN, a very powerful force especially the UV rays. I had a spare wheel, hidden under the vehicle after 4 years of NON use, it had deteriorated to the point not only was it flat but also falling apart .
If a garage told you that the tyres were dangerous then I would listen as well as the shocks, not using it , means that the working parts do deteriorate, I am sure that driving along with a tyre blowing out at lests say 30/40kph will be a lesson you never forget, more so if your wife is driving.
Shocks not working will harm other parts and the shock generated by a BAD road surface, will damage other parts and could lead to collapsed suspension, but again I am sure you do not really care about yourself or your wife to allow that to happen it seems.
When learning and further training in the British Army, tyres and suspension were always mentioned as very important as with brakes, cheaper to maintain them all in good working order, rather than pay bigger bills when they fail.
But I am sure you are right they will do , please tell that to your wife if anything fails, I am sure she will be very understanding !!...........from a hospital bed.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 15, 2020, 9:17 am

FYI, my wife doesn't drive the old beater. It has a permanent home at my condo and rarely leaves Jomtien. The estimated Toyota dealer cost for replacing the tires and shocks was 30,000 baht. That is too high of a cost for simply being overly cautious. My wife has a fairly new car and I have a fairly new 4X4 Isuzu. Either of those vehicles make the long trips to Jomtien from Loei and back. As I said, I'll take my chances. My former 2004 Nissan pickup truck tires were well over twelve years old. I replaced those tires when the tread got hard and were slippery on wet roads. Besides that, car dealer part prices are no bargain.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2020, 10:16 am

Then do not use the Dealer, go to a Tyre shop mine for my truck came in at 12000 for 4 new tyres, considerably larger than a toyota car. You pays your money or not as the case may be, please do not come bleating for assitance if it all goes pear shaped will you.
Obviously more money than sense.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 15, 2020, 10:37 am

glalt wrote:
October 15, 2020, 9:17 am
FYI, my wife doesn't drive the old beater. It has a permanent home at my condo and rarely leaves Jomtien. The estimated Toyota dealer cost for replacing the tires and shocks was 30,000 baht. That is too high of a cost for simply being overly cautious. My wife has a fairly new car and I have a fairly new 4X4 Isuzu. Either of those vehicles make the long trips to Jomtien from Loei and back. As I said, I'll take my chances. My former 2004 Nissan pickup truck tires were well over twelve years old. I replaced those tires when the tread got hard and were slippery on wet roads. Besides that, car dealer part prices are no bargain.
Take the car to another garage and see if they also condemn your tires and shocks if they do and you don't act more the fool you, if they say all good you've saved cash without compromising on safety

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2020, 10:41 am

dunroaming wrote:
October 15, 2020, 10:37 am
glalt wrote:
October 15, 2020, 9:17 am
Take the car to another garage and see if they also condemn your tires and shocks if they do and you don't act more the fool you, if they say all good you've saved cash without compromising on safety
I agree a company like Tyreplus experts in Tyres, tracking etc, will advise at sensible prices as well.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 15, 2020, 10:44 am

glalt wrote:
October 14, 2020, 11:09 pm
Unless it's a tank, the first part of any vehicles suspension are the tires. Running hard rubber on Thailand's rubbish roads will start hammering the more expensive suspension underpinnings.

As suggested by others, don't go to a dealer for tires and shocks. Down Pattaya, out on the dark side, there's a tire shop that re-shod Mrs tam's CR-V with new Maxxis rubber for 8000 baht fitted. That was after replacing the front wishbone bushings that had been hammered over the previous ~100,000 km on the stock, good tread but rock-hard Michelins.

If you do need a western-style shop experience (air conditioned waiting room and 3-in-1 coffee) and reasonable up-front pricing, there's B-Quick. Their website shows what's available and all the prices too.

My 6 year-old, 120,000 km pickup needs new tires and shocks. I could get a set of BF Goodrich for around 24,000 baht or Maxxis for around half of that. I reckon I'll get either GiTi or Hankook for 15,000 baht, fitted. As for shocks, a set of Monroe's would set me back around 8000 baht. For only around 25 k baht, it will ride just like new.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2020, 11:02 am

tamada wrote:
October 15, 2020, 10:44 am
glalt wrote:
Unless it's a tank, the first part of any vehicles suspension are the tires. Running hard rubber on Thailand's rubbish roads will start hammering the more expensive suspension underpinnings.

As suggested by others, don't go to a dealer for tires and shocks. Down Pattaya, out on the dark side, there's a tire shop that re-shod Mrs tam's CR-V with new Maxxis rubber for 8000 baht fitted. That was after replacing the front wishbone bushings that had been hammered over the previous ~100,000 km on the stock, good tread but rock-hard Michelins.

If you do need a western-style shop experience (air conditioned waiting room and 3-in-1 coffee) and reasonable up-front pricing, there's B-Quick. Their website shows what's available and all the prices too.

My 6 year-old, 120,000 km pickup needs new tires and shocks. I could get a set of BF Goodrich for around 24,000 baht or Maxxis for around half of that. I reckon I'll get either GiTi or Hankook for 15,000 baht, fitted. As for shocks, a set of Monroe's would set me back around 8000 baht. For only around 25 k baht, it will ride just like new.
Good advice but we are all speaking to man who has decided to ignore all advice and soldier on regardless, lessons to be learnt the hard way , hopefully not but heading that way it seems . as I said more money than sense.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 15, 2020, 11:21 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 15, 2020, 11:02 am
tamada wrote:
glalt wrote:

Good advice but we are all speaking to man who has decided to ignore all advice and soldier on regardless, lessons to be learnt the hard way , hopefully not but heading that way it seems . as I said more money than sense.
As far as your opinion, it's better for you to mind your own business and I'll mind mine. I find your opinion about cars as useless as your political posts.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 15, 2020, 12:53 pm

glalt wrote:
October 15, 2020, 11:21 am
Khun Paul wrote:
October 15, 2020, 11:02 am
tamada wrote:
glalt wrote:

As far as your opinion, it's better for you to mind your own business and I'll mind mine. I find your opinion about cars as useless as your political posts.
"pot...kettle..." post of the day award goes to...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2020, 4:57 pm

My reply to the OP is that I spent consideerable time in the Armed Forces and in the Police learning about and maintaining cars/truck, lorries and Missile launchers, taught mainly by the Manufacturers, the one thing that was always mentioned each and every day was Tyres, brakes and servicing. So you can if you like rubbish my posts , relating to tyres, it is as they say your funeral . But here with the standard of roads and other road users at best iffy, then NOT ensuring you have the best available and all that is tantamount to sheer stupidity , but then as you know it all, I rest my case.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 15, 2020, 7:50 pm

just bought a set of Dunlops the other day for our little city putt putt Nissan March. The factory tires, five years old and 165 70R 14's were ready to be replaced.. Went to YANG BOONKIT on the south side of town.. Outstanding service, being met in the parking lot after I stopped by the English speaking manager.. He passed us off to the sales girl who took us to the showroom tire racks that displayed the size of tires I' wanted for the car. Showed us four models, two different manufacturers and gave immediate quotes on the spot. As soon as we'd agreed on a set and price, she high signed the tire crew who brought the car in, put it up on a lift and had all four tires off in the car and old tires dismounted within a few minutes. The new tires were brought out (I bought a new spare tire too), all mounted, all spin balanced, remounted on the car and the car taken to the alignment bay. The wife was called to pay the bill and got the guarantee which included a couple of years of wheel rotation and balancing. The whole process took about 50 minutes with the car brought back to the exit bay where the tire supervisor walked me around the car, advised me he'd put 30 pounds pressure in all tires and got us ready to go.. We were asked to take a picture in front of the car, were saluted and off we drove.. I've gone to this family run, very large store several times over the years with our first visit back around 2005. located about 2km south of the Ring Road (northbound lane) on Route 2 here: https://www.google.com/maps/@17.3543702 ... 384!8i8192
Dave

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » August 4, 2022, 6:08 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
October 14, 2020, 11:56 am
received_3543054759144896.jpegreceived_721155921804130.jpeg

Thought this might be useful, just had all the Steering Joints, Track Rod, Front end Shocks Wheel Bearings (I Think) replaced on my old Izuzu pickup.
I use the workshop, map ref 17.410387,102.777053
(Don't know the name) and have done for several years, always pleased with the service/costs, can sit and watch the mechanics, free coffee, snacks while you wait. The lady Boss speaks some English. Used by the Police and Gov/workers.
Oil and Filter Change 1100bht.
If you go into Street View it's the building with the Yellow Bear fixed to Roof Eaves.
Info for Mak
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » August 4, 2022, 8:13 am

Thank you for your help. I will check them out.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”