Mattresses

Post Reply
User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3594
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Mattresses

Post by tamada » February 1, 2019, 9:55 am

Time to replace a couple of queen-sized mattresses. Not looking for high-end, top-dollar stuff here as it's for the beds of some lesser mortals sharing the same roof at tam mansion. But they must be decent enough quality to hold up for another 12 years or so.

Ta
tam



User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 1883
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Mattresses

Post by semperfiguy » February 1, 2019, 3:50 pm

Tamada, Global House on the eastern leg of the Ring Road has a good selection. Also, turn east at the traffic light just north of that Global House and see Suriya Furniture on the right as soon as you make that turn. He has a great selection and he will bargain with you. There is a mattress vendor just out the main entrance to Thai Watsaidu Hardware on the eastern leg of the Ring Road headed south from the junction at the older Big-C on Nittayo Road. I shopped all three and decided on Global House for the best comfort for less money. Good luck!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3594
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Mattresses

Post by tamada » February 2, 2019, 6:54 am

semperfiguy wrote:
February 1, 2019, 3:50 pm
Tamada, Global House on the eastern leg of the Ring Road has a good selection. Also, turn east at the traffic light just north of that Global House and see Suriya Furniture on the right as soon as you make that turn. He has a great selection and he will bargain with you. There is a mattress vendor just out the main entrance to Thai Watsaidu Hardware on the eastern leg of the Ring Road headed south from the junction at the older Big-C on Nittayo Road. I shopped all three and decided on Global House for the best comfort for less money. Good luck!
Good tips mate, all on my side of town and to be investigated. There's also the mattress stand in the covered parking out back of Big C Nittayo to be checked out.

TBH, the old mattresses were all the 'free' ones that came bundled with beds bought at Index a dozen years ago so probably not anywhere near premium quality from the get go. Like sleeping on a bag of rocks. FWIW, I dropped by the tents outside Index and HomePro yesterday afternoon and they had decent 6' x 6' mattresses starting around 8900 baht at Index and 10,900 at HomePro.

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1388
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Mattresses

Post by kopkei » February 2, 2019, 5:24 pm

i bought some mattresses for my pienongs at dohome , a lot choice at affordable prices and ok quality ,
for real quality mattresses i would go robinson ...they have many discounted offers too... ;)

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3594
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Mattresses

Post by tamada » February 4, 2019, 9:25 am

Since it was the weekend, I stayed off the roads but did check out Thai Watsadu. The guy outside has the 6' for 7200 baht but there's some cheaper 6' on offer inside with 3800 baht being the cheapest.

User avatar
runrunshaw
udonmap.com
Posts: 211
Joined: January 4, 2016, 12:47 pm

Re: Mattresses

Post by runrunshaw » February 6, 2019, 10:52 am

tamada wrote:
February 4, 2019, 9:25 am
Since it was the weekend, I stayed off the roads but did check out Thai Watsadu. The guy outside has the 6' for 7200 baht but there's some cheaper 6' on offer inside with 3800 baht being the cheapest.
Best mattresses I have seen in town are at Robinson's, but you have to catch them on sale or they'll cost an arm and a leg.
The best gadget is the human brain.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3594
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Mattresses

Post by tamada » February 13, 2019, 2:57 pm

Took Mrs tam along to check out the mattresses at Thai Watsadu for the requisite firmness required by the recumbent Thai body and she picked a couple of the 4495 baht ones. Then we went to Big C and blew the rest of my 'pension cheque' on pampers and baby formula. Bloody good job I'm not retired (yet) or else I couldn't afford to drink at the Udon TAP.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10016
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Mattresses

Post by 747man » February 13, 2019, 4:50 pm

tamada wrote:
February 13, 2019, 2:57 pm
Took Mrs tam along to check out the mattresses at Thai Watsadu for the requisite firmness required by the recumbent Thai body and she picked a couple of the 4495 baht ones. Then we went to Big C and blew the rest of my 'pension cheque' on pampers and baby formula. Bloody good job I'm not retired (yet) or else I couldn't afford to drink at the Udon TAP.
Or Maybe Yer Shouldn't Make Babies, " Eh Tam..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “I'm Looking For....”