Good gammon at a decent price

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Good gammon at a decent price

Post by dunroaming » December 11, 2018, 7:23 pm

Would love to know where to buy decent gammon steaks at reasonable price in Udon lovely with a bit of pineapple and a fried egg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Where to buy good gammon at a decent price

Post by vincemunday » December 11, 2018, 7:28 pm

Ask Steve at the Tbar aka the Oracle, I'm sure 100% he'll know, you might even find he sells them
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 11, 2018, 7:37 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 11, 2018, 7:23 pm
Would love to know where to buy decent gammon steaks at reasonable price in Udon lovely with a bit of pineapple and a fried egg
Dunroaming,

Come out to TIT. We have some nice Gammon steaks left. 250 grm, 105 bht and 500 grm, 200 bht.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 11, 2018, 7:45 pm

dunroaming wrote:
Two months back, I went Makro. Down in the meat section where they have all the meat/franks/manufactured meats pinned up on the wall, I found a Pack of six Ham/Gammon Steaks. They were not Frozen, just on the wall in between the Franks and some TGM slices of Ham. The package said something about Canada (Some place north of the USA with a Ladyboy for a Prime Minister). \:D/ Thought this might wake up some Moose Steak lovers \:D/

Anyway back to the question, and the "Pack of six Ham/Gammon Steaks", possibly from Canada?? The Cost only about TB 399 for the pack of Six (TB 66 each). They were oval shape about, size about 13cm x 8cm x 1cm, very nice taste, very moist even after BBQ, looked great next to a couple of Pork Snags, 2 x Eggs, some fried Tomatoes and grilled Onions. Good value and worth a try, if you are going to Makro

Hope this helps

pipoz444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 11, 2018, 8:00 pm

Thanks will have a look usually in Make at least twice a week

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » December 12, 2018, 6:19 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 11, 2018, 7:45 pm
dunroaming wrote:
Two months back, I went Makro. Down in the meat section where they have all the meat/franks/manufactured meats pinned up on the wall, I found a Pack of six Ham/Gammon Steaks. They were not Frozen, just on the wall in between the Franks and some TGM slices of Ham. The package said something about Canada (Some place north of the USA with a Ladyboy for a Prime Minister). \:D/ Thought this might wake up some Moose Steak lovers \:D/

Anyway back to the question, and the "Pack of six Ham/Gammon Steaks", possibly from Canada?? The Cost only about TB 399 for the pack of Six (TB 66 each). They were oval shape about, size about 13cm x 8cm x 1cm, very nice taste, very moist even after BBQ, looked great next to a couple of Pork Snags, 2 x Eggs, some fried Tomatoes and grilled Onions. Good value and worth a try, if you are going to Makro

Hope this helps

pipoz444
'Tried those Makro ones, they are processed meat, not gammon steaks, just like their hams, okay for the money, but I prefer real meat. For me the best real gammon steaks are the ones sold by TIT at 105bht a real good meal at a reasonable price, for the record TIT also sell proper ham as well .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » December 12, 2018, 8:20 am

I buy mine from Prime Foods in Pattaya, best taste ever order on line and they send by bus, too easy their bacon and ham and other products are excellent. but KPK for sausages. Steve at T Bar sells all their stuff to try before you buy a large quanity direct

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 12, 2018, 8:46 am

Thanks for all the info

udonman
udonmap.com

Post by udonman » December 12, 2018, 8:49 am

The Kinaree has a fridge beside the bar stocked with many items including Gammon Steaks all from Prime Foods.. Beer is also cheap if you fancy a drink..

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 12, 2018, 6:19 am

pipoz444
'Tried those Makro ones, they are processed meat, not gammon steaks, just like their hams, okay for the money, but I prefer real meat. For me the best real gammon steaks are the ones sold by TIT at 105bht a real good meal at a reasonable price, for the record TIT also sell proper ham as well .
[/quote]

Sh.. my taste buds must be fading with age :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”