Brake shoes

tamada
udonmap.com

Brake shoes

Post by tamada » July 15, 2018, 1:08 pm

I have managed to eke out about 85,000 km on the original front brake shoes on the sports lorry but today they started binding when cold and squealing a bit on low speed stops. I was hoping they'd last till the 90 k km service but I guess not.

Since the 100k k and/or 3 years warranty is up, I reckon I could pop across the street to B-Quick since they appear to have a fast and friendly, 'western style' service. Do they have different grades of brake shoes? Ideally I want Bendix or some other premium brand so asking if anyone knows what brands they carry.

I see a lot of cars... and I mean a whole lot of cars have red or yellow 'Brembo' brand brake calipers so assume that that is the second most popular upgrade after ditching factory rims and rubber for alloys, etc.. Any comments on the quality and cost of a Brembo brake upgrade? Does B-Quick do them?

Any other recommendations for brake work appreciated. UD Max are just up the street and always look busy as well. Ideally need a well automated 'while-you-wait' place or otherwise operate a decent appointment system.

Ta
tam

PS. Just noted I can buy Bendix pads and shoes on lazada so maybe I will buy what I want and get a shop to fit them.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Brake shoes

Post by macca46 » July 15, 2018, 1:36 pm

Bendix is as good as you will get for your every day motoring needs, Brembo is made for high performance cars that need to be slowed from high speed real quick they are dual piston with much bigger pads.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » July 15, 2018, 2:23 pm

Most all of the “Brembo” brakes you are seeing are cheap covers glued over the stock calipers. For looks only. You can buy them at the night market.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » July 16, 2018, 11:19 am

randerson79 wrote:
July 15, 2018, 2:23 pm
Most all of the “Brembo” brakes you are seeing are cheap covers glued over the stock calipers. For looks only. You can buy them at the night market.
Correctomondo. Held on with a set screw and double sided tape. Hilarious!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

Too funny that fake ----.

Anyway, B Quick's website shoes Bendix front brake shoes (pair) all in price of 1650 baht. Since the shoes are 1460 baht on lazada, I'm popping up the road to B Quick.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”