Wristwatch R&M

tamada
udonmap.com

Wristwatch R&M

Post by tamada » July 8, 2018, 11:49 am

My Seiko is doing the herky-jerky thing with the sweep second hand so the 'capacitor' is due for replacement. I also need to get the metal band replaced.

Any advice of best watch repair shop that also carries some decent non-OEM watch bands that won't rust away?

Ta
tam

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Wristwatch R&M

Post by vincemunday » July 8, 2018, 12:07 pm

Tam, Kevin in the Gallery was saying he knows a decent watch maker/repair man, might be worth giving him a bell.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 8, 2018, 12:09 pm

Tam , theres a watch n clock repair shop next door or very close to Fuzzy Kens , a guy sits outside the shop n most stuff he will do while you wait or within an hour or so . He done a few bits n bobs for me over the years.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 8, 2018, 12:29 pm

Vince, DM, thanks for the tips.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 8, 2018, 12:41 pm

also one across the street from UD Town (Tesco and BK).. Usually opens around 11AM... The repairman has a little setup right inside the watch/clock store. He has a huge collection of various watch bands etc.. as well as most any watch battery. He even cleaned and adjusted my great-granddad's pocket watch that hadn't run in years... located here: https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4007835 ... 312!8i6656
Dave

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » July 8, 2018, 5:53 pm

tamada wrote:
July 8, 2018, 11:49 am
My Seiko is doing the herky-jerky thing with the sweep second hand so the 'capacitor' is due for replacement. I also need to get the metal band replaced.

Any advice of best watch repair shop that also carries some decent non-OEM watch bands that won't rust away?

Ta
tam
Directly opposite Central, on the corner, watch repairs to a very high standard. They put a new battery and replaced a link in my Tag Heuer for a very reasonable price. In the UK, It would have cost a small fortune.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 15, 2018, 12:43 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 8, 2018, 12:41 pm
also one across the street from UD Town (Tesco and Burger individual).. Usually opens around 11AM... The repairman has a little setup right inside the watch/clock store. He has a huge collection of various watch bands etc.. as well as most any watch battery. He even cleaned and adjusted my great-granddad's pocket watch that hadn't run in years... located here: https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4007835 ... 312!8i6656
Chose this guy as I could park outside and then took the lad for a dander through Tesco's while we waited. Came back the next day and he did the battery in Mrs tam's fancy watch as well. Good fast service.

Recommended!

Return to “I'm Looking For....”